Dr. Costas Apostolis, MD

Urogynecology & Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery ·  Male · Age 41

Dr. Apostolis

Summit Urogynecology

3009 Smith Rd Fairlawn, OH 44333

Dr. Costas Apostolis, MD is an urogynecology & reconstructive pelvic surgery specialist in Fairlawn, OH. He graduated from Ross University / School of Medicine & Veterinary Medicine and specializes in urogynecology & reconstructive pelvic surgery and obstetrics & gynecology.

Dr. Apostolis accepts

Dr. Apostolis accepts the following insurance:

Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care PPO
Tufts Health Plan
Tufts PPO

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Ohio

Check Dr. Apostolis' experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Apostolis' Top Procedures and Conditions

Colporrhaphy

Dr. Apostolis performs Colporrhaphy more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Apostolis performs this procedure more than 100% of his peers

Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis

Dr. Apostolis treats Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis more than 98% of his peers

Dr. Apostolis treats this condition more than 98% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Atrophic Vaginitis
  • Bacterial Vaginosis
Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders

Dr. Apostolis treats Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders more than 97% of his peers

Dr. Apostolis treats this condition more than 97% of his peers

Dr. Apostolis' conditions and procedures:

• Anal Fistula
  • Atrophic Vaginitis
  • Bladder Surgery
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Botox® Injection
  • Colposcopy
  • Cystourethroscopy and Transurethral Resection of Bladder Neck
  • da Vinci® Hysterectomy
  • da Vinci® Sacrocolpopexy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Laparoscopy
  • Laser Surgery for Treatment of Vaginal Atrophy
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Incontinence Surgery
  • Urinary Outflow Obstruction
  • Urinary Retention
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Urinary Urgency
  • Vaginal Surgery
  • Vaginectomy
  • Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis
  • Yeast Infections

As a Urogynecologist, I believe in educating my patients about the conditions they face and offering the best treatment options available to help them achieve a comfortable way of life.

