Dr. Claude J. Mason, MD

Dr. Claude J. Mason, MD

Family Medicine | Male | 56 years old

65 reviews| Leave a review

We provide Medical Care to patients as though they were our family. We have the skill and experience that you would find at a major medical center at a fraction of the cost. We strive to see you quickly because we value and respect your time.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Mason's Experience

See how Dr. Mason's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Mason

Dr. Mason accepts 14 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Mason has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Mason
Dr. Mason's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (57)
in Sarasota, FL |
Dr. Mason has been my doctor since 2013. He is one of the most compassionate physicians I have ever encountered. He is a physician who listen to you and cares about what you have to say. He is an excellent diagnostician and if needed refers you to an appropriate specialist who also has the same bedside manner that he has which is caring and who also listens to what you have to say. I highly recommend him. Cynthia B.
in Sarasota, FL |
Dr. Claude John Mason and his staff are beyond excellent. He is always very compassionate and extremely knowledgeable. I have been a patient of Dr. Mason since 2013. His front office staff always try to get the appointment time you want and his nurses are extremely knowledgeable and kind. I would absolutely highly recommend Dr. Claude John Mason.
in Sarasota, FL |
I was referred to Dr. Mason following an auto accident two years ago. I have since left my primary care doctor of many years to become Dr. Mason's patient. I couldn't be more pleased with his care. He is kind, thoughtful, and compassionate. His diagnostic skills are beyond measure. I recommend him to everyone I know.
in Sarasota, FL |
Dr. Mason is an excellent physician. Very knowledgeable and caring. Dr. Mason, unlike many other Sarasota physicians, is focused on medical care. I wish he accepted Optimum health insurance, the only Medicare 5 star in the Sarasota area. Hopefully, our paths will cross again in the future.
in Sarasota, FL |
Very compassionate and kind. Very caring staff. I'm very anxious about anything medical and they did their best to make me as comfortable as possible. I will go back without fear.
in Sarasota, FL |
Dr, John Mason is the BEST I moved to Florida 4+ years ago. leaving a great Dr. in Las Vegas. Was directed to a Dr. is Venice who was OK?? Changed insurance & needed to find a new Dr. Thank God I was fortunate enough to find Dr. Mason. He is Kind, Understanding, Very, Very knowledgeable and "tells you like it is" Always takes to listen to your concerns and explains your condition in language that a ordinary person can understand. He is a terrific, wonderful person and a very gifted Doctor.
in Sarasota, Florida |
Dr. Mason is a phenomenal doctor. 1) He is personable and compassionate; 2) He listens to me; 3) He is very knowledgeable; is willing to work with other physicians to find me the best treatment; 4) He is accessible and, if I have an appointment, the wait is never long. If I go as a walk-in...it can be a little longer but the ability to walk-in and see him outweighs any wait; 5) The office staff has always been pleasant and helpful. Dr. Mason and his crew get my highest recommendation!!!
in Rotonda West |
Dr Mason is good, it's the office staff. I had to have medical clearance for hip replacement surgery in June and encountered several problems with his staff not faxing paperwork over to my surgeon in a timely manner. They stated they faxed it, but it was never received by my surgeon, then they would say they couldn't find it, etc. I'm having surgery again, same thing, only much worse. My surgery is delayed because of this and it is now affecting my health and recovery from this surgery.
in Sarasota, Florida |
Dr. Mason is, in my opinion, the best Medical Doctor in Sarasota. I Tried three other doctors over the years here in Sarasota none of which really seemed to care for my well being; I was just another appointment to check off. Dr. Mason cares a great deal for each patient. Another key point is that he does not do extra stuff or bill for extra stuff ... he listens, uses the diagnostic tools he needs, including his wealth of experience, and then provides the medical treatment required.
in Sarasota, FL |
Dr. Mason was very thorough when he took care of my daughter. He took the time to discuss things thoroughly leaving no stone unturned . He's a very kind and intelligent man .
in Sarasota, FL |
I went to Dr. Mason to establish with a primary care Dr. in the Sarasota area. He made me wait along time beyond my appointment. He was not friendly and seemed very rushed. He did nothing to examine me. He didn't even look in my ears and throat. He did refill my prescriptions for me, but several he forgot to put refills on and one blood pressure medicine he refilled for 80mg when it was supposed to be 320mg.
in Sarasota , Fl |
Excellent doctor!!!! Trust him with all my medical problems. Highly recommend Dr Mason to everyone. Thank you!!!!! John Montera
in Sarasota, FL |
I was referred to Dr. Mason after my car accident in 2012, I'd been seeing another Dr. since 2000, when I saw Dr. Mason the first time, he was much more caring and knew more about me in that short time so I decided to make him my primary care Dr. I suffer from chronic headaches since the accident which resulted in a cervical neck fusion operation. No question is silly and he listens and gives many treatment options. Thanks to you all! Best in Sarasota!
