Dr. Craig Arntz, MD

Dr. Craig Arntz, MD

Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery | Male

Dr. Craig Arntz is a board certified orthopedic shoulder specialist with 20 years of experience treating problems that often require shoulder surgery, including rotator cuff tears, instability, fractures and shoulder arthritis. Dr. Arntz has advanced training in shoulder surgery with extensive experience in treating the most complex shoulder disorders. Additionally, Dr Arntz is a board-certified hand surgeon. Recognized in the Seattle and Renton community as a shoulder and upper extremity specialist, Dr. Arntz is proud to have had thousands of physician and patient referrals. A Seattle native, Dr. Arntz has co-authored several articles and book chapters about rotator cuff repair and shoulder arthritis reconstruction. Dr. Arntz has particular interest in arthroscopic shoulder repair, rotator cuff surgery and shoulder replacement surgery, including reverse shoulder replacement. Dr. Arntz uses advanced techniques to restore his patients' shoulder and hand comfort and function as quickly and safely as possible. He practices at Proliance Orthopedic Associates' Renton clinic. Outside of medicine, "Top Doc" Dr. Arntz enjoys spending time with his family. He also enjoys snow and water skiing, boating, biking, and travel.

Dr. Arntz's Experience

See how Dr. Arntz's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Arntz

Dr. Arntz accepts 21 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Arntz has admitting privileges.

Dr. Arntz's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Arntz to family and friends
    Dr. Arntz's Performance
    in Covington, WA |
    Dr. Arntz is knowledgable and skilled at his craft.He obviously cares about me and takes the time to make sure I understand my situation.
    Renton, WA |
    I enjoyed Dr. Arntz and his knowledge of my injury. He walked me through my options that ultimately lead me to surgery. His ability to put the body back together is awesome. After following the suggested routine of recovery, I am back to my old self again.
    in Shelton, WA |
    I cannot speak highly enough about Dr. Arntz. I am a 75 year old woman and heard several people say that I was too old for this surgery. WRONG! From my first meeting with Dr. Arntz to discuss my debilitating shoulder pain, he accurately diagnosed me with a completely torn supraspinatus tendon which was confirmed by MRI. I proceeded with the surgery in Proliance outpatient center and, while the discomfort was intense for several weeks, the results 3 months later are rewarding and no more pain.
    Puyallup, WA |
    Very upbeat and confident. Surgery went well, recovery was as advertised. Takes time to listen, not in a hurry to get out the door.
    in Black Diamond |
    I had my rt shoulder replaced 1 yr ago and from the first day until today have not had any problems nor did I endur any pain. Today I have regained total range of motion and absolutely no pain. I'm very happy with the results Dr. Arntz gave me with the shoulder replacement.
    in Okanogan, WA |
    Excellent doctor to patient connection, giving the patient a clear picture of the what to expect from the first visit through the surgery, and recovery. Giving you a feeling of a great support staff to help you make your goal for a complete recovery.
    in Renton, WA |
    Dr, Arntz is caring, congenial, has excellent bedside manner & very knowledgeable. Explained the procedure in terms I could understand. I am very pleased with my experience with Dr. Arntz. I would recommend him highly.
    in Tukwila, Washington |
    Over 20 years ago he did carpal tunnel surgery on both my hands; a few years later he 'rebuilt' my left thumb....so when I was having very painful right shoulder issues, I contacted.Dr. Arntz!! He found I had an old injury that had torn the rotor cuff & it was not repairable BUT he said instead he would do a reverse total shoulder joint replacement...okay...so it was not a 'fun' recovery but I knew he did excellent work on my shoulder. Physical therapy is a must. Have no pain & am mobile!!
    in Bemidji, MN |
    I am pleased to provide this testimonial for Dr. Arntz. I have never met such a patient-centered, kind, and caring surgeon. He is extremely knowledgeable and skilled. My rotator cuff repair was fairly difficult, but Dr. Arntz put everything back together perfectly! It is wonderful to have my left shoulder functioning again without the constant pain that I was feeling before surgery.
    Sealltle |
    I had best best care by a Dr with Dr Arntz. He explained everything that would be happening and how my recovery would go.
    in Port Ludlow, WA |
    I was recommended to Dr. Arntz by my daughter, Shelly, who is an RN and a PA-C, she said he was the best and she was right. I have had two Arthroscopic and Open Rotator Cuff Repair, Biceps Tenodesis and Debridement of my Right Shoulder in February 2015, and the Left Shoulder in September 2015 for Bilateral Occupational Rotator Cuff Ruptures. It has taken 6 months to completely heal the Right Shoulder before I had the Left Shoulder repair, still healing a bit, but I am able to sleep at night.
    Renton, WA |
    Dr. Arntz gave me back use of my L shoulder.I was in a lot of pain until he did total shoulder replacement.I just went for for one year follow up visit and he couldn't be more pleased with the results.I followed his PT exercises he gave me after surgery and did them diligently 3X day,even though I was tired and it hurt at first.I did not have to go to outside PT just followed Doctors exercises at home......it all worked !! I have utmost faith in Dr.Arntz and have recommended him to a friend.
    in Maple Valley, WA |
    Excellent surgical history over more than 15 years. Dr. Arntz has a pleasant manner and cares deeply about his patients. You are not just a number!
    in Maple Valley, WA |
    Following a prior left shoulder repair my PCP referred me to Dr. Arntz for continued discomfort. He recommended a shoulder replacement and in no time I was out of the hospital and within 3 months back to everyday activities including the gym, with some restrictions of course in left shoulder. He is patient, kind, compassionate and an excellent surgeon. His staff is also polite and most helpful. I highly recommend him as he is the best!
    in Bellingham, WA |
    I went to Dr. Arnst for a torn rotator cuff in my right arm. Dr. Arntz looked over the x-rays and MRI scan and determined that I did have a very bad tear and explained the entire surgical and recovery times and along with the good and the bad. He was able to put my mind at ease and had the surgery less than two weeks later. 6 months later I am back to normal with full function in my right arm! Dr. Arntz in my opinion is a very, very talented doctor in his field.
    in Renton, WA |
    Wow I cant say enough about my experience with Dr Arntz and his staff. He was so very caring and positive! I went through total shoulder replacement surgery with ease. Had the surgery in September and total motion and strength back in December. The PT he suggested at home works if you do what your told. Thanks Dr Arntz you gave me my arm back!
    Have you seen Dr. Craig Arntz, MD?
    Are you Dr. Arntz?

Dr. Arntz says...

Dr. Arntz's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery
    •  Board certified in Hand Surgery and Orthopedic Surgery
    •  Malpractice claims in Washington not available

Dr. Arntz has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Washington.

Why It Matters: Dr. Arntz's Board Certifications

• Other Education
      Hand Surgery Fellowship

Shoulder Fellowship

Completed in 1989

Dr. Arntz does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Arntz and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery