Orthopedic Surgery  |
Male
Dr. Conrad Ivie, MD
A native Tennessean, Dr. Conrad Ivie is a Orthopaedic Surgeon whose specialization includes comprehensive care of the hip and knee. His specialty training includes hip and knee preservation and reconstruction, including hip arthroscopy (scopes) and minimally invasive anterior approach total hip replacement. His practice includes but is not limited to care for acute injuries of the hip and knee, meniscal tears, labral tears of the hip, femoral acetabular impingement, fractures around the hip and knee, and arthritis of the hip and knee. He attended medical school at The University of Tennessee Health Science Center and received several awards, including the Hubert Trust Scholarship. Dr. Ivie's extensive background includes residency training at the University of Missouri and fellowship training at the Anderson Clinic, Anderson Orthopedic Research Institute in Adult Hip and Knee Arthroplasty and Hip Resurfacing / Total Joint. Professional associations include membership in the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, and the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons. Dr. Ivie is an avid athlete, a previous collegiate football player, state champion in track and field, and the 2001 Bigger Faster Stronger National High School Athlete of the Year. He most enjoys spending time with his wife and two daughters, being actively involved in his church, hunting, running, and obstacle course racing. Anterior total hip replacement (arthroplasty) is done through a small incision on the front of the hip, and allows the surgeon to go between the muscles around the hip instead of cutting them. This muscle sparing, minimally invasive approach to hip replacement allows for patients to be up and moving the same day and have a shortened recovery time, increased mobility, and faster recovery. Below are some common surgeries Dr. Ivie preforms and common conditions he treats: HIP SURGERY Minimally invasive Direct Anterior Hip Replacement Outpatient hip replacement Revision Hip Surgery Hip Arthroscopy - Femoral acetabular impingement, Labral Repair Hip Preservation - Labral Reconstruction, Cartilage Restoration Hip fracture Care Comprehensive care of hip osteoarthritis KNEE SURGERY Minimally invasive Knee Replacement Partial knee replacement Revision Knee Surgery Knee Arthroscopy- treatment of meniscal tears etc. Knee Preservation- High tibial osteotomy, cartilage transplants Comprehensive care of knee osteoarthritis Tennessee Orthopaedic Clinics offers nine locations to better serve you in Knoxville, Oak Ridge, Lenoir City, Crossville, and Sevierville in East Tennessee.

Tennessee Orthopaedic Clinics

9430 Park West Blvd Ste 130

Knoxville, TN 37923

Learn about Dr. Ivie

Dr. Ivie's Experience

Dr. Ivie's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Orthopedic Hip Surgery
  • Orthopedic Knee Surgery

Dr. Ivie does not have any board certifications listed.

• Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Hip Fracture
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh

• Hip Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Hip Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Closed
  • Hip Replacement
  • Hip Replacement Revision
  • Knee Replacement
  • Knee Surgery

