Dr. Constantine Frantzides, MD

Laparoscopic Surgery ·  Male · Age 63

Dr. Frantzides

Dr. Constantine Frantzides, MD is a laparoscopic surgery specialist in Skokie, IL and has been practicing for 34 years. He graduated from Medical School Of Athens University in 1976 and specializes in laparoscopic surgery, bariatric surgery, and more.

Make an appointment

Dr. Frantzides accepts

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Check if Dr. Frantzides treats your condition or procedure

• Anal Prolapse
  • Appendectomy
  • Appendectomy, Laparoscopic
  • Appendicitis
  • Bariatric Surgery (Weight Loss Surgery)
  • Barrett's Esophagus
  • Esophageal Fistula
  • Esophageal Stricture
  • Esophageal Surgery
  • Esophageal Ulcer
  • Esophagectomy (Esophagogastrostomy, Esophagojejunostomy)
  • Esophagitis
  • Gastrectomy
  • Gastric Bypass Surgery
  • Gastric Bypass Surgery, Laparoscopic
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastroenterologic Cancer (Colon, Stomach, Esophageal, Liver)
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Intestinal Cancer
  • Intestinal Diseases
  • Intestinal Ischemia
  • Intestinal Obstruction
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Joint Fusion
  • Laparoscopic Adrenalectomy
  • Laparoscopic Anti-Reflux Surgery
  • Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgery
  • Laparoscopic Colon Surgery
  • Laparoscopic Diaphragmatic or Paraesophageal Hernia Repair With Robotic Assistance
  • Laparoscopic Liver Resection
  • Ulcerative Colitis
  • Umbilical Hernia
  • Umbilical or Ventral Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Ventral Hernia

Provide the best possible surgical care with the utilization of 'The Gentler Surgery'

• Laparoscopic Surgery
  • Bariatric Surgery
  • Colorectal Surgery
  • Endocrine Surgery

1990
University Of Bordeaux, France Minimally Invasive Surgery Course, Dr. Jacques Perissat
1989
Hospital International, University Of Paris, France Minimally Invasive Surgery Course, Dr. Fracois Dubois
1985

• America's Top Surgeon, 2011
  • America's Top Surgeon, 2010
  • Top Doctor by the Chicago Magazine, and the US News and World Report, 2011
  • Goldane Cane Award-Best Teacher of the Year, 1993
  • Digestive Surgery Original Paper Grassi Prize Laparoscopic Prosthetic Reinforcement of Hiatal Herniorrhaphy, 1999
  • TYCO Corporation Laparoscopic Fellowship Program, 2003-2006
  • Named “America’s Top Doctor” by Castle Connolly Medical Guide, 2010
  • National Institute of Health Grant #R01 DK40966, 1990-1995
  • Best Video Honorable Mention0American Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons 15th International Congress, 2006
  • Most Compassionate Doctor by the Consumers' Research Council of America, 2011
  • Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Minimally Invasive Surgery Fellowship, 1995-1999
  • Ethicon Endo-Surgery Minimally Invasive Surgery Education and Training Program, 1998-2000
  • TYCO-United States Surgical Laparoscopic Fellowship Program, 2002-2003

