Dr. Christopher Van Pelt, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Dr. Christopher Van Pelt, MD
Dr. Christopher Van Pelt, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Greenville, SC. He is 42 years old and has been practicing for 17 years. Dr. Van Pelt is affiliated with Bon Secours St. Francis Health System - St. Francis - Downtown.

Dr. Van Pelt's Experience

See how Dr. Van Pelt's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Van Pelt

Dr. Van Pelt accepts 23 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Van Pelt has admitting privileges.

Dr. Van Pelt's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Van Pelt to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Van Pelt's Performance
Greenville, SC |
I would recommend Dr. Van Pelt to anyone. He is a wonderful, caring doctor who is also a very skilled surgeon. I had spinal stenosis in my lower vertebra (L3 & L4). He performed a laminectomy and a spinal fusion with 2 rods and 4 screws in December, 2016. The recovery was very quick and I am pain free!!!
in Greer, SC |
I met with Dr. Van Pelt twice before deciding to schedule my lumbar fusion and he always made me feel like I was his priority while in his office. I scheduled the surgery in Mid. December. I was up and walking the very next day, and to my surprise absolutely NO PAIN. I was amazed. Dr. Van Pelt gave me my life back and after I realized my recovery was not as bad as everyone had been telling me I wish I had not waited so long to seek treatment in the first place.
in Easley, SC |
An accident left me with severe pain radiating from my hip to foot. After ER visit, many doctor visits, PT and injections there were still many unknowns. Then I met Dr. Van Pelt. His demeanor instantly calmed my fears. I felt he was extremely honest and thoroughly answered my questions. He explained the procedure and reviewed it again with me at the hospital. He totally took care of my needs. He and his staff were extremely kind. I am very grateful for him and strongly recommend Dr. Van Pelt.
in Seneca, SC |
For several years I had increasing pain in my legs and low back, to the point that I was no longer able to walk without pain and had to sit or lie down to get relief. After prayerful consideration, I felt the Lord was leading me to Dr. Van Pelt. I found that he and his staff were very professional and efficient in every way. I had a lumbar laminectomy about two weeks ago. I have healed quickly and I am now able to walk free of pain! He provided excellent care, and I highly recommend him!
in Greer, SC |
Dr. Van Pelt, through an MRI, diagnosed a bulging disc in my lower back as the cause of the sciatic nerve pain in my left leg. Dr. Van Pelt outlined a process called lumbar laminectomy which involved removal of some of the bony structure around the nerve to relieve the pressure on the nerve. His description of the process made sense so I opted for the surgery and can say the result was very good. I thank Dr. Van Pelt for his skill and knowledge which provided this positive outcome for me.
in Taylors SC |
I went to Dr Van Pelt with debilitating nerve pain in my butt and legs making it difficult to do anything. We decided to go ahead with the Lumbar Laminectomy which was completed about 2.5 weeks ago. I'm glad to report the nerve pain is 100% gone! I still have some pain (less every day) from the surgery but for me I would say it's been 100% successful. The only downside to report is I had to wait a few months to get scheduled. That could reflect the demand for a doctor with a good track record.
in Greenville, SC |
I was experiencing pain and numbness in my right leg and foot and found it painful to walk. An MRI showed a cyst on my spine pressing on a nerve. Dr. Van Pelt did surgery on my back to remove the cyst and now the pain and numbness in my leg is completely gone. I am so thankful for his help.
in Greenville, SC |
Last year I experienced debilitating pain down my left leg that kept me in bed & out of work for 3 months. I couldn't sit or stand, & nothing relieved it. I thought I'd never work or do the things I enjoyed again. I'd been told that due to my big size, surgeons may be hesitant to perform my surgery. Dr. Van Pelt saw my MRI and did not hesitate to help me. He performed a micro discectomy on me at L5,S1. My relief: Profound & Immediate. I returned to work 3 wks.later! Dr Van Pelt is outstanding.
Have you seen Dr. Christopher Van Pelt, MD?
Are you Dr. Van Pelt?

Compare Dr. Van Pelt

Dr. Van Pelt's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in South Carolina not available

Dr. Van Pelt has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for South Carolina.

Why It Matters: Dr. Van Pelt's Board Certifications

• Hip Fracture
  • Hip Sprain
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Fracture
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures
  • Rotator Cuff Tear
  • Spinal Cord Injury

West Virginia University

Graduated in 2000

Dr. Van Pelt does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Van Pelt and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Elbow Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Hand and Wrist Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hip Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Hip Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Closed
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Spinal Compression Fracture Repair