Dr. Clifford Hepper, MD

Orthopedic Hand Surgery | Male

OrthoVirginia 5899 Bremo Rd Ste 100 Richmond, VA 23226 Get Directions
Dr. Clifford Hepper, MD
Dr Hepper is an orthopedic surgeon with specialty training in hand, wrist, and elbow surgery and additional training in minimally invasive techniques and microsurgery. His practice focuses on all aspects of hand, wrist, and elbow problems. Commonly treated disorders include fractures of all types; elbow and wrist arthritis and instability; and common hand problems including carpal tunnel syndrome, Dupuytren's disease, and thumb arthritis. Dr Hepper completed his medical degree at Vanderbilt University. Subsequently, he completed his residency training in orthopedic surgery at Washington University in Saint Louis. He then received specialty training in hand, wrist, elbow and microsurgery at Curtis National Hand Center in Baltimore. Dr Hepper was born and raised outside Nashville, TN. He and his wife, a dermatologist, have three young children. He enjoys golf, spending time with family, and following UNC athletics.

Dr. Hepper's Experience

See how Dr. Hepper's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Hepper

Dr. Hepper accepts 14 insurance carriers

Dr. Hepper is now accepting new patients
St. Mary's5899 Bremo Rd Ste 100
Richmond, VA 23226
(804) 288-8512Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Hepper has admitting privileges.

Dr. Hepper's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hepper to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Hepper's Performance
in Richmond, VA |
Dr. Hepper repaired my right thumb. He did a fantastic job. He is a very good and compassionate doctor. I highly recommend him.
Thank you so much for your comment, Lin! We wish you the best in your future! Warm regards, Sarah
in Richmond, Va |
Concise, informative, attentive, and personable
Richmond, VA |
Did surgery for my carpal tunnel syndrome. I have been much better and have no complaints as far as my surgery. Also no complaints on the cortisone shots he delivered. I wish he could fix all my joints!
in Richmond, VA |
Great bedside manners. I would recommend Dr Hepper to anyone.
in Henrico, VA |
Very little wait time, which when you are scheduling around work is very much appreciated. A quick but thorough consultation and scheduled follow up. Efficient registration process for my first visit, a very well run office.
in Richmond, VA |
Dr. Hepper is very personiable.He explain everything in detail about my surgery.he came and spoke to me again on my surgery day.He did a awsum job on my wrist.I would recommend him to my family and friends.I have a wonderful experience.Im new in the area and it hard to find a good doctor,when your not familiar with any doctors in the area. His staff was very friendly,especially his assistant.
Very good bedside manner. Very smart and too the point. Good doctor.
in Richmond, VA |
He took extra care to examine my knee and explain how my night pain could be relieved with simple exercises. The problem that had kept me awake more months was almost gone in several days. Many thanks to Dr. Hepper!
in Virginia |
I have seen Dr. Hepper several times - in clinic, the day of my surgery, and post-op. He did an amazing job diagnosing and treating my condition, I am now pain-free for the first time in years! His assistant was also very helpful with my scheduling concerns. I would recommend him to all of my friends and family!
in Richmond, VA |
Dr Hepper is a very knowledgeable hand surgeon who quickly diagnosed me quickly and correctly. I am already back to work,
in Richmond, VA |
I would never go back to see Dr. C. Tate Hepper. He was beyond rude. He was downright insulting, extremely unprofessional, and got upset with me when I caught him trying to charge me for services I did not need. In a telephone conversation he informed me that I was a trouble maker for refusing to pay my bill and that I had threatened to cancel my next appointment. I made no such threats and at no point refused to pay my bill. There is not enough space here to fully describe the experience
in Richmond, VA |
I just wanted to write a review of the experience I just had with a doctor at Ortho Va. I went to go see Doctor Hepper for some wrist pain today, and let me tell you I have NEVER been so rudely dismissed by a medical professional in my life. I was with him for a total of 3 minutes, during which he seemed disinterested in what I had to say about my pain and my concerns. He was curt and just told me I had tendonitis, and dismissed me. I brought up my concerns about arthritis, based on my extensive
Have you seen Dr. Clifford Hepper, MD?

Compare Dr. Hepper

Dr. Hepper says...

Minimally invasive techniques such as elbow and wrist arthroscopy and endoscopic carpal tunnel are often employed. Dr Hepper also offers nonsurgical options for Dupuyren's disease including needle aponeurotomy.

Dr. Hepper's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Hand Surgery
  •  Board certified in Hand Surgery and Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Hepper has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

Why It Matters: Dr. Hepper's Board Certifications

• Elbow Sprain
  • Finger Disorders
  • Finger Injuries
  • Finger Joint Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Gout
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hand Ligament Rupture
  • Hand Pain
  • Hip Fracture
  • Joint Fracture
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

Curtis Hand Ctr/Union Meml Hosp

Completed in 2013

University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill

Graduated in 2003

Dr. Hepper does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hepper and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery

• Endoscopic Wrist Surgery
  • Excision of Metacarpal and Carpal
  • Finger Amputation
  • Finger Joint Fusion
  • Fracture Open Reduction and Internal Fixation (ORIF)
  • Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment