Dr. Craig Hurst, MD

Dr. Craig Hurst, MD

Plastic Surgery  |
Dr. Craig Hurst, MD is a plastic surgery doctor who practices in Tucson, AZ. He is 47 years old and has been practicing for 19 years. Read his story

3170 N Swan Rd

Tucson, AZ 85712

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • CareSource
  • Community Health Choice
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)

Learn about Dr. Hurst

See how frequently Dr. Hurst performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Breast Reconstruction
high
Localized Fat Deposits
Breast Surgical Procedure

Dr. Hurst's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Hurst's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Hurst "Patients at Hurst Plastic Surgery will find a dedicated and highly educated Tucson plastic surgeon who brings a commitment to both cutting edge medical technology and a classical understanding of artistic aesthetic. If you have experienced dissatisfaction with any aspect of your appearance, it could be affecting your self-confidence. If you would like a smoother, more youthful face, larger breasts, or a flatter, smoother tummy, this team has the training to make it happen. Hurst Plastic Surgery knows how difficult it can be to lack confidence in your appearance. Instead of feeling self-conscious, this compassionate team helps you to address the aspects you are unhappy with and handle them for good! Enhance your natural beauty and feel more confident than ever. Get started today by calling to schedule your complimentary consultation!"

• Plastic Surgery

• Wrinkles

• Abdominoplasty
  • Adjacent Tissue Transfer
  • Blepharoplasty
  • Body Contouring (After Weight Loss Surgery)
  • Botox® Injection
  • Breast Augmentation
  • Breast Lift Surgery
  • Breast Reconstruction
  • Breast Reduction
  • Breast Surgical Procedure
  • Cleft Palate Repair (Palatoplasty)
  • Cosmetic Facial Surgery
  • Cosmetic Surgical Procedure
  • Ear Plastic Surgery (Otoplasty)
  • Excision of Skin Cancer
  • Juvéderm® Voluma® Injection
  • Lip, Excision or Resection
  • Liposuction
  • Nipple Reconstruction
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Skin Grafts
  • Skin and Tissue Reduction
  • Wound Repair

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• Dalhousie University Faculty Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1998
  • University Of Ottawa / Faculty Of Medicine
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2013
  • University Of Utah
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2005
  • Indiana University / School Of Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2003

Dr. Hurst has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Hurst does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hurst and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Hurst's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hurst to family and friends
3.7
Dr. Hurst Says:

Each one of our patients are important to us, and we are glad to sit down with any of our patients and address their pre or post op concerns.  Dr. Hurst has a great deal of experience in the procedures he performs, and our team is highly trained in their respective fields, with specific emphasis on customer comfort, care, and satisfaction.

We're certainly sorry if any of our...

