Dr. Clifford T. Baker, MD

Dr. Clifford T. Baker, MD

Pain Medicine | Male | 40 years old

107 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Filter Your Results

As a physician, I believe the FIRST and most pivotal step to helping patients is building trust. This is done by listening to you and reviewing your medical history in a comprehensive manner, rather than just reading your MRI/images. My goal is to FIRST diagnose and THEN treat your medical problems using a comprehensive, multidisciplinary approach. Most importantly, I believe you should always be at the center of every decision we make together. My passion is your success in achieving pain relief. Call today to make an appt an NovaSpine Pain Institute.Read more

Dr. Baker's Experience

See how Dr. Baker's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Baker

Dr. Baker accepts 112 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 5 hospitals where Dr. Baker has admitting privileges.

Dr. Baker's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Baker to family and friends
4.5
Experience with Dr. Baker
Dr. Baker's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (99)
in Peoria, AZ |
After a serious car accident several years ago and many various doctors and therapies; I thankfully found Dr. Baker. He has proven to be the most caring and knowledgable specialty doctor that I have ever had. He always listens to me and thoroughly explains all procedures and treatment plans with me. Dr. Baker is the only one I trust with my spine and has been able to manage my permanent pain so that I am able to work and have more quality time with my family. He is well worth any wait time.
in Goodyear, AZ |
Dr Baker was the first doctor I saw. Dr Morales and Dr Baker are in the same office and they did the same thing for me. I really liked both of them and trusted them both. Dr Baker was also very sympathetic and really saw the pain I was in. He also gave me options and I decided on one. He got me an appointment right away and gave me a prescription for medication to hopefully help with the pain. I would definitely recommend Dr Baker to anyone who had a similar spine problem.
in Tempe, AZ |
I have had many othro doctors and specialists in the 8 years I have had injured disks. Dr Baker is hands down my recommendation for anybody in this field. He was friendly, realistic, knowledgeable, straight forward, and professional. He tells you what he sees and observes and coupled with your input thatrecommends what he can and or cant do to help you. Talking to patients like a human and not just another file or paycheck and not wasting your time or money. my pain is now minimal thanks to him
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr Baker really saved my boyfriend. I went with my boyfriend to see Dr Baker for back pain that he has had for years. Dr Baker was thorough in his exam and really listened to our concerns. Since having injections from Dr Baker his pain has improved significantly. We can tell Dr Baker cares significantly for his patients and his work speaks for itself in the relief my boyfriend has experienced. He is a compassionate healer in every respect. We are so thankful. I highly recommend seeing Dr Baker.
Surprise, AZ |
Came into room and asked tech if this is the new patient. She said yes, I said Hello and Dr. Baker went back out without even saying Hello back. Waited 10 minutes for him to come back to room. Told tech that I was not happy that Dr. could not even say Hello. Dr. Baker finally came into the room and said I should see another Dr. and he would give me my money back. VERY UNFRIENDLY AND RUDE
in Sun City West, Az |
I love golf and have had back pain for over thirty years. Over the last twenty years I've had to take an increasing variety of drugs to get through a game, all the way to oxycodone. I've put off the recommended back fusion for years. I went to an appointment with my wife and met Dr Baker. He could see I was in pain and seemed honestly concerned about my condition. After a few simple procedures taking only minutes, I now play four times a week with no pain and no drugs at all! Go see him!
in Surprise, AZ |
I was in the office today for an injection. I mentioned a problem to the gal on the desk and she immediately got me to the right person. They have me privacy and treated me with dignity and respect. Some names: Amy and George. All the staff did a great job. Can't forget Dr.Baker. He even had Saturday hours during the holidays. You can't find better people than these. Oh, and I'm sure the injection will work well. Big thanks.
Goodyear, AZ |
