Dr. Christopher Yeung, MD

Dr. Christopher Yeung, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Christopher Yeung, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Phoenix, AZ. He is 47 years old and has been practicing for 21 years.

1635 E Myrtle Ave Ste 400

Phoenix, AZ 85020

Learn about Dr. Yeung

See how frequently Dr. Yeung performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Sciatica (Not Due to Disc Displacement)
Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
Back Pain

Dr. Yeung's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Adhesive Capsulitis
  • Arthritis of the Elbow
  • Ataxia
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Gout
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Limb Cramp

• Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Spinal Compression Fracture Repair
  • Spinal Cord Stimulation
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Synovial Biopsy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• Keck School Of Medicine Of The Univ Of Southern California
    Medical School | Graduated 1996
  • U Ca Irvine Med Ctr
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1997
  • U Sc
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2002

Dr. Yeung has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Yeung does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Yeung and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Yeung's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Yeung to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Yeung's Performance
Gilbert, AZ |
Dr. Yeung is an excellent surgeon and very knowledgeable regarding the different treatments available. I felt like I was in good hands. His PA Chad White takes time with patients and makes you feel like you are an important part of their practice.
in Litchfield Park, AZ |
Dr Yeung, Chad and the entire team gave me a wonderful outcome. My spinal stenosis had prevented me from standing or walking for more than 20 minutes without my legs going numb. Dr Yeung said he could solve my problem and he did. One year after surgery, I am completely symptom free and have my life back. Chris and Chad took the time to fully explain the procedure and answer my questions clearly and thoroughly. I couldn't be happier with the outcome. I would highly recommend this team to others.
in Fountain Hills, AZ |
After 2 other surgeries by other surgeons and many years of pain, I have finally gotten pain relief from my last surgery performed by Dr. Yeung. This was an extensive surgery and I will not say the surgery itself was painless, but after 3 months I was totally without pain including right after getting out of bed. I had actually forgotten how wonderful that is. I was afraid that since I'm 70, my bones wouldn't heal, but he performed what I can consider a miracle. Dr. Yeung is an artist.
in Fountain Hills, AZ |
I suffered from back pain that continued to increase in frequency, and intensity. I have herniated discs, along with spinal stenosis due to arthritis. Dr Yeung proposed 3 options, injections, nerve ablation, or surgery. He made it clear that the surgery may not reduce all of my pain. I opted for the surgery which was a hemilaminotomy, and I am thrilled with the results. I am back to loving life, thanks to your expertise! I will be proposing a toast to you as I raft down the Colorado River!
in Scottsdale, Arizona |
I would highly recommend Dr. Yeung and the entire staff at Desert Institute for Spine Care (DISC). I have suffered from lower back pain and sciatica the majority of my adult life and for the first time in over 10 years I feel relief and have the confidence that I can finally get back to leading a normal life of exercising, golfing, etc, as a result of the procedure that I had 2 months ago.
in Mesa, AZ |
I had spinal fusion almost a year ago and it turned out great. I have no pain and have been able to return to all of my normal activities. I would recommend Dr. Christopher Yeung to my friends and family. He is a very skilled and caring surgeon.
Gilbert, AZ |
I was highly resistant to even the thought of spinal surgery; but after two chiropractors and 3 months of PT with very little as far as results, I needed to do something different. So glad my PT referred me to Dr. Yeung. Treated my lumbar spinal stenosis with an outpatient surgery. From the day OF surgery, I was free of the bilateral numbness which kept me from walking more than two blocks for the past 6 months. The day after surgery and for the next two weeks, I've been walking 5-6 miles/day!
in El Mirage, AZ |
I waited 1 hour & 15 minutes to go to a patient's room. 2 hours & 15 minutes past my appointment time I was DISMISSED by C. Yeung. This guy essentially alluded to the fact that my waiting was justified to have face time with him, did not review my records before coming into my room & suggested a treatment I've already done (a discogram: which was extremely painful & will never do again ), stated he couldn't possibly review my records because he sees 30 patients a day, and ended up dismissing me
in Youngtown, Az |
I had 3 surgeries done by Dr. Yeung which involved the S6, L5 and L4. This surgery was done back in 2008. I had another surgery done for the L3 in 2010. These vertebras were attached to rods. I never had a problem with pain after these surgeries. All though, if you are heavy, you need to lose weight otherwise you will ruin what was done. A pot in front will put pressure on the spine. Also, keep moving. As of today, January 27th, 2017, I have had no problems with my back.
in Irvine, CA |
WONDERFUL SURGEON/STAFF! Dr. Christopher Yeung is the best possible spine surgeon with IDEAL OUTCOMES & follow up communications. With my dad, it started with active, focused listening, exam & 5-10 follow up questions, verifying his assumptions. Then with MRI results in hand, he and his team rearranged schedules, secured the operating theater and rushed my dad into surgery ASAP. Kelly Lacey was the angel who held our hands & helped us navigate the frightening process. I'm eternally grateful.
in Phoenix, AZ |
As the old saying goes, if I could give worse than 1 star I would I had 3 separate appointments with this facility each with above normal wait times. The first one I waited 1 hour. The 2nd one 1.5 hours, which I left. The 3rd I waited 1.25 hours I have been waiting for weeks to have them fill a prescription. My insurance denied one of the ingredients in a compounding cream, and the compounding pharmacy has tried to reach this facility multiple times and the Doctors office is not responding
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Yeung explained the procedure completely.
in Queen Creek, AZ |
Working with Dr. Yeung was a life changing experience. Prior to my surgery, I suffered from chronic neck pain, causing shooting pains up and down my arms. I was unable to spend time with my family the way that I wanted due to the constant pain. Now that I have had the surgery, I feel like me again. My family and I truly thank Dr. Yeung for his help. I would highly recommend his services.
in Gold Canyon, AZ |
Dr. Christopher Yeung at Desert Institute for Spine Care gave me my life back after performing a L5-S1 ALIF fusion. I very highly recommend Dr. Chris Yeung for anyone with severe back pain.I went to many surgeons before him and was told there was no surgical option and to take more pain meds. Thankfully I found DISC and Dr. yeung! I can't thank him enough.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Just two weeks ago I could barely walk without significant pain in my low back. In fact, without a walker, I could barely move. Dr. Christopher Yeung removed the herniated disc material with a surgical procedure that left a scar smaller than my baby fingernail. I am, 2 weeks post-op, and am completely pain free and walking 1-3 miles daily. I do have to wait a total of 3 months before I can return to my beloved golf course but that is to insure complete healing. I have my life back!
in Chandler, AZ |
The appointment wait time was 1 hour and 25 minutes from scheduled appointment time. He was irritated that I was the last patient and did not want to deal with me because he wanted to go home. He spent approximately 20 minutes with me, did not answer any questions or concerns I had and would only direct his comments concerning me to my wife. He would not talk to me at all even thought I was the patient. If he treats all his patients this way, it is a wonder he is still in business.
Have you seen Dr. Christopher Yeung, MD?
Are you Dr. Yeung?