Dr. Craig Burkhart, MD

Dr. Craig Burkhart, MD

Dermatology | Male

Dr. Craig Burkhart, MD is a dermatology doctor who practices in Sylvania, OH. He is 66 years old and has been practicing for 42 years.

Dr. Burkhart's Experience

See how Dr. Burkhart's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Burkhart

Dr. Burkhart accepts 23 insurance carriers

Dr. Burkhart's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Burkhart to family and friends
3.9
Dr. Burkhart Says:

Dr. Burkhart responding to 8/2/16: Thank you for the 5-star review and the vote of confidence! In terms of skin removals, I try to make patients comfortable when I perform them. Also, I do simple removal when that is all that is necessary. Craig

...

Dr. Burkhart's Performance
He helped my mom and I become more confident in our skin.
in Adrian, MI |
Dr. Burkhart is very proficient in his practice. He quickly diagnosed my conditions and recommended effective treatments. I have recommended him to family members and others and will continue to recommend him whenever there is an opportunity.
in Toledo, OH |
Dr. Burkhart listens to you. Gives great suggestions. Very professional. Would refer him to anyone.
in Toledo, OH |
I find Dr. Burkhart to be a very fine Doctor. He listens well. Makes me feel comfortable, and gets down to business with reassuring care.
Toledo, OH |
I have been seeing Dr. Burkhart for roughly 5 years. He is very knowledgeable and attentive. I have had minor procedures is office and he does them same day, no waiting or unnecessary visits. I also love the fact that I am not waiting very long to be seen. My kind of doctor: listens to my concerns, speaks about them, and takes action. I have taken both of my sons to him and referred friends also.
Thank you for the 5-star review. I appreciate that you mention I am attentive to patients needs and spend time talking about your problem. It is always my goal to try and take care of problems the same day they arise. Thank you for your referrals.
Toledo, OH |
Whenever I call the office I can get an appointment very quickly, staff is helpful and very congenial! Dr. Burkhart is very professional and very knowledgeable and takes time to explain treatment and options. He often refers to handouts that he gives you to take home and lets you know you can call his office if you have any questions. He also takes time to listen to you and answer questions. I've referred many friends to him and they always thank me for referring them! Great doctor!
Thank you for the 5-star review. I agree, my staff is wonderful and I'm so grateful for them. I appreciate your comments about my self-written handouts. I find it very helpful for my patients if I go over diagnosis, treatment of one's conditions, give them a handout, as well as state that they can call my office back if they have additional concerns or worries. I want all my patients to feel informed and educated on their diagnosis.
in Lambertville, MI |
This was a very good experience. Dr. Burkhart explained my skin conditions and took care of them the same day right in the office. I did not have to wait and the explanations were easily understood. I would definitely recommend Dr. Burkhart to family and friends. Very professional , this was my first visit .
Thank you for the 5 star review. Also, thank you for mentioning the promptness at which you were treated. For a biopsy or for most rashes, I can complete the needed surgery or skin evaluation in one visit. For a skin removal, I do have a one page informational sheet that I require being read first, ask if there are any additional concerns, and then I do it without unnecessary delay.
in Sylvania, OH |
I have had Dr. Burkhart as "my dermatologist" for many years and I can truthfully say that I strongly recommend him to others because of his no-nonsense approach to skin problems. I enjoy his appropriate "bed- side manner" and his friendly and efficient staff! The wait time is quite short. Cheers for this Doc! (and staff)
I thank you for your 5-star review. I do discuss one's skin diagnosis with patients. I usually have an informational sheet on the condition, if not, I write the correct spelling of the disease for patients. Often, I also allow time after my discussion, for patients to use their cell phone to further learn about their condition, to see if any further questions arise. I feel incredibly fortunate to be able to care for my patients.
in Toledo, OH |
Dr Burkhart explains your condition and provides written information to educate you. He is aware of the cost of prescriptions and tries to write for proven generic when possible.
in Holland, OH |
I have seen Dr. Burkhart for almost 20 yrs. now . Even thou my good neighbors are Dermatologist , of high standing in the community . I respect the straight forward no nonsense in the way Dr. Burkhart handles himself . I understand clearly what he is saying and he clearly describes to me what is going on . He's manner is not disrespectful by no means but his manner is direct to the point . This is why Dr. Burkhart will have my respect and loyalty . THANK YOU DR. BURKHART AND STAFF
in Sylvania, OH |
I was scared to go get my moles checked. I went to Dr. Craig Burkhart today. He was so kind and explained everything. It was soo easy. Dr. Burkhart is awesome.
in Perrysburg, OH |
He talks to you not down to you. Explains things clearly makes sure you understand your situation. Very pleasant man. Very relaxed atmosphere.
Thank you got the five-star review. I especially appreciate that you mentioned my communication skills. I truly enjoy relating with patients and discussing skin diseases with them. I love patient interaction.
in Toledo, OH |
