Dr. Constantine A. Toumbis, MD

Dr. Constantine A. Toumbis, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male | 51 years old

61 reviews| Leave a review

Patient Testimonials

Dr. Toumbis specializes in Orthopedic Surgery and practices in Crystal River, FL. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Toumbis? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Toumbis' Experience

See how Dr. Toumbis' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Toumbis

Dr. Toumbis accepts 20 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Toumbis has admitting privileges.

Dr. Toumbis' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Toumbis to family and friends
3.9
Experience with Dr. Toumbis
Dr. Toumbis' Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (55)
Dr. Toumbis Says:

Quality patient care and satisfaction are our priority at Citrus Spine Institute.  Please do not hesitate to contact us at 352-794-6868 with questions or feedback.  We constantly strive to improve our practice and the care we provide to our patients in Citrus County.

in Brooksville, FL |
This surgeon saved my son's life. His professionalism, dedication and compassion is without measure. He has an outstanding facility and staff. I could not recommend him higher. He is an extraordinary surgeon and humanitarian. If you have problems with your back, you owe it to yourself to be seen by Dr. Toumbis.
I've moved out of state recently but will continue to return to Florida for follow ups and continued care for as long as I can. It will be hard to find another doctor that is as honest and CARING as Dr Toumbis let alone with his expertise.
in Homosassa, FL |
He just did my 5th back surgery, other 4 done in another state. I'm now 5 weeks post op & I have no pain in my leg for the first time in years! I can once again walk, he has givin me mylife back! Yes I'm still having some back pain but I am only 5 weeks out I'm sure that part will take more time. He explained everything very well.
in Beverly Hills,Fl |
Dr. Toumbis is excellent. He is the only Dr. I will let touch my spine. I trust him completely. He replaced a few disc's in my neck 3 or 4 yrs. ago and never had a problem. Robin g.
in Sebring, FL |
Dr Toumbis with Britney assisting fixed my spine in 2007 with lots of hardware. The outcome was excellent. Recently I overlifted plus took a bad fall. I had sharp pain so I make an appointment to see if the hardware was ok. The hardware was not broken or loose and no broken bones. I had sprained my back. Britney gave me a script for noninflammatory and muscle relaxant. I have a followup in 4 weeks. I travel 300 miles round trip and glad to do it.
in Inverness, FL |
Dr. Toumbis was very good @ explaining what was wrong with my neck, and polite.
in hernando.fl |
I found Dr. Toumbis to be very professional, considerate, and compentient. If I ever have additional work to be done I definately would contact him.
in Inverness, FL |
He is thorough and as painless as possible. After 7 years of dealing with chiropractors I had reached the point that the pain in my back caused by sciatica was at the awful point! so I asked Dr to get involved and he did the proper tests were made and a procedure was performed in his building . So in about 20 minutes I walked out free of pain. The next day we went to Walmart and I walked about the whole store with out pain ! I felt like dancing and I think Sam Walton was looking down and smiling
in Homosassa, FL |
Very professional and listens well. Doesn't make you feel rushed.
in Beverly Hills, Florida |
I have been treated by Dr Toumbis for at least 10 yrs. He performed two spinal fusions on me. Both were successes. I recently went back to him thinking I may have done damage to my lower back after lifting a heavy object. He and his office staff were very helpful and considerate. In all the time I have gone to him, I have found that he's very knowledgeable and compassionate in his treatment and he will try other options first before considering surgery.
in Inverness, FL |
I would definitely recommend Dr. Toumbis for the following reasons: His office staff is friendly, courteous and knowledgeable, not one staff member greets you without a smile. The office is clean and beautifully decorated along with being comfortable. X-rays are done on site instead of having to go elsewhere. Dr. Toumbis greeted us with a handshake and his demeanor was friendly, knowledgeable, caring and he spoke to us in layman's terms. By the time we left the office I felt confident in this Dr
in Crystal River, FL |
I have referred friends to Dr. Toumbis on many occasions. He is very knowledgeable and a very good communicator. He quickly gained my confidence, got to the root of my problem and put a plan in place for remedy. He changed my life by eliminating my pain exactly as he related to me in the very beginning. I am very happy with every encounter I've had with him and his staff; they are all very professional,helpful, knowledgeable and efficient.
in Floral City, FL |
Dr. Toumbis changed my life! after 15 years of severe spinal pain stemming from stenosis in my neck, I agreed to have spinal fusion surgery with him. He did such a good job that within 2 weeks of surgery I was able to discontinue ages of narcotics and my pain subsided. He is a professional of the highest order, his staff are awesome people and he uses the most advanced methods and practices of his trade. This is one of the absolute best surgeons in the business - period. Highly recommended!
in Homosassa, FL |
