Dr. Craig Callewart, MD

Dr. Craig Callewart, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery | Male

C3 Spine 17051 Dallas Pkwy Ste 420 Addison, TX 75001 Get Directions

Craig Callewart, MD is an Orthopeadic spinal specialist who uses therapy, medications, injections, braces and surgery to treat painful conditions of the neck (cervical spine), upper back (thoracic spine) and lower back (lumbar spine). His practice includes adolescents & adults, and has practiced in Dallas for 25 years. Patients come to this practice because it is distinctly different than the way most medical care is being given today. Our phones are answered 24/7 by a human being, our clinic has one physician, and staff personally know the patients.

Dr. Callewart treats "failed spinal surgery syndrome" which happens when a former surgery does not heal properly. "Pinched nerves" can be caused by a "slipped/bulging/herniated disc" or by calcium deposits causing bone spurs on the nerve. In medical terms, this process of the disc joint going "bad" is known as "degeneration of the disc."

*** We accept most major insurance plans. Please check your plan's website for confirmation.

Dr. Craig Callewart, MD is an orthopedic spine surgery doctor who practices in Addison, TX. He is 56 years old and has been practicing for 31 years. Dr. Callewart is affiliated with Baylor University Medical Center at Dallas, Baylor Medical Center at Uptown and Methodist Hospital for Surgery.

Dr. Callewart's Experience

See how Dr. Callewart's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Callewart

Dr. Callewart accepts 11 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Callewart has admitting privileges.

Dr. Callewart's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Callewart to family and friends
3.9
Dr. Callewart's Performance
in Dallas, TX |
My visit to Dr Callewart was at the recommendation of a family member. Im a new mom and thus chalked my pain up to the task of mothering a rather fussy baby. In minutes, Dr Callewart noted my condition was far more urgent than I, as a provider myself, had realized. With great compassion and expertise he surgically corrected the problem, and I am on the road to a full recovery. I never felt like anything less than family here. Without this team, I'd be mothering my little girl from a wheelchair.
in Forney, TX |
Dr. Callewart and his team are wonderful. They truly care about the patient. Dr. Callewart is honest and straightforward in his treatment plan and follow-up. I would definitely recommend this provider!
in Plano, TX |
Dr. Callewart is hands down the BEST surgeon! He is extremely knowledgeable and informative. I had a 360 back surgery in December 2016, and everything went extremely well. I'm very pleased with my experience and I highly recommend him.
in Frisco,TX |
On Oct 10,2016 I had a cervical fusion. I felt immediate relief in the recovery room. Dr. Callewart & Joe Nagy, his PA are awesome. I highly recommend Dr. Callewart !
in Waxahachie, Texas |
Staff is amazing. Always smiling and genuinely concerned about patients. Dr. Callewart is no nonsense, upfront, and honest. He truly cares and takes the time to know his patients. Thorough exam EVERY visit. My daughter is now his patient. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend anyone to Dr. Callewart. He's changed my life for the better!
in Dallas, TX |
Caring considerate and smart- not overly eager to perform surgery unless truly indicated. Wonderful clinician
in Richardson, TX |
I have been a patient of Dr. Callewart's for almost 20 years. I have a complex back problem and Dr. Callewart has operated on me and has made it possible for me to lead a pretty normal life. Without his expertise i am afraid that I might of been in a wheelchair. I never have a problem getting an appointment and most of the time I don't have to wait to long in the waiting room. The doctor always has a very kind bedside manner. I wouldn't want any other Doctor to operate on me.
in Plano, TX |
Doc C is a caring and compassionate gentleman as well as being a world class spinal deformity surgeon. What seemed impossible to me, was very much possible to Doctors Callewart and Nagy. The staff is one step ahead of you, waiting time is very reasonable and the staff at both offices are fantastic and always greet you with a smile
in Comanche TX |
I've always felt he has tried many areas to alleviate my back and neck pain. Surgery is the last step. He and his PA have always been kind and caring to me and listened when I was having pain.
in Waco,Tx |
Dr Callawart is the best . He has operated on me twice and 5 different family members, Would not trust anyone else to work on my neck or back or that of my family.
Have you seen Dr. Craig Callewart, MD?
Are you Dr. Callewart?

Compare Dr. Callewart

}

Dr. Callewart's Care Philosophy

Dr. Callewart's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Callewart has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Callewart's Board Certifications

UCLA School Med

Completed in 1992

Texas A&M University / Main Campus

Graduated in 1982

Dr. Callewart does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Callewart and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery