Dr. Colin Chan, MD

Family Medicine | Male

Westcoast Primary Care 12450 Roosevelt Blvd N Ste 101 St Petersburg, FL 33716 Get Directions
Dr. Colin Chan, MD
Dr. Chan brings a holistic approach to patient care. Board Certified by the American Board of Family Medicine, College of Family Physicians of Canada, American Board of Anti-Aging and Regenerative Medicine, and formally trained in Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture for many years. He is also an expert in Bio-Identical Hormone therapy for men and women. Patients under his care are provided with a personalized and comprehensive approach to optimize their health and wellness.

Dr. Chan's Care Philosophy

We use a personalized approach to every person we treat and focus on restoring health and wellness by considering individual genetic factors with a strong focus on improving lifestyle factors and using natural medicines, bio-identical hormones, and prescriptions medicines when necessary.

Dr. Chan's Experience

See how Dr. Chan's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Chan

Dr. Chan accepts 15 insurance carriers

Dr. Chan is now accepting new patients
    Dr. Colin Chan12450 Roosevelt Blvd N Ste 101
    St Petersburg, FL 33716
    (727) 571-1688Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Chan has admitting privileges.

Dr. Chan's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Chan to family and friends
    4.1
    Dr. Chan Says:

For any concerns please contact our office at 727-571-1688, so that we may help to improve your medical care and satisfaction.

