Dr. Constantine Frantzides, MD

Laparoscopic SurgeryMaleAge 66

Dr. Frantzides
4709 Golf Rd Ste 1020 Skokie, IL 60076

Dr. Constantine Frantzides, MD is a Laparoscopic Surgery Specialist in Skokie, IL and has over 45 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Medical School Of Athens University medical school in 1976. He is affiliated with Presence Saint Francis Hospital. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Frantzides to book an appointment.

Compare with other Laparoscopic Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Frantzides with our nearby Laparoscopic Surgery Specialists at Rush University Medical Center.

Make an appointment at Rush University Medical Center today at (312) 767-4706.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of Rush University Medical Center.

Dr. Frantzides' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Frantzides

Dr. Frantzides

If you are searching for the most exceptional laparoscopic surgeon in the US, you have found him. Dr. Frantzides is a brilliant man with the most compassionate bedside manner. Of course if you research him online, you will find that he is a pioneer in the laparoscopic arena, he has made more than 200 contributions to medical literature, he is a well-respected professor that has trained hundreds of surgeons, he is the author of many medical books, he dedicates time to R&D and has been awarded multiple grants to do so.... the list goes on and on. I chose him to perform gastric bypass surgery on me because he stood out from the crowd. I had read many stories of other gastric bypass patients dealing with vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal cramping and nausea for years after surgery. With Dr. Frantzides I NEVER experienced any of these. He carefully preserves the Vagus Nerve when re-sectioning the stomach. This is why his patients NEVER get Dumping Syndrome. Dr. F helped me love life again!
Michelle Henson – Mar 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Constantine Frantzides, MD?
I live in a state where I could not find any one that had the knowledge to tackle the dangerous problem that I had with adhesions wrapped around my organs. I was going to the emergency room so often being told there was nothing wrong with me , that it was all in my head . It got to the point that I was beginning to be Stereotyped “not to be disrespectful “but a black women that wanted pain killers. Some one at my church gave me a news paper article about this doctor 5 hrs from my home, he was able to save my life, the most kind man , he and his staff treated me like a real person even in the hospital his care was Superb, he is soft spoken, confident in his work , never judged me based on my race , Matter of fact he sees no color you are just his patient and I mean you are treated like a rockstar under his care . I could never trust any one to operate on me other then Dr Frantzides. I know that with God and Dr Frantzides all is well.
Teresa Franklin – Aug 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Constantine Frantzides, MD?
It’s been 10 years since Dr Frantzides perform my surgery, a surgery that was rejected by other doctors because of the high risks involved. I was at a very difficult time in my life, almost without hope.. I met with Dr. Frantzides, whom I knew from a previous surgery and he gave me HOPE, something I was desperate to receive. He is so understanding, compassionate and patient. Dr, Frantzides is a one of a kind surgeon, I really believe he has something special with his skills.. Thank you??
Kathleen ODonnell in South Holland, IL – Feb 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Constantine Frantzides, MD?
Dr. Frantzides performed my laproscopic hernia repair surgery. I highly recommend Dr. Frantzides. The surgery went well and Dr. Frantzides was caring and highly skilled. He never rushed exams and office visits and was accessible throughout the process. Equally important, his office managed by Teresa Wojtusiak was competent, efficient and caring. She was always responsive and helped greatly in dealing with insurance.
Jane Fish in Chicago, IL – Dec 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Constantine Frantzides, MD?
Dr. Constantine Frantzides is an AMAZING surgeon! He performed a complicated Nissen Fundoplication on me back in 2006. It was life-changing. I'm off of PPI meds, and no longer have any dietary restrictions. He and his staff (Teresa!) could not be more caring. Although out of my insurance network, he was totally worth the cost. Highly, highly recommend!
Rebecca in Lindenhurst, IL – Aug 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Constantine Frantzides, MD?
Dr. Frantzides is ABSOLUTELY amazing. He spent several hours with me explaining in detail what he was going to do in surgery and what to expect after surgery. He was available personally 24/7 if I had any questions or concerns and did not make you feel guilty for calling "after hours." Between Dr. Frantzides and his assistant Teresa, they checked on me on a daily basis right after surgery and still continue to follow up with me. They have treated me like family!! Love them!!
Michelle in Sycamore, IL – Jun 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Constantine Frantzides, MD?
Dr. Frantzides took excellent care of me performing 2 major surgeries on me in the same day. He went above and beyond anything I could have expected, and followed up quite frequently after surgery to make sure I was doing ok. A very knowledgeable surgeon and answered all my questions and concerns with strait forward answers. Would I use him again? Of coarse!
S Patterson in , none – May 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Constantine Frantzides, MD?
