Dr. Clifford Jeng, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryMaleAge 54

301 Saint Paul St Lbby Level Baltimore, MD 21202

Dr. Clifford Jeng, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Baltimore, MD and has over 28 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Jeng has more experience with Ankle & Foot Surgery than other specialists in his area. He graduated from Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine medical school in 1993. He is affiliated with Mercy Medical Center. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Jeng to book an appointment.

Compare with other Orthopedic Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Jeng with our nearby Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at University of Maryland Medical System.

Make an appointment at University of Maryland Medical System today at (410) 280-7292.

These providers are on the medical staff of University of Maryland Medical System.

Dr. Jeng's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Jeng

4.5

Dr. Jeng

BEWARE!!!! He’s rude! He’s condescending, he has no bedside manners, his office takes forever to call you back! His staff is not friendly, very unprofessional, and incompetent! Highly disappointed and dissatisfied! This ”doctor” Jeng proceeded to tell me that he could not do any operation on my ankle that was collapsing, for at least three months… All because my father, who drove me all the way to my appointment, which was an hour away, decided to smoke one cigarette in the car with me while the windows were down. This caused Jeng to “smell cigarette smoke“ and deny me any operations for at least three months! I do not smoke so why would I wait three months?!?!? I do not recommend him or his office for anything! They got a big F!!!! In my book!!! If I could give a “0 star rating” I would!!!!! This website would not let me say how I really felt!!!
Eddie v – Oct 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Clifford Jeng, MD?
I went to see Dr Jeng for a second operation on my right ankle which had been operated on a year before. I had broken it in 3 areas. My tibia and fibula was not healing correctly and some on the pins were coming loose. The first doctor told me the only solution to correct this would be fusing my ankle. When I saw Dr Jeng he was very understanding and listened to my concerns. He totally repaired my ankle and helped the two bones heal properly aligned and fixed my Achilles heel. He also added extra ligament to strengthen the area . . He is very understanding and compassionate. Dr Jeng was always patient and answered any questions I may have had .
Francisca Traino – Feb 18, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Clifford Jeng, MD?
Making the trip to see Dr. Clifford Jeng was well worth the 120 miles each way. Prior to my surgery, I was unable to walk reliably without experiencing sudden sharp pain in my ankle. After my surgery, I became a Professional Tour Guide and some days walk 10-13 miles. Dr. Clifford Jeng is a excellent communicator shown through his explanation of the problem, the recommended surgery, the expected recovery, and the follow up. He never left an appointment without being certain I had no further questions. Thank you for giving me my active lifestyle back!
Doris – Dec 31, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Clifford Jeng, MD?
Dr. Jeng is a fabulous doctor in every way. His skills as surgeon are outstanding (I was blessed to have him do my ankle replacement) and he is very personable and answers all your questions (and I had a lot) thoroughly and politely. I broke my left ankle in May 2018, and went to a different doctor. That doctor said to let the break heal on its on. I never was able to walk on that ankle again. Someone referred me to Mercy Hospital, where I met Dr. Jeng. He said that he would have fixed it so that it would have healed properly. Unfortunately, I had severe arthritis in that ankle, and the break forced me to having ankle replacement. My tibia was shifted forward about 1.5 cm from the center of my talus which put additional strain on the ankle joint and the bones and ligaments below that joint in my foot. On Feb. 11th (7.5 weeks ago), Dr. Jeng did the ankle replacement and corrected the tibia shift so that is is centered over the talus. Now I am walking well thanks to Dr. Jeng.
Mark C – Mar 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Clifford Jeng, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Jeng to anyone who needs excellent, quality foot care. He is very thorough and explains in detail everything you need to know about your situation. He always asks if you have any questions. You never feel like you are just a number. He's never rushing or pushing you out to get to the next patient. He genuinely cares about each patient and it shows. He did major surgery on my foot and I can honestly say he prepared me completely and did an excellent job on my surgery. A+
