Dr. Christopher Tomaras, MD

Dr. Christopher Tomaras, MD

Neurosurgery  ·

Dr. Christopher Tomaras, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Atlanta, GA and has been practicing for 21 years. He specializes in neurosurgery.Read his story

Polaris Spine Wellness Center

1150 Hammond Dr Ste 650

Atlanta, GA 30328

No malpractice claims found for Georgia

Check Dr. Tomaras' experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Tomaras' Top Procedures and Conditions

Spondylosis

Dr. Tomaras treats Spondylosis more than 60% of his peers

Dr. Tomaras treats this condition more than 60% of his peers

Spine Disorders

Dr. Tomaras treats Spine Disorders more than 41% of his peers

Dr. Tomaras treats this condition more than 41% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Arthritis of the Spine
  • Degenerative Spine Diseases
  • Ossification of the Posterior Longitudinal Ligament of the Spine
  • Pediatric Spinal Tumor
  • Progressive Spinal Muscular Atrophy
  • Progressive Spinobulbar Muscular Atrophy
  • Spinal Cord Tumor
  • Spinal Dysostosis, Anhalt Type
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy, Ryukyuan Type

• Disability Evaluation
  • Disc Replacement
  • Foot Pain
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Low Back Procedure
  • Rehabilitation Therapy
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spondylosis
  • Stiffness

Polaris Spine & Neurosurgery delivers premium care with a personal touch across the full spectrum of brain and spine care needs. Since our inception in 1979 as Peachtree Neurosurgery, we’ve been recognized for having innovative technologies...

• Neurosurgery

1998
Baylor College Of Medicine
1993
Baylor College Of Medicine
1992
The University Of Tennessee At Chattanooga-M.D.
1987