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• UNIV OF TN HLTH SCI CTR
    Medical School | Graduated 2009
  • University of Missouri
  • Anderson Ortho Rsch Clin
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Ivie has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Ivie has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Ivie does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ivie and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Ivie's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ivie to family and friends
Dr. Ivie's Performance
in Farragut, TN |
An outstanding physician from the first meeting through the one year recheck. Dr. Ivie offered detailed assessments, options and recommendations for my hip problem. Dr. Ivie thoroughly answered not only the detailed questions that as an engineer I asked, but Dr. Ivie also pressed the replacement hip manufacturer for a detailed metallurgical report, to ensure I should NOT have a potential allergic reaction. No question who I'll seek out if I need my second hip replaced.
in Powell, TN |
I'm so grateful to Dr Ivie. After years of chronic and severe knee pain I am finally pain free. He performed a total knee replacement on me August 8, 2017. I'm amazed at how much I've progressed in just 4 weeks. I feel that I've had excellent care from Dr Ivie and his staff. If you need knee replacement I highly recommend him.
in Etowah,TN |
He is very professional and takes time to answer any questions I may have. He did my hip replacement, and I am very pleased and have done great, with no complications. He is an excellent physician and I highly recommend him! Very pleased with my care.
in Greeneville, TN |
Dr. Ivie is always professional to the point and answered all my questions after he recommended a total knee replacement. The surgery went well. His staff is also very knowledgable and helpful.
Athens, TN |
I have been quite contented with the skill, and the care and manner of attention provided by Dr. Ivie. I have recommended Dr. Ivie to my friends, family and patients, since I am a physician also.
Dr. Ivie was very courteous. He listened to my problem, the pain I was having and after reviewing the x-rays told me what my options were. I decided that a total hip replacement would be to my advantage to be able to continue with the lifestyle I wanted. I was in the hospital just overnight and went home the next day. After just one month, I am pain free. If I do have to have my other hip replaced, I will definitely see Dr Ivie again.
in Powell, TN 37849 |
Dr Ivie and his staff were highly professional and thorough in conducting all phases of my recent hip replacement. Their procedure for preparing my body for the operation and subsequent post operation exercise regimen were exceptional. The actual operation was performed on schedule, went flawlessly, and my recovery was fast and with a minimum of post op pain (which was never an issue).
in Maryville, TN |
Dr. Ivie operated on my wife's left knee that had already been replaced twice before. Her knee was bent so bad she couldn't walk. Dr. Ivie corrected the problem. Recently, she was having severe hip pain. After x rays, it was determined that all she needed was a shot to relieve the pain. Dr. Ivie is an outstanding ortho doctor. He cares about his patients, answers all questions, etc. Only doctor we ever see for ortho care.
in Knoxville, TN |
I knew after reading Dr. Ivie's reviews and after talking to him for only a couple of minutes that he was the guy I wanted to perform my total knee replacement. Dr. Ivie and his nursing staff are very professional and very caring and my surgery and recovery went way better than I could have ever dreamed. My incision was clean with NO INFECTION, drainage or bleeding and I was walking with zero assistance comfortably within 2 weeks. I could not recommend Dr. Ivie more highly!
Knoxville, TN |
Money over patient care. Was at Dr. Ivie's Parkwest office. I didn't have my $45 co-pay. On phone they said no problem but when there the receptionist said " Our policy is we can't see you unless you pay it. We can reschedule you." I then explained my policy. "No don't reschedule." Was there with pain and I am to have bilateral (both) knee replacement = Dr. Ivie lost tens of thousands. He is well aware of the policy and would have signed off on it. Can you imagine post surgery?Glad I found out
in Bristol, TN |
Dr. Ivie replaced my left knee. What I liked about Dr. Ivie, was the fact that he is so knowledgeable and current on all techniques and new replacements/alternatives. Fantastic bed-side manners. He goes above and beyond to thoroughly explain the entire process and what you should expect to both the patient and their families. I had my surgery at ParkWest Hospital and I could not ask for better care.
in Knoxville, TN |
Dr. Ivie performed my hip replacement surgery in July 2016. He was informative about what to expect after surgery and what healing would look like. I breezed through and considering what my pain level had been prior to surgery the healing was an absolute blessing. I have recommended him to any one who asks about a good orthopedic surgeon and will continue to do so. He gave me back my life and I will always be greatful for his honesty and encouragement during and after my surgery.
in Knoxville, TN |
I was very pleased with my visit to TOC to see Dr. Ivey. The staff was professional and helpful. Dr. Ivey was thorough and explained everything in detail from the x-rays he took to the course of treatment he suggested. He explained all my options and which treatment he recommended. I was very pleased and felt informed about my problem. He is fantastic at giving an intraarticilar hip injection. Quick and almost pain free.
Knoxville, TN |
He is awesome and is very compassionate!
in Knoxville, TN |
I have total confidence in Dr. Ivie's surgical ability. My operation went off without the slightest hitch! I find him to be genuinely concerned for his patients.
in Loudon, TN |
