Dr. Claude J. Mason, MD

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Mason's Experience

96Experience
Match

See how Dr. Mason's experience matches your preferences.

Why It Matters: Board Certifications

• Emergency Medicinenull

• Other Education

Visiting Dr. Mason

Dr. Mason accepts 14 insurance carriers

14 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Mason has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Mason

Dr. Mason's Review Details
      4.3 based on 53 responses
      Experience with Dr. Mason
      Dr. Mason's Office & Staff
        10 – 15 minutes (46)
      in Sarasota , Fl |
      Excellent doctor!!!! Trust him with all my medical problems. Highly recommend Dr Mason to everyone. Thank you!!!!! John Montera
      in Sarasota, FL |
      I was referred to Dr. Mason after my car accident in 2012, I'd been seeing another Dr. since 2000, when I saw Dr. Mason the first time, he was much more caring and knew more about me in that short time so I decided to make him my primary care Dr. I suffer from chronic headaches since the accident which resulted in a cervical neck fusion operation. No question is silly and he listens and gives many treatment options. Thanks to you all! Best in Sarasota!
      in Sarasota |
      Truly wonderful doctor and staff. Very knowledgable and very comfortable to talk to. One of the best doctors that I have been to. He has a great sense of humor and places you at ease quickly.
      in Chicago, IL |
      We were looking for a Sarasota Doctor that had a combination of things. First, he had to be very knowledgable . He had to have a good bed side manner. And he had to have a sense of humor. We found him. Easy to get comfortable with Dr Mason, and he clearly knows what he is doing.
      in Sarasota, FL |
      Dr. Mason was recommended to me by a good friend after my main family Doctor went into retirement. After being unhappy with other Doctors through the large local group, Dr. Mason has been the best Doctor to replace my previous one. He has done wonders helping me through some tough physical times. For me and my needs he is the Best. Also the fact that I don't have any insurance anymore, he allows me to self pay without breaking my bank account. Thank You Dr. Mason!
      in Sarasota, FL |
      Dr. Mason and Dr. Aristimuno take their time with their patients, and seem to really care about their treatment.
      in Darasota FL |
      Called for an app't any shot a recording saying leave info and they'd call back. 5 days later I called again and got an app't with Dr Mason. Arrived on time only to be told oh he's not here today. You will see another Dr. - I told them I have a recorded message from the day before confirming my app't with Dr Mason - the 3 people at the desk were befuddled. Who called I asked - I don't know ... No apologies for their mistake. No way to run a business. I wasted 60 min round trip.
      in Sarasota, FL |
      Fabulous Doctor. Kind. Smart. Compassionate. Careful. There just is not better in this state. If your situation is complex, he can figure it out. He does not do tests or give meds that are not needed and he is careful about spending your money too. But most of all, you won't find better diagnostic skills, a more tenacious seeker of what could be wrong, and the kindness and patience of John Mason. He is curious, steadfast, clear, and not impatient. Dedicated: The BEST.
      in Sarasota, FL |
      My family's GP for six years now, Dr. Mason is the brightest, most perceptive, effective, patient, genuinely caring, and kind doctor it has ever been my privilege to know. I continue to consult him even though my new insurance program (HMO) does not cover him - he's THAT GOOD. Of special note is the compassion with which he and his office care for the terminally ill and their family members.
      in Sarasota, FL |
      Dr Mason is an excellent diagnostician. His specialist referrals have all been very good. Dr mason is terrific at helping you understand your health issues and then finding solutions. His staff is very pleasant.
      in Sarasota, FL |
      He is the first Doctor who looked at all my blood work and created a real plan for me. I told him I felt like he gave me a new lease on life. I have also just started his medical weight loss plan...I trust him...you should too!
      in Sarasota, FL |
      I've been with Dr. Mason for a long time and have no plans of changing. He's the most compassionate, caring, dependable Doctor. He listens and takes his time to know and analyze what's wrong. The best doctor ever!
      in Sarasota, FL |
      Dr. Mason is excellent, however his admin staff is poor. They made an appointment for a time when he was not in the office and have consistently failed to respond to requests for medicine updates at my Dad's assisted living facility. Would highly recommend Dr. Mason as a physician, but unfortunately would advise avoiding his practice if you have someone in need to remote communication, such as at an assisted living facility.
      in sarasota fl |
      I found Dr Mason a few yrs ago when new in town. A Walk in clinic and Pvt pts provider how Wonderful... He turns out to be very kind ,caring, and professional and most of all a good listener. Quick at what he does due to experience. If no ins.He recommendeds options for cheaper places for test to be done.He is all about the community. His dedication to pts concerns have pulled me thru a few things.I really respect him and thank him for services given so far.
      in Orlando, FL |
      Had condition not properly attended to. Remained untreated by him. No responses. Went elsewhere! Rude as well.
      in Nokomis, Florida |
      I have been seeing Dr. Mason for many years. I could not have chosen a more qualified, compassionate, skilled doctor on my own. I had seen two other PCPs before my cardiologist urged me to start seeing Dr. Mason after open heart surgery. The other two doctors were part of a major doctor network which relied on volume, and completely misread issues I was experiencing. I am so fortunate my cardiologist recommended Dr. Mason. If a Premier Cardiologist family sees him. That is a recommendation.
      in Sarasota |
      Excellent physician! Would recommend to my own mother Very professional & compationate man One of Sarasota's Best!
      Sarasota Florida |
      I visited Dr Mason for the first time, since I am looking for a new Dr, being new to the are. His Clinic offers emergency and walk ins. I think it is great concept. I liked his staff and the new patien process was rather easy and punctual. He was thorough and had great beside manners. I just wish the clinic was cleaner. It looked and smelled more like a veterinarian clinic. The place looks tired and in need of face lift. I hope they pay more attention to the physical state of the clinic.
      Have you seen Dr. Mason?
      Are you Dr. Mason? Post a response on your personalized profile.

• Emergency Medicine
      • Geriatric Medicine

Why It Matters: Dr. Mason's Board Certifications

• Emergency Medicine

• Allergies
      • Asthma
      • Benign Skin Tumor
      • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
      • Dementia
      • Injuries
      • Menopause
      • Parkinson's Disease
      • Pneumonia
      • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)

• 24-Hour Ambulatory Electrocardiogram

Graduated in 1982

• Other Education
        Xavier University

Completed in 1996

Dr. Mason has no media or publications listed.

• French
      ×

Dr. Mason's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Family Medicine
      • Board certified in Emergency Medicine
      ×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Mason

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Mason's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
      Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
      Staff friendliness and courteousness
      Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
      10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Mason

Level of trust in provider's decisions
      How well provider explains medical condition(s)
      How well provider listens and answers questions
      Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Mason's Care Philosophy

We provide Medical Care to patients as though they were our family. We have the skill and experience that you would find at a major medical center at a fraction of the cost. We strive to see you quickly because we value and respect your time.