I have been a patient of Dr. Toumbis since he first came to Citrus County. I had fallen on the tennis court which had shattered some discs and sent debris into the spinal column. He operated, inserting rods on each side of the spinal column. It was a successful surgery and I had multiple follow-up visits and checkups and have always found him to be encouraging, up beat, thorough, articulate and professional. I wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Toumbis to anyone experiencing back problems!
in Homosassa, FL |
I have suffered for years with hip pain. Dr Toumbis was recommended, and I was skeptical as no one helped me before. One Doctor actually wanted to do back surgery. His office is so comfortable and immediately put you at ease. All of his staff were professional, friendly and knowledgeable. Then I had the pleasure of meeting with Dr. Toumbis. I left his office without pain for the first time in years. He explained what the problem was, took care of my pain and without drugs. Thank you, Thank you!
in Inverness, FL |
Outstanding bed side manner.. Excellent surgeon.. Extremely timely. He believes your time is just as important as his.
Crystal River, FL |
Dr. Toumbis is a thoughtful and intelligent doctor. His PA Brittany was very professional and knowledgeable. My neck is feeling better everyday.
in Hernando, FL |
I have been a patient of Dr. Toumbis for many years. I am very impressed by how conservative he is for a spine surgeon. I like how he wanted me to try everything before jumping into surgery. I also respect him for telling me how it is in a direct way and not skirting around the issues. I feel that he treats me like he would one of his family members. He is always there for me when I need him and we are very lucky to have him in our community.
in Dunnellon, FL |
Dr Toumbis performed a pretty complicated surgery on me every thing came out great pain was gone for the first time in years the numbness in my feet was completely gone besides the healing process hospital and his staff were great I m glad he did my surgery
in Inverness, FL |
I have back trouble for over 30 years and have two prior surgeries, was hesitant to have another surgery and he came highly recommended so I decided to go being I was just existing and taken pain pllls and not enjoying my life. He became my hero, because I couldn't walk when I arrived at the office. After my second meeting we set up the surgery and he told me not to worry because I was in good hands. Two months later I can walk with no pain and my back is 90% on the mend, he is my hero.
in Beverly Hills, FL |
I have been seeing Dr. Toumbis for 10 years and he is the only person that I trust with my back. The staff at Citrus Spine Institute is a pleasure to work with. As soon as you walk through the doors you feel at home...at ease and comfortable and I have NEVER met a doctor that not only cares about my physical health but me in general.
in Powder Springs, GA |
This doctor was very rude and has a horrible bedside manner. He said in front of my mother and my husband that he didn't like my imaging results he was going to talk to the radiologist and tell him he read the results wrong or gotten them mixed up some how. He said I'm not operating and nothing looks wrong and that was it. compared to the surgeon at the mayo clinic who showed me on the image the problem and explained throughly what was wrong and what we need to do next to get me back to normal.
in Hernando, FL |
Pretty arrogant surgeon. Dismissed my pain like it was nothing.
in Inverness, FL |
I would not recommend Dr. Toumbis, one of the questions he asked me during my initial exam was how much insurance money did I have left. I was in auto accident and have multiple herniated disk in cervical and lumbar. Dr Toumbis looked at the xrays taken in his office ( not the copy of the mri's I provided) then suggested I make another appointment for a mri if the pain does not get better. That was just for my Cervical area he did not even address my lumbar area,
in Crystal River, FL |
Very satisfied with his knowledge, treatment and recommendations. Having had back issues for 25+ years, I am unfortunately familiar with this Doctors specialty. He and his staff are also extremely helpful with insurance issues. My husband and I both trust his opinion, experience, skill and reputation with my back.
in Crystal River, FL |
Doctor Tombs is knowledgeable, decisive, and an excellent surgeon. My incision for back surgery was small. I was up and moving the same day with little discomfort. In a week I was riding my bicycle. I am over sixty-five years old and expected a longer recovery period.
in Hernando, FL |
Very confident about what he does
Have you seen Dr. Constantine A. Toumbis, MD?
Are you Dr. Toumbis?

Compare Dr. Toumbis

Dr. Toumbis says...

Dr. Toumbis' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Toumbis has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Toumbis' Board Certifications

• Ankylosing Spondylitis
  • Broken Neck
  • Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture
  • Hip Fracture
  • Hip Pointer Injuries
  • Limb Cramp
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

Completed in 2005

New York University

Graduated in 1987

• Greek

Dr. Toumbis does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Toumbis and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Disc Replacement
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hip Replacement
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Percutaneous Vertebroplasty
  • Spinal Compression Fracture Repair
  • Spinal Cord Stimulation
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Fracture Treatment
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Filter Your Results