• Urogynecology & Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery

4.2

Dr. Apostolis?
Dr. Apostolis' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Costas Apostolis, MD
Dr. Apostolis truly is a life-saver. It sounds cliche, but I struggled for over 15 years with bladder leakage, constant UTIs, mesh erosion all due to pelvic mesh slings. My previous doctor tried but could not remove the slings. Dr. Apostolis did with no problems. He literally has made my life so much better. I very highly recommend him as an outstanding surgeon and a man of integrity who has empathy for is patients. His ultimate goal is to do whatever he can to give you dignity again.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Costas Apostolis, MD?
I went 1 year and a half with a diagnosis from 2 other doctors that turned out to be wrong. Dr Apostolis figured it out within 5 minutes of seeing me. Days later I had surgery. He is a very caring very thorough doctor. Tessa is equally amazing!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Costas Apostolis, MD?
Dr.Apostolis is The Best and i highly recommend him frequently....ive had the pleasure of working with him and ive seen him as a patient. I work in the medical field and float to numerous facilities. I get nothing but positive feedback from women of all ages. He is truly an amazing physician.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Costas Apostolis, MD?
No doctor ( even out of state) could find cause of my stabbing pain . I saw Dr Apostolis who saw the cause on exam and reassured me that he could help me. After much decision, I had the surgery done November 20, 2018 and he removed a stitch that had imbedded deep in my tissue. Dr. Apostolis is so knowledgable, gentle, and compassionate, that not only did he win me as a patient but he also won my heart. Thank you Dr. Apostolis! Mrs. Jonesco RN 330-360-1658
Great doctor and staff!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Costas Apostolis, MD?
I had surgery by Dr. Apostolis for a partial hysterectomy and prolapsed bladder. All I can say is that he has changed the quality of my life for the better, and I feel like I now function as a normal person! He has the most caring bedside manner, and I would highly recommend him to ANY woman with urogynecological problems. Only comment is there needs to be better communication between staffs at both locations, as I had appts. not conveyed from one staff to the other causing confusion.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Costas Apostolis, MD?
At the recommendation of my primary care physician, I saw Dr. Apostolis today, and I am SO GLAD I did! He treats you like family, and he is very thorough. He is everything a physician should be and more! I feel very confident and trust what he thinks is best for me to do. His staff is extremely caring and competent as well. I will have no hesitation recommending him to anyone needing a urogynocologist. I would give him more than 5 stars if I could.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Costas Apostolis, MD?
Went to him for stress incontinence. Was told I had moderate prolapse and would need a partial hysterectomy. After surgery I had to go home with a catheter & for the following 6 mos I had blood in my urine as well as constant bladder infections and pain, he did a cystocopy & told me I was fine while shrugging off my problems. Even his nurses were rude! It’s been two years and I got a urogyn who immediately found out my problem. Apostolis had sutured my bladder & the stitch was still there.
Dear patient, I'm sorry to hear about your...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Costas Apostolis, MD?
I would give way more stars to every area if I could. I was referred to Dr. Apostolis by my gastroenterologist for a few issues but mainly a problem I had for decades. I was very hesitant to see yet another doctor to hear the same thing over again, SO I THOUGHT! He is by far one of the best doctors I have ever met & been treated by. He immediately found the problem that 8 other doctors I saw didn’t find. He is so compassionate & has an amazing bedside manner! I can’t say enough about him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Costas Apostolis, MD?
I highly recommend any woman that is having any urogynecology issues to see Dr. Apostolis. I recently had surgery by Dr. Apostolis and he was wonderful. I feel he is one of the most qualified Urogynecologist in his field. I was very nervous about surgery, Dr. Apostolis was very compassionate and understanding. His kindness and expertise helped me immensely. He and his staff are caring professionals and they all truly care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Costas Apostolis, MD?
Dr. Apostolis not only made arrangements to see me same day, but he diagnosed my issue immediately that several doctors were counter treating. His knowledge is as great as his fantastic bedside manner. Truly concerned and ready to get me to the next step in my healing process.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Costas Apostolis, MD?
Recently had surgery with Dr.Apostolis . After a previous surg. with another physician I swore I would never go thru that again. From my first visit with Tessa, his nurse practitioner, the whole experience was wonderful. The office staff at both offices are extremely knowledgeable and professional. There really isn't anything more comforting to have all your concerns answered in a very caring, easy to understand manner. I feel I have finally found the right Dr. Thank you, Donna
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Costas Apostolis, MD?
Dr. Apostolis is truly amazing. The entire staff is so friendly, from the secretaries to the medical assistants. He is very knowledgeable and personable. I am grateful to be treated by this doctor. He has truly changed my quality of life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Costas Apostolis, MD?
Excellent doctor and really takes his time. I've heard great things about this doctor and now I have experienced it myself. Very knowledgable and caring.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Costas Apostolis, MD?
Fabulous Doctor!!!, So very caring and knowledgeable. Many doctors can perform a hysterectomy and bladder repair but none with the ease of this one. I waited almost thirty years to have one for a prolapse cervix, other more serious surgeries were required. Once I met with him, he was the only surgeon I trusted, and my trust was well placed!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Costas Apostolis, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr. Apostolis. Had suffered many years with incontinence and prolapse issues. Was afraid of surgery and restrictive recovery. Dr. said it would be "life changing" 4 days after surgery I am in less pain than I have had in years! I woke up from recovery with a smile and haven't stopped smiling since! Even rescheduling my surgery after hectic transition to private practice was handled well by doctor and staff including calls to keep me updated by Dr. Well worth wait!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Costas Apostolis, MD?
Sitting here in Akron General Hospital following my wife's prolapse surgery. I could not have asked for a better experience with Dr. Apostolis or his office staff. Akron General office and attending professional staff has also exceeded my expectations.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Costas Apostolis, MD?
Dr. Apostolis is amazing. He's caring and has a wonderful bedside manner. He had to correct another surgeon's mess that had me in fear, tears, and pain. He explained clearly all that needed to be done and what to expect. He even called me at home to check on me after surgery while he was on vacation!! The lengthy office waits are more than worth the care and peace of mind Dr. Apostolis gives.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Costas Apostolis, MD?
I suffer from bladder and stool leaking for thirteen years . did not know what I could do if anything , and finally was told about Dr. Apostolis , He was great I feel so mush better . HE IS MY HERO He has A great staff everyone is very good .
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Costas Apostolis, MD?
Waste of time, very disorganized, doesn't listen, doesn't care
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Apostolis?

Summit Urogynecology

• Sat: closed
    • Sat: closed

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Apostolis treats patients.

Southwest General Health Center