Dr. Craig Callewart, MD

Dr. Craig Callewart, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery  |
Dr. Craig Callewart, MD is an orthopedic spine surgery doctor who practices in Addison, TX. He is 57 years old and has been practicing for 31 years.

17051 Dallas Pkwy Ste 420

Addison, TX 75001

• HealthSmart

Learn about Dr. Callewart

See how frequently Dr. Callewart performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Spinal Stenosis
Intervertebral Disc Disease
Scoliosis

Dr. Callewart's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Callewart "Craig Callewart, MD is an Orthopeadic spinal specialist who uses therapy, medications, injections, braces and surgery to treat painful conditions of the neck (cervical spine), upper back (thoracic spine) and lower back (lumbar spine). His practice includes adolescents & adults, and has practiced in Dallas for 25 years. Patients come to this practice because it is distinctly different than the way most medical care is being given today. Our phones are answered 24/7 by a human being, our clinic has one physician, and staff personally know the patients.

Dr. Callewart treats "failed spinal surgery syndrome" which happens when a former surgery does not heal properly. "Pinched nerves" can be caused by a "slipped/bulging/herniated disc" or by calcium deposits causing bone spurs on the nerve. In medical terms, this process of the disc joint going "bad" is known as "degeneration of the disc."

*** We accept most major insurance plans. Please check your plan's website for confirmation."

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Pinched Nerve
  • Sciatica
  • Shoulder Impingement Syndrome
  • Spina Bifida
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
  • Spine Dislocation

• Case Western Reserve University St Luke's Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1991
  • UCLA School Med
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1992

Dr. Callewart has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Callewart does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Callewart and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Callewart's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Callewart to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Callewart's Performance
Great bunch of people!
Dallas, TX |
Perfect no problems at all.
Excellent staff
in Dallas, TX |
Return patient very pleased with all assistance and treatment
in Frisco, TX |
Over 21 years with Dr. Callawart, 5 surgeries and physical therapy have completely restored my life to fully functional and active in all hobbies, work and kids activities. Highly recommend.
in Garland, TX |
I have had the best experience with Dr. Callewart, his PA Joe, and the entire office staff. Everyone there is kind and friendly and helpful. I recently had surgery with Dr. Callewart and I have been very impressed with my recovery. I would recommend his 10 times over.
Dallas, TX |
Dr. Callewart is by far the Best Surgeon in the DFW area. His entire staff was so helpful and Joe Nagy is such a great PA that takes time to interact with the patient as well. I would definitely recommend Dr. Callewart to family, friends, and anyone that needs a great Spine Surgeon.
in Spring town tx |
Dr callewart has made my life worth living. I choose my insurance based upon what he takes
in Dallas, TX |
I've had 2 separate surgeries by Dr Callewart. I would highly recommend his practice to anyone.
in Dallas, TX |
I would recommend Dr Callewart to any one with back problems! He and his staff are outstanding medical professionals with unmatched skills.
in Dallas, TX |
Trust Dr. C completely .. used him since 1995 for family spine care.. Would not have or use any other medical professional perform our spine surgeries. So we are blessed to know him and thank God for him.
in Dallas, TX |
He has been a wonderful Doctor and I appreciate all that he and his staff has done for me over the last two plus years.
Wholeistic
in Mesquite, TX |
Donna C I have been a patient of callewart for 4 years. I am very appreciative of his patience and diligence when trying to find out the source of my pain. He and joe both are compassionate and truly care about my health. I have had 3 surgeries with him; my latest being just three weeks ago. I will continue to use him!!
in Mesquite, TX |
Very knowledgeable doctor. I highly recommend.
in Ft Worth, TX |
Definitely would recommend Dr. Callewart and already have to friends who are experiencing back pain. A truly caring doctor who takes time with his patients, asks questions, and most importantly, listens.
in Forney, TX |
Dr. Callewart & Joe are awesome. I have complete trust in their care.
in Dallas, TX |
My visit to Dr Callewart was at the recommendation of a family member. Im a new mom and thus chalked my pain up to the task of mothering a rather fussy baby. In minutes, Dr Callewart noted my condition was far more urgent than I, as a provider myself, had realized. With great compassion and expertise he surgically corrected the problem, and I am on the road to a full recovery. I never felt like anything less than family here. Without this team, I'd be mothering my little girl from a wheelchair.
in Plano, TX |
Dr. Callewart is hands down the BEST surgeon! He is extremely knowledgeable and informative. I had a 360 back surgery in December 2016, and everything went extremely well. I'm very pleased with my experience and I highly recommend him.
in Frisco,TX |
On Oct 10,2016 I had a cervical fusion. I felt immediate relief in the recovery room. Dr. Callewart & Joe Nagy, his PA are awesome. I highly recommend Dr. Callewart !
in Dallas, TX |
Caring considerate and smart- not overly eager to perform surgery unless truly indicated. Wonderful clinician
in Richardson, TX |
I have been a patient of Dr. Callewart's for almost 20 years. I have a complex back problem and Dr. Callewart has operated on me and has made it possible for me to lead a pretty normal life. Without his expertise i am afraid that I might of been in a wheelchair. I never have a problem getting an appointment and most of the time I don't have to wait to long in the waiting room. The doctor always has a very kind bedside manner. I wouldn't want any other Doctor to operate on me.
in Plano, TX |
Doc C is a caring and compassionate gentleman as well as being a world class spinal deformity surgeon. What seemed impossible to me, was very much possible to Doctors Callewart and Nagy. The staff is one step ahead of you, waiting time is very reasonable and the staff at both offices are fantastic and always greet you with a smile
in Waco,Tx |
Dr Callawart is the best . He has operated on me twice and 5 different family members, Would not trust anyone else to work on my neck or back or that of my family.
Have you seen Dr. Craig Callewart, MD?
Are you Dr. Callewart?