Dr. Craig Cook, MD

Dr. Craig Cook, MD

General Surgery  |

Dr. Craig Cook, MD is a general surgery doctor who practices in Provo, UT. He is 46 years old and has been practicing for 19 years. Dr. Cook is affiliated with Mountain View Hospital, Timpanogos Regional Hospital, Utah Valley Regional Medical Center and American Fork Hospital.

Utah Surgical Associates

• Deseret Mutual (DMBA)
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Golden Rule

Learn about Dr. Cook

See how frequently Dr. Cook performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Umbilical Hernia
Umbilical or Ventral Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
Appendectomy, Laparoscopic

Dr. Cook's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Cook "You, the patient, are the most important person to our practice. We are committed to providing the best possible medical care. Excellence is our goal. We have worked to provide a full range of service and have highly trained and knowledgeable staff who have been together for some ten years plus. We look forward to being part of your medical team."

• General Surgery

• Biliary Atresia
  • Breast Cancer
  • Cholecystitis and Gallstones
  • Cholelithiasis
  • Collapsed Lung (Pneumothorax)
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Partial Lung Collapse
  • Peripheral Arterial Aneurysm
  • Peripheral Arterial Aneurysm and Dissection
  • Peripheral Arterial Embolism and Thrombosis
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Phlebitis and Thrombophlebitis

• Breast Reduction
  • Breast Surgical Procedure
  • Colectomy
  • Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Esophageal Surgery
  • Hernia Repair
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Open
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Thyroid Surgery
  • Tracheal Surgery
  • Umbilical or Ventral Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Wound Repair

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

• University Of Utah School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1998
  • University Az

Dr. Cook has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Cook does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cook and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Timpanogos Regional Hospital