Jane Stephey in Waynesboro, PA – Jul 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Clifford Jeng, MD?
Urgent appointments not welcomed. Not very accommodating. Rude and office incompetent staff. I would never go back to this facility again.
Feb 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Clifford Jeng, MD?
I took my daughter to see Dr. Jeng for a second opinion after seeing a doctor from WOS. Dr. Jeng was excellent and did such a very thorough job studying the X-ray and MRI. He took his time and explained everything to us and put my daughter at ease form the minute he step in the room. Although we had to drive to Baltimore from DC it was 100% worth the trip!! If you have a foot or ankle issue he is the doctor to see. He also takes insurance which the other dr did not!
Bethesda, MD – Aug 21, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Clifford Jeng, MD?
Excellent doctor and staff!
Tom in Ocean City maryland – Jun 29, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Clifford Jeng, MD?
I think Dr. Jeng is a miracle worker! His expertise has allowed me to do three mile fast walks three months after surgery for a bimalleolar fracture of my left ankle. I knew exactly what to expect and Dr. Jeng's explanations made this traumatic situation feel less daunting.
Leslie Roche in Millington, Maryland – Jun 06, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Clifford Jeng, MD?
Dr Jeng seems very nice and I'm sure he is very knowledgeable, but over the 7 months I saw him with regularity as a patient I waited close to 2 hours for every appointment and found that he would never spend time explaining my injury and treatment options, etc. He somehow wouldn't even answer the most direct of questions, I switched to a different doctor and am happy I did so.
Rebecca in Baltimore, MD – Apr 03, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Clifford Jeng, MD?
I had ankle fusion surgery December 2015. I put off having the surgery for years. When I saw Dr. Jeng he told me he could help me and he did. I was pain free from the moment of surgery and after five months recovery, as told, I am back to work. I am very glad I had the surgery and was pleased with Dr. Jeng as a doctor and his bedside manner!
Glen Burnie, MD 21061 – Jul 25, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Clifford Jeng, MD?
11 years ago I went to see Dr. Jeng, for terrible pain stemming from a high ankle sprain. He looked at my Ex-rays, and said he sees nothing, and maybe my pain was a psychological problem. Went to Hershey Medical to get a second opinion, diagnosed with level 4 R.S.D.. My pain was real, just a miss-informed Doctor! 3 pain management institutions, have agreed with my diagnoses at Hershey. Dr. Jeng is a good example of why R.S.D. Is so mis-diagnosed, and patients who have this disease feel helpless!
Chris Michael in Gettysburg, PA – Jun 02, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Clifford Jeng, MD?
I found Dr. Jeng 3 years ago after a Fairfax, VA surgeon implied the ongoing pain in my ankles was in my head. By that time I had 2 years of repeated ankle sprains. Even though he hasn't gotten me running again, I highly recommend him. He listens & makes reasonable suggestions. He does talk too much, so go early before he gets too far behind. :-) What he hasn't done is treat me like I'm just a crazy woman. That is priceless & worth the drive from VA.
A Wilkerson in Lorton, VA – Apr 20, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Clifford Jeng, MD?
Dr. Jeng saved my ankle from amputation! I broke my ankle in March of 2010. After 8 surgeries by 3 different surgeons the ankle bones still had not fused together when I was referred to Dr. Jeng. He proposed a different procedure and answered all my questions without making me feel rushed. He performed a surgery that took 5.5 hours. Now, 6 months later, I am walking on it without support. I feel that if Dr. Jeng had performed the first surgery I would not have needed the next 8.
Bruce Alexander in Dumfries, VA – Mar 05, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Clifford Jeng, MD?
I went to Dr. Jeng for a 5th opinion on whether I needed surgery or not on my foot. I had previously had 1 surgery and was still in extreme pain afterwards. Dr. Jeng took time to explain everything to me and provided non-surgical options. I never felt rushed through appointments. I did end up having surgery, but it turned out great. It's the first time I have not had pain in my heel in over 3 years. I can't say enough great things about him.
SAM in Washington, DC – Mar 01, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Clifford Jeng, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Jeng?

Johns Hopkins University School Med