I don't doubt that Dr Baker is qualified but the length of time I have sat waiting for my appointment has been over an hour the last two visits. That is unacceptable. I was called and told Dr Baker was 20 minutes behind when I finally saw him it was well over an hour and a half late. The front desk is less than welcoming. Not sure I will remain a patient .
in Glendale, AZ |
He was in a hurry and not listening to me. He didn't exam me for the reason of the appointment. He wasn't interested in hearing anything I had to say and ended the office visit without giving me pertinent information for my employer. He talked about giving me controlled substances multiple times and I was clear I didn't want to go that route. He dismissed me and interrupted me multiple times. He showed no compassion nor clear understanding of my situation. I would not recommend him at all!!
in Peoria, AZ |
Dr Baker is one of those rare doctors who truly cares about the patient and will do what is best for them, not just what fills his pockets. I had the terrible opportunity to be part of an auto accident that wasn't our fault and to find good care was extremely hard. Dr Baker is the only doctor that listened and helped. If you get the opportunity to have him as a doctor I would definitely recommend it! Karen in the office is great as well!
in Phoenix, AZ |
If you seek other physician opinions hendisowns you as a patient. Just another doc trying to line his pockets Seek others easy to do better with a really caring pain management specialist
in Surprise, AZ |
I am a 75 year old female who has had 8 back surgeries ,needs two shoulder replacements,has bursitis in hips and sciatic nerve pain in legs. Dr.Baker has been the only pain Dr.to help alleviate all my pain.His suggestion of doing a Nevro Bone Stimulator trial and so doing one proved to be most successful in my decisions to permanently have one implanted in my back.I am now 99 % pain free of back pain.Dr baker and his very pleasant professional staff make going to his office a pleasure.5 stars
Litchfield Park Az |
The office staff is always courteous. Dr. Baker takes his time, listening to the issue and decides what the best treatment plan should be. He is kind and compassionate and cares about his patients. He is very dedicated to helping to find the solution that will best suit your needs.
in Sun City, AZ |
I highly recommend Dr. Clifford Baker. I have MS and have suffered from debilitating right buttock (right Piriformis)) for 15 years. I started seeing Dr. Baker for my pain management issues after being so impressed with my husband's care. After 15 years of Narcotics, Dr. Baker suggested the idea of a steroid injection directly into the problematic area; something no previous Dr. had suggested. I just had my 2nd of 2 shots and I've been able to decrease my meds. This is HUGE for me. Thx Dr.B
in Surprise, AZ |
Dr.Baker proves me with the highest level of expert care re: my pain issues.He is personable and respectful.His staff are very helpful and friendly.
in Phoenix, Az 85041 |
I highly recommend Dr. Baker he not only listens but also is highly aware of staff performance. He cares about his patients and goes above and beyond to excell the care for each one of us patients. Staff is remarkable too.
in sun city west |
I have been with Dr. Baker for several years. He is the kindest Dr. I have ever known, He will do everything he can to help you. He truly sits and listens to you on your visit. I am 80yrs. old so I have known a lot of Drs. I worked in a hospital for 16 yrs. and knew a lot of Drs. who could not hold a candle to him. If you want the best try him.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Can't say enough good things about Dr Baker and his staff. Great bedside manner, genuinely a good guy who cares about his patients. A true professional and the best at what he does. Highly recommend.
in Buckeye, AZ |
Dr.Baker accepted my pain management after moving from the NW to AZ. He has always listened and has been an advocate for me with the insurance companies and pharmacies. Dr. Baker makes himself available when I have hospital admissions, talking with Dr. and anesthesiologists to help them understand the pain level and treatments necessary when treating me for procedures and surgery. His office staff is customer service oriented and also goes the extra mile in helping.
in Goodyear, AZ |
finally I'm pain free! dr. baker addressed the multiple issues i have with my back pain. now I'm able to hike, paddle board, and drive without debilitating pain! thanks to dr baker and his staff!
in Buckeye, AZ |
