Dr. Cody Harlan, MD

Orthopedic Surgery ·  Male · Age 47

46 Reviews

Dr. Cody Harlan, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Kansas City, MO and has been practicing for 13 years. He specializes in orthopedic surgery and orthopedic sports medicine.

Kansas City Center for Hip Preservation & Sports Medicine

New Patient?

Patient Booking Open

Our after hours patient concierge is open and ready to help you get started.

Dr. Harlan accepts

Dr. Harlan accepts the following insurance:

American Enterprise Group
Preferred Care Blue PPO
Commercial Insurance Company
CoreSource
Coventry Health Care
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
Medicaid
Medico
PHP-Physicians Health Plan
Tricare
TriCare for Life
Universal American

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Missouri

Check Dr. Harlan's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Harlan's Top Procedures and Conditions

Hip Arthroscopy

Dr. Harlan performs Hip Arthroscopy more than 91% of his peers

Dr. Harlan performs this procedure more than 91% of his peers

Enthesopathy of Hip (incl. Trochanteric Bursitis)

Dr. Harlan treats Enthesopathy of Hip (incl. Trochanteric Bursitis) more than 65% of his peers

Dr. Harlan treats this condition more than 65% of his peers

Dr. Harlan's conditions and procedures:

• ACL Surgery
  • Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) Injuries
  • Arthroscopic Shoulder Surgery
  • Arthroscopy
  • Baker’s Cyst
  • Carpal Tunnel Release
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Hip Arthroscopy
  • Runner's Knee
  • Shoulder Surgery
  • Shoulder Tendinitis and Tenosynovitis
  • Sports Medicine Surgery

Our care philosophy is simple....we listen, we care.  Unfortunately, modern medicine has not evolved with your valuable time and resources in mind.  Too often a visit to the doctor can mean long waits in the waiting room followed by a ...

• Orthopedic Sports Medicine

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Harlan

Dr. Harlan?
Dr. Harlan's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Cody Harlan, MD
After being diagnosed with a labral tear 5 years ago I was told by several orthopedic surgeons in the KC area that there was nothing they could do. I had excruciating pain for all of these years and I just couldn’t take it anymore so I decided to look into finding another orthopedic surgeon that would give me his opinion. After very thorough research I came across Dr. Cody Harlan and I decided to make an appointment to see what he suggested. Dr. Harlan, along with his amazing nurse, had the best bedside manner I’ve ever seen, and I am a nurse so I’ve seen my fair share. Dr. Harlan was extremely thorough and told me, after viewing my tests, that I had FAI, and that’s what caused my tear, and that he could do arthroscopic surgery to alleviate the pain I was having. Right now I am 2 weeks post op and having surgery was the best decision I’ve ever made. I have to have my right side done and will without hesitation. I will finally be able to run again pain free. Thanks Dr Harlan!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Cody Harlan, MD?
I was the healthiest and most active I had ever been when one day I started puking & could not digest food. I lost 1/4 of my weight to nausea. My abdominal pain continued for 3 years. My instinct was that I needed surgery deep in my groin. My diagnosis was one of elimination: 1st: appendectomy. 2nd: Expert Excision of Endometriosis. 3rd: Hysterectomy and Rt. Ovary: No Relief. None. I felt hopeless. It was not until a Pelvic Floor PT discovered instability on my right side that any health professional said the word "HIP". My extensive care team had never looked at my bones. Dr. Harlan knew my problem and fixed my FAI and torn labrum confidently. For my complete relief!! I have had a hip impingement for the last 30 years & never knew the pains were abnormal. It was age 4-0 & exercise that pushed it to a crisis point. I've learned impingement masks itself as groin, abdominal, leg or buttocks pain. I hope sharing my story will save you a few surgeries...and organs!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Cody Harlan, MD?
Right hip arthroscopic surgery went well. So well in fact, that I scheduled left hip surgery for next month. Recovery was easier and less painful then the internet leads you to believe. I’m so glad the 4th surgeon I saw recommended I see Dr. Harlan. It took me 3-4 years to get this issue taken care of and I’m thankful I am now on the road to recovery. My family Dr now has a great hip surgeon to recommend to other patients needing the same care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Cody Harlan, MD?
Dr. Harlan repaired both of my hips. He is confident and knows exactly how to help. He was able to diagnose me in one visit after I wasted a year trying to find answers. I am pain free and am able to run and exercise again. I am so grateful for answers and being able to live an active and healthy lifestyle with no hip pain. Highly recommend Dr. Harlan and love his staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Cody Harlan, MD?
I have referred several family and friends to Dr Harlan! He is a great doctor!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Cody Harlan, MD?
Dr Cody Harlan is a true professional and very knowledgeable doctor! I’m a professional athlete and I tore my ACL during a game . I was doubtful that I would play again but with surgery going great and his advice I’m on the field stronger than ever! I highly recommend Dr Cody Harlan and his front office is amazing !
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Cody Harlan, MD?
I saw Dr. Harlan for hip pain that I have had for 10+ years. After seeing many doctors I was finally referred to him who was able to diagnose me almost immediately. My health insurance denied my surgery 2 times and Dr. Harlan took the time to call my insurance directly in order to get the surgery approved. I am now 3 weeks out from surgery and my pre-operative pain is completely gone. He is compassionate, caring, respectful, knowledgeable, and confident. I would highly recommend Dr. Harlan.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Cody Harlan, MD?
Dr Harlan came referred to me from my pcp for an issue with my shoulder. Went in to see him where he confirmed torn rotator cuff. He promptly scheduled surgery where he found a slap tear in my bicep he fixed both at the same time. A year later we found out I was having issues with my knee I of course went back to Cody where we setup to have partial knee replacement. I now know my knees are getting worse and of course Cody will be the dr to do the work. I appreciate all the work he has done.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Cody Harlan, MD?
Dr Cody Harlan a highly esteemed physician working in cutting edge technology. He performed (2) Biomet Vanguard knee replacement’s on me. He has not lost the importance of communication between physician and patient. To listen, comfort, diagnose and to listen again. X-rays and MRI’s are ordered prior to scheduling an appt. Place of surgery- Out Patient clinic,”Total Joint Center of the Northland, one on one care 6 beds. Post-op communication with head nurse 24/7 Thank U Dr.Harlan Amazing staff!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Cody Harlan, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Harlan through another orthopedic physician, and I have had the best surgical experience with him. He was thorough, and paid close attention to what was important to me, as well as what was prudent to my diagnosis. As an RN, having a doctor with a good bedside manner AND the knowledge of Dr. Harlan is rare. If I have any more issues, I will definitely return to him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Cody Harlan, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Harlan?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Harlan treats patients.

North Kansas City Hospital