Dr. Claire Serrato, MD

Gynecology •  Female • Age 60

Dr. Serrato
1820 Ogden Dr Ste 200 Burlingame, CA 94010

Dr. Claire Serrato, MD is a gynecology specialist in Burlingame, CA and has been practicing for 23 years. She graduated from University of California At San Francisco in 1993 and specializes in gynecology, diagnostic ultrasound imaging, and more.

• Recent Reviews Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Hospital satisfaction Patients said they were highly satisfied at this doctor's hospital. See hospitals

Dr. Serrato accepts

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Serrato's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Serrato's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Serrato

Dr. Serrato?
Dr. Serrato's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Claire Serrato, MD
I wish there were 10 stars I can give Dr. Serrato. She was my third opinion doctor (first doctor wanted to do major surgery, second said I should wait). My neighbor who is a world renowned doctor told me I MUST see Dr. Serrato before I decide on major surgery. When I went to see Dr. Serrato she was professional, knowledgeable, kind and understanding. She ordered another ultrasound and also requested an MRI. After all my results came back she recommend a noninvasive surgery and explained all the benefits, research and outcome. At this point I felt so confident I was with the right doctor who truly cared about me. I was home the same day and the recovery time was only a few days. I was further impressed when she personally called me to tell me the results which were all good. I would highly recommend Dr. Serrato- A doctor who excels on every level of her practice.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Claire Serrato, MD?
I had a terrific experience with Dr. Claire Serrato, who performed my robotic-assisted hysterectomy nearly 5 mos. ago. I had an enlarged uterus w/ multiple fibroids. She's extremely knowledgeable, very highly skilled (!) and thoroughly answered all my questions. The pre-op surgical nurse said she's seen many surgeons in her day and assured me Dr. Serrato is 'the best in the business.' Post-op pain was minimal, healing smooth & incision sites fading cleanly. I'd highly recommend her!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Claire Serrato, MD?
Dr. Serrato most recently performed a robot assisted full hysterectomy on me with the Da Vinci surgical system. She answered all questions and addressed all concerns before and after, responding to all phone calls and emails in a remarkably timely manner. My recovery has been quicker and easier than I could have imagined. Dr. Serrato's skills, knowledge and caring bedside manner are the combination that make her the only choice for me and my gynecologic health care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Claire Serrato, MD?
Dr. Serrato rececently performed my di Vinci hysterectomy. I have to admit I was a bit frightend about having surgery but Dr. Serrato was so understanding, kind and experienced she put me right at ease. She explained the procedure and reassured me that everything would be just fine. The surgery went perfectly. The recuperation time was pretty quick as I only had four small 1/2 inch incissions, much better than the large scar of a traditional hysterctomy. Thank you Dr. Serrato, you're the best!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Claire Serrato, MD?
Dr. Serrato used a minimally invasive option for my hysterectomy. The procedure went smoothly and I only needed to take one painkiller after I got home. Dr. Serrato clearly explains things and is patient with my questions. When I forget to ask a question, I would send her an email and she responds quickly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Claire Serrato, MD?
Dr. Serrato performed a laparascopic surgery using the Da Vinci Surgical System In February 2017. When I was wheeled into the OR, it looked like a giant Transformer was hovering over me. She literally sat across the room and guided the robot using monitors and controls. Mine was a complicated surgery including the removal of an egg-sized tumor. Without the robotics, I would have had a full-length abdominal scar and a much longer recovery time. I was glad I shose Dr. Serrato.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Claire Serrato, MD?
Dr. Serrato is a methodical practitioner and a measured, steady surgeon. She immediately guided me through the diagnostic process finally to arrive at recommended minimally invasive surgical treatment options. After the surgery, I learned that the ovarian issue was far more complex than we imagined at the outset, but Dr. Serrato was still able to correct the issue, leaving me with normal, healthy anatomy and healing ahead of schedule. I highly recommend seeing her for any ob/gyn issues.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Claire Serrato, MD?
I recently (3/3/17) had Dr. Claire Serrato perform a total hysterectomy on me by way of the DaVinci Robot. I thought the pain would be intense, but to my surprise I am healing very nicely. The worse part of the pain was the day of the surgery, and it was very tolerable with pain meds. I owe my amazing surgery as well as my great recovery to the very talented Dr. Serrato. I highly recommend her skills to anyone in need of a hysterectomy or any GYN surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Claire Serrato, MD?
I am so grateful to have found Dr. Claire Serrato, who is an amazing doctor. She has a friendly, reassuring bedside manner, is extremely knowledgeable and a truly gifted surgeon. She performed robotic surgery to remove an ovary and both fallopian tubes and the whole process was so easy and virtually pain free from the day of surgery through recovery. I was pleasantly shocked at how truly “minimally invasive” it all was and almost 3 weeks after surgery the scars are barely noticeable.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Claire Serrato, MD?
Dr. Serrato,is a amazing doctor. She is an advocate for her patients. She took many hours out of her busy day of caring for people to fight my insurance company for my surgery. I am one of Jehovah's Wittness and Claire was very supportive of my medical choices. She is warm and as her patient I felt that she genuinely cared about me as a person. She focused on me during office visits. she is a excellent surgeon . I had robotic surgery and I highly recommend it to all.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Claire Serrato, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Serrato?

I believe in personalized care - offering multiple options and figuring out what is best for each patient. I believe that each patient is an individual and that they should have a say in their care and treatment options. With my ultrasound training I...

• Gynecology

Uc Los Angeles
1982
USF

1820 Ogden Dr Ste 200 Burlingame, CA 94010

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Serrato treats patients.

Mills Health Center

San Mateo, CA
  • America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ (2020, 2019, 2018)
  • America's 50 Best Hospitals Award™ (2020, 2019, 2018)

83% Patient experience rating, 14% higher than the national average

• America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ (2020, 2019, 2018)
  • America's 50 Best Hospitals Award™ (2020, 2019, 2018)
  • Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ (2019, 2018, 2017)

Sequoia Hospital

Redwood City, CA

81% Patient experience rating, 12% higher than the national average

• Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ (2019, 2018, 2017)
  • Patient Safety Excellence Award™ (2017)