Dr. Christopher Van Pelt, MD

Orthopedic Surgery ·  Male · Age 44

Dr. Van Pelt

Piedmont Orthopaedic - 35 International Drive

35 International Dr Greenville, SC 29615

Dr. Christopher Van Pelt, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Greenville, SC and has been practicing for 19 years. He graduated from West Virginia University in 2000 and specializes in orthopedic surgery.

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Van Pelt

Dr. Van Pelt?
Dr. Van Pelt's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Christopher Van Pelt, MD
RecentMost Helpful
Dr. Van Pelt did a laminectomy Jan. 2, 2019 at St. Francis downtown. I had back problems for many years and finally tried nerve blocks which only worked one of three times so after consulting Dr. Van Pelt I decided to do the laminectomy. Now I wish I had done this years ago as my recovery was less than two weeks and I rate the surgery 100% successful and so thankful for answered prayers and the knowledge and skill of an awesome surgeon.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Van Pelt, MD?
I had been suffering for months from low back pain with pain radiating down my hip into my calf with numbness in my foot. MRI showed L-4 L-5 herniation. I tried chiropractor, massage, and acupuncture with no relief. I was afraid to have back surgery. I saw Dr Van Pelt and had surgery June 26, 2018. It was the best thing I could have done. I was back to work within 2 weeks . I would highly recommend Dr. Van Pelt. The staff at the office and at St. Francis were wonderful. Linda McCullough, RN
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Van Pelt, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Van Pelt & staff & credit him with giving me back a quality of life. I experienced balance problems, eratic gait and tingling/numbness in my arm/fingers along with other body function problems that suddenly escalated. Suspecting a spinal problem & having been a patient of POA for years w/knee & shoulder surgeries, I set an appointment. Within 3 weeks I was diagnosed, anterior/posterior neck surgery complete w/immediate results. A 5-star rating is insufficient so I give 10.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Van Pelt, MD?
For years I have experienced lower back pain as well as shooting nerve pain in my legs. After many years, the pain walking was unbearable. I was recommended to Dr. Van Pelt. He was very professional and thought surgery would be best . After confirming he had done thousands of these spinal operations, I agreed. The surgery was only 2 hours and the pain relief was immediate. The nurses and therapist were amazed at my progress and ability to walk so quickly. I was happy and pain free.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Van Pelt, MD?
I was thoroughly pleased with Dr. Van Pelt and the staff at Piedmont Orthopedics on Grove Road in Greenville, SC. From the moment I first visited his office, Dr Van Pelt presented himself in a stellar professional manner. He made several recommendations and afforded the courtesy of allowing me to make decisions about my healthcare. At no time did I feel pressured to have anything done, but certainly felt confident in his expertise and advice. I would certainly recommend him to anyone!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Van Pelt, MD?
Hi, I was in need of a L5 S1spinal fusion for a year. let me tell you it was a long year filled with a ton of emotions, worries and fears. I put off surgery for the very reasons that I'm sure most do. I was afraid of the procedure itself along with trusting the right surgeon to do it. I chose POA I loved the entire process from start to finish. Dr. Van Pelt was and is amazing along with his entire staff. The healing process is long but push your self and stay strong,God has touched Dr. Van Pelt
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Van Pelt, MD?
I would recommend Dr. Van Pelt to anyone. He is a wonderful, caring doctor who is also a very skilled surgeon. I had spinal stenosis in my lower vertebra (L3 & L4). He performed a laminectomy and a spinal fusion with 2 rods and 4 screws in December, 2016. The recovery was very quick and I am pain free!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Van Pelt, MD?
I met with Dr. Van Pelt twice before deciding to schedule my lumbar fusion and he always made me feel like I was his priority while in his office. I scheduled the surgery in Mid. December. I was up and walking the very next day, and to my surprise absolutely NO PAIN. I was amazed. Dr. Van Pelt gave me my life back and after I realized my recovery was not as bad as everyone had been telling me I wish I had not waited so long to seek treatment in the first place.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Van Pelt, MD?
An accident left me with severe pain radiating from my hip to foot. After ER visit, many doctor visits, PT and injections there were still many unknowns. Then I met Dr. Van Pelt. His demeanor instantly calmed my fears. I felt he was extremely honest and thoroughly answered my questions. He explained the procedure and reviewed it again with me at the hospital. He totally took care of my needs. He and his staff were extremely kind. I am very grateful for him and strongly recommend Dr. Van Pelt.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Van Pelt, MD?
For several years I had increasing pain in my legs and low back, to the point that I was no longer able to walk without pain and had to sit or lie down to get relief. After prayerful consideration, I felt the Lord was leading me to Dr. Van Pelt. I found that he and his staff were very professional and efficient in every way. I had a lumbar laminectomy about two weeks ago. I have healed quickly and I am now able to walk free of pain! He provided excellent care, and I highly recommend him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Van Pelt, MD?
Dr. Van Pelt, through an MRI, diagnosed a bulging disc in my lower back as the cause of the sciatic nerve pain in my left leg. Dr. Van Pelt outlined a process called lumbar laminectomy which involved removal of some of the bony structure around the nerve to relieve the pressure on the nerve. His description of the process made sense so I opted for the surgery and can say the result was very good. I thank Dr. Van Pelt for his skill and knowledge which provided this positive outcome for me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Van Pelt, MD?
I went to Dr Van Pelt with debilitating nerve pain in my butt and legs making it difficult to do anything. We decided to go ahead with the Lumbar Laminectomy which was completed about 2.5 weeks ago. I'm glad to report the nerve pain is 100% gone! I still have some pain (less every day) from the surgery but for me I would say it's been 100% successful. The only downside to report is I had to wait a few months to get scheduled. That could reflect the demand for a doctor with a good track record.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Van Pelt, MD?
I was experiencing pain and numbness in my right leg and foot and found it painful to walk. An MRI showed a cyst on my spine pressing on a nerve. Dr. Van Pelt did surgery on my back to remove the cyst and now the pain and numbness in my leg is completely gone. I am so thankful for his help.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Van Pelt, MD?
Last year I experienced debilitating pain down my left leg that kept me in bed & out of work for 3 months. I couldn't sit or stand, & nothing relieved it. I thought I'd never work or do the things I enjoyed again. I'd been told that due to my big size, surgeons may be hesitant to perform my surgery. Dr. Van Pelt saw my MRI and did not hesitate to help me. He performed a micro discectomy on me at L5,S1. My relief: Profound & Immediate. I returned to work 3 wks.later! Dr Van Pelt is outstanding.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Van Pelt, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Van Pelt?

2000

• Progressive Spinal Muscular Atrophy
  • Progressive Spinobulbar Muscular Atrophy
  • Spinal Cord Tumor
  • Spinal Dysostosis, Anhalt Type
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy, Ryukyuan Type

• Hip Fracture
  • Hip Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Hip Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Closed
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Limb Cramp
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Spondylosis
  • Synovial Biopsy
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Torticollis

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Van Pelt treats patients.