Dr. Christopher Yeung, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryMaleAge 52

Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Christopher Yeung, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Phoenix, AZ and has over 21 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Yeung has extensive experience in Spine Disorders & Surgical Procedures. He graduated from University of California At Irvine / California College of Medicine & Surgery in 2001. He is affiliated with medical facilities Honorhealth Scottsdale Shea Medical Center and The Core Institute Specialty Hospital. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Christopher Yeung, MD

1635 E Myrtle Ave Ste 400 Phoenix, AZ 85020

Compare with other Orthopedic Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Yeung with our nearby Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at MAYO.

These providers are on the medical staff of MAYO.

Dr. Yeung's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Yeung

7.207207207207207%

Dr. Yeung

Disc Fusion Surgery
THE WORLDS BEST SPINE SURGEON ! Dr. Yeung is so very caring, patient, professional and thorough. I am so grateful that I was referred to him, because I would not have had my disc fusion surgery if it wasn't for him. He has operated on many professional athletes and they are still playing, that alone told me he was a "miracle worker". In my opinion Dr. Yeung is a genius in his field. After seeing the x-rays of my spine post surgery my husband described his work as a "work of art". It has been one year and I am doing well! I absolutely and sincerely recommend him to anyone who has lower back pain. Dr. Yeung is honest and empathic and will advise you on the very best solution that will fix your problem. I will be forever thankful to you Dr. Yeung! Rita S. - Aug. 2, 2022
Aug 03, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Yeung, MD?
A back/neck surgeon that cares about YOU!
Dr. Christopher Yeung is a fantastic doctor and worthy of five stars. He is a caring surgeon who strives to see his patients are pain free. I have recommended him to several friends with terrific results. My back is a mess, but Dr. Yeung has kept me walking and feeling great. His credentials, bed-side manners, and demeanor are fantastic. I drive from Prescott Valley to see this doctor—and should be a positive indicator of my trust.
David H. – Jul 07, 2022
Thank you for an amazing feedback! We are pleased...Read More
Back surgery
Dr. Yeung did spinal fusion surgery on me 6 months ago. The source of the 37 years of pain was resolved completely. I strongly recommend Dr. Yeung whenever I am in conversation with others that have back pain.
Steve Moore – Jul 07, 2022
Thank you for your awesome feedback! We are happy...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Yeung, MD?
World's Best Spine Surgeon! Thank you Dr. Yeung!
I would give more than 5 stars if I could and I am next-level grateful that I found Dr. Christopher Yeung for my spine surgery!! I am a super active person and fitness and the training I do is a HUGE part of my life and who I am and I felt like Dr. Yeung "got that" about me completely upon our initial consultation. He's successfully operated on so many professional athletes who continue on to play pro and really cares about getting patients back to their normal health and athletic performance! That gave me a great deal of comfort and confidence in choosing him to perform my surgery. He worked me into his surgical schedule quickly, was incredibly patient and attentive to thoroughly answer all of my oh-so-many questions, and made me feel so much more at ease during a very scary time. All of the staff and Physician Assistants were so caring and helpful, too, and everyone was fantastic to work with...prompt, thorough, caring, helpful, etc. I'm healing well and forever grateful to Dr. Yeung
Elizabeth A. – Jul 07, 2022
Diagnosis
Dr. Yeung and his PA took plenty of time to study my imaging and diagnose my pain source and condition. They also explained their findings and options clearly. I appreciate Andrew and his very good work taking x-rays. He is precise and very considerate.
CLA – Jun 17, 2022
Glad to hear you were pleased with Dr. Yeung and...Read More
Best Orthopedic Surgeon ever
I consider Dr. Yeung to be the best Orthopedic Surgeon that I have ever had the pleasure to meet. He is caring, empathetic, professional and courteous. I first met Dr. Yeung in 2018 after relocating from New York City, New York to Phoenix Arizona. After my first consult, at which time I could barely walk Dr. Yeung went over my latest MRI with me personally and discussed in detail what was affecting my ability to be able to walk. After my consult, Dr. Yeung made a recommendation to me about having Disc Fusion Surgery. I took his advice and had the surgery. What a great decision that I made. It's going on 4 years now since my fusion surgery and I am still doing great. I would highly recommend him to anyone who needs to understand their orthopedic issues and find the best solution.
  • Long wait times
Louis Edwards – May 26, 2022
Very friendly, knowledgeable Dr
Doc takes as much time as needed to discuss your concern(s) & possible solutions
Baerbel Garrahan – May 20, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Yeung, MD?