Dr. Ivie performed a knee surgery on me. I was extremely please with the treatment and care he gave me before and after my surgery. he resolved my many persistent and nagging injuries I had in my knee. This was the first surgery I ever had so I was reluctant to do the surgery but with the pain free knee I know have to Dr. Ivie I'm very thankful I had the procedure.
Hi Mike, we are very happy to have provided you with such a positive experience!
in Knoxville, TN |
Dr. Ivie and his staff were very professional but, also, very personal with me. They answered all my questions to my satisfaction without hesitation. There were never any doubts on my part that he knew exactly what he was going to do and did. My expectations were exceeded at each stage of the surgery, hospital stay, and recovery. It is most likely that I will have to have a left knee replacement and there is no reason that I would choose to use any other doctor.
in Knoxville, TN |
I have been visiting this office since Dec of 2014 for osteoarthritis in both hips. I have never experienced the level of customer service that this office provides. They are prompt, efficient and friendly. Dr. Ivie replaced both hips, 90 days apart. Each time I went home from the hospital the next morning and recovered quickly, without incident. I was back to a near-normal activity level within 3-4 weeks. Dr. Ivie is very personable and answers questions fully. I recommend him highly.
Maryville, TN |
Dr. Ivie is an excellent surgeon, very articulate in explaining procedure, great bedside manners. Up to date on the latest technology. I had anterior total hip replacement, recovery has been a breeze.
in Knoxville, TN |
Dr.Ivie was informative about the procedure and how long healing would take. With his advice I elected to have a local which I feel helped the healin process. Dr.Ivies team provided support through the whole process and were easily accessible. Katie , Monica and Adrienne were super helpful with all questions.
in Harriman,Tn. |
Fromfirst appointment to the last it was a very good experience. I would certainly recommend Dr. Ivie to family and friends.
Betty M., we really appreciate your positive review!
in Knoxville, TN |
Dr. Ivie did and wonderful job with my knee replacement. He took a lot of time explaining the procedure and answering all our questions.
Krista Mcneil, we are so pleased you enjoyed your visit to Conrad B. Ivie, M.D.!
in Oliver Springs, TN |
Dr. Ivie recently performed a total hip replacement. I'm now 6 days out from the surgery and I'm amazed at how little pain there is in the hip. I'd recommend Dr. Ivie to anyone needing any kind of joint surgery.
in Knoxville, TN |
Dr. Ivie did an amazing job on my Total Hip Replacement. I had my other hip done in 2009 with the anterior approach and my recovery was good I thought. But after Dr. Ivie did my other hip a few weeks ago I was amazed at my recovery time and the lack of pain. I was walking the same day and walking without a cane in 10 days. I would highly recommend Dr. Ivie to anyone who is in need of a hip replacement.
in Lenoir City, TN |
Dr. Ivie is knowledgeable and kind. He takes the time to explain procedures and probably outcome to each person. Good surgeon.
in Sevierville, TN |
Highly qualified excellent surgeon. I had total hip replacement...Dr. Ivie used (in my opinion) the most up-to-date surgical procedures. I actually stood and walked after awakening in the recovery room...astonishing.
in Knoxville, TN |
Dr Ivie explains things so that I understood each step of my surgery and recovery. He's very kind and intelligent. I appreciate the level of professionalism he exhibits. I highly recommend him!
in Knoxville TN |
Dr. Ivie replaced my left hip by anterior method in November 2016. I used a walker for about three days and a cane for two weeks. I am very glad I had Dr. Ivie perform this surgery. I would recommend him to anyone needing this type of procedure.
Knoxville, TN |
Dr. Ivie was great. Told me exactly what I needed and we went with it. As I had a labrum tear in my left hip that no other physician identified until Dr. Ivie. I felt that he wanted what was best for me. He gave me options like a full hip replacement or a repair and gave me time to research and decide what would benifit me.
in Knoxville, TN |
I choose Dr. Ivie after consulting with other Doctors in different groups for several reasons. The office staff was consistent cheerful, friendly and welcoming. Dr. Ivie had taken the time to thoroughly review my case before the appointment and came in with well considered recommendations and delivered them with absolutely no pressure. I especially appreciate the fact that he always take ample time to talk with me and answer all questions.
in Knoxville , TN |
Dr. Ivie has done a labral tear repair on both of my hips. He didn't let me rush into it unprepared, which is a big deal with hip surgery. My results have been great. The staff is helpful and patient... and I'm a terrible patient when I'm in pain. Also, I can email them for help, so easy.
in Knoxville, TN |
I was extremely pleased with the two "total anterior" hip replacements I received from Dr. Conrad Ivie. I had the left hip replaced in April, 2016 and the right in November, 2016. I only stayed one night in the hospital each time and was walking (with a walker) on the day of surgery. I was using a cane by week two. He is an outstanding doctor and I recommend him highly! He is one of only a few who use this exciting new procedure (Anterior Hip Replacement). I am 70 years old if that is useful.
Thank you, Mary Pitts, for reaching out to us. Your opinion plays an integral part in our customer service.
in Lenoir City, TN |
Met Dr. Ivie after I experienced a fall and started having hip pain. His recommendation was to have a total hip replacement to permanently fix the problem. He and his staff were very professional, wise and caring. I've was able to leave the hospital after surgery with no pain medicine and was able to drive and go back to work after two weeks. I would definitely recommend family and friends to TOC and to Dr. Ivie!
