Dr. Clarence Ballenger III, MD

Dr. Clarence Ballenger III, MD

Neurology | Male

Coastal Carolina Neurology 445 Western Blvd Ste Q Jacksonville, NC 28546 Get Directions

Dr. Clarence Ballenger III, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Jacksonville, NC. He is 68 years old and has been practicing for 39 years. Dr. Ballenger III is affiliated with Onslow Memorial Hospital.

Dr. Ballenger III's Experience

See how Dr. Ballenger III's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Ballenger III

Dr. Ballenger III accepts 15 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Ballenger III has admitting privileges.

Dr. Ballenger III's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ballenger III to family and friends
2.1
Dr. Ballenger III's Performance
Jacksonville, NC |
He's a very good dr. If you have a problem with something hurting you he will findo out the problem and ifit isn't his field he will send you where they do specialize in your problem...
in Hampstead, NC |
My first experience with him was in the 90's. He was brilliant at helping understand the root causes of the Migraines I had been sufferring with, for years. He gave me prescription meds for immediate relief, and a load of information about trigger factors that led me to a whole new life style, free of pain and meds. I recently started experiencing major problems and he took me in immediately. He RUSH ordered several tests MRI/MRA/EMG etc.. I got diagnosis then 2nd opinion, & he's on the mark
in Vermont, IL |
I dont see how this man is still practicing. Real appt issues are not documented properly. This doctor blew my brain with his mistake and fails to fix his leaving me suffering. I would be dead if i wasnt found by family member. All the doctors call him quack. I am owed comfort from his mistake. He has failed in caring for the people .
Tarawa Terrace, NC |
I'd give this "doctor" no starts if possible. The biggest quack I have ever met; didn't listen to a word as I explained my history and tried to give me narcotics for migraines! He is careless and doesn't bother to take accurate notes on what I was telling him. His staff is equally careless and has no follow through. When requesting a refill (which I did multiply times for the same Rx) they never called it into the pharmacy and I was without meds for 3 weeks and suffering migraines frequently!
in Jacksonville, NC |
After reading all this KNIW WONDER I still cant get a clear picture of what the real problems were...it took him not remembering from day to day xonbersation. First words to me were YOU NEED A PSYCHIATRIST! That hurt...this was a problem that went way beyond treatment and im forever damaged. You dont treat your PTSD patients with anger when your in neurology. Trying to figure out the flareuppsloss of time nerve n im forever scarred and they cant even appologize. They disiscramy condition Hurt
in Jacksonville, NC |
Dr. Ballenger kept trying to diagnose me with MS when I went for a second opinion at naval it was a simple Vit. D deficiency... he did a spinal tap, and stuck me 6 TIMES!!!! and then continued to "chat" with my husband as he spilled my spinal fluid ALL OVER THE FLOOR! needless to say I had the PP Headache. He never gave me a clear answer on anything, and told me about a growth in my pituitary gland that I don't need to worry about. I still have it in my head... I highly DO NOT recommend!!!
in Jacksonville, nc |
Ballenger lacks empathy for patients. Does not take time to explain concepts or diagnoses. Requires underqualified staff to step beyond scope of their education. Wife with no medical education has been known to alter medication orders and write prescriptions without consulting Ballenger. If you value your health go elsewhere.
in Jacksonville, NC |
Dr. B. Is brilliant which can make him a bit hard to understand at times and for that reason he maintains an amazing staff who work hand in hand with him to communicate his expertise to the patient . I have been a patient of his for years and have literally trusted my life to him and his staff many times. I will continue being his patient until he retires. He is not a typical doctor..he cares! He and his staff are the best!
in Doylestown, PA |
Awful was being seen by a unlicensed NP provider the whole time, front desk people laughed at me and my disability, Doctor don't know what he's doing or remember who you are and keeps trying to rediognose you, his wife "office manager" is the most rudest person I ever met. Whole staff are Completely unprofessional and a joke. You have to wait hours for your apt, this doctors office needs to be shut down before they hurt or kill someone.
Atlantic Beach NC |
Would give 0 stars. Went to see him for a brain disease, gave me Meds and sent me for a MRI. Went on Wednesday and the results were sent to him (per hospital) the next morning. It is the following Monday and I have not received a call to discuss results. Called to talk with Dr (I live an hour away) and would not talk to me. Said to make an appointment to review the results a week from today. Who wants to wait that long for results that are important. Do not go to this Dr
in Jacksonville, NC |
Doctor didn't show up for appointment, was lied to and treated like garbage by the receptionist who was more concerned with her personal phone call and her kid coloring at the Reception window. The reception area was a pig-sty, shredded paper from the overflowing shredder. I stormed out after five minutes of the receptionist lies and BS. I immediately drove to the VA office and filed a complaint, against doctor and his unprofessional staff. This Dr is a complete Joke in my opinion!
in Jacksonville, NC |
..kept insisting. I went to fill it, it was $1,600 with my insurance! When I returned he was irate I didn't fill it. Never once did he lay his hands on me to assess my condition, and was difficult to pin down in the room. He also kept insisting I quit working, when I hadn't asked for his advise, only a referral, and then starting yelling at me when I told him I wouldn't stop working. He's squirrly, rude, unprofessional, unclean, untrustworthy, and should be drug tested. Wait 2 hrs! Stay away!
in Jacksonville, NC |
Had a number of appointments with Dr. Ballenger for assessment of spinal injuries and referral to a neurosurgeon. The doctor was late each time, by hours. His staff told me not to schedule an appointment before 10am, because while the office and appointments start at 8, he lives two hours away and doesn't show up until 10. I didn't go to seek prescriptions, or pain control, but he kept pushing meds anyway. He insisted I try griliese, even though I'd already had neurotin with no relief. He ....
New York, NY |
I was lied to about my condition then when I told him I was going to tell the medical board he decided to tell the truth. He told me that Gralise was nothing like neurotin and that weight gain was not attached to that medicine. He lied to me and after working out and eating healthy , I gained 7 pounds in 15 days. I can't deal with a provider I can't trust. It caused me depression, and my nerves went ballistic.
in Havelock, NC |
I had this guy back in 2013 and was doing a bunch of test, his new bern office smelt like an ashtray,(which has since been shutdown) he was unprofessional, kept trying to feed me all sorts of pills I didn't want to take, and to top it off, he did a spinal tap in his dirty ashtray smelling room, and failed, 5 times, I'd upload the picture if I was able, but this guy is a quack. I was in some serious pain after and told the nurse I was done with him, then he came back all mad. what? stay away!!!!!
in Jacksonville, NC |
I have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Ballengee and the staff. He truly is a wonderful Doctor and I have faith in his ability! He is extremely caring, he listens, he explains what procedure needs to be done and he is there for his patients!
Have you seen Dr. Clarence Ballenger III, MD?
Are you Dr. Ballenger III?

Compare Dr. Ballenger III

Dr. Ballenger III's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurology
  •  Board certified in Neurology

Dr. Ballenger III has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

Why It Matters: Dr. Ballenger III's Board Certifications

• Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Lyme Disease
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Peripheral Autonomic Neuropathy
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Polyneuropathy Due to Alcohol and Drugs
  • Post-Concussion Syndrome
  • Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
  • Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
  • Syncope
  • Temporal Arteritis
  • Thrombosis
  • Torticollis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury

Mc Ga

Completed in 1979

Mc Ga

Completed in 1982

Dr. Ballenger III does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ballenger III and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurology