Family Medicine  |
Dr. Christopher Thompson, MD
Dr. Christopher Thompson, MD is a family medicine doctor who practices in Smyrna, TN. He is 50 years old and has been practicing for 23 years. Dr. Thompson is affiliated with Tristar Centennial Medical Center and Tristar Stonecrest Medical Center.

StoneCrest Family Physicians

300 Stonecrest Blvd Ste 100

Smyrna, TN 37167

• American General
  • American International Group (AIG)
  • American Republic
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • CHAMPVA
  • Compassionate Care Network (CCN)
  • CoreSource

Learn about Dr. Thompson

Our group of Board Certified Family Physicians specializes in your entire family's healthcare needs. Our highly skilled physicians and staff are committed to helping families improve their over-all health while providing first class patient care and satisfaction. We believe your family deserves a family physician!

Dr. Thompson's Experience

Dr. Thompson's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine

• Stitches
  • Vasectomy
  • Wart Removal
  • Wound Care and Management

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• David Lipscomb University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1989
  • University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1994
  • University Of Tennessee
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • University of Tennessee Medical Center -Knoxville

Dr. Thompson has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Thompson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Thompson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Thompson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Thompson to family and friends
Dr. Thompson's Performance
Smyrna, TN |
Dr. Thompson takes the time to talk to me and work with me to address health concerns. He has a great patient/doctor rapport, and I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone. In fact, I have done just that, and now they are also patients of Dr. Thompson.
Thank you for the positive feedback! We appreciate the kind words.
Franklin, TN |
I LIKE DR.THOMPSON BECAUSE HE VERY NICE,POLITE AND VERY EASY TO TALK TO. HE DOES ANSWER MY QUESTIONS FOR ME. IF I DON'T UNDERSTAND THE ANSWERS HE TELLS ME UNTIL I UNDERSTAND. HE SEEMS CONCERNED FOR ME AS A PERSON AND AS A PATIENT.
Thank you for the positive feedback! We appreciate the kind words.
I think Dr Thompson is very informative and helpful doctor
La Vergne, TN |
Dr Thompson is the best. My family and I have been going to him for over 16 years. Couldn't ask for a better doctor.
Smyrna, TN |
Dr. Thompson has been my doctor for many years. He always answers my question and makes a referral when needed. He is always courteous, respectful and listens to my concerns. I respect his opinion.
in Murfreesboro, TN |
Dr. Thompson has been my doctor for years. Dr. Thompson is a fantastic doctor. As a patient he has my best interest in mind. With Dr. Thompson there is a comfortably when talking with him. He is encouraging and supportive. His staff is always pleasant.
in Smyrna, TN |
My husband and I met Dr. Thompson when he was working in the ER @ StoneCrest Medical Center. I was so grateful he was the physician working that night. When Dr. Thompson opened his practice we had no question who we wanted as our Provider @ StoneCrest Family Physicians. Dr. Thompson is always so professional while still making you feel like your a family member, taking the time to listen and not making you feel like your holding him back from seeing the next patient.
in Smyrna TN |
He is an amazing man and a GREAT Dr. He listens and always answers questions and any concerns. Makes sure you understand he says. It is always a great experience when going to see Dr "T"!!
in Antioch, Tennessee |
I have always had good experiences with Dr.Thompson. He is kind hearted and easy to talk to. He takes time answering any questions I might have and is also a good listener. My daughter loves joking around with him and he takes time to talk to her about school, music or whatever interest her.
in Lascassas, TN |
I have been a patient of Dr. Thompson for the last 17 years. He and his staff are the ultimate professionals. They care about their patients and take the time to listen. They have a wonderful bedside manner and always treat you as if you are their most important patient. They are just like family.
in Smyrna, TN |
Dr. Thompson has been my doctor for 17 years . He found a heart problem and I was able to have by-pass surgery before I had a heart failure in 2002. He has also gone out of his way to help me to find a specialist when it was needed. I have been able to see him when I called to make a appointment.
in smyrna tn. |
excellent doctor!!! I have been with him many years, bed side manner is above excellent. staff is great. I have had to walk in when I have been sick and he saw me between his clients. still spent time with me. I have not had to wait more than 10 minutes when I have had an appointment. this year I had to change insurances. I am going out of network to continue with dr.Thompson as my dr.
in Murfreesboro, Tn |
Dr. Thompson sees our family and has for many years. He takes time to listen, has sound advice, only orders tests and meds if absolutely needed. He knows his patients and wants only the best care for them. We are so grateful.
in Murfreesboro, TN |
I have always been pleased with the services and care I receive from Dr Thompson and his staff. His staff is always very nice and easy to talk to, they ask the right questions and they listen. Dr Thompson is an excellent Doctor, I have always been able to talk to him and explain my aliments that I have and he listens very well and offers excellent advice on how to take care of what is bothering me. He is not about giving out a lot of medication and getting rid of you, he is truly concerned.
in Mount Juliet, TN |
There is not enough space to write all the wonderful things I'd like to express regarding Dr. Thompson (& his office staff). He's been my primary care doctor for some 23 years :-) I have moved several times BUT never did it cross my mind to change my doctor due to my new home location, as there is simply none to compared to him in my opinion. He's the BEST! If you're seeking a doctor you will NOT find any other as wonderful. He see ALL patients, no Nurse Practitioner, can't beat that!!!
Murfreesboro, tn |
Very nice, easy to understand, great with kids and adults. It's nice when your kids are not afraid to come to the doctor. :)
in LaVergne, TN |
I went in and told him i was throwing up a lot and he said i had ibs. Then when i started throwing up blood he refered me to a gi doctor that took almost 2 weeks to call and set up an appointment. By then id already found my own doctor. Im going to the gi monday to see why blood is present and it is absolutely no thanks to dr. Thompson. Thanks for making me a nonpriority. Hope it was just me you didnt like.
Smyrna, TN |
Family doctor for years. Stayed with us through thick and thin. Knows both medicine and insurance issues. Does not reccommend or refer unneeded tests or treatments. Also reaches out to give international aide to children in needy countries. Has helped me bring my kids up! I would reccommend him to anyone in a heart beat.
Have you seen Dr. Christopher Thompson, MD?

See our Family Medicine Specialist at TriStar Southern Hills Medical Center

Visit Dr. Thompson

Not Accepting New Patients
Dr. Thompson accepts 28 insurance carriers
  • American General
  • American International Group (AIG)
  • American Republic
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • CHAMPVA
  • Compassionate Care Network (CCN)
  • CoreSource
  • Golden Rule
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • MedHealthInsurance