Dr. Craig Cook, MD

Dr. Craig Cook, MD

General Surgery | Male | 45 years old

You, the patient, are the most important person to our practice. We are committed to providing the best possible medical care. Excellence is our goal. We have worked to provide a full range of service and have highly trained and knowledgeable staff who have been together for some ten years plus. We look forward to being part of your medical team.Read more

Utah Surgical Associates
Patient Safety Excellence Award

Dr. Cook is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Cook's Experience

97Experience
Match

See how Dr. Cook's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Cook

Dr. Cook accepts 14 insurance carriers

14 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Cook has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Cook

Dr. Cook's Review Details
5 based on 144 responses
Experience with Dr. Cook
Dr. Cook's Office & Staff
    Under 10 minutes (139)
Provo, UT |
I highly recommend Dr. Cook to anyone looking for a caring and knowledgable surgeon. His office staff is kind and prompt with their followups and interaction with patients. Dr. Cook takes time with you to explain procedures and go over your recent test results.
Spanish Fork, UT |
Dr. Cook is very good at describing what needs to be done.
in Alpine, UT |
I was lucky. I met with my primary care physician complaining of abdominal pain. He recommended blood tests and CT scan. I went to Timpanogos Regional Hospital for the test because of my healthcare plan. The tests showed high white blood cell counts and the CT scan showed blockage in the intestinal track. Dr. Cook was the doctor on duty at the time. I have since learned that I was very blessed to have him be the one to treat me and ultimately perform my surgery. My care has been excellent!
in Orem, UT |
I never spent much time waiting during appointments. Dr. Cook and staff are quick to get you from waiting area to exam room and are in to see you right away. This is awesome and not something a lot of physicians prioritize. Dr. Cook also spent the time needed to explain all relevant information and answer all questions. The surgery went as expected and all follow-up care was thorough. In the unfortunate event that you need Dr. Cook's services, he is a great surgeon! All staff were also great!
in American Fork, UT |
Excellent experience! I scored a hat trick of hernias: one umbilical and two inguinal. Dr. Cook and Jori (despite the fact that he is a Ute fan) were both awesome. They clearly explained the probable causes of my condition and in great (and accurate) detail told me how the day of the surgery would go. They also took time to explain what to expect with recovery. So far, it's going just like they said it would. I liked the fact that they treated me as an individual and gave me any time I needed.
in Springville, UT |
He is a GOOD Doctor!
in Orem |
I was in the hospital over Christmas 2 yrs in a row. I had a huge hernia I went from a 47 inch was to a 34 inch. He also got rid of my MRSA that I had had for about 5 yrs. He saw me everyday I was in the hospital even on Christmas.
in Orem |
He took me from 47 inch waist to a 34 inch I had a hugh herina. He also got rid my MRSA. He never past my off to another Dr I was under his hospital care two yrs in a row over Christmas and saw me every day including Christmas.
in Delta, UT |
Very good at bringing procedure explanation to patient understanding level. Professional and very personable at the same time.
Provo, UT |
Dr. Cook was kind, knowledgable, and professional in his manner. The total surgery plan was explained prior to surgery as well as proper post op care.
in Spanish Fork |
Met with him for a few minutes before surgery, but worked with the Nurse Practitioner in the office. I have felt much better since the surgery. Unfortunately it took too many doctor visits, urgent care, emergency room visits to get some help. Thank you for listening to me and helping me and not telling me there is nothing wrong as I had been told in all my previous visits to the medical offices. I appreciate it.
in Orem, UT |
Best Dr. I have ever had. Takes time, fantastic follow-up. Truly made me feel like he has my best interest as a priority. The result of his surgery was perfect!
in Midway, UT |
Dr. Cook is one of the best physicians I have ever encountered in my 67 years of life. He helped me survive a perforated colon without the expected colostomy. Recently he operated on me again and performed a double mastectomy. Both times I was so impressed by his compassionate caring and his incredible skill. He's very tuned in to the patient. He's attentive before and after surgery. He's very well respected by the nurses and other doctors as well as his patients. He's absolutely amazing.
in Mapleton, UT |
This is a very friendly office. They remember you by name. Wait time is very little. Great place.
in Springville, UT |
Dr. Cook was recommended as a general surgeon for my husbands hernia(s)surgery. He met us and was very personable and seemed very aware. He scheduled the surgery as soon as he had an opening and that was just in days. The surgery went well and he was communicative about the procedure. Very nice person; no complications with the operation.