One year check up for major lumbar spinal fusion.
Kate – May 04, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Yeung, MD?
Dr. Yeung is simply the Best !!
Recently had my second procedure performed by Dr. Yeung. Just like first time everything was completely explained & the procedure went very well. Three weeks into recovery & I'm doing just fine. Dr. Yeung is very compassionate, accessible& skilled. I highly recommend the entire DISC organization.
Barrie Blum – Apr 27, 2022
Perfect surgeon
I had to have emergency back surgery by Dr. C Yeung my spine had collapsed while taking care of my disabled brother, my surgery was scheduled right away and everything went perfect. I am doing well almost 1 year post surgery.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Lynnmarie – Mar 17, 2022
Forever grateful
Forever grateful, The entire staff from check in to check out surgeons, assistance, x-ray techs are all amazing and cannot thank them enough for what they have done for me
David – Mar 16, 2022
Amazing surgeon
Dr. Yeung fused some 4 vertebrae 2 years ago and a final follow-up was yesterday. The MRI and Xrays are a pieces of art and need to be seen to be appreciated.
Roger A – Mar 11, 2022
Amazing
I had a great experience right from my first consultation to my spine surgery. Jennifer the dr assistant spent lots of time with my husband and I. And then Dr Christoper Yeung came into the appt and explained everything we needed to know about my condition and what type of surgery would be needed. Right away we knew he was the one to do the surgery. The surgery was done in the Squaw Peak facility Feb 9/2. The whole experience rt from scheduler Monica to the wonderful nurses Gabby and Kayla was nothing but short of amazing. I highly recommend Dr Yeung and the team. I am from Canada and was so surprised how quickly the process moved forward. Karen
Feb 25, 2022
DISC Spine Institue Dr. Yeung
I was impressed with the front desk, PA, and Dr. Yeung. I did not have a procedure. I only had an evaluation.
Feb 08, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Yeung, MD?
I met with Dr. Yeung to review my most recent lumbosacral MRI and recommend potential treatment options. He was very thorough and clear in his explanation of the MRI imaging and confidently recommended fusion as a way to straighten and relieve pressure, inflammation and pain and restore my quality of life. Using an actual physical model of the lumbar spine, he showed me exactly how the repair would be done, the titanium components used, their placement, etc. All of my interactions with the staff at DISC were pleasant and professional. Jennifer, Dr Yeung’s PA, was very helpful; and Adam, the X-ray Tech, is both outstanding at his job and delightfully entertaining. The idea of spine surgery is still intimidating; but if I get it done, I have full confidence in Dr. Yeung’s expertise and experience.
Joan E – Jan 26, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Yeung, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Yeung. Having tried everything to relieve the pain in my back, I was referred to Dr. Yeung to explore surgical solutions. Unfortunately, so many discs were involved that a surgical solution was impractical. However, Dr. Yeung did not stop there, but through discussion identified another means of relieving some of my pain by focusing on a related back problem. From that moment, my interactions with Dr. Yeung, his staff at the Institute as well as the Core Specialty Surgical Center which he uses were exceptional. Needless to say, the pain connected with this back problem is gone, and I am now looking forward to using Dr. Yeung's recommended physical therapist to help with the disc problem. Dr. Yeung is knowledgeable and professional with a charming manner. I feel blessed that I had the opportunity to have him as my doctor.
Jill S. – Dec 23, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Yeung, MD?
Dr Yeung was thorough and professional.
Dec 15, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Yeung, MD?
I had previously visited with Dr. Yeung in 2016. After meeting with him in 12/09/21 I found that I was promptly processed and was interviewed by his PA, Luke, a very competent and likeable person. Dr. Yeung spent close to an hour discussing my MRI's and called in his partner, Dr. Wang, to discuss surgery options. They were very thorough and at the end of the discussion we settled on a procedure that was minimally invasive that would address my spinal stenosis. He explained the procedure carefully and answered my questions. I was very pleased and I am looking forward to completing the surgery recommended. C. Perez
C. Perez – Dec 10, 2021
Previously stated.
Nick Ruggeri – Oct 30, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Yeung, MD?
Went incredibly well, with the threat of paralysis from the waist down, I had concerns to say the least. Successful back surgery 7 years earlier for a pinched nerve in the cervical area and there was no doubt in my mind who I trusted and had the confidence in to help me. I thank you sir for your God given talents! Eric D.
Oct 28, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Yeung, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Yeung?