Dr. Craig G. Burkhart, MD

Dr. Craig G. Burkhart, MD

Dermatology | Male

CRAIG G BURKHART MD INC 5600 Monroe St Ste 106B, Sylvania, OH 43560 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Burkhart specializes in Dermatology and practices in Sylvania, OH. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Burkhart? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Burkhart's Experience

97Experience
Match

See how Dr. Burkhart's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Burkhart

Dr. Burkhart accepts 23 insurance carriers

Dr. Burkhart's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Burkhart to family and friends
3.5
Experience with Dr. Burkhart
Dr. Burkhart's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (76)
Dr. Craig G. Burkhart, MD says

Dr. Burkhart responding to 8/2/16: Thank you for the 5-star review and the vote of confidence! In terms of skin removals, I try to make patients comfortable when I perform them. Also, I do simple removal when that is all that is necessary. Craig

Dr. Burkhart responding to 7/29/16: Thank you for the 5-star review. It is very important that patients know their diagnosis and understand their treatment. Because there are often contributing factors as well, I usually have informational sheets to outline the full treatment program. Thank you again.

Dr. Burkhart responding to 6/14/16: "thank you for your 5 star review. My office does schedule promptly, and for serious infections. I will make sure that improvement occurs as expected, with a return visit within a few days of starting therapy. Also, if you are in need of a different specialist my office will schedule that appointment for you while you are in my office. "

