Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Craig Della Valle, MD
Dr. Craig Della Valle, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Chicago, IL. He is 48 years old and has been practicing for 22 years. Dr. Della Valle is affiliated with Rush University Medical Center.

1611 W Harrison St Ste 300

Chicago, IL 60612

• Priority Health

Learn about Dr. Della Valle

Most people don't want to have surgery. I think it's a normal reaction to try to avoid being in the operating room. But I think what happens is, when people get severe hip and knee arthritis, they get to a certain point that they're so frustrated - every step that they take they have pain, putting on their shoes and socks they have pain - that they reach a point and they say, You know what? I don't want to have surgery, but I just can't live like this any longer. And I think that's the point for most people when they decide to come and see me and talk a little bit more seriously about having a hip or knee replacement. I think with the volume of hip and knee replacements we do at Rush, which is 3 to 4,000 per year, it gives us the luxury of a lot of experience. And by having a lot of experience with these very specific procedures, allows us to take care of patients with very difficult problems. So sometimes we'll see patients who've had multiple prior surgeries before or maybe have had a complication following a previous surgery. And with our experience I think we're able to handle those patients and offer them good solutions to what sometimes are very difficult problems.

Dr. Della Valle's Experience

Dr. Della Valle's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  • Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Avascular Necrosis
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Systemic Sclerosis

• Hip Resurfacing
  • Knee Replacement
  • Knee Replacement Revision
  • Uni-Compartmental Knee Replacement

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1995
  • Nyu Hospital For Joint Diseases
  • Nyu Hospital For Joint Diseases
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed
  • Rush University Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Della Valle has no media or publications listed.

• International Congress for Joint Reconstruction, Member

View Video

Dr. Della Valle's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Della Valle to family and friends
Dr. Della Valle's Performance
in Aurora, IL |
With the level of experience of Dr Della Valle I knew I was in good hands. What also stands out is Dr Della Valle and his staff take the time to listen and take time to explain things very clearly.
in Rolling Meadows, IL |
Saw Dr. Della Valle and his resident, Dr. Allison, today and not only are they great dr.'s, but they did something few people in medical world do; they LISTEN!! I will suggest them to anyone with hip or knee issues.
in Bloomingdale, IL |
Due to previous sports injuries and joint deterioration associated with age both my hips and knees needed replacement. Over the last six years Dr. Della Valle has replaced both hips and knees at Rush Medical center. All four surgeries where successfull. I'm now totally pain free and getting around with ease thanks to Dr. Della Valle's exceptional skills as a surgeon, his staff and Rush Medical centers facilities. I would defiantly recommend him to anyone needing hip or knee reconstruction.
in Battle Creek, MI |
I am a long distance patient and he went out of his way to meet with me on very short notice. His staff is friendly and always very positive.
in New Lenox, IL |
Rated as one of the best surgeons for Knee replacements, Revisions, and infection of prosthetic joints. Between his expertise and the fantastic treatment I received at Rush hospital, I would recommend him.
in Chicago, IL |
Excellent doctor. Surgery went well with no complications during or after. Recovery was very easy. He definitely knows what he is doing.
in Woodstock, IL |
My hip replacement went smoothly. I am back swinging a golf club 6 weeks after the procedure. Feeling great! Thanks to all the staff at Rush.
in Sauk Village, IL |
Dr. Della Valle was great with me. He did a hip resurfacing for me in January, 2015 and I was back to running in (5) months. My recovery has been excellent.
in Glen Ellyn, IL |
Dr. Della Valle performed a hip resurfacing. From barely being able to walk over a 1/2 block without extreme pain to having no pain is something I am very thankful for. I was not sure what to expect and well I did think I would have some relief I could not be happier with the results. I am very thankful to Doctor Della Valle and his team and cannot speak highly enough of them.
in Hobart, IN |
My father, 83 years old, never had any surgeries or hospitalizations since he was 10 years old had a total right hip replacement by Dr DellaValle in January of this year 2016. His results were fantastic, was home and at out patient therapy within 4 days from surgery. Dr Della Valle's team are awesome, doctor is so professional, kind and compassionate to his patients and their family. To see my father walk again with a smile is priceless, thank you Dr Della Valle!!
in Oak Forest, IL |
My experience with Dr Della Valle and his staff was wonderful. My congenital hip dysplasia made for a difficult hip replacement and Dr Della Valle handled it with expertise. His staff is great to work with and available for any questions or concerns. I underwent my surgery on a Friday, home the next day, off the pain medications in a week and back to work. This doctor is personable, conscientious and extremely competent. I would highly recommend Dr Della Vallefor your orthopedic needs.
in Schererville, IN |
I was very fortunate to have Dr. Della Valle perform my badly needed knee replacement. After the surgery they have me up and walking the very same day, difficult to do but no pain! To my amazement I had absolutely no knee pain any longer. Within 2 weeks I was walking without a crutch or a cane. It's been six weeks since my surgery and Dr Della Valle told me that everything looks very good and he'll see me in a year. All in all my experience was wonderful. No pain anymore! Thank you Doctor!!
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Della Valle is personable and has a great team working with him.
in Hinsdale, IL |
Dr.Della Valle is the best! My results were outstanding. I had a total hip replacement at age 65, and even though he uses the posterior approach that involves cutting muscle, I was off the crutches and cane and walking on my own in only 11 days. Starting at 4 weeks out, I have been able to walk fast and normally, 5,000-10,000 steps a day, for the first time in years. This can only happen with an excellent surgeon who does minimal damage to internal tissues during the course of surgery..
in Bloomington, IL |
I went to Dr. Della Valle for a 2nd opinion for total knee replacements of both knees. I was referred to him by my local orthopedic surgeon who does not perform replacement procedures. The fact that Dr. Della Valle is on the faculty and performs his surgeries at Rush in Chicago was an important consideration. Rush has one of the top rated Orthopedic programs in the US. I felt comfortable with him immediately.
in Lincolnshire, IL |
I strongly recommend Dr. Della Valle for a Total Knee Replacement and here are the reasons why: #1 Excellent Result! Everything was efficient, from the classes offered, information provided up to the day of surgery & through my release. It was a seamless process and a first class experience! The nurses Kim & Jane were responsive & awesome! I am 6 weeks post op cleared to resume all physical activities and have my life back. Thank you Dr.Della Valle. by Bob Berland 2x Olympian 84&88
in Syracuse, IN |
If you want your hip done the right way, he is your man. He did a revision for me and I am glad that he was my Doctor. I think he is really good at teaching the young Doctors that he is mentoring. Great Job!
in Chicago, IL |
I expected 100%, I received100%.
Have you seen Dr. Craig Della Valle, MD?
Are you Dr. Della Valle?

See our Orthopedic Surgery Specialist at Northwestern Medicine Lake Forest Hospital

Visit Dr. Della Valle