2.1844660194174756%

Dr. Tomaras?
Dr. Tomaras' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Christopher Tomaras, MD
I had a microsdiscectomy for a far lateral disc herniation at L4/L5 by Dr. Tamaras and I am worse off than I was before the surgery. I got another MRI five weeks after surgery which showed residual herniation that was not completely removed. Dr Tomaras elected to go with a midline approach which involved removing a fair amount of my facet joint. After consulting with two other neurosurgeons, the proper route would have been to go lateral. This would have preserved my facet joint and the herniation would have been much easier to get to. I realize there are multiple ways to approach different things but when two other neurosurgeons say "you have a direct path to the herniation going laterally and you would not have to sacrifice the facet joint”,  and “it would be very hard to get to the herniation with a midline approach”, I cannot wrack my brain as to why he would even consider not going the lateral route. From what I understand, the only reason a surgeon usually goes medial is they don
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Tomaras, MD?
I had a ruptured disc in my neck which was causing lots of pain and numbness in my right arm. PT and an epidural only helped some. I saw Dr. Tomaras at Polaris and he recommended that I undergo an artificial disc replacement. This was new to me -- I had heard about fusions before. He said I was a good candidate for a replacement and that it is much better procedure for the patient. I did some research and decided to go ahead. I have only positive things to say. Amazingly, this surgery is a 45-minute outpatient procedure. There is some pain and discomfort for the first few days afterwards, but it's not bad at all. And my neck/arm pain is completely gone. Of course, long-term outcome and prognosis is most important, but I have every reason to believe it will be good. Dr. Tomaras was exceptionally personable and took the time to explain the procedure and talk with me about it. I think he's a great surgeon too from all that I learned about him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Tomaras, MD?
Amazing doctor and staff. They helped me out quickly and were very good at providing quality care
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Tomaras, MD?
Dr. Tomaras performed surgery on a disk herniation . It has been a little over two weeks, and I am doing very well. I am 58 and feel like I have a new lease on life. I now have minimal lower back pain and continues to get better each day. Having the surgery in their facility is so convenient. Dr. Tomaras, the surgical staff, assistants, and front office were great across the board.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Tomaras, MD?
I recommend Doctor Tomaras to any one that needs the best results from a surgery, I had all ofthe inside of my neck replaced . My brother in law had the same thing done to his, only he's had 3 more surgeries on it . I told him to go to Tomaras , he WISHES now he had, I have an Aunt that wants to get him to look at her neck now. Thanks to the whole team and Dr. Tomaras.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Tomaras, MD?
SAVED MY LIFE AND FOUGHT MY INSUARANCE COMPANY FOR ME! LOVE HIM AND JOHN AND DONNA. Would recommend them to everyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Tomaras, MD?
Dr. Tomaras did a great job. He met high expecations given me by friends who recommended him. The pretty much removed all the pain I had before the surgery, which was pain in the arm from a pinched nerve due to a herniated disc. He removed the existing disc and replaced it. Dr. Tomaras, other doctors, and professionals were very friendly, attentive, and helpful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Tomaras, MD?
Dr. Tomaras has absolutely excellent bedside manners! He sat down right in front of me and patiently listened (without ever interrupting) as I explained my health history and current pain. His facial and body language was very compassionate and sympathetic. After listening he thoroughly explained all my medical/surgical options in lammens terms. Since I had with me a recent MRI and CT Scan, he immediately reviewed them right there, and after just my 1st visit, he scheduled me for surgery!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Tomaras, MD?
Office staff is very professional, organized and friendly. Dr. Tomaras and his PA John are very professional, concerned, and could not be nicer. The entire physician team work as a team, that gave me a great sense of relief, that separated them from all other groups I interviewed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Tomaras, MD?
Dr. Tomaras did for me what no other doctor had been able to do in 17 years...he got rid of my pain!! First he figured out what was wrong!! Then he fixed it with a spinal fusion and I have had a life with no more pain meds!! I didn't think that was ever going to be possible. He was wonderful, caring and I would, without hesitation, recommend him to anyone needing spinal surgery. In fact, my son had spinal surgery shortly after I did for a ruptured disc. I am 5 years+ out and going strong!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Tomaras, MD?
The results I received from the treatment from Dr Tamaras and his staff were remarkable. He and his staff were very professional and kind.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Tomaras, MD?
Dr Tomaras and John are very caring and knowledgeable. They kept me at ease and took great care of me and my cervical fusion. The pain in my left arm and shoulder were gone when I woke up after surgery, I’m still a little sore in my neck , but that is very minute compared to the suffering I was in. Anyone needing a neurosurgeon I can’t rate Dr Tomaras high enough and having his assistant John is a huge bonus. Thank you very much
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Tomaras, MD?
Dr. Tomaras was fast and efficient I felt like I got all the answers I needed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Tomaras, MD?
Dr. Tomares removed 3 discs and fused 5 discs. (Excuse my laymen language.). It's been 3 weeks. I am doing so well. I suffered for over a year (before I went to Dr T) with herniated and bulging discs. My sciatica rendered me house bound. I fully believe once I'm fully recovered from surgery, I will have life back! We tried less-invasive procedures first, but fusion was the only option for me. Dr. Tomares, John, Donna and Carrie are a top-notch team. Very assessable!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Tomaras, MD?
Dr. Tomaras is a great surgeon with a gentle, easy going manner. He explains the details associated with your care plan well. His assistant John is compassionate and hands. The office staff is pleasant. However, calls are not returned quickly; on occasion, I had to place multiple calls with voice mail to get a call back by the third day after initial call. Would have returned to Dr. Tomares for more surgery, but he doesn't take Tricare. Sorry but the military secures your freedom to work.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Tomaras, MD?
Very Down to earth, Very well informed, Great personality, and listens to his patients. Would Def. Recommend !!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Tomaras, MD?
Dr. Tomaras took more time than the other doctors in this office. Out of the few I've seen at Polaris, he is the one I would see again, just not at the Polaris location. The other providers' energy is very negative, and only clouds Dr. Tomaras' presence.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Tomaras, MD?
Dr. Tomaras literally saved my life. I had been in excruciating pain for over 6 mos. Referred by a friend, When we called, they made the appointment within the week. The following week we scheduled surgery. Being self employed I could not be out for an extended period of time so out-patient surgery was do-able. Awakening from surgery was the 1st time I have ever had a surgery that the the pain being totally gone. Thank you, Dr. Tomaras & your great staff for giving me the best Christmas ever!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Tomaras, MD?
Excellent results-great experience before and after surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Tomaras, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Tomaras?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Tomaras treats patients.

Compare Providers