in holland, oh |
My name is Toni and I've been a patient of Dr. Burkhart for over 20 years, and from the time that I've walked through the door he will just look at the problem area and know what it is. there was this one time that I had this skin condition that I went to 3 different Doctors for and they just couldn't figure out what it was. One Doc took a guest and said that it was ringworm and that was far from the truth. All Dr. Burkhart had to do was just look at it for a second and he just know what it was.
Thank you for the 5-star review. I agree that I have been around dermatology for a while. I also am still editor of two journals and write extensively in the literature. I am always pleased when patients have diagnoses that have ready medical cures.
in Maumee, OH |
I had this rash on my face for months and it kept spreading. I went to the ER twice, and saw 2 different doctors at my doctors office and got different diagnoses every single time. First it was poison ivy, then an allergic reaction to something, then shingles. Kept getting worse so I made an appointment with Dr. Burkhart who diagnosed me with a fungal infection. Gave me two prescriptions and it cleared it right up after a week. Very matter of fact, efficient, and knows what he's doing!
Thank you for the 5-star review. My office is efficient. We get patients in within a week, and we do not have unnecessary return visits. We provide lots of information on our patients' problems and direct our attention to the skin problem and how best to treat it.
Toledo, OH |
Listens to my child very well, takes the time to properly care for her, very impressed with his knowledge! I have taken my daughter to many dermatologists in the area and regret not seeing him sooner!!!! My daughter is actually starting to take responsibility for her excema (she is 12) which is a huge help. Even her pediatrician notified an improvement in less than a month!
Thank you for your 5-star review. Eczema is a topic which I have written several articles on. My treatment involves changing habits as well as topical creams. I know many patients are living with a lot less itching by following my suggestions.
in Fremont, Ohio |
I have found Dr. Burkhart to be knowledgeable and proficient as well as able to treat his patients inflicting next to no pain or discomfort, as he removes the various abnormal skin problems that need treatment. My wife Pat also feels this same way. Gus Miller Helena Ohio.
in Sylvania, OH |
Dr. Burkhart diagnosed my skin condition and prescribed a mediation that gave me immediate relief. I trust his judgement completlty
in Toledo, OH |
I had a skin condition that kept resurfacing for a little over a year, all it took one visit with Dr. Burkhart to take care of the problem, and a follow up to make sure that I was on right track. The second time I saw Dr. Burkhart, was for a different skin condition urgent in nature, I was missed diagnosed by my PCP. I was able to be seen real fast due to promptness in response from the doctor and his staff. I was also helped scheduling the related eye doctor visit with same level of urgency.
in Toledo, OH |
Dr. Burkhart is very kind and very intelligent. He diagnosed my daughter's skin condition and got rid of the white spots that our general doctor had misdiagnosed. I trust him with all four of my children and highly recommend him.
in Sylvania, OH |
This Dr. is a clock watcher [boasts of 10 minutes patient]. I got 7. Never examined my skin but handed me 3 sheets to read of returned in 5 minutes & was off to the $105 in the next room. He returned & briefly reviewed the sheets which I had not finished reading. He insisted itching was an issue but I told he twice there was NO itching. Gave me 2 scripts which did NO good & told me to return in 2 weeks. Why would he want me to return if the there was improvement? Cash flow? That is his M.O.
Toledo, OH |
Terrible Doctor. Did not help with any of my issues, in fact he was in and out of the room and came back with a pamphlet as opposed to actually helping me. There are not enough words to express how awful he is as a doctor. Save yourself a wasted trip and find a different Doctor!
in Arlington OH |
Dr, Burkhart was very caring and took the time to listen and help me with my skin problem. He diagnosed it correctly right away and took care of it at the next appointment.
in Sylvania, OH |
After coming to see Dr Burkhart, and the results I received, I can only ask myself why I didn't call earlier. Being professional and to the point made it clear that I made the right decision to make the appointment to see him
Great experience, pleasant,kind careing
in Maumee, OH |
He is kind,gentle,and very informative. He answers all my questions
in Toledo, OH |
Dr. Burkhart is a very knowledgeable physician in his field.
in Sylvania, OH |
Dr. Burkhart is very professional. He treats a condition immediately without the need for many returning appointments.
in Toledo, OH |
Very pleasant. Very knowledgeable. Nice printed instructions for treatment. Compared to other dermatologists, he did not do a complete body skin exam - only the chief complaint area and that was very cursory. Still, it seems he knew what the main problem was. We'll wait to see if the condition resolves with prescribed treatment.
in New York, NY |
Well,some reprimands for using the correct color pen to fill out forms, when I was ready to pay my copay I was told check or cash only. Quite unusual in our world as I had neither like most of us. Got seven minutes with the doctor with an underwhelming feeling and results. I was surely boring everyone there and felt like I was intruding asking for a full body scan. Sad but true. Gary
Toledo, Ohio |
This doctor just might be the worst doctor I've ever beven to. Horrible bedside manner, rude, spent very little time with me. My skin was broken out everywhere and he seemed to care less. I recommend DO NOT SEE THIS GUY! Find someone else.
Findlay, OH |
He is the best Dermatologist around. My whole family drives from an hour away just to go to him!
in Toledo, OH |
I began as a new patient with Dr. Burkhart in 2015. He impressed me with his knowledge and experience as a long-time practitioner. His staff is kind and helpful. When I had a condition that required a follow-up procedure, Dr. Burkhart called me personally and explained everything over the phone to help put me at ease. I have been thoroughly satisfied with Dr. Burkhart's practice.
in Toledo, OH |
I have been going to Dr. Burghart for almost 20 years. He is professional, and always explains what he found, and what my options are. I have read that some patients don't like that he hands out information sheets (which are very thorough) on his diagnosis. I much prefer that to doctors who tell you what the problem is, and leave it to you to go to a medical dictionary or the internet and try to find the disease (which is always in Latin).
in Toledo, OH |
Because Dr Burkhart is knowledgeable and calm, I feel confident in what he suggests and does. We make decisions based on what he tells me and what he recommends. He's an excellent educator with a friendly face!
in Toledo, OH |
I had this rash on both legs and he prescribed the appropriate medications which has worked well. The doctor is very professional and no nonsense and strictly business. I would recommend the doctor to others. A patient should expect professional, direct and effective results.
in Perrysburg, OH |
Been seeing Dr. Burkhart for many years. Knowledgeable, compassionate, with ability to explain issues. One time the Doc found some cancer and referred me to a plastic surgen. The Dr. always involves me in any decisions.
in Toledo, OH |
I have been a patient of Dr. Burkhart's for 15 years and he is always very professional, kind and caring. He listens to your concerns and answers your questions in a way that you can understand. The staff is always very friendly and helpful.
in Toledo, OH |
Dr. Burkhart has been my dermatologist for many years. He is kind, compassionate and understanding. I recently found that my niece is one of his patients too and she thinks very highly of his extensive knowledge.
Have you seen Dr. Craig G. Burkhart, MD?

• Dermatology

Why It Matters: Dr. Burkhart's Board Certifications

• Dermatology

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Lice
  • Lichen Planus
  • Lipomas
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Molluscum Contagiosum Infection

• Destruction of Benign Skin Lesion
  • Destruction of Malignant Skin Lesion
  • Destruction of Penile Lesion
  • Shaving of Skin Lesion

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

Med Coll Of Ohio

Graduated in 1975

University of Michigan Hospitals
    University of Michigan Hospitals

Dr. Burkhart has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Burkhart does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Burkhart and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Burkhart's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Dermatology
  • Board certified in Dermatology
  • Malpractice claims in Ohio not available
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Burkhart

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Burkhart's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Burkhart

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Burkhart says...