Neuropsychiatry (Psychiatry)  |
Dr. Colleen Blanchfield, MD
Dr. Colleen Blanchfield, MD is a neuropsychiatry (psychiatry) doctor who practices in Reston, VA. She is 59 years old and has been practicing for 32 years.

11490 Commerce Park Dr Ste 420

Reston, VA 20191

Learn about Dr. Blanchfield

Dr. Blanchfield's Experience

Dr. Blanchfield's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neuropsychiatry (Psychiatry)
  • Board certified in Psychiatry

• Neuropsychiatry (Psychiatry)

• Psychiatry
    Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Psychiatric Diseases

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• St George's University
    Medical School | Graduated 1985

Dr. Blanchfield has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Blanchfield does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Blanchfield and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Blanchfield's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Blanchfield to family and friends
3.6
Dr. Blanchfield's Performance
    GOOD
Alexandria, VA |
I was referred to her by another of her patient's and I have been thrilled with her scientific approach and professional compassion. She has always explained her rationale but never been condescending. When I asked about therapy she said " We need to get your chemistry balanced so that therapy can have a chance". As soon as I was stabilized on my medications she insisted that I start therapy.
Arlington, VA |
She is the worst kind of psychiatrist. She is arrogant and thinks that drugs, not therapy are the solution to any mental health disorders. She prescribed Adderall to my mother who is bipolar, despite my mothers protestations because she had previously been on this drug and it totally destabilized her. This lead my mother from a place where she was in a mild depressive state to completely suicidal and erratic. Dr. B refused to accept it was the drugs and would not take any responsibility.
in Vienna, VA |
Dr. Blanchfield is unlike any other Psychiatrist I have been treated by. I have had a long history of needing medical care for my condition and it was hard to find a medicine that works for me. I began seeing Dr. B 5 years ago when I had gone off my medicine and it was a rocky road. I have been stable now for over 2 years and it was through many sessions of trial and finally success that I feel myself again. I cannot say enough about her comprehensive approach to mental health care.
Have you seen Dr. Colleen Blanchfield, MD?
Are you Dr. Blanchfield?