in Sarasota |
Truly wonderful doctor and staff. Very knowledgable and very comfortable to talk to. One of the best doctors that I have been to. He has a great sense of humor and places you at ease quickly.
in Chicago, IL |
We were looking for a Sarasota Doctor that had a combination of things. First, he had to be very knowledgable . He had to have a good bed side manner. And he had to have a sense of humor. We found him. Easy to get comfortable with Dr Mason, and he clearly knows what he is doing.
in Sarasota, FL |
Dr. Mason was recommended to me by a good friend after my main family Doctor went into retirement. After being unhappy with other Doctors through the large local group, Dr. Mason has been the best Doctor to replace my previous one. He has done wonders helping me through some tough physical times. For me and my needs he is the Best. Also the fact that I don't have any insurance anymore, he allows me to self pay without breaking my bank account. Thank You Dr. Mason!
in Sarasota, FL |
Dr. Mason and Dr. Aristimuno take their time with their patients, and seem to really care about their treatment.
in Darasota FL |
Called for an app't any shot a recording saying leave info and they'd call back. 5 days later I called again and got an app't with Dr Mason. Arrived on time only to be told oh he's not here today. You will see another Dr. - I told them I have a recorded message from the day before confirming my app't with Dr Mason - the 3 people at the desk were befuddled. Who called I asked - I don't know ... No apologies for their mistake. No way to run a business. I wasted 60 min round trip.
in Sarasota, FL |
Fabulous Doctor. Kind. Smart. Compassionate. Careful. There just is not better in this state. If your situation is complex, he can figure it out. He does not do tests or give meds that are not needed and he is careful about spending your money too. But most of all, you won't find better diagnostic skills, a more tenacious seeker of what could be wrong, and the kindness and patience of John Mason. He is curious, steadfast, clear, and not impatient. Dedicated: The BEST.
in Sarasota, FL |
My family's GP for six years now, Dr. Mason is the brightest, most perceptive, effective, patient, genuinely caring, and kind doctor it has ever been my privilege to know. I continue to consult him even though my new insurance program (HMO) does not cover him - he's THAT GOOD. Of special note is the compassion with which he and his office care for the terminally ill and their family members.
in Sarasota, FL |
Dr Mason is an excellent diagnostician. His specialist referrals have all been very good. Dr mason is terrific at helping you understand your health issues and then finding solutions. His staff is very pleasant.
in Sarasota, FL |
He is the first Doctor who looked at all my blood work and created a real plan for me. I told him I felt like he gave me a new lease on life. I have also just started his medical weight loss plan...I trust him...you should too!
in Sarasota, FL |
I've been with Dr. Mason for a long time and have no plans of changing. He's the most compassionate, caring, dependable Doctor. He listens and takes his time to know and analyze what's wrong. The best doctor ever!
in Sarasota, FL |
Dr. Mason is excellent, however his admin staff is poor. They made an appointment for a time when he was not in the office and have consistently failed to respond to requests for medicine updates at my Dad's assisted living facility. Would highly recommend Dr. Mason as a physician, but unfortunately would advise avoiding his practice if you have someone in need to remote communication, such as at an assisted living facility.
in sarasota fl |
I found Dr Mason a few yrs ago when new in town. A Walk in clinic and Pvt pts provider how Wonderful... He turns out to be very kind ,caring, and professional and most of all a good listener. Quick at what he does due to experience. If no ins.He recommendeds options for cheaper places for test to be done.He is all about the community. His dedication to pts concerns have pulled me thru a few things.I really respect him and thank him for services given so far.
in Orlando, FL |
Had condition not properly attended to. Remained untreated by him. No responses. Went elsewhere! Rude as well.
in Nokomis, Florida |
I have been seeing Dr. Mason for many years. I could not have chosen a more qualified, compassionate, skilled doctor on my own. I had seen two other PCPs before my cardiologist urged me to start seeing Dr. Mason after open heart surgery. The other two doctors were part of a major doctor network which relied on volume, and completely misread issues I was experiencing. I am so fortunate my cardiologist recommended Dr. Mason. If a Premier Cardiologist family sees him. That is a recommendation.
in Sarasota |
Excellent physician! Would recommend to my own mother Very professional & compationate man One of Sarasota's Best!
Sarasota Florida |
I visited Dr Mason for the first time, since I am looking for a new Dr, being new to the are. His Clinic offers emergency and walk ins. I think it is great concept. I liked his staff and the new patien process was rather easy and punctual. He was thorough and had great beside manners. I just wish the clinic was cleaner. It looked and smelled more like a veterinarian clinic. The place looks tired and in need of face lift. I hope they pay more attention to the physical state of the clinic.
Have you seen Dr. Claude J. Mason, MD?
Are you Dr. Mason?

