Dr. Craig Chang, MD

Dr. Craig Chang, MD

Bariatric Surgery  ·
Dr. Craig Chang, MD is a bariatric surgery specialist in Victoria, TX and has been practicing for 15 years. He graduated from University Of Kansas / School Of Medicine in 1993 and specializes in bariatric surgery and general surgery.Read his story

6502 Nursery Dr Ste 300

• CareOregon
  • CareSource
  • CHAMPVA

Learn about Dr. Chang

See how frequently Dr. Chang performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Obesity
Sleeve Gastrectomy
high
Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure

Dr. Chang's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Chang's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Chang "I attended the University of Kansas for college and medical school. I attended the University of Missouri at Kansas City for my surgery residency. After this, I paid back two years to the Army as a general surgeon (also doing WLS). My family and I then moved to Dallas where I performed a one-year fellowship at the University of Texas Southwestern (Parkland Hospital) specializing in laparoscopic surgery. I performed numerous operations and wrote multiple medical papers, including a chapter on laparoscopic surgery for one of the premier textbooks of surgery (Sabiston 17th edition). Since 2004, I have dedicated myself to provide quality, experienced surgical care to the people of South Texas including Victoria, Corpus Christi. I love to learn and I am still a student…I am constantly learning about my patients, surgery,and life in general. For me to effectively care for you, I have to study and learn about you — What motivates you? What fears do you have? How can I better encourage you? This translates to greater success."

This content was provided by Dr. Chang "Very simple...do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

• Bariatric Surgery

• Case report: Spontaneous liver rupture in acute steatohepatitis., 2002
  • Case report: Pit viper envenomation in pregnancy and literature review., 2006
  • APGARS-Acute Post-Gastric Reduction Surgery Neuropathy., 2004
  • Metabolic syndrome phenotype in very obese women., 2007
  • The use of insulin and dextrose during resuscitation from hemorrhagic shock increases hepatic ATP., 2000
  • Comparison of the Absorption of Calcium Carbonate and Calcium Citrate after Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass., 2009
  • Laparoscopic hepaticojejunostomy via PTFE-covered stent successfully achieves internal drainage of common bile duct obstruction., 2005
  • Abdominal wall neurofibroma presenting as an inguinal hernia., 2004
  • Gastro-clip gastroplasty: A very long-term complication., 2004
  • Gastric bypass—It pays to keep military hospitals busy., 2003
  • Weakness after gastric bypass., 2002
  • Case Reports—Resolution of Barrett’s Disease and Esophageal Epithelial Atypia after Gastric Bypass and LAP-BAND., 2009
  • Is routine cholecystectomy required during laparoscopic roux-en-Y gastric bypass?, 2004

Dr. Chang does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Chang and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Chang's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Chang

3.3

Dr. Chang?
Dr. Chang's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Craig Chang, MD
Years ago I would have said definitely 100 percent now i’d Say no. My last visit did not go well at all and I will not see him again.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Craig Chang, MD?
The receptionist will be highly vague with you in the beginning, she'll basically force you to pay Doctor Craig G Chang's office $25 for nothing in the beginning just to prove you are serious about committing to Doctor Craig G Chang's doctors, visits, basically they are planning on bleeding you for...Read More
Awesome!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Craig Chang, MD?
I am always treated professionally by Dr Chang and his staff. Dr Chang always spends the time with me to explain what he is going to do and what I need to do to recover. He has performed 4 surgical procedures on me and all have gone well. I am a happy camper.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Craig Chang, MD?
After visiting several Doctors, I chose to go with Dr. Chang because his vision of the person he saw in me was the person that was trying to come out and he made that happen. He has addressed every question and concern to my fullest understanding. His staff is amazing and very welcoming always...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Craig Chang, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Chang?