Everything went smooth, great reaction to the treatment, couldn't be happier.
Thank you for the 5-star review. I appreciate your statement of a smooth operation. After I diagnose the problem, I take measures to make sure patients know the spelling of their condition with informational sheets, and I give them time to read it prior to outlining treatment. I am a stickler for details especially with therapies.
in Toledo, OH |
I have had a good experience at every appointment with Dr Burkhart. Office staff are always friendly and always have seen Dr Burkhart without a long wait. I trust him highly and highly recommend him to friends and family.
Thank you for the 5-star review. My office staff is excellent. We are a friendly bunch and respect people's time, and rarely is there a delay in being seen.
in Holland, OH |
Dr. Burkhart has correctly diagnosed conditions for both myself and my husband, that other doctors have not been able to recognize. The medications that he prescribed and the procedures that he has preformed have always been just what was needed. I so appreciate his extensive knowledge and his practical approach to treatment.
in Temperance, MI |
Great staff great DR. He knew what my skin problem was and addressed it right away. Would recommend him to everyone. Bill TEmperance MI.
Thank you for your 5-star review and for complimenting my staff. I do feel patients need the name of their diagnosis and reasoning behind the treatment plan I outline. Thank you for verifying my system works.
in Oak Harbor, OH |
On my first visit with Dr. Burkhart he diagnosed me with vitiligo. I asked how I got it. His answer enabled me to pin point the exact time and place this happened. A GREAT Dr. is knowledgeable and will impart that knowledge effectively to the patient. A HUGE THANK YOU Dr. BURKHART!!!. About 5 visits over 10+ years and I say confidently he is one of only two Dr.'s I know to be the best (the other a Chiropractor). He is a true professional. I recommend him to everyone needing a Dermatologist.
Thank you for the 5-star review. I always try to give the exact diagnosis to patients. As Confucius said, "The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their proper name." In medicine, this is very important. It can lead one to determining the how, why, and what about their condition. I definitely enjoy interacting with patients and helping them with their skin problems.
in Toledo, OH |
Very knowledgeable and kind office staff.
Thank you for your 5-star review. Also I appreciate you mentioning my staff. Most of my staff have been with me for a long time, one dating back to 1983. We all strive to be kind and attentive to patients' needs.
Sylvania, OH |
Dr.Burkhart is a very experienced Dr with great bedside manner, ability to explain information in simple terms, provide you with written pamphlets and more importantly actually cure you! My teenaged son suffered from very persistent warts on his both feet. Podiatrist unsuccessfully tried to cure them for a year! After the very first appointment with Dr. Burkhart, we saw 50% improvement, and in a few visits my sons warts were gone! Dr. Burkhart is trully a MIRACLE WORKER! I highly recommend him!
I thank you for your 5-star review. I think we all esteem to be excellent physicians, but I am humbled when a patient actually goes on record calling me a miracle worker.
in Toledo Ohio |
An awesome physian he educates his patients. Easy to talk with,he .make you feel you are extremely important. Both times I walked away feeling educated regarding my condition
I like the attention he pays to me when I tell him about a problem I'm having. The ease with the staff. The fact that he deals right then and there, with the problem, instead of having to come back to have it taken care of. His great knowledge of skin issues, just by taking a quick look at them.
Thank you for your 5-star review. I appreciate you recognizing my fine staff. I also agree that I try to take care of problems pronto. If you need a biopsy, I will take it on the first visit. If you need patch testing, I will do it the same day. If you have a condition that might require an oral antibiotic in addition to the topical agents given, I will give you that antibiotic on the first visit with the direction to initiate treatment with the oral drug in two weeks, if resolution is slow.
in Toledo, OH |
If you have an appointment with Dr. Burkhart you can be sure that you won’t wait long – it’s obvious that he and his staff value you and your time. Dr. Burkhart gets right to the point - he lets you know about your treatment options and answers all questions – from the patient and from mom:-) - with get detail. His staff is very friendly and helpful. We would highly recommend him.
Thank you for the 5-star review and also the compliments to my staff. My office knows patients like to be seen promptly when they call for appointments and additionally do not appreciate delays in waiting rooms. I strongly believe in providing patients a lot of information concerning their condition. I also like to explain all aspects of the treatment plan.
in Lambertville MI |
He tells the truth and give an honest straight answer about your issue. Very helpful
Thank you for your 5-star review. I make sure all patients know the diagnosis of their condition, including the spelling of the entity, so that they can Google it as well. I relay information that is consistent with the major textbooks, and when I don't, I often state that I have written on the topic, and provide them reasons why my treatment differs from what they might find on the Internet. Truthfulness is important in my practice, and I am pleased that you mentioned it in your rating.