in Provo, UT |
My experience was excellent in every way. I appreciated the confidence and competence of Dr. Cook, his office staff, and the entire O.R. team at the hospital. I was treated kindly at all times and everything was explained in great detail to me several times over. The overall effect was that I felt very little apprehension and a lot of confidence.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Dr. Cook is an excellent Doctor! I travel out of state to see him. He is a gifted surgeon who genuinely cares about your well-being. He explains things well and takes his time talking with you. He saved my life! His staff is awesome and returns calls very fast! :) Nothing but positive experiences with his office!
in Mapleton, UT |
Dr Cook was able to resolve problems I have had since my original surgery over 10 years ago. After numerous procedures by other surgeons, I was fortunate to find Dr Cook during an emergency room visit. His knowledge and experience is exceptional and his genuine concern for his patients is beyond compare! He is quick to educate and answer any and all questions. His entire staff shares this same concern for their patients and I feel fortunate to be under their care. I highly recommend Dr Cook
in Cedar Hills, UT |
We had a great experience with Dr. Cook. He was knowledgeable and helpful and seemed very interested in helping us find a solution to our problem.
in Payson, UT |
still in the recovery stage but everything has gone well, the staff have answered all my questions and have been very accomidating.great job thus far!
in Orem, UT |
Dr. Cook is exceptional. Besides being a knowledgeable and gifted surgeon and physician, he is easy to talk to. He listens carefully and explains clearly. He has always taken time with me and I never feel like he is rushing my visit. I have been so very pleased.
in Pleasant Grove, UT |
If I could give Dr. Cook 10 stars, I would. I hadn't met him until the day of my surgery, but that was OK because his nurse practitioner, Christy, was fantastic. On the day of my follow-up appointment, I saw both Christy and Dr. Cook. What I love about my experience is that they gave me exceptional medical care and they cared about me. I left their office feeling like Dr. Cook had been my family doctor for the last 15 years. Plus, my surgery was textbook perfect.
in Lehi, Utah |
Heard great things about Dr. Cook from friends and he exceeded all my expectations. Great Doctor and amazing staff.
Provo, UT |
He has operated on me 2 times and I have done very well with the results. He is a good listener and very kind. [I work in the OR.]
in Provo, UT |
Dr. Cook has done surgery on my sister, her husband and all of their children (5) and my mother and on me. We believe that he is the most skilled surgeon available anywhere. He is also personable.
in Spanish Fork, UT |
Dr. Cook is a wonderful surgeon. He listens to all your concerns and helps you make the best possible decision for the best outcome. He isn't pushy and wants to make sure you understand the procedure and recovery. I would recommend his to anybody!
in Orem, Utah |
He is an amazing doctor. He explains everything well and is an excellent surgeon.
Have you seen Dr. Craig Cook, MD?
Are you Dr. Craig Cook, MD? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Cook

• Biliary Atresia
  • Breast Cancer
  • Cholecystitis and Gallstones
  • Cholelithiasis
  • Collapsed Lung (Pneumothorax)
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Neuroendocrine Tumors
  • Parathyroid (Gland) Tumor: Other than Malignant
  • Partial Lung Collapse
  • Peripheral Arterial Embolism and Thrombosis
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Phlebitis and Thrombophlebitis

• Breast Surgical Procedure
  • Colectomy
  • Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Decortication and Pleurectomy
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Esophageal Surgery
  • Hernia Repair
  • Incisional Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Open
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Kidney Surgery
  • Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair
  • Paraesophageal Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Parathyroidectomy
  • Port Placements or Replacements
  • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)
  • Puncture Aspiration
  • Thyroidectomy or Thyroid Lobectomy
  • Tracheal Surgery
  • Umbilical or Ventral Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Wound Repair

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

University Of Utah School Of Medicine

Graduated in 1998

University AZ

Dr. Cook has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Cook does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cook and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Cook's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in General Surgery
  • Board certified in General Surgery
  • Malpractice claims in Utah not available
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Cook

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Cook's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Cook

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Cook's Care Philosophy