Dr. Craig Arntz, MD

Dr. Craig Arntz, MD

Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery  |
Dr. Craig Arntz, MD is an orthopedic shoulder & elbow surgery doctor who practices in Renton, WA. He is 62 years old and has been practicing for 36 years. Read his story

4011 Talbot Rd S Ste 300

Renton, WA 98055

• AARP
  • Ambetter
  • Asuris Northwest Health
  • Bureau of Workers' Compensation (BWC)
  • First Choice Health
  • Group Health Cooperative

Learn about Dr. Arntz

See how frequently Dr. Arntz performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Osteoarthritis of Shoulder
Shoulder Disorders
Rotator Cuff Tear

Dr. Arntz's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Arntz's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Arntz "Dr. Craig Arntz is a board certified orthopedic shoulder specialist with 20 years of experience treating problems that often require shoulder surgery, including rotator cuff tears, instability, fractures and shoulder arthritis. Dr. Arntz has advanced training in shoulder surgery with extensive experience in treating the most complex shoulder disorders. Additionally, Dr Arntz is a board-certified hand surgeon. Recognized in the Seattle and Renton community as a shoulder and upper extremity specialist, Dr. Arntz is proud to have had thousands of physician and patient referrals. A Seattle native, Dr. Arntz has co-authored several articles and book chapters about rotator cuff repair and shoulder arthritis reconstruction. Dr. Arntz has particular interest in arthroscopic shoulder repair, rotator cuff surgery and shoulder replacement surgery, including reverse shoulder replacement. Dr. Arntz uses advanced techniques to restore his patients' shoulder and hand comfort and function as quickly and safely as possible. He practices at Proliance Orthopedic Associates' Renton clinic. Outside of medicine, "Top Doc" Dr. Arntz enjoys spending time with his family. He also enjoys snow and water skiing, boating, biking, and travel. "

• Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery

• Rotator Cuff and Labral Repair
  • Shoulder Replacement
  • Shoulder Resurfacing
  • Synovial Biopsy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Washington.

• Seattle University
  • Hand Surgery Fellowship
    Other Education | Completed 1989
  • Shoulder Fellowship
    Other Education | Completed 1989