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Patient Safety Excellence Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Cook is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Cook's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cook to family and friends
Dr. Cook's Performance
in Provo, Ut |
I Had to to have my Gallbladder removed and I was quit nervous as I had never had an invasive surgery before,I asked on a FaceBook group what surgeon people would recommend and Dr. Cook was the most recommended by the people. I am so glad I made my apt with him and his staff, They were all wonderful and made me feel at ease. His NP was super!! She was so helpful and listened to my concerns, answered all my questions and was in no hurry or rush at all which was so appreciated. Dr. Cook is amazing
in Orem, UT |
Dr. Craig Cook is a true professional, so knowledgeable and experienced, clearly! He excised a pilonidal cyst for me. Close to no pain post surgery, no complications, the wound is healing great. He paid great attention to me and my family, explaining the whole process, putting us all at ease and making us feel very safe and comfortable. I was impressed with his work, I feel very satisfied with how the surgery went!!! I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a surgeon.
in Orem, UT |
The entire experience was great with Dr. Cook. Very little pain after surgery, recovery was way better than I was expecting. I would recommend him without any reservation.
in Orem, Utah |
Dr. Cook and his staff were warm, friendly and very efficient. The office staff were amazing, the hospital experience was excellent. I could not have been more pleased.
in Springville, UT |
Dr. Cook is an excellent, knowledgeable doctor!! He has a great bedside manner and genuinely cares about his patients. I trust him to take care of my medical concerns. Thank you for being the best of the best!!
in Salem, UT |
Dr. Cook and his staff are awesome. They were great during my surgery and recovery while in the hospital. He visited me everyday to see how I was doing. He took the time to talk with me and wife to answer any questions and concerns we had. I would recommend Dr. Cook to anyone needing his expertise.
Provo, UT |
Dr. Cook and staff are the best. Always friendly with you. They take the time to listen to you. They help you understand what is going to happen.
in Springville, UT |
Dr. Cook has performed surgery on my wife and I several times and they have all been good experiences. They were all successful. He and his staff are very professional people and are enthusiastic about helping the patient get the best care possible.
in Orem, Utah |
I work know in the medical field and EVERYONE knows he is the best! Doctors want him for their patients! Nurses will tell you he is the best of any surgeon in Utah County! He is the nicest guy ever,! His NP Jory is amazing. You will not get any better surgeon than Cook.
in Pleasant Grove, UT |
Dr. Cook and his staff have been great during my surgery and recovery. In the hospital, Dr. Cook and/or his PA would visit me each morning to see how I was doing that day. They are responsive to my concerns when I call or go in for an appointment. I would definitely recommend Dr. Cook to anyone needing his skills.
in Lehi Utah |
He took care of my appendectomy smoothly and without any further issues. He also visited me personally early the next morning to see how I was doing. That meant a lot since I had just gone through a scary experience. Would highly recommend him
in Mapleton, UT |
Great office staff & great doctor!!
Orem, UT |
All staff members were patient and respectful. All my questions were thoroughly answered. This includes office visits as well as the surgical process.
in Mountain Green, UT |
I had a serious accident and felt I was given great care and advice. I was impressed that the nurses respected him and had great confidence in him.
Lehi, UT |
Dr Cook is wonderful! He took time to listen to my concerns and talked to me about what treatment he thought would be best. I would recommend him to anyone!
in Orem, UT |
I had a very positive experience with Dr. Cook. He was nothing but a professional and highly skilled.surgeon I would recommend him to anyone in need of a General Surgeon.
in Orem ut |
I have had a rough go I had 50+ stomach and lower prosedurs and almost bleed to death 7 times. Thanks to dr cook I'm in no pain and I'm only 3 weeks out of a billrothII THIS MAN SAVED MY LIFE.
in Provo, UT |
Dr. Cook is the best! He is my first choice for a surgeon and I tell everyone I know who is a general surgery candidate that he should be their first choice.
Dr Cook took time to listen and to evaluate what might be happening. He made suggestions of other treatments to try and test to have run to make sure he would be able to address the problem and not just symptoms He was understanding and patient . He treated us like person and not a number. He has a great staff. They are helpful and kind.
in Orem |
Dr. Cook is a dedicated and amazing surgeon and physician. I have had more than one surgery because of a recurring health issue. My quality of life is very good because of his exceptional care and expertise each time. I trust him. He also has a very competent and caring staff.
in Eagle Mountain, UT |
Peculiar stomach pain led to getting an ultrasound, revealing a large gallstone. With the prognosis being to remove the gallbladder, my wife — a retired nurse of 12 years — recommended Dr. Cook, having worked with him for years. She always appreciated his level of care and expertise. I did indeed experience a high level of care from Dr. Cook and team. The process was efficient and the recovery without issue, aside from the expected discomfort and pain post-op. #trust #confidence #professional
in Pleasant Grove, UT |
Very Friendly, Professional. At the top of his field. Very successful surgery.
in Alpine, UT |
Very professional and helpful from the beginning to after the surgery. Staff was helpful and Dr. Cook was very patient, kind and informative throughout the entire process.
in Spanish Fork, UT |
I have nothing but the BEST to say about Dr. Cook. He has literally saved my life more than once. He loves, He cares, He has exercised his God given talents to the max. As long as he is practicing, I'll go to nobody else. I love the staff as well. They are SO nice and professional.
in Orem, UT. |
My experience with Dr. Cook was terrific. Both he and his staff were attentive to my concerns, and helped me feel comfortable with the surgical decision that needed to be made in my behalf.
in Provo, UT |