in Toledo, OH |
Dr. Burkhart is wonderful, prompt, and caring. His staff is outstanding.
in Perrysburg, OH |
Dr. Burkhart always offers detail information about diagnosis and alternate treatments. Office staff is very helpful, pleasant, courteous and kind. I would not hesitate in recommending this provider to anyone.
Thank you for the 5-star review and your recommendation to potential patients. I do spend time and effort with my informational sheets, discussion, and sometimes also going through the Internet while in the office, to insure patients understand the diagnosis and standard treatments. If there is no ideal treatment, I will present the patient with several options.
in Ida mi |
Showed concern, addressed problems.
Thank you for the 5-star review. I thank you for the comment about showing concern, because I do care about my patients' skin problems and making sure they are aware of what to expect of treatment and sequelae from their condition. I also spend a considerable effort in making sure that they understand their condition and their treatment, and that they can spell the dermatological terminology. As even Confucius said, "the beginning of wisdom is to call things by their proper name."
in Toledo, OH |
I have had several visits with Dr. Burkhart and was extremely satisfied by the results of my visits. I really appreciated his sense of humor and how thorough he was. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing dermatology services.
I thank you for your 5-star review. I very much like treating patients and am pleased when they are happy with their results. I am flattered someone likes my sense of humor as well and appreciate your recommendations to others.
in Toledo, OH |
I have had two very positive appointments with Dr. Burkhart and his staff. The staff is very pleasant and friendly. They make nice to be there. Dr Burkhart was very knowledgeable. In both the biopsies I had done Dr Burkhart told me what both of them were by looking at them. And later when we got the results back they confirmed the doctors diagnosis. At my second appointment again the doctor diagnosed me with no problem. I will recommend Dr. Burkhart to both friends and family. And I will return!
Thank you for the 5-star review. Patient information is very important in my practice. I make sure that they know the diagnosis including exact spelling and relevant knowledge on topic. My staff is also very competent in their role in addressing any billing inquiries.
in Toledo, oh |
Our family became infested with a rash which no doctor was able to diagnose. ER visits, doc visits, it wasn't until we went and seen Dr. Burkhart was he able to diagnose and treat us. We seen numerous doctors and only one triumphed. THANK YOU DOC YOUR THE BEST!!!
Thank you for the 5-star review. With contagious diseases, I do take the extra effort to make sure the entire nucleus family is treated. I do try to give my best to all patients. -Craig
in holland, oh |
My name is Toni and I've been a patient of Dr. Burkhart for over 20 years, and from the time that I've walked through the door he will just look at the problem area and know what it is. there was this one time that I had this skin condition that I went to 3 different Doctors for and they just couldn't figure out what it was. One Doc took a guest and said that it was ringworm and that was far from the truth. All Dr. Burkhart had to do was just look at it for a second and he just know what it was.
Thank you for the 5-star review. I agree that I have been around dermatology for a while. I also am still editor of two journals and write extensively in the literature. I am always pleased when patients have diagnoses that have ready medical cures.
in Maumee, OH |
I had this rash on my face for months and it kept spreading. I went to the ER twice, and saw 2 different doctors at my doctors office and got different diagnoses every single time. First it was poison ivy, then an allergic reaction to something, then shingles. Kept getting worse so I made an appointment with Dr. Burkhart who diagnosed me with a fungal infection. Gave me two prescriptions and it cleared it right up after a week. Very matter of fact, efficient, and knows what he's doing!
Thank you for the 5-star review. My office is efficient. We get patients in within a week, and we do not have unnecessary return visits. We provide lots of information on our patients' problems and direct our attention to the skin problem and how best to treat it.
Toledo, OH |
Listens to my child very well, takes the time to properly care for her, very impressed with his knowledge! I have taken my daughter to many dermatologists in the area and regret not seeing him sooner!!!! My daughter is actually starting to take responsibility for her excema (she is 12) which is a huge help. Even her pediatrician notified an improvement in less than a month!
Thank you for your 5-star review. Eczema is a topic which I have written several articles on. My treatment involves changing habits as well as topical creams. I know many patients are living with a lot less itching by following my suggestions.
in Fremont, Ohio |
I have found Dr. Burkhart to be knowledgeable and proficient as well as able to treat his patients inflicting next to no pain or discomfort, as he removes the various abnormal skin problems that need treatment. My wife Pat also feels this same way. Gus Miller Helena Ohio.
in Sylvania, OH |
Dr. Burkhart diagnosed my skin condition and prescribed a mediation that gave me immediate relief. I trust his judgement completlty
in Toledo, OH |