Dr. Arntz has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Arntz does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Arntz and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Arntz's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Arntz to family and friends
Dr. Arntz's Performance
Seattle, WA |
I would recommend Dr. Arntz to anyone who has to have Rotator Cuff Repair Surgery. This is a difficult surgery to recover from but Dr Arntz and his staff are there for you through the long road of recovery. He takes his time and answers all your questions, he really cares about you and your recovery. If your looking for a great surgeon, I recommend Dr Arntz.
Seattle, WA |
Dr Arntz was Great! This was one of the hardest surgeries I've ever had ( rotator cuff repair) and the recovery was very difficult but Dr Arntz and his staff was there for me the whole way. He took his time answering all my questions and was very patient with we through my healing process. One of the best Dr's I've ever had and I would recommend him to everyone facing this difficult surgery.
in Covington, WA |
Dr. Arntz is knowledgable and skilled at his craft.He obviously cares about me and takes the time to make sure I understand my situation.
Renton, WA |
I enjoyed Dr. Arntz and his knowledge of my injury. He walked me through my options that ultimately lead me to surgery. His ability to put the body back together is awesome. After following the suggested routine of recovery, I am back to my old self again.
in Shelton, WA |
I cannot speak highly enough about Dr. Arntz. I am a 75 year old woman and heard several people say that I was too old for this surgery. WRONG! From my first meeting with Dr. Arntz to discuss my debilitating shoulder pain, he accurately diagnosed me with a completely torn supraspinatus tendon which was confirmed by MRI. I proceeded with the surgery in Proliance outpatient center and, while the discomfort was intense for several weeks, the results 3 months later are rewarding and no more pain.
Puyallup, WA |
Very upbeat and confident. Surgery went well, recovery was as advertised. Takes time to listen, not in a hurry to get out the door.
in Black Diamond |
I had my rt shoulder replaced 1 yr ago and from the first day until today have not had any problems nor did I endur any pain. Today I have regained total range of motion and absolutely no pain. I'm very happy with the results Dr. Arntz gave me with the shoulder replacement.
in Okanogan, WA |
Excellent doctor to patient connection, giving the patient a clear picture of the what to expect from the first visit through the surgery, and recovery. Giving you a feeling of a great support staff to help you make your goal for a complete recovery.
in Renton, WA |
Dr, Arntz is caring, congenial, has excellent bedside manner & very knowledgeable. Explained the procedure in terms I could understand. I am very pleased with my experience with Dr. Arntz. I would recommend him highly.
in Tukwila, Washington |
Over 20 years ago he did carpal tunnel surgery on both my hands; a few years later he 'rebuilt' my left thumb....so when I was having very painful right shoulder issues, I contacted.Dr. Arntz!! He found I had an old injury that had torn the rotor cuff & it was not repairable BUT he said instead he would do a reverse total shoulder joint replacement...okay...so it was not a 'fun' recovery but I knew he did excellent work on my shoulder. Physical therapy is a must. Have no pain & am mobile!!
in Bemidji, MN |
I am pleased to provide this testimonial for Dr. Arntz. I have never met such a patient-centered, kind, and caring surgeon. He is extremely knowledgeable and skilled. My rotator cuff repair was fairly difficult, but Dr. Arntz put everything back together perfectly! It is wonderful to have my left shoulder functioning again without the constant pain that I was feeling before surgery.
Sealltle |
I had best best care by a Dr with Dr Arntz. He explained everything that would be happening and how my recovery would go.
in Port Ludlow, WA |
I was recommended to Dr. Arntz by my daughter, Shelly, who is an RN and a PA-C, she said he was the best and she was right. I have had two Arthroscopic and Open Rotator Cuff Repair, Biceps Tenodesis and Debridement of my Right Shoulder in February 2015, and the Left Shoulder in September 2015 for Bilateral Occupational Rotator Cuff Ruptures. It has taken 6 months to completely heal the Right Shoulder before I had the Left Shoulder repair, still healing a bit, but I am able to sleep at night.
Renton, WA |
Dr. Arntz gave me back use of my L shoulder.I was in a lot of pain until he did total shoulder replacement.I just went for for one year follow up visit and he couldn't be more pleased with the results.I followed his PT exercises he gave me after surgery and did them diligently 3X day,even though I was tired and it hurt at first.I did not have to go to outside PT just followed Doctors exercises at home......it all worked !! I have utmost faith in Dr.Arntz and have recommended him to a friend.
in Maple Valley, WA |
Excellent surgical history over more than 15 years. Dr. Arntz has a pleasant manner and cares deeply about his patients. You are not just a number!
in Maple Valley, WA |
Following a prior left shoulder repair my PCP referred me to Dr. Arntz for continued discomfort. He recommended a shoulder replacement and in no time I was out of the hospital and within 3 months back to everyday activities including the gym, with some restrictions of course in left shoulder. He is patient, kind, compassionate and an excellent surgeon. His staff is also polite and most helpful. I highly recommend him as he is the best!
in Bellingham, WA |
I went to Dr. Arnst for a torn rotator cuff in my right arm. Dr. Arntz looked over the x-rays and MRI scan and determined that I did have a very bad tear and explained the entire surgical and recovery times and along with the good and the bad. He was able to put my mind at ease and had the surgery less than two weeks later. 6 months later I am back to normal with full function in my right arm! Dr. Arntz in my opinion is a very, very talented doctor in his field.
in Renton, WA |
Wow I cant say enough about my experience with Dr Arntz and his staff. He was so very caring and positive! I went through total shoulder replacement surgery with ease. Had the surgery in September and total motion and strength back in December. The PT he suggested at home works if you do what your told. Thanks Dr Arntz you gave me my arm back!
Have you seen Dr. Craig Arntz, MD?
Are you Dr. Arntz?

Aetna Aexcel
    Aetna PPO
  • Ambetter
  • Asuris Northwest Health
  • Bureau of Workers' Compensation (BWC)
    Worker's Compensation WC