Dr. Cory Rubin, MD

Dermatology | Male

Dr. Cory Rubin, MD
Thank you for taking the time to look at my profile in choosing the right dermatologist for you or your loved one. My name is Cory Rubin. I graduated from my dermatology residency training at the University of Michigan. After completing my certifying exam I joined Advanced Dermatology and Cosmetic Surgery, the largest dermatology practice in the United States with several locations in the southeastern Michigan area. Providing exceptional, up-to-date care to my patients is my passion. I came to Michigan from the suburbs of Philadelphia. I left my hometown to attend college at the University of Rochester, where I double majored in biology and philosophy. After graduating magna cum laude, I returned back to Philadelphia for medical school training at the newly renamed Sidney Kimmel medical college at the Thomas Jefferson University. After graduating magna cum laude again with my MD degree, I started residency in Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery at University Hospitals Case Medical Center in Cleveland Ohio. I transitioned into my dermatology training after 3 years of basic science laboratory research at the University of Michigan, where I studied the role of the immune system in inflammatory skin conditions, mostly psoriasis. Combined with my 3 years of dermatology residency training, I have over 6 years of dermatology education at the University of Michigan and take an evidence-based management approach to the treatment of my patients' skin conditions. My professional interests include both pediatric (including neonatal) and adult medical, surgical and some cosmetic dermatology. My expertise is in Psoriasis, Cutaneous T-cell Lymphoma, Melanoma, Atopic Dermatitis, Hairloss (Alopecia), Acne, Rosacea, Moles, Warts and Skin cancer/photodamage. When I'm not focusing on my patients and dermatology, I very much enjoy time with my family. I'm happily married for over 7 years to my wife Barb, and together we are raising 5 wonderful kids. We try to maintain an active lifestyle with exercise and eating healthy, while I'm actively continuing my passion participating in local men's ice hockey leagues. What I can provide is the most up-to-date, evidence-based care of all of your patients' needs and/or concerns. You and your patients will experience professional and timely service, direct physician-to-physician communication to ensure patients needs are met at a reasonable time (most of the time same day), and prompt follow-up communication at your preference of the patient services I provide.

Dr. Rubin's Care Philosophy

My approach to caring for my patients is to actively engage them in condition and the treatment plan. If we can agree on a plan that can be executed, together we can reach an outcome that is considered successful. Dermatologic conditions usually have several ways they can be managed and are usually not a one-size-fits-all scenario. I can always suggest what I would do to myself or how I would treat my family, but my goal is to develop a plan that will be executed fully by you.

Dr. Rubin's Experience

See how Dr. Rubin's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Rubin

Dr. Rubin accepts 7 insurance carriers

Dr. Rubin is now accepting new patients
Grekin Skin Institute Warren13450 E 12 Mile Rd
Warren, MI 48088
(586) 759-5525Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Rubin has admitting privileges.

Dr. Rubin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rubin to family and friends
Dr. Rubin Says:

I want to thank you for being my patient and for your assistance in providing feedback others can consider when reading about me. I appreciate the opportunity to participate in your care.

Dr. Rubin's Performance
in Macomb, MI |
I see Dr. Rubin on a regular basis after being diagnosed with melanoma from a different dermatologist office and not feeling comfortable with their care. Dr. Rubin does a very thorough examination, unlike my other doctor, and he is a very kind and intelligent person. If you just need regular dermatological care or you have had a serous skin cancer, I would highly recommend him as your doctor. I don't believe you could find better. He is excellent.
in Novi, MI |
He is a very thoughtful and considerate Dr. When you leave you feel that he really cared about you and your medical and personal concerns. I have been a patient of Dr. Shumer for a very long time, over 30 years and I am very glad that he has brought Dr. Rubin into his practice.
Have you seen Dr. Cory Rubin, MD?
Are you Dr. Rubin?

Compare Dr. Rubin

Dr. Rubin says...

My professional interests include both pediatric (including neonatal) and adult medical, surgical and some cosmetic dermatology. My expertise is in Psoriasis, Cutaneous T-cell Lymphoma, Melanoma, Atopic Dermatitis, Hairloss (Alopecia), Acne, Rosacea, Moles, Warts and Skin cancer/photodamage.

Dr. Rubin's Care Philosophy

My approach to caring for my patients is to actively engage them in condition and the treatment plan. If we can agree on a plan that can be executed, together we can reach an outcome that is considered successful. Dermatologic conditions usually have several ways they can be managed and are usually not a one-size-fits-all scenario. I can always suggest what I would do to myself or how I would treat my family, but my goal is to develop a plan that will be executed fully by you.

Dr. Rubin says...

1. Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis. My father suffers from this, so I have a strong passion in understanding this is more than just a skin condition.

2. Cutaneous T-Cell Lymphoma. I have extensive experience with this condition from my training.

3. Melanoma

4. Atopic Dermatitis. My wife suffers from this condition, so I take this very seriously.

5. Hairloss (Both scarring and non-scarring alopecia). I am affected by this and take it very seriously.

6. Acne

7. Rosacea

8. Moles

9. Warts

10. Skin cancer/photodamage - including painless, non-invasive skin cancer treatments.

My training at the University of Michigan has afforded me expertise in all facets of dermatology, from simple to complex.

I have a particular interest in kids, pregnancy-related conditions and complex medical dermatology, including with medications that you might see commercials for on TV.

I work with my aesthetic colleagues in every office to form a comprehensive plan for all of your cosmetic needs.

Dr. Rubin says...

Originally I started my training as a head and neck surgeon before switching into dermatology.

I have a lot of experience with all skin lesions including skin cancer (including superficial melanomas, Squamous cell and Basal cell skin cancers) and non-cancerous lesions such as adnexal overgrowths, cysts (including on the scalp), irregular moles and some lipomas.

In most of my offices I have other cutting-edge medical devices to treat the skin, including EXCIMER LASER for psoriasis and vitiligo (and sometimes atopic dermatitis), PHOTOTHERAPY for psoriasis, cutaneous T-cell lymphoma, atopic dermatitis and generalized itching, SUPERFICIAL X-RAY THERAPY for a non-invasive, painless skin cancer treatment option, and PHOTODYNAMIC THERAPY (ie, blue light) for photodamage/actinic keratoses and inflammatory acne.

I use only the best materials and devices to optimize the outcomes you will have. I have an amazing support team that all actively participate in the entire treatment plan.

Dr. Rubin says...

Dr. Rubin's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Dermatology
  •  Board certified in Dermatology
  •  Malpractice claims in Michigan not available

Dr. Rubin has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

Why It Matters: Dr. Rubin's Board Certifications

• Dermatology

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Itchy Skin
  • Keloid Scar
  • Lichen Planus
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Pemphigus

University Of Michigan Medical Center

Completed in 2011

University of Rochester

Graduated in 2002

Dr. Rubin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rubin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Dermatology