We highly recomend dr. Frantzides and his team’s services! He did an excellent surgery for my husband 20 years ago, he never had any further issues from that day. So when it came to my own surgery this past October, I knew I only trusted dr. Frantzides and his team to do it. From bedside manner, to after hours calls, knowledgeable advice, quick appointments, everything went very smooth. Very happy with the results! Highly recommend Thank you Dr. Frantzides! You’re the best
Bozena DeNigris – Feb 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Constantine Frantzides, MD?
Dr. Frantzides is as good as they get. He literally “wrote the book” on gastric bypass procedures. When I was contemplating surgery, he took almost 2 hours to answer all my questions and address my wife’s concerns. The surgery went off without a hitch. And many thanks to Teresa, the kind and caring assistant who kept everything on track!
SAL in Downers Grove, IL – Jan 31, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Constantine Frantzides, MD?
For most of my life I had abdominal pain. I can’t compare Dr. Frantzides to other surgeons. I do know his CV is incredibly impressive and the volume of all types of very complicated abdominal surgeries like mine he has performed is cause for a feeling of security. I have never felt so good in my entire life. I look back and think about how miserable and truly uncomfortable I was. I not only feel good but I look good as well. I am happy, I believe Dr. Frantzides was the only expert who helped.
Dec 31, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Constantine Frantzides, MD?
After a nightmare paraesophageal hernia repair with Nissen Fundoplication by a so-called doctor at Northwestern Hospital and a botched 2nd attempt by a dr at U of C Hospital, I was fortunate to have found Dr. Frantzides. Dr. Frantzides performed my 3rd surgery and saved my life. There is no other surgeon as knowledgeable and amazing as Dr. Frantzides. Not only is he brilliant but he is the most caring doctor you will ever find. I am forever indebted to Dr. Frantzides for giving me my life back.
Joanne in Chicago, IL – Jan 02, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Constantine Frantzides, MD?
I needed to have a lap band removal and gastric bypass at the same time. Dr. Frantzides was not only willing to do it, but guaranteed that he would do both laproscopicly During preliminary tests he also discovered that my band had slipped up to my esophagus and was constricting it. My esophagus was so constricted that I could barely swallow. He assured me he would also fix this. He explained everything in detail, and made me feel confident that the surgery would be successful
Lynn Schuldt in Kenosha WI – Aug 09, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Constantine Frantzides, MD?
Dr.Frantzides is extremely thorough and patient with years of experience. Because of a prior surgery 20 years ago, Dr. Frantzides had to actually remove 19 wires that had moved INSIDE my stomach before he could do the procedure I was there for. Although the surgery took 8 hours my recovery was unbelievably easy. In pre op I met some of his extremely personable surgical team who also assured me that everything would be fine. The care did not end after I was discharged, I received check up calls
D. Rease in South Holland, Illinois – Aug 02, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Constantine Frantzides, MD?
Having surgery is never an easy decision to make. Dr. Frantzides helped me better understand my situation, and the options that were available to me. His experience and knowledge in the field, made me feel very comfortable about the choice I made. His open and understanding personality never made me feel pressured, in fact I felt reassured, about making this change in my life. Post surgery, his follow-up, attention to detail, and continued care about my well being were exemplary. Thank you!
Jerry in Libertyville, IL – Apr 22, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Constantine Frantzides, MD?
When I first met Dr. Franzides he was very friendly. He explained all of the different procedures thoroughly. Most importantly, Dr. Frantzides did not make me feel ashamed for being obese. He also has the best people around him to make sure you get the best care from the beginning to the end. His office manager Teresa is very knowledgeable, helpful, and caring. The staff at Saint Francis is excellent. The nurses, Sonia, Larry, and the volunteers all made my hospital stay a great experience.
N.L.S. in North Aurora, IL. – Apr 05, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Constantine Frantzides, MD?
Three years ago I was diagnosed with hiatal hernia and acid reflex. I would wake up in the middle of the night with no air and pain. I went to many doctors,asking for a solution. They put me on medicine that did not help, and only made it worse. Dr. Frantzides was the only doctor who truly cured me, and gave me my normal life back. Now, I can sing again. I finished my album. I also feel great! Thank you doctor Frantizides! You are my Greek God, a kind person, and the best surgeon!
Danut Paduraru in Winnetka, IL – Feb 08, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Constantine Frantzides, MD?
When I saw Dr. Frantzides in consultation, there was instantly no doubt in my mind that he was the one that would fix my giant incisional hernia once and for all. I had multiple open surgeries over the years and thought I needed yet another one, this time It was different because I couldn't find anyone that was willing to do it. Dr. Frantzides welcomed the challenge and he did my surgery laparoscopically. I was told by other surgeons that laparoscopy was not even an option. I'm soo greatful !!!!
Dec 22, 2015
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Constantine Frantzides, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Frantzides?

