Dr. Chun-Po Yen, MD

Dr. Chun-Po Yen, MD

Neurosurgery  ·
Male
Dr. Chun-Po Yen, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Charlottesville, VA and has been practicing for 2 years. He graduated from Kaohsiung Medical University in 1993 and specializes in neurosurgery, neurological spine reconstructive surgery, and more.Read his story

415 Ray C Hunt Dr # 3100

Charlottesville, VA 22903

Learn about Dr. Yen

See how frequently Dr. Yen performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Spine Disorders
Intervertebral Disc Disease
Scoliosis

Dr. Yen's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Yen's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Yen "I was born and raised in Taiwan. In 1993, I earned my medical degree from Kaohsiung Medical University in Taiwan. I completed my first neurosurgical residency there in 2000 and also became certified by the Taiwan Board of Neurosurgery. I was on the clinical faculty in the Department of Neurosurgery at Kaohsiung Medical University from 2000 until 2007. I came to the University of Virginia in 2007 and have held various positions in the Department of Neurosurgery. From 2007-2010 I was an assistant professor of research and a clinical fellow. From 2010-2012 I was a clinical fellow in neuro-oncology under Mark Shaffrey, MD. From 2011-2012 I was a clinical instructor as well as an attending neurosurgeon. I completed my second neurosurgical residency at the University of Virginia from 2012-2016 to become eligible for the American Board of Neurological Surgeons. I also completed a one-year minimally invasive spine fellowship at University of South Florida in 2016. I was appointed associate professor of neurosurgery at the University of Virginia in 2016. I have co-authored over 100 publications in scholarly journals and 20 book chapters. In addition, I have presented at over 70 scientific meetings and invited lectureships. I am married to Lichu Kuo. We have two kids, Wayne and Katelyn. I enjoy sports, music and being with friends and family in my free time."

• Neurosurgery
  • Minimally Invasive Neurological Spine Surgery
  • Neurological Spine Reconstructive Surgery
  • Neurological Spine Surgery

Dr. Yen does not have any board certifications listed.

• Broken Neck
  • Ear Disorders
  • Secondary Malignancies
  • Spinal Cord Injury
  • Spondylosis
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Thrombosis
  • Traumatic Brain Injury

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• Kaohsiung Medical University
    Medical School | Graduated 1993
  • University of Virginia
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2016
  • University of South Florida
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2016

Dr. Yen has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Yen has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Yen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Yen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Yen's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Yen

Dr. Yen?
Dr. Yen's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Chun-Po Yen, MD
Dr. Yen performed a 6 hour thoracic discectomy on me at UVA. He spent the most time with me of any doctor I have seen and did not force me out of his office. I would trust him to perform any surgery going forward.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chun-Po Yen, MD?
Without Dr. Yen, I would not be here. He literally saved my life. Kudos to his entire staff, too. I can not emphasize how wonderful my experience with the UVA Health System has been.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chun-Po Yen, MD?
I met Dr. Yen on Aug 3, 2016 ... if/when i need any spine surgery he is my #1 choice. He was very thorough, thoughtful yet honest and compassionate. He really listened to me. He answered all my questions and more. He took lots of time to show and explained my previous and current MRI scans and...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Chun-Po Yen, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Yen?