Dr. Claire Serrato, MD

GynecologyFemaleAge 61

Dr. Claire Serrato, MD is a Gynecology Specialist in Burlingame, CA and has over 28 years of experience in the medical field. She graduated from University of California At San Francisco medical school in 1993. She is affiliated with medical facilities such as Mills Health Center and Mills-Peninsula Medical Center. She is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Serrato to book an appointment.

Dr. Serrato

Dr Claire Serrato MD

1820 Ogden Dr Ste 200 Burlingame, CA 94010

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Gynecology Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals
  • Hospital Satisfaction

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Serrato's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Serrato treats this condition more than 62% of her peers

Vaginal Prolapse

Dr. Serrato treats Vaginal Prolapse more than 57% of her peers

Dr. Serrato treats this condition more than 57% of her peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Anterior Vaginal Wall Prolapse

• Fallopian Tube Disorders
  • Female Infertility
  • Gestational Diabetes
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Leiomyoma
  • Menopause
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Miscarriages
  • Ovarian Diseases
  • Pap Smear Abnormalities
  • Pelvic Cancer
  • Pelvic Floor Disorders
  • Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID)
  • Perimenopause
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Preeclampsia
  • Sexual Dysfunction
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Symptomatic Menopause
  • Vulvar Cancer
  • Vulvar Diseases
  • Yeast Infections

Dr. Serrato accepts

Dr. Serrato accepts the following insurance:

Advantage-CA HMO
WellPoint

Dr. Serrato's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Serrato

Dr. Serrato?
  • Office environment (44)
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (42)
  • Appointment scheduling (41)
  • Appointment was rushed (3)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (3)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (3)
Dr Serrato is one of the most professional, skilled, kind, supportive and precise doctors I’ve ever had the pleasure of meeting. She performed minimally invasive surgery to remove an ovarian cyst and my ovaries. I had very little pain, recovery was very smooth and my incision marks are minimal. For my first surgery, this was the best possible outcome thanks to Dr. Serrato. I would highly recommend her.
Tori – Jun 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Claire Serrato, MD?
I wish there were 10 stars I can give Dr. Serrato. She was my third opinion doctor (first doctor wanted to do major surgery, second said I should wait). My neighbor who is a world renowned doctor told me I MUST see Dr. Serrato before I decide on major surgery. When I went to see Dr. Serrato she was professional, knowledgeable, kind and understanding. She ordered another ultrasound and also requested an MRI. After all my results came back she recommend a noninvasive surgery and explained all the benefits, research and outcome. At this point I felt so confident I was with the right doctor who truly cared about me. I was home the same day and the recovery time was only a few days. I was further impressed when she personally called me to tell me the results which were all good. I would highly recommend Dr. Serrato- A doctor who excels on every level of her practice.
I.S., Palo Alto, CA – Feb 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Claire Serrato, MD?
I had a terrific experience with Dr. Claire Serrato, who performed my robotic-assisted hysterectomy nearly 5 mos. ago. I had an enlarged uterus w/ multiple fibroids. She's extremely knowledgeable, very highly skilled (!) and thoroughly answered all my questions. The pre-op surgical nurse said she's seen many surgeons in her day and assured me Dr. Serrato is 'the best in the business.' Post-op pain was minimal, healing smooth & incision sites fading cleanly. I'd highly recommend her!
Lisa L. in Redwood City, CA – Dec 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Claire Serrato, MD?
Dr. Serrato most recently performed a robot assisted full hysterectomy on me with the Da Vinci surgical system. She answered all questions and addressed all concerns before and after, responding to all phone calls and emails in a remarkably timely manner. My recovery has been quicker and easier than I could have imagined. Dr. Serrato's skills, knowledge and caring bedside manner are the combination that make her the only choice for me and my gynecologic health care.
Sally Morton in Atherton, CA – May 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Claire Serrato, MD?
Dr. Serrato rececently performed my di Vinci hysterectomy. I have to admit I was a bit frightend about having surgery but Dr. Serrato was so understanding, kind and experienced she put me right at ease. She explained the procedure and reassured me that everything would be just fine. The surgery went perfectly. The recuperation time was pretty quick as I only had four small 1/2 inch incissions, much better than the large scar of a traditional hysterctomy. Thank you Dr. Serrato, you're the best!
Joan in South San Francisco – Dec 12, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Claire Serrato, MD?
Dr. Serrato used a minimally invasive option for my hysterectomy. The procedure went smoothly and I only needed to take one painkiller after I got home. Dr. Serrato clearly explains things and is patient with my questions. When I forget to ask a question, I would send her an email and she responds quickly.
San Bruno, CA – Nov 18, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Claire Serrato, MD?
Dr. Serrato performed a laparascopic surgery using the Da Vinci Surgical System In February 2017. When I was wheeled into the OR, it looked like a giant Transformer was hovering over me. She literally sat across the room and guided the robot using monitors and controls. Mine was a complicated surgery including the removal of an egg-sized tumor. Without the robotics, I would have had a full-length abdominal scar and a much longer recovery time. I was glad I shose Dr. Serrato.
Andrea McGovern in San Francisco, CA – May 31, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Claire Serrato, MD?
Dr. Serrato is a methodical practitioner and a measured, steady surgeon. She immediately guided me through the diagnostic process finally to arrive at recommended minimally invasive surgical treatment options. After the surgery, I learned that the ovarian issue was far more complex than we imagined at the outset, but Dr. Serrato was still able to correct the issue, leaving me with normal, healthy anatomy and healing ahead of schedule. I highly recommend seeing her for any ob/gyn issues.
Marilyn P in Half Moon Bay, CA – Mar 24, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Claire Serrato, MD?
I recently (3/3/17) had Dr. Claire Serrato perform a total hysterectomy on me by way of the DaVinci Robot. I thought the pain would be intense, but to my surprise I am healing very nicely. The worse part of the pain was the day of the surgery, and it was very tolerable with pain meds. I owe my amazing surgery as well as my great recovery to the very talented Dr. Serrato. I highly recommend her skills to anyone in need of a hysterectomy or any GYN surgery.
Dawn Rodriguez in San Rafael, CA – Mar 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Claire Serrato, MD?
I am so grateful to have found Dr. Claire Serrato, who is an amazing doctor. She has a friendly, reassuring bedside manner, is extremely knowledgeable and a truly gifted surgeon. She performed robotic surgery to remove an ovary and both fallopian tubes and the whole process was so easy and virtually pain free from the day of surgery through recovery. I was pleasantly shocked at how truly “minimally invasive” it all was and almost 3 weeks after surgery the scars are barely noticeable.
E. Figone in South San Francisco, CA – Mar 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Claire Serrato, MD?
Dr. Serrato,is a amazing doctor. She is an advocate for her patients. She took many hours out of her busy day of caring for people to fight my insurance company for my surgery. I am one of Jehovah's Wittness and Claire was very supportive of my medical choices. She is warm and as her patient I felt that she genuinely cared about me as a person. She focused on me during office visits. she is a excellent surgeon . I had robotic surgery and I highly recommend it to all.
Avelina Callaghan in Orinda, CA – Feb 26, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Claire Serrato, MD?
Dr. Serrato performed my recent surgery, robotic myomectomy, and it turned out to be the most minimally invasive procedure, least recovery time, for uterine fibroid removal. I am so pleased and was back to work in four days! She is one of the most skilled doctors I've ever met and her warmth and empathy just add to the experience of being her patient. I would recommend this procedure, robotic myomectomy, and dr. Serrato of the SF Bay Area, to anyone in need of this procedure!!
C Hadley in Redwood city california – Dec 28, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Claire Serrato, MD?
Dr. Serrato is THE BEST! Dr. Serrato is an amazing, skilled surgeon with an excellent bedside manner. Every step of the way she explained the procedure including how to prepare for it and the recovery. Even in between appointments she answers questions and addresses any concerns through email and over the phone. I never felt like I was asking too many questions. I am incredibly grateful to have had Dr. Serrato perform my surgery. She is truly an incredible doctor!
Burlingame, CA – Jul 02, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Claire Serrato, MD?
EXPERT AND SKILLFUL - I had gone to a different gynecologist who had trouble with a simple biopsy. So, I switched to Dr. Serrato who had no trouble with the procedure. We subsequently did some watchful waiting, and ultimately decided on a hysterectomy. My recovery was so rapid that I and everyone around me was surprised. It must have been because she is a very skillful surgeon. Dr. Serrato is very experienced and trains other surgeons on minimally invasive gynecological procedures. She also
Allison J. in Burlingame, CA – Apr 18, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Claire Serrato, MD?
LOOK NO FURTHER! If I could give Dr. Serrato 10 stars I would. Excellent surgery skills and she truly cares for you like a family member! She answered all my questions at all hours of the day and night with promptness via email, in addition to her answering my questions during office visits. She did an overran cystectomy (2 serous cystadenomas including a large 7.2CM one) and saved my ovary which she knew was important to me. Single site robotic surgery with barely a scar. Love her!
Lynda in San Francisco, CA – Mar 30, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Claire Serrato, MD?
Dr. Serrato is fantastic. An ultrasound found an enlarged uterus due to fibroids that was close to my kidneys and could be dangerous. Dr. Serrato called very soon after seeing the results and had me come into her office on a Friday and then back the next Monday for a follow-up test. I opted for robotic surgery and Dr. Serrato was always available via e-mail and phone as I had questions prior to the surgery and post-op. It is amazing how quickly she responds back being as busy as she is.
San Bruno, CA – Jan 11, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Claire Serrato, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Serrato?

I believe in personalized care - offering multiple options and figuring out what is best for each patient. I believe that each patient is an individual...Read more

• Gynecology