Dr. Craig Chappell, DO

Dr. Craig Chappell, DO

Family Medicine  |

Is pain killing your passion? IN2IT Medical specializes in non-surgical solutions to treat pain with minimal down time and rapid recovery. Dancer- I was scheduled for a summer internship at Jacob's Pillow Dance when I injured my ankle. I was worried that this injury would jeopardize my ability to complete the internship of a lifetime. Following a regenerative injection to repair some damaged ligaments in my ankle, I was back dancing in time to participate at 100% in the internship. Gardener- The ache in my elbow started as a mild nuisance which I thought would eventually go away. Well, it didn't. It continued to increase until I could no longer grip a shovel due to pain. It was difficult not being able to do the things I loved. I was glad to find Dr. Chappell who helped describe all my treatment options that led to successful treatment of my elbow pain. I am now back to gardening without difficulty. Mom- During my second pregnancy I began to experience low back and hip pain that was making life difficult. I was having a hard time keeping up with my job and being a mom. Dr. Chappell treated me using gentle Osteopathic Manipulation, which greatly improved my pain. He also taught me several exercises which were helpful and keeping my pain at a minimum. Common conditions treated: Sprains and strains Ligament, tendon and muscle injuries Osteoarthritis and joint pain Back and neck pain TMJ Sacroiliac pain and instability Sciatica and nerve pain Pelvic pain and pain related to pregnancy I'm Dr. Craig Chappell, and I serve anyone suffering from acute or chronic pain that limits activity, utilizing advanced diagnostics to find, name and treat your pain generators with nonsurgical treatment options. Prior to moving home to Utah, I spent several years as team physician for Ohio University. I was also the medical director for the acclaimed SHAPe clinic, which specializes in the treatment of elite performing artists. Whatever it is that's slowing you down, my goal is to get you back IN2IT using evidence-based treatment options that have been proven to work. Please call for a consultation or check out our website, and reclaim your life!

In2it Medical

• USA Managed Care Organization
  • Wise Provider Networks

Learn about Dr. Chappell

Dr. Chappell's Experience

Dr. Chappell's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine
  • Board certified in Family Practice/OMT , Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine and Sports Medicine

This content was provided by Dr. Chappell "AS A PATIENT, IT IS EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING TO SEEK HELP JUST TO BE MISDIAGNOSED AND MISTREATED.

At In2it Medical, we are committed to always:

• Listen to you
  • Perform a good physical exam
  • Use state of the art technology

Dr. Chappell prides himself on listening and being able to precisely determine your main pain generator. After obtaining a diagnosis, Dr. Chappell will then share with you possible treatment options and allow you to guide the treatment process. Given the correct diagnosis, and with a little well-directed intention, healing can occur, pain will diminish, and function will improve.

Healing is intuitive. It's not something you think about. In most cases it's not even something you take time off work for. So why does it still hurt? Although healing is intuitive, in most cases, just like the original injury, it's unintentional. Common to popular belief, optimal healing requires intention! To achieve integrity or completeness, intentional treatment is a must.

This is what we call INTENTIONAL INTEGRITY."

• Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine

• Sacroiliac Pain Syndrome
  • Shoulder Pain
  • Sports Injuries
  • Wrist Pain

• Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment (OMT)
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Prolotherapy Injections
  • Stem Cell Therapy
  • Trigger Point Therapy
  • Ultrasound-Guided Injection

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

• University Of Utah
  • Lake Erie College Of Osteopathic Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2011
  • O'Bleness Memorial Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2010

Dr. Chappell has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Chappell does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Chappell and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Timpanogos Regional Hospital

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Patient Safety Excellence Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Chappell is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Chappell's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Chappell to family and friends
Dr. Chappell's Performance
Pleasant Grove, UT |
Very personable. Good communicator.
Mapleton, UT |
During my second pregnancy, my OB suggested I try going to Dr. Chappell for back pain. My first pregnancy I had gone to a couple different chiropractors and it didn't help. After the first visit with Dr Chappell, the pain was reduced, and after a few visits and doing the exercises they showed me, I had whole days without pain,and was sleeping SO much better. He not only has a method that works, but is also personable and easy to talk with.
in Saint Petersburg, FL |
Seriously great doc! I partially tore my LCL and had calcification from my IT band rubbing after a cycling accident 3yrs ago. Since then i was not able to run any sort of distance, bike, or weight train without pain. After seeing Dr. Chappell, he did a PRP treatment on my knee using ultrasound guidance. I was able to immediately walk, but after just 3 week it felt better than it had in 3 yrs! After 6 weeks, it feels like i have a brand new knee with full mobility and no pain! I can run distance
Lehi, UT |
I'm a runner and I came in with abdominal and groin pain. Instead of telling me to quit doing what I love, Dr. Chappell helped me work through it. He gave me an injection that worked like a charm. He listens, doesn't cut you off, wait time was good, all around great experience. Great doctor and great person.
Provo, UT |
After my MRI I had appointments with other Drs to get explanations of my problems and possible treatment methods. Those treatments and physical therapy sessions did not provide much in the way of relief. After meeting with Dr. Chappell, evaluating my testing and receiving treatment from Dr. Chappell; I was back on my feet with options for promising long term therapy.
in Orem, Utah |
Dr. Chappell is wonderful! He took time to listen to all my symptoms and concerns. Dr. Chappell was very thorough in assessing me and my complex condition and he had many ideas and options for treatment. I would recommend Dr. Chappell to everyone before jumping right to surgery. Even if surgery ends up being needed, Dr. Chappell can help you exhaust all your other options and help you feel confident in your decision. Dr. Chappell is so kind and great to work with!
New York, NY |
Great doc. He knows his stuff.
Awesome doctor! Friendly, nice, good sense of humor, great bedside manor. Also very good at what he does
Orem, UT |
He is the best Dr. ever. His expertise leaves me feeling completely confident with any suggestion he might recommend. He really takes the time to listen and is so knowledgable, it is so wonderful to actually trust my doctor. His ability to solve my problem thoughtfully and diligently has me willing to send any one I know to him. I'm so thankful for Dr. Chappell! He's helped several of my friend and family as well.
in Orem, UT |
I would recommend Dr. Chappell without hesitation. He took time to listen and presented me with all of my options and then let me decide which option was best for me. His staff was great to work with and best of all he fixed my pain. My only regret is I didn't find him sooner.
Have you seen Dr. Craig Chappell, DO?
Are you Dr. Chappell?