Dr. Clark Smith, MD

Addiction Psychiatry ·  Male · Age 65

Dr. Smith
9820 Willow Creek Rd Ste 205 San Diego, CA 92131

Dr. Clark Smith, MD is an addiction psychiatry specialist in San Diego, CA and has been practicing for 37 years. He graduated from University Of Arizona in 1981 and specializes in addiction psychiatry and forensic psychiatry.

Dr. Smith accepts

Dr. Smith accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
Advantage Preferred DirectAccess Plus PPO
Select PPO

No malpractice claims found for California

Check if Dr. Smith treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Smith's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases

2.3

Dr. Smith?
Dr. Smith's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Clark Smith, MD
Dr. Smith spent almost no time with me. Yet was quick to diagnose me as bipolar. He seemed more eager for me to join his sparse and declining enrollment. I did join, and the first day there was forced to share things I wasn’t ready to share in a group setting. He’s arrogant, aloof and was relentless on being paid. I also had he was misleading about my out of pocket costs. I parted there in bad terms because I confided in a college of his, who in turn obviously shared my thoughts. I was given the ice treatment after that. You’d think he’d have tried to speak to me personally about my concerns. But I made him look bad...some psychologist! Maybe you should seek treatment of your own Dr. Smith.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Clark Smith, MD?
A thoughtful and patient Dr who enabled my son to express himself better than I have ever heard, which created the most helpful treatment program I've seen to date (and I've seen A LOT). Non judgemental and kind. It was a total surprise that a physician meeting could be so beneficial, and yes, I have no doubt he will prescribe those meds that tailor the tratement effectively.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Clark Smith, MD?
I would not recommend Dr. Smith for a neutral evaluation for a court hearing. He does not take the requisite time to conduct a thorough evaluation, and he has allowed for many mistakes in his approach to discerning the validity of information. While he appears to be a kind and intelligent doctor, he lacks the due dilligence it would require to do this type of evaluation, and doesn’t allow for the assessed individual to discuss the reported information provided by other party’s involved.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Clark Smith, MD?
He was terribly irresponsible in advising that a person he met 2 minutes before leave her family and take her children with no train for doing so and caused that family to rift.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Clark Smith, MD?
He’s a good doctor yes your 5 min visit are not 5 min prolly more like 20-25min and it’s prolly the reason your coming in is for a prescription anyway. He’s a good doctor and I’m sure he wasn’t bullying you to join his outpatient program I’m sure it’s something u would have benefited from. I’ve seen him over a year and he doesn’t deserve this ratings
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Clark Smith, MD?
Total rip off. Will bill your insurance hundreds of dollars for 5 minute sessions in which all he does is write a prescription and will try to bully you into joining his other programs. Wish I could give zero stars.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Clark Smith, MD?
a very irresponsible doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Clark Smith, MD?
Be cautious!I agree total rip off
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Clark Smith, MD?
Total rip-off. He charged me a total of $5,000 and my daughter only was in his office a few times. He refused to give me an itemized receipt so that I could present to my insurance company and even though he originally told me that he would only charge me for the time that she was in the outpatient program but I ended up paying for an entire week for nothing. Make sure that you received more detailed information on billing prior to agreeing to enter the program.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Clark Smith, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Smith?

• Addiction Psychiatry