Dr. Clay Shearer, MD

Dermatology | Male

Dr. Clay Shearer, MD
Dr. Clay Shearer, MD is a dermatology doctor who practices in Florence, KY. He is 45 years old and has been practicing for 20 years. Dr. Shearer is affiliated with St. Elizabeth Edgewood.

Dr. Shearer's Experience

See how Dr. Shearer's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Shearer

Dr. Shearer accepts 8 insurance carriers

Dr. Shearer is now accepting new patients
Dermatology Center10060 Demia Way
Florence, KY 41042
(859) 525-6770Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Shearer has admitting privileges.

Dr. Shearer's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shearer to family and friends
2.9
Dr. Shearer's Performance
Florence ky |
Nice doctor but his staff is awful. They charged me over $600 to have three moles removed and I have insurance. When I was at the counter to pay and asked why it was that much (we have been here several times and never been charged that amount) the lady at the desk would only say that these were the charges. They would t explain why it was this much. My husband called the next day and the office manager was out but another lady said this is how they bill. They estimate what our charges are.
in Ft Mitchell, KY |
My husband has been going to this practice since he was a kid. Clay and his father have always taken excellent care of him and our daughter has been seen by Clay. They have always been super nice and thorough with my husband and is always chit chatting with us. I would highly recommend this practice!
in Union, KY |
Dr. Clay Shearer is a great doctor. I know he may be brief with his patients but quite honestly it is the very reason I like to schedule with him because I'm actually able to get an appointment that isn't 6 months out. He is kind and thorough. When we brought over a child on a student visa, he was super nice and took care of skin issues quickly. He's also taken care of my husband, my oldest son, and me. He is quick, but he really is kind to his patients.
Lawrenceburg, IN |
I seen dr Clay to have something removed (minor procedure), I ended up with mersa and almost died. He wasn't concerned with my symptoms. After 4 days in the hospital I received a ridiculous bill that they fought me for. I always check reviews for doctors now.
Glencoe KY |
I went to see Dr. Shearer for an ooen sore on my face that would not go away and was bleeding most of the time. He came in the office, glanced at me, and stated I know what that is. Leave it alone and it will go away. Then walkes out. It's still there. Going to see his PA today for precancerous growths identified by my primary care physician.
in Florence, Ky |
I wouldn't recommend Dr. Clay. I moved to the area this year and went in for a simple skin check and all previous doctors measure each mole and take their time. They also are always respectful of keeping you covered. Dr. Clay pulled my arms out of my gown right away so I was fully exposed and then proceeded to just lift my arms and look around and had me lay down still exposed and looked around a little more. He was done within 5 minutes and never asked if I had any questions or concerns.
Florence, KY |
Dr. Clay is an Excellent Doctor. But the front desk office staff are disrespectful, and discriminate. I had to wait an hour and a half just to see Dr. Clay while everyone else after me went to see him. When I ask what was happening, they told me that Dr. Clay was behind, but I found out that they were lying. When I was finally in the doctor office, I asked him if he was behind and he said he is not behind ,and he's on time for everything. Excellent doctors shouldn't have that kind of office staf
Covington, KY |
My husband got laid off a week before a scheduled appointment to have a large cyst on his face removed. He needed the procedure done and we assumed the insurance would carry through the end of the month. Long story short, it did not & we received a $900 bill. Of course with him being laid off, we did not have the money to pay it right away. I tried to set up a payment plan and they refused to work with me, saying they would only accept payment in full. Sent to collections as $1,300. Crooks!!
They fail to tell you that they charge outrageous amounts for simple procedures, wait for you to receive a bill that no normal person could pay and then tell you that they offer no sort payments plans or options. These practices are unfair and detrimental to patients.
in Independence, KY |
Very good MD have been a patient for years my entire family has had awesome care by Dr Clay Shearer.
Have you seen Dr. Clay Shearer, MD?
Are you Dr. Shearer?

Compare Dr. Shearer

Dr. Shearer's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Dermatology
  •  Board certified in Dermatology
  •  Malpractice claims in Kentucky not available

Dr. Shearer has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Kentucky.

Why It Matters: Dr. Shearer's Board Certifications

• Dermatology

• Acanthosis Nigricans
  • Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Lice
  • Lichen Planus
  • Lipomas
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Molluscum Contagiosum Infection
  • Warts

University of Louisville School of Medicine

Graduated in 1997

University Of Texas Medical School At Houston

Dr. Shearer does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shearer and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Dermatology