Dr. Craig A. Kuhns, MD

Dr. Craig A. Kuhns, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery | Male | 43 years old

Learn about this Doctor

I typically recommend a very conservative approach using surgery as a very last resort. We often try activity modification, pain modulation, PT and sometimes injections. If surgery is needed, our first choice is motion preservation surgery utilizing procedures such as microdecompression, laminotomy, laminoplasty or disc replacement. In those cases where fusion is needed we utilize state-of-the-art minimally invasive techniques if possible providing patients and easier and faster recovery.Read more

Dr. Kuhns' Experience

97Experience
Match

See how Dr. Kuhns' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Kuhns

Dr. Kuhns accepts 19 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 7 hospitals where Dr. Kuhns has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Kuhns
Dr. Kuhns' Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (31)
in Austin, TX |
Dr. Kuhns provided fusion surgery for my lower back. Pre-operative evaluation was outstanding. He was open, honest and frank. I was confident and comfortable with my decision to move forward. The procedure and recovery went as he predicted. 3 months out and I'm doing great. Pain is gone and mobility is outstanding. His office runs on-time and his staff is very professional. My time is valuable, too. He and his office respected that. A wonderful experience. Highly recommend!
in Georgetown, TX |
Dr. Kuhns was a God send. I was having severe pain and couldn't walk. He saw my pain & did surgery that other Drs wouldn't do. I am 3 months into recovery and can walk !!! I have severe scoliosis & had sciatic pain. He did a fusion & I'm as good as my old self. I am walking. Not bad for an 81 yr old. God bless Dr. Craig Kuhns & his fabulous staff. Thank you to Elizabeth too. Wonderful people. I thank God for Dr. Kuhns. He's a great Dr and a good man. And, excellent office folks too. Thank you !
in Austin, Texas |
One of the best doctors I have been to in my 69 years. Very direct, professional, knowledgeable, kind and caring. Told me I needed surgery, it was scheduled and happened. It was successful, the care was excellent by Dr. Kuhns, his staff and the hospital. I would and will recommend Dr. Kuhns. Thank you, Sandra Carothers
in Austin, TX |
I was referred to Dr. Kuhns by my pain specialist. I appreciated the in-depth approach to define the problem before proceeding with treatment. I did have surgery, but was in and out in four days. The pre and post-op experiences were what you hope for: Short waits; time taken to explained scans and xrays followed by choices. Kuhns' approach helped isolate a secondary problem which narrowed the scope so to lay out a plan. Kuhns is methodical, efficient, effective, approachable. I refer him.
in Austin, TX |
very caring, through, takes time to listen and explain, very cautious about performing surgery even though he is a surgeon. Thanks to his effort I got epidural injection same day from another doctor to get relieve from extreme pain i was having. its worth the drive to see him at lakeway
in Austin, TX |
Dr. Kuhns was really a terrific doctor. He was also very responsive to needs after surgery and cared about the family.
in Spicewood, TX |
I highly recommend Dr. Kuhns. He is a very gifted surgeon who exudes compassion for his patients. I literally entrusted my life into his talented hands when he performed a 71/2 hour surgery on my spine. He corrected my scoliosis and many other spine/nerve related problems. After enduring many years of pain, I can tell you I have no regrets in trusting Dr. Kuhns! I am very pleased with the results and so grateful to Dr. Kuhns.
in Warsaw, MO |
My husband fell and broke his neck severally 4 years ago. We were blessed to have Dr. Kuhns, then living in the Midwest, as the surgeon. My husband is able to lead a normal life now. Six months ago we found Dr. Kuhns again, but in Austin, Tx. My husband had to have discs placed in his spine due to arthritis and Dr. Kuhns was the ONLY doctor we felt comfortable doing the surgery. My husband is doing wonderfully and we owe a huge debt of gratitude to Dr. Kuhns and his expertise.
Have you seen Dr. Craig A. Kuhns, MD?
Are you Dr. Kuhns?

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.