Dr. Hurst's Performance
in Tucson, AZ |
Great experience, explained everything I needed to know about the procedure which gave me lots of confidence in Dr. Hurst, and had several follow up appointments to make sure everything was going well.
in GREEN VALLEY |
Dr. Hurst performed my surgery April 14th, 2017. Results were much better than expected. He's thorough with answers to my questions. He's very professional and friendly. My recovery is going Great!! The staff is always friendly and helpful. Can't ask for more !! I've been very satisfied .
in Tucson, AZ |
Dr. Hurst is an amazingly compassionate, intelligent & open-minded surgeon, who put my safety first & even allowed me to use alternative methods on a gaping wound left open by a MOHS surgeon at another practice. Because of all this, I won't need reconstructive surgery after all, meaning Dr. Hurst also puts the patient's best interest ahead of his bank account. If I ever do need any type of plastic surgery, I'll be calling Dr. Hurst immediately & am recommending him to everyone I know.
in Tucson Arizona |
I went into Dr Hurst office for a medically necessary consult met Dr Hurst he was excellent his staff sadly I would have to say otherwise. Constant laziness it took them over a week to send in a authorization for surgery then whoever sent it in vindictively coded it as a cosmetic surgery which is definitely not the case I am a cancer survivor trying to move on and they have done nothing except cause more trama for me and my family I asked for a surgery date they told me no not until the insur
in Tucson, AZ |
Dr. Hurst and his staff are incredibly compassionate and professional. I've had multiple surgeries, and my results are amazing. I couldnt be more pleased with him and his work. He takes his time and has always made me feel like I am his only patient. Tami and Samantha make things run smoothly so he can do what he does best in the operating room. I highly recommend him if you are looking for the best plastic surgeon in Tucson.
in Tucson, AZ |
I was referred to Dr. Hurst for an in situ melanoma removal. My original appointment was supposed to be surgery day, yet after waiting 1 hour in the lobby I found out that no surgery would be performed. After rescheduling that appointment for the following week and showing up ready for my surgery at the second appointment, I was informed that they had without my permission changed my appointment. No one had bothered to call to tell me that. Can't wait to see what they'll do for appointment 3.
in Gilbert, AZ |
Dr. Hurst and his staff were amazing! I came from Gilbert to have surgery done by him and it was well worth it. Tami worked with my schedule and accommodated me in such a professional manner. Dr. Hurst even came in on a Saturday to do my consultation. I love my results! I have recommended him to my fiance. She wants to see him for a breast lift and implants. I have confidence again and I couldn't be more pleased.
in Tucson Az |
Dr. Hurst and his office staff were very professional. I am very happy with my outcome.
in Phoenix, AZ |
I would highly recommend Dr. Hurst. I am very happy with my results. He did an excellent job.
in Tucson, AZ |
Dr. Hurst performed two surgeries on me to remove lesions inside my mouth . He missed some tissue the first time around so had to do a second surgery. I ended up with a hardened ridge at the front of my mouth which is visible when I open my mouth. He did a 10 day follow up when my mouth was still swolleneed but did not have me come back for a three month follow up exam to see the end result. I am disappointed in the surgery outcome.
in Tucson, AZ |
I have been going to dr hurst for three years now. And he does a great job on all of my surgeries
in Tucson, AZ |
Dr. Hurst performed a very delicate operation on my infant son to help correct some birth defects that were keeping him from breathing properly. I trusted him with my son's care completely and I felt that while he didn't follow up often, he did take great care to ensure that my husband and I were consulted about my son's care and prognosis. He even gave me his personal cell number should I have any questions about my son's care. Very glad to have a surgeon with his specialized skills in Tucson.
in Tucson Az |
Dr. Hurst has performed 3 procedures on me. All my office visits have gone very well and I am extremely pleased with my results. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Hurst. His office staff are always friendly and professional. Thanks.
in Tucson, AZ |
Dr. Hurst and his office manager, Tami, made my experience outstanding. I would without a doubt recommend him for any cosmetic surgery. He listened to my needs and gave me the results I wanted. I was very nervous, but after meeting with him I knew he was the right Doctor for me. Tami was very knowledgeable and I felt confident with my decision. She was always there when I needed to ask a question. Thank you Dr.Hurst for giving me the confidence I needed.
in Tucson, AZ |
Dr. Hurst and his staff very caring and understanding. He listens and has always treated me respectfully. My breast reconstruction looks great and I feel confident about how I look. l would recommend him to anyone seeking plastic surgery.
in New Port Richey, FL |
Dr. Hurst was very kind and compassionate.He did a great result. I couldn't be happier with my results.
in Bisbee, AZ |
Dr. Hurst did an excellent job of replacing an encapsulated implant (breast reconstruction) and of placing an implant on the other breast. However he injected Botox & filler some months later. My bottom lip developed a huge swelling with a divot in the center. When I returned to his office he stated I'll have to look into it...I left in tears and never heard from him again. Now, 9 months later, the swelling has gone down, but is still obvious, so it appears to be a permanent disfigurement.
in Tucson, AZ |
I am very pleased with the results of the procedures Dr. Hurst performed on my face on two different occasions. I will highly recommend Dr. Hurst to my friends.
in Tucson, AZ |
I have been to see a number of plastic surgeons and Dr Hurst is the best! He addressed all of my concerns and the results were better than I had imagined. I will recommend Dr Hurst to all of my friends.
in Tucson, AZ |
This surgeon ignored a serious post op infection after he exchanged my implants after undergoing painful breast reconstruction several years earlier out of town.The invasive infection was mismanaged for three months resulting in a catastrophic failure. Breast Reconstruction options have been very limited if at all even an option.This has been a devastating occurrence in my life! His post operative management is deficient and his knowledge of post surgical infections reckless.
Have you seen Dr. Craig Hurst, MD?
Are you Dr. Hurst?

Visit Dr. Hurst

Dr. Hurst accepts 24 insurance carriers
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • CareSource
  • Community Health Choice
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA