Dr. Claire Serrato, MD

Dr. Claire Serrato, MD

Gynecology | Female

1820 Ogden Dr Ste 200 Burlingame, CA 94010 Get Directions

I believe in personalized care - offering multiple options and figuring out what is best for each patient. I believe that each patient is an individual and that they should have a say in their care and treatment options. With my ultrasound training I can offer a direct opinion about a patient's condition and what surgical approaches might work. I believe in trying to do minimally invasive surgery if a patient is a potential candidate

Dr. Claire Serrato, MD is a gynecology doctor who practices in Burlingame, CA. She is 57 years old and has been practicing for 24 years. Dr. Serrato is affiliated with Mills Health Center.

Dr. Serrato's Experience

See how Dr. Serrato's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Serrato

Dr. Serrato accepts 10 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Serrato has admitting privileges.

Dr. Serrato's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Serrato to family and friends
    Dr. Serrato's Performance
    in Half Moon Bay, CA |
    Dr. Serrato is a methodical practitioner and a measured, steady surgeon. She immediately guided me through the diagnostic process finally to arrive at recommended minimally invasive surgical treatment options. After the surgery, I learned that the ovarian issue was far more complex than we imagined at the outset, but Dr. Serrato was still able to correct the issue, leaving me with normal, healthy anatomy and healing ahead of schedule. I highly recommend seeing her for any ob/gyn issues.
    in San Rafael, CA |
    I recently (3/3/17) had Dr. Claire Serrato perform a total hysterectomy on me by way of the DaVinci Robot. I thought the pain would be intense, but to my surprise I am healing very nicely. The worse part of the pain was the day of the surgery, and it was very tolerable with pain meds. I owe my amazing surgery as well as my great recovery to the very talented Dr. Serrato. I highly recommend her skills to anyone in need of a hysterectomy or any GYN surgery.
    in South San Francisco, CA |
    I am so grateful to have found Dr. Claire Serrato, who is an amazing doctor. She has a friendly, reassuring bedside manner, is extremely knowledgeable and a truly gifted surgeon. She performed robotic surgery to remove an ovary and both fallopian tubes and the whole process was so easy and virtually pain free from the day of surgery through recovery. I was pleasantly shocked at how truly “minimally invasive” it all was and almost 3 weeks after surgery the scars are barely noticeable.
    in Orinda, CA |
    Dr. Serrato,is a amazing doctor. She is an advocate for her patients. She took many hours out of her busy day of caring for people to fight my insurance company for my surgery. I am one of Jehovah's Wittness and Claire was very supportive of my medical choices. She is warm and as her patient I felt that she genuinely cared about me as a person. She focused on me during office visits. she is a excellent surgeon . I had robotic surgery and I highly recommend it to all.
    in Redwood city california |
    Dr. Serrato performed my recent surgery, robotic myomectomy, and it turned out to be the most minimally invasive procedure, least recovery time, for uterine fibroid removal. I am so pleased and was back to work in four days! She is one of the most skilled doctors I've ever met and her warmth and empathy just add to the experience of being her patient. I would recommend this procedure, robotic myomectomy, and dr. Serrato of the SF Bay Area, to anyone in need of this procedure!!
    Burlingame, CA |
    Dr. Serrato is THE BEST! Dr. Serrato is an amazing, skilled surgeon with an excellent bedside manner. Every step of the way she explained the procedure including how to prepare for it and the recovery. Even in between appointments she answers questions and addresses any concerns through email and over the phone. I never felt like I was asking too many questions. I am incredibly grateful to have had Dr. Serrato perform my surgery. She is truly an incredible doctor!
    in El Sobrante, CA |
    Turned away after waiting a month.
    in Burlingame, CA |
    EXPERT AND SKILLFUL - I had gone to a different gynecologist who had trouble with a simple biopsy. So, I switched to Dr. Serrato who had no trouble with the procedure. We subsequently did some watchful waiting, and ultimately decided on a hysterectomy. My recovery was so rapid that I and everyone around me was surprised. It must have been because she is a very skillful surgeon. Dr. Serrato is very experienced and trains other surgeons on minimally invasive gynecological procedures. She also
    in San Francisco, CA |
    LOOK NO FURTHER! If I could give Dr. Serrato 10 stars I would. Excellent surgery skills and she truly cares for you like a family member! She answered all my questions at all hours of the day and night with promptness via email, in addition to her answering my questions during office visits. She did an overran cystectomy (2 serous cystadenomas including a large 7.2CM one) and saved my ovary which she knew was important to me. Single site robotic surgery with barely a scar. Love her!
    San Bruno, CA |
    Dr. Serrato is fantastic. An ultrasound found an enlarged uterus due to fibroids that was close to my kidneys and could be dangerous. Dr. Serrato called very soon after seeing the results and had me come into her office on a Friday and then back the next Monday for a follow-up test. I opted for robotic surgery and Dr. Serrato was always available via e-mail and phone as I had questions prior to the surgery and post-op. It is amazing how quickly she responds back being as busy as she is.
    Have you seen Dr. Claire Serrato, MD?
    Are you Dr. Serrato?

Dr. Serrato's Care Philosophy

Dr. Serrato says...

Extensive training in the da Vinci Surgery System

"With the da Vinci Surgical System, surgeons operate through just a few small incisions. The da Vinci System features a magnified 3D high-definition vision system and tiny wristed instruments that bend and rotate far greater than the human wrist. As a result, da Vinci enables your surgeon to operate with enhanced vision, precision, dexterity and control.

Minimally invasive da Vinci uses the latest in surgical and robotics technologies. da Vinci is beneficial for performing routine and complex surgery. Your surgeon is 100% in control of the da Vinci System, which translates his or her hand movements into smaller, more precise movements of tiny instruments inside your body. da Vinci – taking surgery beyond the limits of the human hand." www.davincisurgery,com

Dr. Serrato's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Gynecology
    •  Board certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology

Dr. Serrato has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for California.

Why It Matters: Dr. Serrato's Board Certifications

• Fallopian Tube Cancer
    • Female Infertility
    • Gestational Diabetes
    • Gynecologic Cancer
    • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
    • Leiomyoma
    • Mastodynia
    • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
    • Menopause
    • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
    • Miscarriages
    • Ovarian Diseases
    • Pap Smear Abnormalities
    • Pelvic Cancer
    • Pelvic Floor Disorders
    • Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID)
    • Perimenopause
    • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
    • Preeclampsia
    • Sexual Dysfunction
    • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
    • Symptomatic Menopause

Graduated in 1982

• Other Education
      Uc Los Angeles

Completed in 1985

Dr. Serrato does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Serrato and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Gynecology
    • Diagnostic Ultrasound Imaging
    • Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery
    • Robotic Surgery

• Birth Control
    • Colporrhaphy
    • Colposcopy
    • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
    • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
    • Single Incision Laparoscopic Surgery
    • Supracervical Hysterectomy
    • Thyroid Screening
    • Total Salpingectomy With Robotic Assistance
    • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
    • Vaginal Hysterectomy