I was very impressed with the knowledge and nice personalities of the whole staff at Doctor Cook's office! They made me feel very at ease and when I called with a question I got it answered right away!
in Provo Utah |
The best advice I received when looking for a general surgeon was to go to Dr. Cook. It was pretty unanimous from several friends in healthcare. Thanks to his office, Jordy and all the staff at Central Utah Surgery for an outstanding outcome.
Could not be better.
This review is long overdue. Dr. Cook is an amazing doctor. My son was super nervous to get some moles removed and Dr. Cook took the time to explain the procedure and be a friend. Even when my son got anxious about the needles just before surgery, he was very patient and kind. The surgery went as planned.Dr. Cook did a fantastic job on the surgery. I would definitely recommend Dr. Cook!
in Provo, UT |
My first surgical consult in Utah was with Dr Cook. From that moment forward everyone I come in contact with tells me how lucky I am. Dr Cook exudes genuine goodness. He does not talk down to you and listens intently. He has a great working relationship with his practitioners and that creates a positive experience from start to finish.
in Orem, Utah |
Dr Cook is friendly, haso great bed side manners and is the best surgeon I have ever had. He listens and is genuinely concerned for his patients.
in Orem, UT |
Everything went well. My questions were answered. The surgery went well and the pain management was good. I don't want to have another operation, but I would go back to Dr. Cook if one was needed.
in American Fork, UT |
I feel like Dr. Cook really wants to do what is right for the patient. I feel like he takes the time to listen and address my concerns. One evening when I was concerned about something post-surgery, he called me back within 10 minutes. I have total confidence in his opinion and instructions. I am very happy with the results of my last surgery. His finish work is excellent and rivals that of the best plastic surgeon. His office staff is great and friendly too.
in Pleasant Grove, UT |
Dr. Cook is as close to perfect as one can get. He is an amazing physician and even a more amazing person! He truly cares about and for each and every one of his patients. It is evident to everyone that knows him that he is a physician because he truly loves what he does and genuinely loves to help people. Thank you Dr. Cook
in Lehi, UT |
Dr. Cook and his NP's are the best in the business. I went in for triple hernia repair. The team addressed all my concerns without me feeling rushed and didn't make me feel like I was just another warm body through the door. Post surgery I have had significantly less pain than anticipated. The repair was more extensive than originally thought, but Dr. Cook corrected everything with expert precision and care. HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS TEAM!!!
in Orem, UT |
Dr. Cook was very accommodating and understanding. He was able to work me in to his very busy schedule to accommodate my window of opportunity.
in Sunnyside, Utah |
I'm a 60 year old male that made his wife go to Dr. with him. I had to get surgery before insurance ended. After meeting the nicest staff we met the Doctor and were instantly comfortable enough we were all laughing. Dr. Cook done my triple hernia surgery the next day and after a 110 mile trip home I was amazed how good I felt already. We tell everyone how lucky we were to have him do my surgery. This is one really good and really cool Dr. Mark M highly recommends Dr. Cook to everyone.
in Levan Utah |
NP Christy was the BEST!??
in Orem, UT |
Dr Cook did a fantastic job. He was ver professional, and both the surgery and recovery went far better than expected. I visited his office twice and never had to wait long. I also enjoyed that all pre-work and questionnaires were conducted ahead of time and online.
in Provo, UT |
He did great work repairing my hernias. I never had to wait around in his office. He was on schedule and ready for me at the time of my appointment.
in Orem, UT |
Dr. Cook is an excellent surgeon and I would highly recommend him to anyone having surgery in his field of expertise. He knows how to communicate with patients and will answer any questions asked. Overall great doctor and great guy!
Provo, UT |
He is knowledgeable and skilled. He is also efficient and personable, and his office staff and nurse practitioners are also. I would recommend Dr. Cook to anyone needing surgery or a consultation about possible surgery.
in Orem, UT |
Dr. Cook and his staff take the time to make sure you understand what is going on I never felt rushed or that if I asked a question that the time to make sure I understood the answer would be taken.
in Provo, UT |
Dr. Cook was very competent and caring. His assistants were exceptionally good at listening to my problems and answering my questions.
in American Fork, UT |
DR. Cook is one of the very best Doctors I have had. He is very skilled and has good "bedside manners" also!
in Provo, UT |
He is very caring and concerned with your health. He actually sits and listens to what you have to say, and doesn't discount anything you say. He is a wonderful doctor!!
in Orem, UT |
Dr. Cook was the surgeon on call when I had a complication occur from a previous surgery. I was afraid when I heard that I would have to have emergency surgery. When I met Dr. Cook and his Assistant, Jory, they were kind and compassionate and made me feel that everything was going to be fine. The staff in the ER and in my hospital room later told me that he is one of the best doctors around and that I was so fortunate. I am well now and so grateful for this competent caring doctor and assistant.
in Saratoga Springs, Utah |
Very Competent. Friendly. Straight to the point. Thorough. Does not order extra tests if problem is considered identified. No time wasted in office visits. Surgery was as easy as could be. Follow up and calls from office regarding welfare were done and made me feel important.
Cedar Hills, Utah |
Dr. Cook is an excellent doctor. He spends time talking with you to discuss and answer questions. He is very thorough. He is friendly and makes sure you are comfortable and understand all of the options available.
Provo, UT |
I highly recommend Dr. Cook to anyone looking for a caring and knowledgable surgeon. His office staff is kind and prompt with their followups and interaction with patients. Dr. Cook takes time with you to explain procedures and go over your recent test results.
Have you seen Dr. Craig Cook, MD?
Are you Dr. Cook?