Thank you very much for sharing these comments, Margaret Groce.
in Athens, TN |
I am 73 years old and served 26 years in the Navy. In my lifetime I have been served by dozens of doctors in 14 states and 6 foreign countries. It is hard to pick the very best, but if Dr. Ivie is not the very best he certainly is in the top 3! His knowledge, sharing, and caring are the very best...non better! His staff follows his example and have a passion for the well being of the patient. I can't imagine that Dr. Ivie's own parents or best friends would be treated any better than I was.
in Knoxville, TN |
My interactions with Dr. Ivie were excellent. My surgery went amazing and I can say it has been years since my hip felt this good.
in Knoxville, TN |
Dr. Ivie and his Team have been amazing. They have answered all of my questions, treated me with respect and always had an open line of communication. I highly recommend Dr. Ivie and his Team.
in Crossville, TN |
Had both knees replaced. Was in horrible pain before then, absolutely pain free now! Best decision ever made!
in Johnson City, TN |
My hip was so bad I could barely walk. Local doctor could not do surgery for 3 months. Contacted Dr. Ivie's office, within days I had a surgery date in 3 weeks. Dr Ivie is knowledgeable, explains everything and is a great surgeon. My hip replacement healed perfect and I can walk normally now.
Hi Ellen! Thank you for sharing your experience!
in Knoxville, TN |
Dr. Ivie was informative and professional. My surgery went perfectly. I was off stronger medication within a week. Walker got in my way (moving very well). No infection - wound healed well. I am sensitive to medications and he listened. What he ordered worked well for me. Thank you doctor Ivie!
Eva Strange, thank you for leaving this detailed feedback about your experience with Conrad B. Ivie, M.D..
in Maryville, TN |
Dr. Ivie was recommended to me by my PCP and she was right on the spot. He was passionate and very understanding. Talked with me, not down to me. Explained the procedure and what to expect. Two weeks after the hip replacement and I was back at work and no longer in pain and limping. I would highly recommend Dr. Ivie and the anterior hip replacement for anyone who is in need of getting rid of the hip pain. I lived with it too long and can't believe how great it feels now.
Hi! Thank you for sharing your experience with Dr. Ivie and Tennessee Orthopaedic Clinics!
in Maryville, TN |
After many years of going to an orthopedic dr in Maryville and remaining in extreme pain with my right hip. Being told I was to young for hip replacement and/or I needed to lose weight. Well it's pretty hard to exercise when you have a hip joint that is bone on bone. I decided to try another dr. I found Dr Ivie on google. That was the best day of my life. Within two weeks I had surgery. I had no problems whatsoever. He is an amazing physican an I will recommend him to everyone. God Bless him.
Glad to hear you are doing well!
in Knoxville, TN |
Dr. Ivie is a very sincere caring doctor that goes out of his way to ensure his patients are taking care of. He spends the time to determine the issues and is very knowledgeable in helping. He is on top of the latest techniques. My hip surgery recovery has been great thanks to his knowledge of the newer surgery techniques. I would highly, and have, recommend Dr. Ivie to anyone needing his services.
David Pearson, thank you for leaving this detailed feedback about your experience with Conrad B. Ivie, M.D..
in Spring City, TN |
He was caring and understanding. He has a calming personality andgave me a great feeling of confidence in his ability. My hip surgery went well. Rehab has been easy and I no longer have any pain in the leg.
Thank you very much for sharing these comments, Judith Logan.
in Madisonville, TN |
I had confidence in Dr. Ivie after reviewing his credentials and my first visit with him. His confidence and pleasant personality were of importance to me in choosing a surgeon for my hip replacement.
in Lenoir City, TN |
Great care from Dr. Ivey! Would totally recommend him to ALL my family and friends!
Knoxville, TN |
Dr Ivie is a very talented surgeon and is always courteous and professional. I had a somewhat emergency surgery performed by Dr Ivie and his staff at Park West Hospital and Tenn Ortho Clinic were friendly and encouraging and made me as comfortable as possible throughout the experience. I will recommend others to Dr Ivie and Park West.
in Knoxville, TN |
Having a full hip replacement at age 40 was very discouraging. Dr. Ivie and his staff did an excellent job of explaining the procedure and answering all my questions and putting my mind at ease regarding the operation. From the initial consultation to the surgery and the follow up Dr. Ivie was very professional and I couldn't have asked for anything more considering the situation. I would highly recommend Dr. Ivie and his staff to anyone that is considering a hip replacement surgery.
Knoxville, TN |
Absolutely top notch knowledge, care and efficiency. My 58 year old son needed a total knee replacement and was not getting the care he needed until we found Dr Ivie and the staff at TOC. They were wonderful. They listened to our needs and moved quickly to get him the care he needed. The results are great. He had his follow up appointment days before the other doctor would even schedule his surgery. My son along with all the family are very satisfied. I highly recommend DR Ivie
in Maryville, TN |
Dr. Ivie is incredible. He repaired my shattered tibia and replaced my knee do to bring knocked down by two big dogs. He visited me in the hospital daily and helped get my insurance approval up to the day of surgery. Would highly recommend him.
in Loudon, TN |
left hip total replacement was completed with the minimum of pain and loss of mobility. Recovery was without incident.
Have you seen Dr. Conrad Ivie, MD?

Visit Dr. Ivie