Provide the best possible surgical care with the utilization of 'The Gentler Surgery'

Dr. Frantzides is the Director of the Chicago Institute of Minimally Invasive Surgery (CIMIS). He is recognized worldwide as an expert in the field of...Read more

• Laparoscopic Surgery
  • General Surgery
  • Hepatopancreaticobiliary Surgery
  • Surgical Oncology

1990
University Of Bordeaux, France Minimally Invasive Surgery Course, Dr. Jacques Perissat
1989
Hospital International, University Of Paris, France Minimally Invasive Surgery Course, Dr. Fracois Dubois
1985
1970
Limassol Academy

• Greek
  • Polish

• Digestive Surgery Original Paper Grassi Prize "Laparoscopic Prosthetic Reinforcement of Hiatal Herniorrhaphy", 1999
  • America's Top Doctor by the acclaimed Castle Connolly Medical Guide, 2011
  • Sandoz Research Institute, 1992-1993
  • US Surgical Corporation Laparoscopic Fellowship Program, 2007-2008
  • Shipley Medal (Southern Surgical Association), 1985
  • TYCO Corporation "Laparoscopic Fellowship Program", 2003-2006
  • TYCO Corpotation "Laproscopic Fellowship Program", 2006-2007
  • TYCO Corporation Laparoscopic Fellowship Program, 2003-2006
  • Ethicon Endo-Surgery Laparoscopic Fellowship Program, 2006-2007
  • Ethicon Endo-Surgery "Minimally Invasive Surgery Education and Training Program", 1998-2000
  • Best General Surgery Scientific Paper- American Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons 14th International Congress, 2005
  • "America's Top Doctor" by the acclaimed Castle Connolly Medical Guide, 2012
  • Best Multi Specialty Scientific Paper-American Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons 14th International Congress, 2005
  • US Surgical Corporation "Laparoscopic Fellowship Program", 2007-2008
  • TYCO-United States Surgical "Laparoscopic Fellowship Program", 2002-2003
  • US Surgical Corporation (Covidien) "Laparoscopic Fellowship Program", 2008-2009
  • TYCO Corpotation Laproscopic Fellowship Program, 2006-2007
  • Named “America’s Top Doctor” by Castle Connolly Medical Guide, 2010
  • W.L. Gore & Associates-Medical Products Division, "Laparoscopic Repair of Large Hiatal Hernia with Gore -Tex", 1996-1998
  • Ethicon Endo-Surgery "Laparoscopic Fellowship Program", 2006-2007
  • Covidien "Laparoscopic Fellowship Program", 2009-2011
  • Ceterification af Achievement - Advanced Laparoscopic Surgeon American Society of General Surgeons, 2003
  • Best Video Honorable Mention0American Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons 15th International Congress, 2006
  • Named "Americas Top Surgeon" by Consumers' Council of America, 2007
  • Named "America's Top Surgeon" by Consumers' Council of America, 2008
  • America's Top Surgeon, 2011
  • Roche Research "The Billary Penetration of Fleroxacin and Ciprofloxacin: A Competative Stud?", 1990-1991
  • Top Doctor by the Chicago Magazine, and the US News and World Report, 2011
  • America's Top Doctor by the acclaimed Castle Connolly Medical Guide, 2012
  • Digestive Surgery Original Paper Grassi Prize Laparoscopic Prosthetic Reinforcement of Hiatal Herniorrhaphy, 1999
  • Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Minimally Invasive Surgery Fellowship, 1995-1999
  • Covidien Laparoscopic Fellowship Program, 2009-2011
  • Award for Dedication and Service to the Milwaukee Brast Cancer Awarness Program, 1995
  • TYCO-United States Surgical Laparoscopic Fellowship Program, 2002-2003
  • America's Top Surgeon, 2010
  • National Institute of Health Grant #R01 DK40966, 1990-1995
  • Ethicon Endo-Surgery Minimally Invasive Surgery Education and Training Program, 1998-2000
  • Top Doctor by the Chicago Magazine, and the US News and World Report, 2012
  • "America's Top Doctor" by the acclaimed Castle Connolly Medical Guide, 2011
  • Ethicon Endo-Surgery, "Minimally Invasive Surgery Fellowship", 1995-1999
  • Most Compassionate Doctor by the Consumers' Research Council of America, 2010
  • W.L. Gore & Associates-Medical Products Division, Laparoscopic Repair of Large Hiatal Hernia with Gore -Tex, 1996-1998
  • Roche Research The Billary Penetration of Fleroxacin and Ciprofloxacin: A Competative Stud?, 1990-1991
  • Named America's Top Surgeon by Consumers' Council of America, 2008
  • National Institute of Health GRANT #r29 DK38486, 1986-1991
  • Physician's Recognition Award (American Medical Association), 1990-1993
  • Physician's Recognition Award (Amwerican Medical Association_, 1997-2000
  • Goldane Cane Award-Best Teacher of the Year, 1993
  • Ethicon Endod-Surgery "Minimally Invasive Surgery Education and Training Program", 2001-2003
  • Top Doctor, 2012
  • Top Doctor, 2012
  • Ethicon Endod-Surgery Minimally Invasive Surgery Education and Training Program, 2001-2003
  • Named Americas Top Surgeon by Consumers' Council of America, 2007
  • Most Compassionate Doctor by the Consumers' Research Council of America, 2011
  • Ceterification af Achievement -"Advanced Laparoscopic Surgeon" American Society of General Surgeons, 2003
  • US Surgical Corporation (Covidien) Laparoscopic Fellowship Program, 2008-2009