Dr. Chan's Performance
    in St Petersburg, FL |
    Dr Chan is an amazing doctor. He is very well educated, especially in hormone balancing. I went to Dr Chan after 2 other doctors failed to balance my hormones after a total thyroidectomy. Dr Chan worked with me, balancing my medications as well as my diet to get me to where I am today. I finally feel great! If you are not called to the back to see Dr Chan on time, it is because he sits and listens to his patients. I know I want him to do the same with me, so I am OK with the wait.
    in Clearwater FL |
    I was diagnosed with lupus and told that I would become permanently disabled. Thankfully I was unwilling to accept that dx. Through aggressive research I found Dr Chan. Not only do I not have lupus but Dr Chan literally fixed everything that was wrong with me. It took a little less than one year, frequent appointments and a supplement regimen but I feel better than ever.
    in Trinity, Fl |
    I have been seeing Dr. Chan for almost two years. He is outstanding !
    in St Petersburg, FL |
    Dr. Colin Chan is professional, respectful and knowledgeable. My husband and myself have gone to Dr. Chan for over 4 years. He takes time and gives his full attention to his patients.
    in St Petersburg, FL |
    Dr. Chan is brilliant, considerate, and combines regular medicine with alternative treatments to give you everything you need. I have been a patient for several years and am always satisfied with my treatment and results. Everyone I have referred are very pleased. I am grateful to have found my forever doctor and won't go anywhere else!
    in St Petersburg, FL |
    An office to be thankful for. Dr. Chan combines traditional and alternative medicine to get us healthy and keep us healthy. We required a couple of referrals to specialists, who speak very highly of him. For blood, we’re “hard sticks,” and Frances is a pro. Our veins are grateful. Christina is always update and helps us, even on short notice, like when I needed “same day” medical records. Angela is efficient at keeping our records current, and getting clear about what our needs with Dr. Cha
    Boca Raton, FL |
    Dr. Chan helped me get back into a better place after I could see my body getting worse over the past 8 years. Since I became a patient last year I started on his hormone program. My energy is now much higher and I was finally able to lose the 15 lbs I was struggling with. He is the best doctor I have ever seen and has great bedside manner and really listens and cares. It's worth it for me to drive 3 1/2 hours to see him. He has wonderful office staff as well.
    in Seminole, FL |
    I've never been in a doctor's office where all the staff were this warm, friendly and helpful. Dr Chan is a very detailed, thorough doctor. He researches right on the spot to give you the best medical advice. He takes time to go over lab results and makes sure all your concerns and questions are answered.
    in St Petersburg, FL |
    Dr. Chan has transformed my life! Before I saw him I was always tired and nothing I did seemed to help. I was taking 6 prescription medications from my internist and other specialists. Dr. Chan taught me how to live a healthier lifestyle that makes sense, and over the past 2 years was able to get me off 5 of my medications and replace them with natural hormones and a few important supplements. I lost 20 lbs and feel and look younger again. I will continue to refer my family and friends.
    in Tampa, FL |
    Office experience was great. The new receptionist is very nice and made my check in process very pleasant. Only waited 10 minutes and was quickly brought in to see the doctor. He is wonderful, really listens and did a better exam than my previous experiences with other doctors. He found a problem that had been missed by my other doctors and now I am thankful it's been taken care of before it became more of a problem.
    Pinellas Park, FL |
    Dr Colin Chan is a wonderful doctor that really cares about his patients. Very Respectful, Professional and Knowledgeable.
    in St Petersburg, FL |
    Very knowledgeable. Always smile. Very good experience.
    in St Petersburg, FL |
    Rate MD scores Dr. Chan #3 of 349 Family Doctors / G.P.s in St. Petersburg, Florida. Doesn't that say something? After my second visit, I knew I found someone special who cares and has the knowledge to treat my issues correctly. I did an extensive research first before choosing Dr Chan so with that said, you can trust this man to take good care of you! The staff are great and know how to treat you as a patient.
    Tampa, FL |
    Dr Chan is brilliant man. He delivers a positive approach to health in a negative industry. Well done Dr. Chan and much gratitude to you sir.
    in St Petersburg, FL |
    Dr. Chan is one of the most knowledgeable doctors I have seen. He looks at the body as a whole and its chemistry. He is an advocate of alternative and natural medicine and he is well connected with the best specialists in Florida.
    in St Petersburg, FL |
    I was referred to Dr Chan by a doctor friend of ours because our daughter is adult autistic and things were getting bad. I was honestly afraid to try a new doctor because of possibly traumatizing her more with evasive testing... He listens, he is extremely knowledgable and he put her on a treatment course that I am already seeing improvement. I had never heard of the plan of action we are using. I am so impressed that my husband and I are transferring to him as our PCP.
    in Largo, FL |
    Dr. Chan and his office has been taking great care of both my husband and myself for many years. I am most impressed with his ability to offer us great advice and not just prescribe pills. He is very always gives us his full attention and we leave feeling better for it.
    in Pinellas Park, FL |
    Dr. Chan has helped me like no doctor was able to. I was having health problems that were not getting much better despite my previous doctors trying. I saw specialists and was put on different medications. Dr. Chan looked at everything and confidently told me he could help me get better. I have been following his treatment plan for the past year now and feel much better than in the past 5 years. He's a wonderful healer and great listener. I highly recommend him.
    in Seminole, FL |
    Extremely helpful and knowledgable. I've been going to West Coast Primary Care for years. Extremely satisfied with service.
    in St Petersburg |
    His office extorted me for extra payments my insurance had already made, and when I questioned it they said they were unable to refund me even though they were able to see that they'd been paid for duplicate charges. I was told that if I didn't pay them the extra payments that I couldn't see a doctor. Extortion. Then they sent me a prescription for depo shot without the pre loaded syringe or a prescription for syringe. How do i take meds that need be injected with no way to inject them? Horrible
    St Petersburg, FL |
    Dr Chan admitted insulin dependent diabetic to hospital with NO medication orders, and refused to return calls from the nursing staff, as well as from the patient's spouse. Disgracefully poor patient care or concern for the patient.
    Have you seen Dr. Colin Chan, MD?
    Are you Dr. Chan?

Dr. Chan says...

Dr. Chan brings a holistic approach to patient care.  Board Certified by the American Board of Family Medicine, College of Family Physicians of Canada, American Board of Anti-Aging and Regenerative Medicine, and formally trained in Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture for many years.   He is also an expert in Bio-Identical Hormone therapy for men and women.

Dr. Chan's Care Philosophy

Dr. Chan says...

Bio-Identical Hormones for menopause, andropause hypothyroidism, Hashimotos thyroiditis, adrenal disorders, chronic fatigue, disorders associated with aging.

Dr. Chan says...

Dr. Chan's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Family Medicine
    •  Board certified in Family Practice
    •  Board actions found

Board Action

Dr. Chan has 1 board action

• Pre-signing Prescriptions (11/22/2016)
      • Action Taken: Agreed Order with Terms and Conditions
      • Summary: Please reference the following Document
      • Documentation: Download here (PDF)
      • State: Florida

Why It Matters: Dr. Chan's Board Certifications

• Family Practice

• COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
    • Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
    • Infectious Diseases
    • Injuries
    • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
    • Menopause
    • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
    • Substance Abuse

Completed in 2008

Florida Institute Of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture

Completed in 2002

• Cantonese

Dr. Chan does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Chan and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Age Management Medicine