Dr. Frantzides' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Frantzides

Dr. Frantzides?
Dr. Frantzides' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Constantine Frantzides, MD
RecentMost Helpful
It’s been 10 years since Dr Frantzides perform my surgery, a surgery that was rejected by other doctors because of the high risks involved. I was at a very difficult time in my life, almost without hope.. I met with Dr. Frantzides, whom I knew from a previous surgery and he gave me HOPE, something I was desperate to receive. He is so understanding, compassionate and patient. Dr, Frantzides is a one of a kind surgeon, I really believe he has something special with his skills.. Thank you??
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Constantine Frantzides, MD?
Dr. Frantzides performed my laproscopic hernia repair surgery. I highly recommend Dr. Frantzides. The surgery went well and Dr. Frantzides was caring and highly skilled. He never rushed exams and office visits and was accessible throughout the process. Equally important, his office managed by Teresa Wojtusiak was competent, efficient and caring. She was always responsive and helped greatly in dealing with insurance.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Constantine Frantzides, MD?
Dr. Constantine Frantzides is an AMAZING surgeon! He performed a complicated Nissen Fundoplication on me back in 2006. It was life-changing. I'm off of PPI meds, and no longer have any dietary restrictions. He and his staff (Teresa!) could not be more caring. Although out of my insurance network, he was totally worth the cost. Highly, highly recommend!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Constantine Frantzides, MD?
Dr. Frantzides is ABSOLUTELY amazing. He spent several hours with me explaining in detail what he was going to do in surgery and what to expect after surgery. He was available personally 24/7 if I had any questions or concerns and did not make you feel guilty for calling "after hours." Between Dr. Frantzides and his assistant Teresa, they checked on me on a daily basis right after surgery and still continue to follow up with me. They have treated me like family!! Love them!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Constantine Frantzides, MD?
Dr. Frantzides took excellent care of me performing 2 major surgeries on me in the same day. He went above and beyond anything I could have expected, and followed up quite frequently after surgery to make sure I was doing ok. A very knowledgeable surgeon and answered all my questions and concerns with strait forward answers. Would I use him again? Of coarse!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Constantine Frantzides, MD?
We highly recomend dr. Frantzides and his team’s services! He did an excellent surgery for my husband 20 years ago, he never had any further issues from that day. So when it came to my own surgery this past October, I knew I only trusted dr. Frantzides and his team to do it. From bedside manner, to after hours calls, knowledgeable advice, quick appointments, everything went very smooth. Very happy with the results! Highly recommend Thank you Dr. Frantzides! You’re the best
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Constantine Frantzides, MD?
Dr. Frantzides is as good as they get. He literally “wrote the book” on gastric bypass procedures. When I was contemplating surgery, he took almost 2 hours to answer all my questions and address my wife’s concerns. The surgery went off without a hitch. And many thanks to Teresa, the kind and caring assistant who kept everything on track!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Constantine Frantzides, MD?
For most of my life I had abdominal pain. I can’t compare Dr. Frantzides to other surgeons. I do know his CV is incredibly impressive and the volume of all types of very complicated abdominal surgeries like mine he has performed is cause for a feeling of security. I have never felt so good in my entire life. I look back and think about how miserable and truly uncomfortable I was. I not only feel good but I look good as well. I am happy, I believe Dr. Frantzides was the only expert who helped.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Constantine Frantzides, MD?
After a nightmare paraesophageal hernia repair with Nissen Fundoplication by a so-called doctor at Northwestern Hospital and a botched 2nd attempt by a dr at U of C Hospital, I was fortunate to have found Dr. Frantzides. Dr. Frantzides performed my 3rd surgery and saved my life. There is no other surgeon as knowledgeable and amazing as Dr. Frantzides. Not only is he brilliant but he is the most caring doctor you will ever find. I am forever indebted to Dr. Frantzides for giving me my life back.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Constantine Frantzides, MD?
I needed to have a lap band removal and gastric bypass at the same time. Dr. Frantzides was not only willing to do it, but guaranteed that he would do both laproscopicly During preliminary tests he also discovered that my band had slipped up to my esophagus and was constricting it. My esophagus was so constricted that I could barely swallow. He assured me he would also fix this. He explained everything in detail, and made me feel confident that the surgery would be successful
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Constantine Frantzides, MD?
Dr.Frantzides is extremely thorough and patient with years of experience. Because of a prior surgery 20 years ago, Dr. Frantzides had to actually remove 19 wires that had moved INSIDE my stomach before he could do the procedure I was there for. Although the surgery took 8 hours my recovery was unbelievably easy. In pre op I met some of his extremely personable surgical team who also assured me that everything would be fine. The care did not end after I was discharged, I received check up calls
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Constantine Frantzides, MD?
Having surgery is never an easy decision to make. Dr. Frantzides helped me better understand my situation, and the options that were available to me. His experience and knowledge in the field, made me feel very comfortable about the choice I made. His open and understanding personality never made me feel pressured, in fact I felt reassured, about making this change in my life. Post surgery, his follow-up, attention to detail, and continued care about my well being were exemplary. Thank you!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Constantine Frantzides, MD?
When I first met Dr. Franzides he was very friendly. He explained all of the different procedures thoroughly. Most importantly, Dr. Frantzides did not make me feel ashamed for being obese. He also has the best people around him to make sure you get the best care from the beginning to the end. His office manager Teresa is very knowledgeable, helpful, and caring. The staff at Saint Francis is excellent. The nurses, Sonia, Larry, and the volunteers all made my hospital stay a great experience.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Constantine Frantzides, MD?
Three years ago I was diagnosed with hiatal hernia and acid reflex. I would wake up in the middle of the night with no air and pain. I went to many doctors,asking for a solution. They put me on medicine that did not help, and only made it worse. Dr. Frantzides was the only doctor who truly cured me, and gave me my normal life back. Now, I can sing again. I finished my album. I also feel great! Thank you doctor Frantizides! You are my Greek God, a kind person, and the best surgeon!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Constantine Frantzides, MD?
When I saw Dr. Frantzides in consultation, there was instantly no doubt in my mind that he was the one that would fix my giant incisional hernia once and for all. I had multiple open surgeries over the years and thought I needed yet another one, this time It was different because I couldn't find anyone that was willing to do it. Dr. Frantzides welcomed the challenge and he did my surgery laparoscopically. I was told by other surgeons that laparoscopy was not even an option. I'm soo greatful !!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Constantine Frantzides, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Frantzides?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Frantzides treats patients.

Compare Providers