Dr. Baker takes the time to listen, he values quality of life, and he has the desire and knowledge to do whatever possible to help relieve pain associated with various back/spine and knee complications besides just prescribing drugs. What an AWESOME doctor!!!! My pain level from failed back syndrome has gone down from a 10+ to about a 1 or 2 so I can do the activities I love to do.
in Glendale AZ |
I have been getting epidural shots for pain to avoid back surgery. Dr Baker is the best at hitting the areas that cause me the most pain. He is very personable. He listens to how I describe my pain. He answers all my question. I'd recommend Dr. Baker to anyone who has chronic pain that can be reduced by injection. Office is really busy, but his staff stays on top of the appointments and gets the patients through pretty efficiently.
in Surprise AZ |
Dr. Clifford Baker and His Staff, They are one of medical best service and practice of excellent care, I have never. Had any Doctor care so much about my well being, The time and effort From Dr. Baker was way beyond my expectations Medical Care, Sincerity and Professionalism, I'll take the Pepsi Challenge and Dr. Baker will be my Only Choice!. It is a TRUST factor that wins me over! He and his staff is a 10 Star!!! Mazin Karadshi With Highest Regards!
in Clarkdale, AZ |
I've always been an active man and found myself flat on my back from debilitating sciatica. My wife and I found ourselves completely grounded, no dinners out, no movies, no traveling. I remember Dr. Baker saying lets see if we can find the sweet spot as he began the procedure. The dramatic turn around from debilitating pain to complete relief was so overwhelming that I would have walked 10 miles, because I could now, just to say thank you.
in Surprise, Az |
Dr Baker is an excellent back pain specialist & an alternative to major spine surgery, He has relieved my L4 L5 sciatica pain with epidural injections that allow me to function & volunteer for 7-12 hr. days in a row providing security for the waste management phoenix open golf tourney that raises 9 million $ for phoenix charities. He has given me back my life, He listens, cares & is very knowledgeable about medicine. His staff are respectful & caring. Tony Mullozzi PhD
in Scottsdale, AZ |
I've been seeing Dr. Baker for several months to treat chronic pain. He always listens and takes into account my pain level and working with my other medical issues. Very flexible office appointments and I was able to schedule some appointments on weekends which helped with my wife's work schedule. Dr. Baker knows what is going on in the area of treating pain; up-to-date on options and clearly explains medications. He is very dedicated to his patient's wellbeing.
in Surprise, AZ |
I have a new hero. I went to Dr Baker for an upper back problem. When i was literally on the table for treatment, I told Dr. Baker of pain I had just developed in my lower back. After an exam, DR Baker, without the delays of another appointment, made an on the spot decision to also treat the lower back pain too. Dr Baker's caring for me came before his personal time and the delays of insurance. He is the perfect example of a great Dr caring first. I think the world of him Thank you Dr Baker
in Sun City West AZ |
If you are looking for comment and compassionate doctor than he is who you've been looking for. Office staff is great at all location. I'm often seen by Janet Orozco, his PA offers great assistance and knowledge. If you suffer with pain, this office is for you.
in Peoria, AZ |
Just a really great doctor. Engaged. Not jaded and doesn't talk down. Obviously busy, I relate. Took time and was very patient.
Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Baker is real knowledgeable and personable, which makes the experience less stressful. What does cause stress is his very rude office staff. I've had one person there so far who has been very nice and went above and beyond to figure something out. The rest like to interrupt and are a bunch of know-it-all's.
Have you seen Dr. Clifford T. Baker, MD?
Are you Dr. Baker?

Compare Dr. Baker

Dr. Baker's Care Philosophy

Dr. Baker's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Pain Medicine
  •  Board certified in Pain Medicine and Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
  •  Malpractice claims in Arizona not available

Dr. Baker has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

Why It Matters: Dr. Baker's Board Certifications

• Failed Back Surgery Syndrome
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Lumbar Radiculopathy
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Neck Pain

Completed in 2009

Completed in 2010

University of Arizona

Graduated in 2005

Dr. Baker does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Baker and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Pain Medicine