Gynecology  |
Dr. Claire Serrato, MD
Dr. Claire Serrato, MD is a gynecology doctor who practices in Burlingame, CA. She is 57 years old and has been practicing for 24 years. Dr. Serrato is affiliated with Mills Health Center.

1820 Ogden Dr Ste 200

Burlingame, CA 94010

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Health Net of California
  • WellPoint

Learn about Dr. Serrato

I believe in personalized care - offering multiple options and figuring out what is best for each patient. I believe that each patient is an individual and that they should have a say in their care and treatment options. With my ultrasound training I can offer a direct opinion about a patient's condition and what surgical approaches might work. I believe in trying to do minimally invasive surgery if a patient is a potential candidate

Dr. Serrato's Experience

Dr. Serrato's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Gynecology

• Fallopian Tube Cancer
  • Female Infertility
  • Gestational Diabetes
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Leiomyoma
  • Mastodynia
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menopause
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Miscarriages
  • Ovarian Diseases
  • Pap Smear Abnormalities
  • Pelvic Cancer
  • Pelvic Floor Disorders
  • Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID)
  • Perimenopause
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Preeclampsia
  • Sexual Dysfunction
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Symptomatic Menopause
  • Yeast Infections

• Birth Control
  • Colporrhaphy
  • Colposcopy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Single Incision Laparoscopic Surgery
  • Supracervical Hysterectomy
  • Thyroid Screening
  • Total Salpingectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
  • Vaginal Hysterectomy
  • Vaginal Surgery
  • da Vinci® Hysterectomy
  • da Vinci® Robotic Surgery

No malpractice history found for California.

• Usf
  • U C San Francisco
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1997
  • Uc Los Angeles
    Other Education | Completed 1985

Dr. Serrato has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Serrato does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Serrato and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Serrato's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Serrato to family and friends
Dr. Serrato's Performance
in San Francisco, CA |
Dr. Serrato performed a laparascopic surgery using the Da Vinci Surgical System In February 2017. When I was wheeled into the OR, it looked like a giant Transformer was hovering over me. She literally sat across the room and guided the robot using monitors and controls. Mine was a complicated surgery including the removal of an egg-sized tumor. Without the robotics, I would have had a full-length abdominal scar and a much longer recovery time. I was glad I shose Dr. Serrato.
in Half Moon Bay, CA |
Dr. Serrato is a methodical practitioner and a measured, steady surgeon. She immediately guided me through the diagnostic process finally to arrive at recommended minimally invasive surgical treatment options. After the surgery, I learned that the ovarian issue was far more complex than we imagined at the outset, but Dr. Serrato was still able to correct the issue, leaving me with normal, healthy anatomy and healing ahead of schedule. I highly recommend seeing her for any ob/gyn issues.
in San Rafael, CA |
I recently (3/3/17) had Dr. Claire Serrato perform a total hysterectomy on me by way of the DaVinci Robot. I thought the pain would be intense, but to my surprise I am healing very nicely. The worse part of the pain was the day of the surgery, and it was very tolerable with pain meds. I owe my amazing surgery as well as my great recovery to the very talented Dr. Serrato. I highly recommend her skills to anyone in need of a hysterectomy or any GYN surgery.
in South San Francisco, CA |
I am so grateful to have found Dr. Claire Serrato, who is an amazing doctor. She has a friendly, reassuring bedside manner, is extremely knowledgeable and a truly gifted surgeon. She performed robotic surgery to remove an ovary and both fallopian tubes and the whole process was so easy and virtually pain free from the day of surgery through recovery. I was pleasantly shocked at how truly “minimally invasive” it all was and almost 3 weeks after surgery the scars are barely noticeable.
in Orinda, CA |
Dr. Serrato,is a amazing doctor. She is an advocate for her patients. She took many hours out of her busy day of caring for people to fight my insurance company for my surgery. I am one of Jehovah's Wittness and Claire was very supportive of my medical choices. She is warm and as her patient I felt that she genuinely cared about me as a person. She focused on me during office visits. she is a excellent surgeon . I had robotic surgery and I highly recommend it to all.
in Redwood city california |
Dr. Serrato performed my recent surgery, robotic myomectomy, and it turned out to be the most minimally invasive procedure, least recovery time, for uterine fibroid removal. I am so pleased and was back to work in four days! She is one of the most skilled doctors I've ever met and her warmth and empathy just add to the experience of being her patient. I would recommend this procedure, robotic myomectomy, and dr. Serrato of the SF Bay Area, to anyone in need of this procedure!!
Burlingame, CA |
Dr. Serrato is THE BEST! Dr. Serrato is an amazing, skilled surgeon with an excellent bedside manner. Every step of the way she explained the procedure including how to prepare for it and the recovery. Even in between appointments she answers questions and addresses any concerns through email and over the phone. I never felt like I was asking too many questions. I am incredibly grateful to have had Dr. Serrato perform my surgery. She is truly an incredible doctor!
in Burlingame, CA |
EXPERT AND SKILLFUL - I had gone to a different gynecologist who had trouble with a simple biopsy. So, I switched to Dr. Serrato who had no trouble with the procedure. We subsequently did some watchful waiting, and ultimately decided on a hysterectomy. My recovery was so rapid that I and everyone around me was surprised. It must have been because she is a very skillful surgeon. Dr. Serrato is very experienced and trains other surgeons on minimally invasive gynecological procedures. She also
in San Francisco, CA |
LOOK NO FURTHER! If I could give Dr. Serrato 10 stars I would. Excellent surgery skills and she truly cares for you like a family member! She answered all my questions at all hours of the day and night with promptness via email, in addition to her answering my questions during office visits. She did an overran cystectomy (2 serous cystadenomas including a large 7.2CM one) and saved my ovary which she knew was important to me. Single site robotic surgery with barely a scar. Love her!
San Bruno, CA |
Dr. Serrato is fantastic. An ultrasound found an enlarged uterus due to fibroids that was close to my kidneys and could be dangerous. Dr. Serrato called very soon after seeing the results and had me come into her office on a Friday and then back the next Monday for a follow-up test. I opted for robotic surgery and Dr. Serrato was always available via e-mail and phone as I had questions prior to the surgery and post-op. It is amazing how quickly she responds back being as busy as she is.
Have you seen Dr. Claire Serrato, MD?
Are you Dr. Serrato?