Dr. Colin Rock, MD

Pain Medicine •  Male

Dr. Rock

University of Michigan Health System

1500 E Medical Center Dr Spc 5048 Ann Arbor, MI 48109

Dr. Colin Rock, MD is a pain medicine specialist in Ann Arbor, MI. He specializes in pain medicine.

Dr. Rock's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Rock

3.2

Dr. Rock?
Dr. Rock's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Colin Rock, MD
Have been going here for the past 1.5 years seeing Dr Rock for the first visit and then his PA afterwards. The first procedure went ok and afterwards I needed it done again 6 months later (nerve radio oblation). The second time did not go as well, as the nurses in pre op seemed rushed to get me prepared and once I was taken back the procedure was started. A short time after starting I woke up with needles still I'm my cervical spine and them yelling at me to stay still. Dr. Rock, still continued the procedure even after I told him what he was doing was causing extreme pain. It was not till my legs came up off the bed when he stopped and let the anesthesiologist try and find another vein to out a IV in as the first one was not done right. It took 4 more attempts for him to get a line in and put me back under. After coming out of it no one said a word as to what happened nor apologized. Not knowing any other Pain Docs I stayed and after speaking to Dr Rocks PA I decided to contin
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Colin Rock, MD?
I have seen Dr Rock 3 times in the last year, staff is always very professional. ALWAYS! I show up on time every time and seen within minutes of my appointment. Dr Rock answers my questions and we talk about my issues, he makes recommendations and explains the reasons for those recommendations. I have complete confidence in Dr Rock. Thanks to Dr Rock my condition is going in the right direction.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Colin Rock, MD?
I had been seeing a pain specialist since 2016 at the referral of a surgeon who fused my neck. I was very happy with the results of my neck surgery so I had complete confidence that the pain specialist now for my back could help me. Boy was I wrong. Misdiagnosed for 3 years and treated with narcotics and injections to a herniated disc never helped. After a final visit to the surgeon who said my insurance company pays less than Medicare, so he refused to treat me, I desperately called the clinic Dr. Rock works at completely random. One visit to Dr. Rock and he properly diagnosed me with Sacroilliac Joint Dysfunction and sent me to physical therapy. My second visit I was set up with the amazing PA James who was also extremely knowledgeable, competent and friendly with my millions of questions. To top it all off, the staff here on my two visits were very efficient so I really do not know what some of these posts are all about but I only have good things to say about this clinic.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Colin Rock, MD?
Dr Rock is knowledgeable, friendly & takes time to explain your condition & treatment. I think he is amazing!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Colin Rock, MD?
Dr. Rock office staff is horrific! If could give a zero stars would be more appropriate. Dr. Rock staff was advised after waiting on hold for 40 minutes. My family and care giver have documented this incident and will now be escalated filing a formal complaint with the AMA against Dr. Colin Rock due to his complete lack of care. "If you are in that much pain go to the ER." Instead of being able to handle this matter professionally or apologize for having to come back to his office! F AILED!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Colin Rock, MD?
He has changed my life. Transformed me from a person with disabling back problems to a person who can stand, exercise, sleep without muscle spasms or pain. He gave me hope that he could help. He has exceeded my expectations. More than that, his manner is so professional, courteous, and kind. He is so confident and friendly that he puts you at ease. This is not only a competent, compassionate doctor but an excellent practitioner of the medical arts. He has my complete trust and faith now.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Colin Rock, MD?
Dr. Rock is a. very caring and more than competent professional. I travel a great distance to see him because he is worth It! It is important to have a Dr. I can trust.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Colin Rock, MD?
Poor everything! I was a new patient and was to get Lumbar Injections with anesthetic. He didn't advise me or even ask before he decided not to give any anesthetic. I reported him to Nevada Licensing and so wish I could do more to expose him. Without warning as to the shock & pain that transpired, I can still hear myself screaming as he thrust the injection instrument into the spinal area. He betrayed my trust as well as the medical ethics that we as patients depend on. Shame on you Colin Rock
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Colin Rock, MD?
Dr Rock took the time to understand my complex medical conditions and work with me to find solutions to my pain.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Colin Rock, MD?
Dr. Colin Rock helped me with my chronic back pain with minimal invasive RFD procedures. He is pleasant to talk to. I have complete confidence in his judgement as my doctor. I trust his knowledge. His office staff is great. I would recommend him to anyone with chronic pain issues.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Colin Rock, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Rock?

• Pain Medicine

• Anesthesiology
  • Pain Medicine

Dr. Rock accepts

Dr. Rock accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Michigan

Spine

Spine specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the bones of the spine, including degenerative spine disease, herniated discs, stenosis, and fractured vertebrae, with treatments including medication, physical therapy, and surgery.

TreatmentsTreatment Frequency

Herniated Disc

Dr. Rock treats Herniated Disc more than 96% of their peers

Dr. Rock treats this condition more than 96% of their peers

Pain Management

Pain management specialists diagnose and treat pain and pain-related conditions through procedures including medication, electrical stimulation, physical therapy, and alternative therapies such as acupuncture.

TreatmentsTreatment Frequency

• Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spondylosis
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Upper Back Pain

University of Michigan Health System1500 E Medical Center Dr Spc 5048 Ann Arbor, MI 48109
Nevada Comprehensive Pain Center1655 W HORIZON RIDGE PKWY Henderson, NV 89012