Dr. Christopher Sherman, DO

Dr. Christopher Sherman, DO

Orthopedic Trauma Surgery  |
Male
Dr. Christopher Sherman is a leading Orthopedic Surgeon who serves patients from San Diego and Orange County from his three offices in Sorrento Valley, National City, and Mission Viejo, CA. Dr. Sherman provides treatment and care for foot, knee, and hip pain, sport and work-related injuries, traumatic injuries and fractures, as well as hip and knee replacement surgeries. Dr. Sherman obtained his Medical degree from the Midwestern University in 2005 and completed his residency and internship in Orthopedic Surgery at Riverside County Regional Medical Center in 2010. Dr. Sherman followed this with fellowships in the Orthopedic Trauma and Adult Joint Reconstruction at the University of California at San Diego in 2011. He received his Board Certification in Orthopedic Surgery 2015. It is Dr. Sherman's firm belief that in order to achieve the best possible outcomes, his practice must be committed to achieve exceptional results, provide personalized and comprehensive care, and stay abreast of the emerging trends and innovations in the Orthopedic field. Dr. Sherman stays busy taking emergency trauma call at multiple hospitals and tending to the needs of the patients at his three Southern California offices. In addition, Dr. Sherman's article regarding Intertrochanteric fractures was recently published in the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons. When not working with patients, Dr. Sherman enjoys exercising, spending time outdoors, traveling, and attending sporting events and academic conferences. Dr. Sherman welcomes all new patients to his practices, where most major forms of medical insurance are accepted. He speaks English and Spanish.

4910 Directors Pl Ste 350

San Diego, CA 92121

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Health Net
  • Keenan
  • Self Pay

Learn about Dr. Sherman

See how frequently Dr. Sherman performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Fracture
Clavicle Fracture
Shoulder Dislocation

Dr. Sherman's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Sherman "A succesful Orthopedic Surgery practice must be focused on effective communication, sound principle, a commitment to achieving exceptional results, and an emphasis on emerging trends and technologies."

• Orthopedic Trauma Surgery

• Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Gout
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lower Extremity Trauma

• Foot and Ankle DislocationTreatment, Open
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Fracture Open Reduction and Internal Fixation (ORIF)
  • Hand Surgery
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Total Joint Replacement
  • Trigger Finger Release

No malpractice history found for California.

• University Of Arizona
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1997
  • Midwestern University / Arizona College Of Osteopathic Medicine / Midwestern University
    Medical School | Graduated 2005
  • University Of California, San Diego
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2011
  • San Diego State University
    Other Education | Completed 1999

Dr. Sherman has no media or publications listed.