I had a skin condition that kept resurfacing for a little over a year, all it took one visit with Dr. Burkhart to take care of the problem, and a follow up to make sure that I was on right track. The second time I saw Dr. Burkhart, was for a different skin condition urgent in nature, I was missed diagnosed by my PCP. I was able to be seen real fast due to promptness in response from the doctor and his staff. I was also helped scheduling the related eye doctor visit with same level of urgency.
in Toledo, OH |
Dr. Burkhart is very kind and very intelligent. He diagnosed my daughter's skin condition and got rid of the white spots that our general doctor had misdiagnosed. I trust him with all four of my children and highly recommend him.
in Sylvania, OH |
This Dr. is a clock watcher [boasts of 10 minutes patient]. I got 7. Never examined my skin but handed me 3 sheets to read of returned in 5 minutes & was off to the $105 in the next room. He returned & briefly reviewed the sheets which I had not finished reading. He insisted itching was an issue but I told he twice there was NO itching. Gave me 2 scripts which did NO good & told me to return in 2 weeks. Why would he want me to return if the there was improvement? Cash flow? That is his M.O.
Toledo, OH |
Terrible Doctor. Did not help with any of my issues, in fact he was in and out of the room and came back with a pamphlet as opposed to actually helping me. There are not enough words to express how awful he is as a doctor. Save yourself a wasted trip and find a different Doctor!
in Arlington OH |
Dr, Burkhart was very caring and took the time to listen and help me with my skin problem. He diagnosed it correctly right away and took care of it at the next appointment.
in Sylvania, OH |
After coming to see Dr Burkhart, and the results I received, I can only ask myself why I didn't call earlier. Being professional and to the point made it clear that I made the right decision to make the appointment to see him
Great experience, pleasant,kind careing
in Maumee, OH |
He is kind,gentle,and very informative. He answers all my questions
in Toledo, OH |
Dr. Burkhart is a very knowledgeable physician in his field.
in Sylvania, OH |
Dr. Burkhart is very professional. He treats a condition immediately without the need for many returning appointments.
in Toledo, OH |
Very pleasant. Very knowledgeable. Nice printed instructions for treatment. Compared to other dermatologists, he did not do a complete body skin exam - only the chief complaint area and that was very cursory. Still, it seems he knew what the main problem was. We'll wait to see if the condition resolves with prescribed treatment.
in New York, NY |
Well,some reprimands for using the correct color pen to fill out forms, when I was ready to pay my copay I was told check or cash only. Quite unusual in our world as I had neither like most of us. Got seven minutes with the doctor with an underwhelming feeling and results. I was surely boring everyone there and felt like I was intruding asking for a full body scan. Sad but true. Gary
Toledo, Ohio |
This doctor just might be the worst doctor I've ever beven to. Horrible bedside manner, rude, spent very little time with me. My skin was broken out everywhere and he seemed to care less. I recommend DO NOT SEE THIS GUY! Find someone else.
Findlay, OH |
He is the best Dermatologist around. My whole family drives from an hour away just to go to him!
in Toledo, OH |
I began as a new patient with Dr. Burkhart in 2015. He impressed me with his knowledge and experience as a long-time practitioner. His staff is kind and helpful. When I had a condition that required a follow-up procedure, Dr. Burkhart called me personally and explained everything over the phone to help put me at ease. I have been thoroughly satisfied with Dr. Burkhart's practice.
in Toledo, OH |
I have been going to Dr. Burghart for almost 20 years. He is professional, and always explains what he found, and what my options are. I have read that some patients don't like that he hands out information sheets (which are very thorough) on his diagnosis. I much prefer that to doctors who tell you what the problem is, and leave it to you to go to a medical dictionary or the internet and try to find the disease (which is always in Latin).
Have you seen Dr. Craig Burkhart, MD?

Compare Dr. Burkhart

Dr. Burkhart says...

Dr. Burkhart responding to 7/29/16: Thank you for the 5-star review. It is very important that patients know their diagnosis and understand their treatment. Because there are often contributing factors as well, I usually have informational sheets to outline the full treatment program. Thank you again.

Dr. Burkhart responding to 6/14/16: "thank you for your 5 star review. My office does schedule promptly, and for serious infections. I will make sure that improvement occurs as expected, with a return visit within a few days of starting therapy. Also, if you are in need of a different specialist my office will schedule that appointment for you while you are in my office. "

Dr. Burkhart's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Dermatology
  •  Board certified in Dermatology
  •  Malpractice claims in Ohio not available

Dr. Burkhart has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

Why It Matters: Dr. Burkhart's Board Certifications

• Dermatology

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Lice
  • Lichen Planus
  • Lipomas
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Molluscum Contagiosum Infection

Med Coll Of Ohio

Graduated in 1975

University of Michigan Hospitals
    University of Michigan Hospitals

Dr. Burkhart does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Burkhart and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Dermatology