Family Medicine  |
Dr. Clay Gruesbeck, MD
Dr. Clay Gruesbeck, MD is a family medicine doctor who practices in San Antonio, TX. He is 79 years old and has been practicing for 32 years. Dr. Gruesbeck is affiliated with Guadalupe Regional Medical Center.

Gruesbeck Family Medicine

12414 Nacogdoches Rd Ste 204

San Antonio, TX 78217

• Ambetter
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Learn about Dr. Gruesbeck

Dr. Gruesbeck's Experience

Dr. Gruesbeck's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine
  • Sanctions found
  • Board actions found

Dr. Gruesbeck does not have any board certifications listed.

1 Sanction
  • Disciplinary action in another state (5/12/2016)
    Action Taken: License Restricted
    Summary: Please reference the following Document
    Documentation: Download here (PDF)
    State: New York
1 Board Action
  • Substandard Care, Incompetence or Negligence (2/7/2014)
    Action Taken: Agreed Order with Terms and Conditions
    Summary: Please reference the following Document
    Documentation: Download here (PDF)
    State: Texas

• Universidad Autonoma De Tamaulipas, Tampico, Facultad De Medicina De Tampico
    Medical School | Graduated 1985
  • Uhs Wilson Fp
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1990

Dr. Gruesbeck has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Gruesbeck has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Gruesbeck does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gruesbeck and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Gruesbeck's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gruesbeck to family and friends
2.2
Dr. Gruesbeck's Performance
    FAIR
San Antonio, TX |
I visited Dr. Gruesbeck's Windcrest clinic. If I could give them negative stars, I would. Besides incredible wait times and a sticky floor, the treatment was a sham. I spent $310 on 2 visits and an RX that made me ill. The replacement RX was an antidepressant not proven to help with my diagnosis. I was treated like a liar who made bad choices, not a patient needing medical care. Without discussing family or friends, the PA recommended I change friends to become successful. I am 40 and employed.
in Universal City |
San Antonio , TX |
My experience with the cable ranch location was awful. I was a patient at this clinic for 6 months under the care of the PA David Rodriguez. It took an hour to be called for vitals and another hour or sometimes two hours until the PA saw me. Now the clinic was not that busy, he has ADHD and loses track quickly and often. He was often talking to another staff member about politics and the MA had to constantly remind him he had patients waiting. He would give me prescriptions that didn't make sen
in San Antonio texas |
His office on Walzem is awful!! I made an appointment for 8:30, they stuck me in a room and left me sitting there for more than 2 hours receiving NO MEDICAL CARE! I had lab work done the prior week and they lost ALL of it! I had to walk out because I couldn't sit there any longer..... I don't understand...I made an appointment....my case and all the paperwork should have been ready to go...they had days to prepare for it.
San Antonio, TX |
I have been going here for about 2 years: rotating drs never the same, extremely unprofessional drs and staff. Referrals are a nightmare, Gruesbeck is the WORST. He yelled at me, told me maybe they (the staff) just don't like me and never stopped doing paperwork the whole time we are talking. Ask well what did I want him to do, then said maybe I should just find another doctor. Please think Is this who I want taking care of me when I am sick all they are is a very poor referral service.
in San Antonio, TX |
This place is awful. Expect to wait at least 1 hour past your apt time. Staff doesn't care, doctor cares less. How can a place like this continue to operate? I've seen a lot of doctors, none compare to this nonsense.go some where else, you can thank me later.
in San Antonio, TX |
I have been going to Dr. Gruesbeck for about twenty years. I have five children and they have all been treated by Dr. G. I even have my 72 year old mother going there as well. Years back we used to go to the Walzem location, now that we have relocated we use the Nacogdoches clinic. The staff there are very friendly and prompt. I work a lot with Ms. Abbey. She is awesome. She always gets me the referrals I need very expeditiously and in a professional manner.
in San Antonio, TX |
Went to the doc to get a referral for an orthopedic surgeon on February 11th...called to see when I could expect to get that referral on February 22nd and the docs assistant was very rude and acted like I was keeping her from inputting my information. My question is how long am I supposed to wait for this nurse to input my information...1 month,2months?
Have you seen Dr. Clay Gruesbeck, MD?
Are you Dr. Gruesbeck?