Dr. Corey Iqbal, MD

Dr. Corey Iqbal, MD

Pediatric Surgery  |

Dr. Corey Iqbal, MD is a pediatric surgery doctor who practices in Overland Park, KS. He is 38 years old and has been practicing for 14 years. Read his story

Midwest Women's & Children's Specialty Group

10550 Quivira Rd Ste 520

Overland Park, KS 66215

• HealthLink
  • Homestate Health Plan

Learn about Dr. Iqbal

Dr. Iqbal's Experience

Dr. Iqbal's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Pediatric Surgery
  • Board certified in General Surgery and Pediatric Surgery

Dr. Iqbal's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Iqbal "Dr. Iqbal received his undergraduate and medical degrees in the six-year combined B.A./M.D. program at the University of Missouri Kansas City completing his medical studies in 2003. He trained in general surgery at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN and also completed a post-doctoral research fellowship studying intestinal motility and absorption in the Gastrointestinal Research Unit at Mayo Clinic during that time. Upon completion of his general surgical training in 2010, Dr. Iqbal returned to Kansas City and completed his pediatric surgical training at Children's Mercy Hospital in 2012. During this period he developed an interest in fetal surgical procedures and studied fetal surgery as a Clinical Instructor of Surgery at the University of California San Francisco working closely with Dr. Michael Harrison, the "father" of fetal surgery. Dr. Iqbal currently serves as the medical director of pediatric surgery and fetal surgery at Overland Park Regional Medical Center. He has published more than 65 peer-reviewed publications, has specialized training in bioethics, and is a recognized expert in multiple areas of pediatric and fetal surgery including minimally invasive surgery, robotic surgery, chest wall deformities, pancreatic surgery, thyroid surgery, gastroesophageal reflux disease, congenital diaphragmatic hernia, congenital pulmonary airway malformations, and complications of twin pregnancies."

This content was provided by Dr. Iqbal "To provide high quality, compassionate healthcare in a caring, affordable, timely and accessible manner. Our doctors collaborate with patients, their physician colleagues and other healthcare professionals to help ensure each patient?s individual healthcare needs are met."

• Pediatric Surgery
  • General Surgery

• General Surgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Surgery*
  • Pediatric Surgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Surgery*

• Blood Disorders

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Kansas.

• Univ Of Mo-Kansas City Sch Of Med
  • University Of California At San Francisco
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2013
  • Mayo Clinic Gastrointestinal Research Unit
    Other Education | Completed 2007

Dr. Iqbal has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Iqbal does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Iqbal and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Iqbal's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Iqbal to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Iqbal's Performance
in Kansas City |
I don't usually leave reviews but this doctor was so amazing that I have to. He listens and spends time understanding. He spent an hour with me explaining my pectus problems. So many answers of a long term nature uncovered. He gave me options to try and a surgery suggestion to fall back on if needed. He was absolutely the way medicine should be. I can't recommend him highly enough.
Overland Park, KS |
A puzzle to many doctors who tried to solve my son's problem, it was Dr. Iqbal who made the discovery. While in surgery to mitigate the issue, it was this man who identified the rare yet fundamental issue rarely seen in babies. Thank you Dr. Iqbal!
Overland Park, KS |
Passionate, intelligent, and down to earth. Dr. Iqbal is a breath of fresh air in an industry where ego's seem to be the norm. I would recommend Dr. Iqbal to anyone.
Overland Park, KS |
Amazing surgeon with procedures, parental explanations and follow up appts. You can tell he is passionate about helping his patients. My baby owes his pain free life to this doctor. There needs to be more people like him in the world!
Overland Park, KS |
Did a hiatal hernia, fundo and g tube surgery for my baby and was exceptional with surgery and follow up. He's doing a wonderful job of helping babies live better lives.
in Kansas City |
I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Iqbal. My baby was going to be born with a CCAM and a pulmonary sequestration. Dr. Iqbal watched her while I was pregnant and followed all the way through with her partial lobectomy at seven months. He is impressively intelligent and able to communicate with clarity. My husband and I have nothing but great things to say about Dr. Iqbal and would highly recommend him to anyone wanting thorough, kind care. Amber and Matt Kansas City
in Kansas City, KS |
He recommended i consider selective termination surgery for my twins. If i did it could save the other one if not i could lose both. I was 22wks pregnant and it would have to be done before 24wks. I was being monitored for TTTS but was not technically diagnosed. I chose not too and both of my babies were born at almost 36wks and spent 2wks in NICU. I am glad i went against his recommendation. I couldn't imagine my life without both of my babies.
I have deep empathy for you and gratitude that your outcome resulted in two healthy babies, as that is always the goal of physicians. However, I am 100 percent certain you were not a patient of mine. I have never counseled any patient to elect the selective termination procedure, not only does it not align with my personal beliefs, but goes against the enormous training I've experienced. I am grateful that you have two healthy babies and wish them nothing but continued health and well-being.
in Saint Peters, MO |
I was unable to see Dr. Iqbal. My appointment was canceled the day of due to an emergent surgery, which is completely understandable. What is not understandable is the fact that I was also told I needed to see my pediatrician for a new referral (this was a 6month follow up). I understand the need to this referral for insurance policies. However, I should have been informed of this fact when I made the appointment or even called back the next day, rather than the MORNING OF my appt.
Have you seen Dr. Corey Iqbal, MD?

Visit Dr. Iqbal