• California Orthopaedic Association, Member

Dr. Sherman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sherman to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Sherman's Performance
in San Diego, Ca |
Dr. Sherman is the absolute best ortho surgeon . He detected my sc joint dislocation in 2 visits. I had spent a year in pain from a MD who had no idea what to do with the dislocated sc joint . Dr Sherman knew from the start and got me right into surgery. Within 3 months I am completely healed. I would recommend his and the offices service 5 stars. Almost 4 months in and no pain what so ever. He is truly a miracle worker.
in San Diego, CA |
Dr Sherman is a highly skilled orthodedic surgeon. His progressive tenique to healing had me out of bed on the day of surgery for a total hip replacement. I was able to climb 2 flights of stairs 2 days after surgery with only a cane. Seven days after surgery, while active, my pain level is at a 2-3, and at a 0 when at rest. All of the prior internal pain is gone. His amazing staff including David, and Maribel made care and scheduling smooth. Thank you for making my world a better place.
in La Mesa, CA |
Dr. Sherman did a excellent job repairing my mother upper leg near her hip. We were lucky he was available, he was very clear what need to be done, the surgery went as planned, explained how it all went afterwards, talked to me with respect and kindness. Every follow-up visit he was super friendly, talked to us with great respect and clarity. The staff at his office was very friendly, very helpful, treated us with the utmost respect! Our last appt. we arrive early and got us out early!
in San Diego CA |
Got me back to work and back on the field with my kids.
in San Diego CA |
Dr. Sherman and his staff have been a pleasure to work with. Scheduling and office visits are friendly as well as professional and free of long waits and hassle at all locations. They have all gone well above and beyond what I expected !
in Huntington Beach, CA |
I have been under the care of Dr. Sherman for nearly two years, after my motorcycle accident almost left me as an amputee. So take it from me when I say this : There's absolutely nobody in this field I would recommend more than Dr. Sherman. I know he's going to give it to me straight, everytime, even though at times it's the last thing I want to hear. He's very knowledgeable and always makes me feel comfortable in his decision of the proper care and treatment of my leg. Wonderful staff, also!!
in riverside |
horrible doctor, broke my tib on my right ankle and i went to get ct scans to get surgery and when i went to go see him again he reviewed the films and told me im fine and that he will see me in 3 months to have the cast cut off. 3 months past and i get it cut off and when they did i looked at my ankle and coudnt believe what i had seen, my ankle looked like it had a baseball in it and it was super red. when i confronted him and told him to look at my ankle he said im fine dont worry about it
Santee, CA |
On 1st visit Dr Sherman determined I required surgery for a broken fibula. 2 hrs later I was in surgery and left for home 3 hrs after surgery. Thought the surgery would be at soonest a week later. Amazing! The Dr and all staff members made me feel comfortable, at ease, and as though I was the priority of their day. All were very friendly, professional and accommodating. I was able to get in for a splint adjustment without an appt, after calling 1st. Highly recommend! I do not dread future appts.
in Temecula, CA |
Dr Sherman did not know me as a patient. I was injured overseas and in a matter of an hour we had contacted him and he had contacted military Dr's in Germany to help them decide if they could do the surgery there. They all deemed it was necessary for me to come home. He saw me a day later and performed surgery a few days after that. He took a great deal of time with me explaining what would happen. He is a great surgeon and cares and strives for excellence. So grateful he was my surgeon.
in Murrieta, CA |
As a result of a motorcycle accident, I became a patient of Dr. Sherman's. I had a serious femur injury and after he operated on me, I began an arduous rehabilitative journey. I came to feel so blessed to have Dr. Sherman on my side. He remained involved in all aspects of my recovery. He is very approachable and has a great bedside manner. He made himself available to me anytime I needed him. I know he truly cares about my recovery. Dr. Sherman and his staff are amazing.
in Vista, CA |
In February I was crushed by a Eucalyptus tree, causing an open compound fracture of my left Tibia & Fibula, and mangled some tendons. In the ER Dr. Sherman was called to do my surgery, which took three hours. I spent six months under his care afterwards. Dr. Sherman and his team were absolutely fantastic. From day one Dr. Sherman was an outstanding professional from the surgery he performed to the way he and his team communicated with me and my wife. These guys are the best.
in CA |
Dr. Sherman is an exceptional physician, who made an indelible impact on my life. In Nov 2013, I sustained a severe compound fracture to my left leg and faced amputation on more than one occasion. My case was very complex for a myriad of reasons. Allow me to say the following: This is an extraordinary physician who is dedicated, authentic and talented. He possesses a tireless work ethic and is one of the kindest human beings I've ever known. Thx to him I'm walking. Highly recommend
in Del Mar, CA |
I came in for a consultation for my hip. Dr. Sherman met with me for a few minutes and suggested an MRI. I didn't hear anything for 2 weeks, so I called the office. They assured me that they were on the case and I had nothing to worry about. That was four months ago. I haven't heard anything since. I didn't have the greatest interaction with Dr. Sherman either, whose bedside manner I would describe as poor at best. However, this could have been overlooked if his office were competent.
in Escondido, CA |
Worst medical office experience of my life! I came to Dr. Sherman for a second opinion on my severe calcaneal fracture that needs surgery. I can honestly say he has the WORST bedside manner I've ever encountered and he is SO unprofessional. He walks into my room eating and chewing loudly, clueless about my case because he didn't take a second to even glance at my chart. The RN was rude and laughed at my pain. Dr. Sherman sounded very unintelligent & arrogant, and was rude to my family. Don't go
in Corona, CA |
DR SHERMAN IS THE BEST! HE SAVED ME FROM LOSING MY RIGHT FOOT, BY FUSING MY ANKLE AND HEEL.
Have you seen Dr. Christopher Sherman, DO?
Are you Dr. Sherman?