Dr. Mason says...

Dr. C. John Mason grew up in Connecticut. He earned his Bachelor's of Science degree in Molecular and Genetic Biology from Bucknell University in 1982. He then traveled to Louisville, Kentucky where he earned his MD from the University of Louisville School of Medicine. He completed his residency in Emergency Medicine at Akron General Medical Center in Akron, Ohio in 1990. After completing his residency, he was recruited to become the Chairman of Emergency Medicine at the Deaconess Hospital in Cincinnati, Ohio. During that tenure Dr. Mason earned his Master's in Business Administration from Xavier University in Cincinnati. In 1997, he moved to St. Louis, MO where he was the Director of Trauma Services and the ER at DePaul Health Center. From 1999-2001, Dr. Mason was the Chairman for the Department of Medicine at Shands AGH in Gainesville, FL. From there he settled in Sarasota and began working as the Medical Director of Emergency Medicine at Doctor's Hospital. While at Doctor's Hospital, Dr. Mason became the Chairman of Emergency Medicine for Gulf Coast Emergency Physicians in Port Charlotte. This position brought him to the ER at Fawcett Memorial Hospital and Englewood Community Hospital where he was elected as the Chief of Staff for two consecutive terms. In 2006, Dr. Mason purchased the Sarasota Family Medical Center and shared his time caring for patients there and in the ER. In 2009, Dr. Mason and Dr. Aristimuño purchased the Sarasota Medical Center. Currently they are both working solely in the Sarasota Medical Center keeping the residents and guests of Sarasota healthy with knowledgeable, efficient and friendly care.

Dr. Mason's Care Philosophy

Dr. Mason says...

Sarasota Medical Center is able to perform minor surgical procedure's. We can provide X-ray, EKG, skin ablation techniques, dermatology capabilities, lab, blood draw,  diagnostic ultrasound, vascular studies, DOT physical's,  Weight loss care, physical exams for work, school, or sports.

Dr. Mason's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Family Medicine
  •  Board certified in Emergency Medicine

Dr. Mason has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Mason's Board Certifications

• Emergency Medicine

• Allergies
  • Asthma
  • Benign Skin Tumor
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Dementia
  • Injuries
  • Menopause
  • Parkinson's Disease
  • Pneumonia
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)

University of Louisville School of Medicine

• Other Education
    Xavier University

Completed in 1996

• French

Dr. Mason does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mason and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Emergency Medicine