Dr. Christopher Sliva, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Rockford Spine Center Limited 2902 McFarland Rd Ste 300 Rockford, IL 61107 Get Directions
Dr. Christopher Sliva, MD
Dr. Christopher Sliva, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Rockford, IL. He is 44 years old and has been practicing for 18 years. Dr. Sliva is affiliated with Osf Saint Anthony Medical Center, Rockford Memorial Hospital and SwedishAmerican Hospital.

Dr. Sliva's Experience

See how Dr. Sliva's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Sliva

Dr. Sliva accepts 4 insurance carriers

Dr. Sliva is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Sliva has admitting privileges.

Dr. Sliva's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sliva to family and friends
Dr. Sliva's Performance
Belvidere, IL |
I could not be happier!! Would definitely recommend Dr. Sliva and Rockford Spine Center. Wonderful doctor and I felt very confident having him as my doctor. I have been pain free since surgery.
in Genoa, IL |
Before my surgery I was unable to stand more than 2 minutes at a time and had trouble walking for more than 5 minutes. Dr. Sliva corrected a prior surgery I had with instrumentation. He removed and replaced the instrumentation, and added some new instrumentation for more stability. I am now able to stand and walk without pain.
Loves Park, Illinois |
I would tell anyone in need of a Orthopedic Doctor to call Dr. Sliva. He was easy to talk to and answered even my smallest questions.
in Rockford, IL |
During the several meetings with Dr. Sliva, I was presented with a very clear evaluation of my condition and the suggested procedure to correct it. Dr. Sliva gave me all the time needed to ask questions and to discuss the procedure as well as the expected outcome. The procedure and the expected outcome were exactly as we had discussed! He hit the nail on the head. I am extremely pleased with every aspect of my experience with Dr. Sliva and his staff. Highly recommend!
in laSalle, IL. |
Excellent personality and mannerism. Explains totally what will be done with my own problem. Very caring office. Explains in detail the whole surgical procedure and post operative steps for recovery. I have total respect for Dr. Sliva and his surgical knowledge.
in Rockford, IL |
Dr. Sliva did my first back surgery two years ago , however due to my hard hotheadedness I over did it a year after my surgery and bulged the disc above where he had previously done the work. What he did two years ago was awesome. He went in and repaired the additional damage and I have to say I am again Pain free. Great Job Dr. Sliva. I promise I will listen this time !!!
in Winnebago, IL |
Dr. Silva recommended surgery for a severe back problem, which I fully anticipated I would need. The surgery was a success and following his instructions, my recovery has been better than expected.
in Buda, IL |
Dr. Sliva and staff were extremely professional. He explained my problem and gave me the option of surgery or not. Due to the fact that walking and holding my grandchildren was almost impossible to do gave me the resolve to go through with surgery. The outpatient procedure allowed me to walk out of the hospital without pain and get my physical activities back. I am able to walk without pain and looking forward to my fall hunting with my sons and grandsons!
in Rockford, IL |
My experience with Dr. Sliva (including staff) was exceptional. He explained everything about the procedure so there was absolutely no ambiguity. He listens and answered all my questions. The procedure went flawlessly and as a result, I am a new man. He performed a very thorough follow-up. I would also like to recognize Dr. Sliva's nurse (Meghan). She went out of her way to meet my many requests and to answer many of my questions during recovery.
in Spring Valley, IL |
The diagnosis and corrective spinal fusion performed by Dr. Sliva was life changing. Equally impressive and meaningful to me was his caring, thoughtful and responsive manner during the two office visits I've had, as well as a bedside stop he made, minutes before my surgery. It's rare, I've heard, for technical surgical expertise to be partnered with a truly nice and warm human being. Dr. Sliva does both superbly.
in Dixon, IL |
Dr. Sliva explained the surgery to me and every thing that would happen so even though I was afraid when I was first told I needed surgery, he made it less scary!
in Roscoe, IL |
Dr. Sliva was great. He found a problem with a previous Dr.s work and fixed it. Do not hesitate to go see him.
in Rockford, IL |
Dr. Sliva has gone above and beyond to help me continue to exercise and be active in spite of my lower lumbar issues. It is very important for my mental health that I stay active. He has a great bedside manner and he doesn't make you feel rushed. He wants to spent time with his patients and makes sure all questions are answered. Communication is vey important to me, Dr. Sliva and team exhibit this behavior very well. The Doctor, The P.A. and Nurse are all aware of what issues are happening.
in Rockford, IL |
This doctor is amazing. I had a 2 level spinal fusion 7 weeks ago and I am very nearly pain free. He is kind, compassionate and an extremely skilled surgeon. His whole staff is wonderful. I had a horrible experience with a different back surgeon 8 years ago, so I was very nervous and wary of meeting Dr. Sliva. But, I was so happy with him that I recommend anyone with back pain to go to him. He has given my quality of life back.
in Rockford, IL |
I could not be more pleased with the results of my surgery. I was advised that I could be out of work for 2-6 weeks but I only missed one week. I was pain free six weeks after surgery after having chronic back pain for several years. Dr. Sliva has a great bedside manner, is easy to talk to and takes the time to explain the procedure so you can understand.
in Peru, IL |
I have the highest respect for Dr. Sliva and his staff at the Rockford Spine Center. Everyone was caring, compassionate and professional. The whole staff made me feel comfortable and welcomed. Dr. Sliva was very detailed in explaining all my options before my surgery. I went into my surgery with extreme pain and came out painless. Thank you Dr. Sliva!
in Peru, IL |
I have never been more impressed with a Dr./ Staff in my life. the feeling of being cared for was above and beyond. And you could tell it was true and from the heart. from Jamie in coordinating, to Vikki in billing dept., to Brooke my contact nurse. Everyone Was Top Notch! Dr. Sliva found out what was causing all my neck pain in less than 15 seconds of looking at my MRI. and was very descriptive in all aspects of what to undersand with my procedure.
Very positive experience
in Kingston, IL |
Greatest Dr. I've ever had.
in Rockford, IL |
Dr. Sliva is the best! He and his staff made me feel at ease at every visit, even though I was extremely nervous. He spoke to me as a real person, in terms that made sense to me. Everything was explained thoroughly and I was never made to feel rushed if I had questions. I felt that he was compassionate to my needs and I wasn't just another number. Although nobody wants to have spine issues, if you do, Dr Sliva is absolutely the Dr to choose!
in Rockford, IL |
It was not pain free but so happy that I did this.
Have you seen Dr. Christopher Sliva, MD?
Are you Dr. Sliva?

Compare Dr. Sliva

Dr. Sliva's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Sliva has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

Why It Matters: Dr. Sliva's Board Certifications

• Coccygeal Pain
  • Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Gout
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy

Rush Med Coll Of Rush Univ

Graduated in 1999

Dr. Sliva does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sliva and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection