Dr. Craig Leonardi, MD

Dr. Craig Leonardi, MD

Dermatology  |
Dr. Craig Leonardi, MD is a dermatology doctor who practices in Saint Louis, MO. He is 63 years old and has been practicing for 32 years.

1034 S Brentwood Blvd Ste 600

Saint Louis, MO 63117

• HealthLink

Learn about Dr. Leonardi

See how frequently Dr. Leonardi performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Psoriasis
Actinic Keratosis
high
Shingles

Dr. Leonardi's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Dermatology

• Dermatology
    Accredited by: American Board of Dermatology*

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Herpes Simplex Infection
  • Hives
  • Intertrigo
  • Itchy Skin
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Molluscum Contagiosum Infection
  • Varicose Veins
  • Warts

• Destruction of Benign Skin Lesion
  • Destruction of Malignant Skin Lesion

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Missouri.

• Univ Of Miami Sch Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1985
  • Jackson Mem Hosp/Jackson Health

Dr. Leonardi has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Leonardi does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Leonardi and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Leonardi's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Leonardi to family and friends
3.5
Dr. Leonardi's Performance
    GOOD
    GOOD
Wood River, IL |
After being to other dermatologists concerning my hands eczema with no help Dr. Leonardi was able to diagnose my problem and prescribe the correct treatment. Finally having relief.
St Louis, MO |
Horrible man. He treated me with no respect and yelled at me when I questioned taking so much medicine. He prescribed me high risk medicine that should only be used for 2 weeks but he gave it to me for 6 months. Luckily a different type of doctor at a different place told me the dangers of taking the medicine and I immediately stopped. He has never told me the side effects of medications and has no regard for my health of safety whatsoever. Please if you care about your safety, do not see him!
St Louis, MO |
I had read reviews and was concerned about how my appointment would go due to some things I had read. I was pleasantly surprised. The PA talked with me first, laying the groundwork for my time with the doctor. Dr. Leonardi was courteous and asked questions concerning my health. He did not seem rushed or discourteous. His staff is wonderful. Friendly and laid back while being courteous and professional. I would recommend him to anyone with a dermatological issue.
in St Louis, MO |
When you finally realize this is one of the most brilliant dermatologists in St. Louis, you will easily understand that this doc opts for helping patients with valid problems, versus helping someone who doesn't like the placement of a freckle. That said, the whole office seems to support one another, and the team he has handling insurance coverage re prescriptions should definitely be commended for going the extra mile. PS. Great saltwater fish too, so the 10 minute wait is no big deal !!
in Alton, IL |
About 12 years ago, I went to see Dr. Leonardi about a small mole on my leg. He did a biopsy and a few days later the office called for me to come in. He told me it was a malignant melanoma and he would remove it that afternoon. I've always felt that he probably saved my life.
in St Louis, MO |
his bed side manner is less than great, but is very knowable about skin, you must ask him to dumb it down on most things due to his extreme amount of knowledge
St Louis, MO |
Not only would he not answer any of my questions, I fainted and he didn't ask if I was okay. I woke up to the nice nurse and someone completely different. He left the room once I was out and never checked up on me.
in St. Louis, MO |
While Dr Leonardi's bedside manner is definitely lacking, he is an excellent dermatologist. He has given my mother relief from one of the most severe cases of psoriasis that he has ever seen. And it was the most severe case that 3 doctors that she went to before him had seen. He is sometimes short & curt, but he will listen to you and take time with you (although you sometimes have to insist) and he knows what he is doing. I will take knowledge over bedside manner any day!
in Saint Louis, Missouri |
The staff has been extremely rude both times we have come. Literally mocking the patient before us in 'whispers' loud enough for the woman to hear. The Dr was rude and very Curt, he dismissed the reasons we had come and left us feeling like we were not helped at all.
Have you seen Dr. Craig Leonardi, MD?
Are you Dr. Leonardi?