Dr. Cory Rubin, MD

Dr. Cory Rubin, MD

Dermatology  ·
Dr. Cory Rubin, MD is a dermatologist in Warren, MI and has been practicing for 7 years. He graduated from Thomas Jefferson University in 2006 and specializes in dermatology, dermatologic immunology, and more.Read his story

13450 E 12 Mile Rd

Warren, MI 48088

• Cofinity
  • HAP Insurance

Learn about Dr. Rubin

See how frequently Dr. Rubin performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Impetigo
Rash
Itchy Skin

Dr. Rubin's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Rubin's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Rubin "Thank you for taking the time to look at my profile in choosing the right dermatologist for you or your loved one. My name is Cory Rubin. I graduated from my dermatology residency training at the University of Michigan. After completing my certifying exam I joined Advanced Dermatology and Cosmetic Surgery, the largest dermatology practice in the United States with several locations in the southeastern Michigan area. Providing exceptional, up-to-date care to my patients is my passion. I came to Michigan from the suburbs of Philadelphia. I left my hometown to attend college at the University of Rochester, where I double majored in biology and philosophy. After graduating magna cum laude, I returned back to Philadelphia for medical school training at the newly renamed Sidney Kimmel medical college at the Thomas Jefferson University. After graduating magna cum laude again with my MD degree, I started residency in Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery at University Hospitals Case Medical Center in Cleveland Ohio. I transitioned into my dermatology training after 3 years of basic science laboratory research at the University of Michigan, where I studied the role of the immune system in inflammatory skin conditions, mostly psoriasis. Combined with my 3 years of dermatology residency training, I have over 6 years of dermatology education at the University of Michigan and take an evidence-based management approach to the treatment of my patients' skin conditions. My professional interests include both pediatric (including neonatal) and adult medical, surgical and some cosmetic dermatology. My expertise is in Psoriasis, Cutaneous T-cell Lymphoma, Melanoma, Atopic Dermatitis, Hairloss (Alopecia), Acne, Rosacea, Moles, Warts and Skin cancer/photodamage. When I'm not focusing on my patients and dermatology, I very much enjoy time with my family. I'm happily married for over 7 years to my wife Barb, and together we are raising 5 wonderful kids. We try to maintain an active lifestyle with exercise and eating healthy, while I'm actively continuing my passion participating in local men's ice hockey leagues. What I can provide is the most up-to-date, evidence-based care of all of your patients' needs and/or concerns. You and your patients will experience professional and timely service, direct physician-to-physician communication to ensure patients needs are met at a reasonable time (most of the time same day), and prompt follow-up communication at your preference of the patient services I provide."

This content was provided by Dr. Rubin "My approach to caring for my patients is to actively engage them in condition and the treatment plan. If we can agree on a plan that can be executed, together we can reach an outcome that is considered successful. Dermatologic conditions usually have several ways they can be managed and are usually not a one-size-fits-all scenario. I can always suggest what I would do to myself or how I would treat my family, but my goal is to develop a plan that will be executed fully by you."

• Dermatology

• Skin Cancer Removal
  • Skin Surgery
  • Skin Tag Removal
  • Wart Removal

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• University of Rochester
  • University of Michigan / Ann Arbor
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2014
  • University Of Michigan Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2011

Dr. Rubin has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Rubin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rubin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Rubin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rubin to family and friends

Dr. Rubin's Performance

Dr. Rubin Says:
"

I want to thank you for being my patient and for your assistance in providing feedback others can consider when reading about me. I appreciate the opportunity to participate in your care.

"

I see Dr. Rubin on a regular basis after being diagnosed with melanoma from a different dermatologist office and not feeling comfortable with their care. Dr. Rubin does a very thorough examination, unlike my other doctor, and he is a very kind and intelligent person. If you just need regular...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
He is a very thoughtful and considerate Dr. When you leave you feel that he really cared about you and your medical and personal concerns. I have been a patient of Dr. Shumer for a very long time, over 30 years and I am very glad that he has brought Dr. Rubin into his practice.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option