Dr. Christopher Van Pelt, MD

Dr. Christopher Van Pelt, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Christopher Van Pelt, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Greenville, SC. He is 43 years old and has been practicing for 17 years.

35 International Dr

Greenville, SC 29615

Learn about Dr. Van Pelt

See how frequently Dr. Van Pelt performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)
Chronic Neck Pain

Dr. Van Pelt's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Gout
  • Hip Fracture
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture

• Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hip Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Hip Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Closed
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Neuroplasty
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Spinal Compression Fracture Repair
  • Spinal Cord Stimulation
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Synovial Biopsy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for South Carolina.

• West Virginia University
    Medical School | Graduated 2000

Dr. Van Pelt has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Van Pelt does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Van Pelt and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Van Pelt's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Van Pelt to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Van Pelt's Performance
in Due West, SC |
I was thoroughly pleased with Dr. Van Pelt and the staff at Piedmont Orthopedics on Grove Road in Greenville, SC. From the moment I first visited his office, Dr Van Pelt presented himself in a stellar professional manner. He made several recommendations and afforded the courtesy of allowing me to make decisions about my healthcare. At no time did I feel pressured to have anything done, but certainly felt confident in his expertise and advice. I would certainly recommend him to anyone!
piedmont, sc |
Hi, I was in need of a L5 S1spinal fusion for a year. let me tell you it was a long year filled with a ton of emotions, worries and fears. I put off surgery for the very reasons that I'm sure most do. I was afraid of the procedure itself along with trusting the right surgeon to do it. I chose POA I loved the entire process from start to finish. Dr. Van Pelt was and is amazing along with his entire staff. The healing process is long but push your self and stay strong,God has touched Dr. Van Pelt
Greenville, SC |
I would recommend Dr. Van Pelt to anyone. He is a wonderful, caring doctor who is also a very skilled surgeon. I had spinal stenosis in my lower vertebra (L3 & L4). He performed a laminectomy and a spinal fusion with 2 rods and 4 screws in December, 2016. The recovery was very quick and I am pain free!!!
in Greer, SC |
I met with Dr. Van Pelt twice before deciding to schedule my lumbar fusion and he always made me feel like I was his priority while in his office. I scheduled the surgery in Mid. December. I was up and walking the very next day, and to my surprise absolutely NO PAIN. I was amazed. Dr. Van Pelt gave me my life back and after I realized my recovery was not as bad as everyone had been telling me I wish I had not waited so long to seek treatment in the first place.
in Easley, SC |
An accident left me with severe pain radiating from my hip to foot. After ER visit, many doctor visits, PT and injections there were still many unknowns. Then I met Dr. Van Pelt. His demeanor instantly calmed my fears. I felt he was extremely honest and thoroughly answered my questions. He explained the procedure and reviewed it again with me at the hospital. He totally took care of my needs. He and his staff were extremely kind. I am very grateful for him and strongly recommend Dr. Van Pelt.
in Seneca, SC |
For several years I had increasing pain in my legs and low back, to the point that I was no longer able to walk without pain and had to sit or lie down to get relief. After prayerful consideration, I felt the Lord was leading me to Dr. Van Pelt. I found that he and his staff were very professional and efficient in every way. I had a lumbar laminectomy about two weeks ago. I have healed quickly and I am now able to walk free of pain! He provided excellent care, and I highly recommend him!
in Greer, SC |
Dr. Van Pelt, through an MRI, diagnosed a bulging disc in my lower back as the cause of the sciatic nerve pain in my left leg. Dr. Van Pelt outlined a process called lumbar laminectomy which involved removal of some of the bony structure around the nerve to relieve the pressure on the nerve. His description of the process made sense so I opted for the surgery and can say the result was very good. I thank Dr. Van Pelt for his skill and knowledge which provided this positive outcome for me.
in Taylors SC |
I went to Dr Van Pelt with debilitating nerve pain in my butt and legs making it difficult to do anything. We decided to go ahead with the Lumbar Laminectomy which was completed about 2.5 weeks ago. I'm glad to report the nerve pain is 100% gone! I still have some pain (less every day) from the surgery but for me I would say it's been 100% successful. The only downside to report is I had to wait a few months to get scheduled. That could reflect the demand for a doctor with a good track record.
in Greenville, SC |
I was experiencing pain and numbness in my right leg and foot and found it painful to walk. An MRI showed a cyst on my spine pressing on a nerve. Dr. Van Pelt did surgery on my back to remove the cyst and now the pain and numbness in my leg is completely gone. I am so thankful for his help.
in Greenville, SC |
Last year I experienced debilitating pain down my left leg that kept me in bed & out of work for 3 months. I couldn't sit or stand, & nothing relieved it. I thought I'd never work or do the things I enjoyed again. I'd been told that due to my big size, surgeons may be hesitant to perform my surgery. Dr. Van Pelt saw my MRI and did not hesitate to help me. He performed a micro discectomy on me at L5,S1. My relief: Profound & Immediate. I returned to work 3 wks.later! Dr Van Pelt is outstanding.
Have you seen Dr. Christopher Van Pelt, MD?
Are you Dr. Van Pelt?