Dr. Craig T. Arntz, MD

Dr. Craig T. Arntz, MD

Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery | Male | 61 years old

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Arntz specializes in Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery and practices in Renton, WA. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Arntz? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Arntz's Experience

See how Dr. Arntz's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Arntz

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Arntz has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Arntz's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Arntz to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Arntz
Dr. Arntz's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (82)
in Renton, WA |
Dr, Arntz is caring, congenial, has excellent bedside manner & very knowledgeable. Explained the procedure in terms I could understand. I am very pleased with my experience with Dr. Arntz. I would recommend him highly.
in Black Diamond,Wa |
I had rt shoulder replaced on Feb 25 2016 at Valley Medical Center. Only spend one night in hospital and at that time very little pain. Had to wear shoulder sling for some time and when I ran into people they would always say they had same operation and knew the pain I was in. However from the time released from hospital until today, I have minimal pain. I have been doing therapy at home 5 times a day for the last 6 months and at this time have regained full use and range in the shoulder.
in Tukwila, Washington |
Over 20 years ago he did carpal tunnel surgery on both my hands; a few years later he 'rebuilt' my left thumb....so when I was having very painful right shoulder issues, I contacted.Dr. Arntz!! He found I had an old injury that had torn the rotor cuff & it was not repairable BUT he said instead he would do a reverse total shoulder joint replacement...okay...so it was not a 'fun' recovery but I knew he did excellent work on my shoulder. Physical therapy is a must. Have no pain & am mobile!!
in Bemidji, MN |
I am pleased to provide this testimonial for Dr. Arntz. I have never met such a patient-centered, kind, and caring surgeon. He is extremely knowledgeable and skilled. My rotator cuff repair was fairly difficult, but Dr. Arntz put everything back together perfectly! It is wonderful to have my left shoulder functioning again without the constant pain that I was feeling before surgery.
Sealltle |
I had best best care by a Dr with Dr Arntz. He explained everything that would be happening and how my recovery would go.
in Port Ludlow, WA |
I was recommended to Dr. Arntz by my daughter, Shelly, who is an RN and a PA-C, she said he was the best and she was right. I have had two Arthroscopic and Open Rotator Cuff Repair, Biceps Tenodesis and Debridement of my Right Shoulder in February 2015, and the Left Shoulder in September 2015 for Bilateral Occupational Rotator Cuff Ruptures. It has taken 6 months to completely heal the Right Shoulder before I had the Left Shoulder repair, still healing a bit, but I am able to sleep at night.
Renton, WA |
Dr. Arntz gave me back use of my L shoulder.I was in a lot of pain until he did total shoulder replacement.I just went for for one year follow up visit and he couldn't be more pleased with the results.I followed his PT exercises he gave me after surgery and did them diligently 3X day,even though I was tired and it hurt at first.I did not have to go to outside PT just followed Doctors exercises at home......it all worked !! I have utmost faith in Dr.Arntz and have recommended him to a friend.
in Maple Valley, WA |
Excellent surgical history over more than 15 years. Dr. Arntz has a pleasant manner and cares deeply about his patients. You are not just a number!
in Maple Valley, WA |
Following a prior left shoulder repair my PCP referred me to Dr. Arntz for continued discomfort. He recommended a shoulder replacement and in no time I was out of the hospital and within 3 months back to everyday activities including the gym, with some restrictions of course in left shoulder. He is patient, kind, compassionate and an excellent surgeon. His staff is also polite and most helpful. I highly recommend him as he is the best!
in Bellingham, WA |
I went to Dr. Arnst for a torn rotator cuff in my right arm. Dr. Arntz looked over the x-rays and MRI scan and determined that I did have a very bad tear and explained the entire surgical and recovery times and along with the good and the bad. He was able to put my mind at ease and had the surgery less than two weeks later. 6 months later I am back to normal with full function in my right arm! Dr. Arntz in my opinion is a very, very talented doctor in his field.
in Renton, WA |
Wow I cant say enough about my experience with Dr Arntz and his staff. He was so very caring and positive! I went through total shoulder replacement surgery with ease. Had the surgery in September and total motion and strength back in December. The PT he suggested at home works if you do what your told. Thanks Dr Arntz you gave me my arm back!
Have you seen Dr. Craig T. Arntz, MD?
Are you Dr. Arntz?

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.

• Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery

• Rotator Cuff and Labral Repair
  • Rotator Cuff Surgery
  • Shoulder Replacement
  • Shoulder Resurfacing

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Washington.

Graduated in 1981

• Other Education
    Hand Surgery Fellowship

Shoulder Fellowship

Completed in 1989

Dr. Arntz has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Arntz has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Arntz does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Arntz and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Arntz's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery
  • No board certification on record with Healthgrades
  • Malpractice claims in Washington not available

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Arntz

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Arntz's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Arntz

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients