Dr. Christopher Shaari, MD

Dr. Christopher Shaari, MD

Ear, Nose, and Throat  |

Dr. Christopher M. Shaari is board certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology and has practiced in Hackensack, NJ as an Ear Nose and Throat Specialist since 1997. He became a physician at 23 years old, after completing the Six-year Accelerated Biomedical Program at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and Albany Medical College in 1991. He graduated Summa Cum Laude from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and graduated Cum Laude with Distinction in Research from Albany Medical College. He was inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society in his junior year and elected President the following year. While at Albany medical College he received the Daggett Trust Prize, the Merck Manual Medical Student Award, the Sandoz medical Student Award, the John Milton Bigelow Prize, the Alumni Association Travel Grant, the Jack Spitalny Memorial Research Fellowship and the Dean's Certificate for Outstanding Research Endeavor. He completed his internship, residency and fellowship training at Mt Sinai Medical Center in New York City in 1997. He was honored by the New York Head and Neck Society and was an invited speaker at the First International Conference on Botulinum Toxin in Munich, Germany in 1995. He authored nearly 20 peer-reviewed publications and gave over 20 national and international presentations. Dr Shaari has invented over 50 worldwide medical patents and has received over 50 awards from patients, doctors and nurses, including the Castle Connolly Award, NJ Monthly Top Doctor, Top 10 Otolaryngologist Specialist in New Jersey, The Arnold Gold Foundation Gold Doc Award, Patients Choice Award, Most Compassionate Physician Award, and Best Physicians as Chosen by Nurses award.

Christopher M Shaari MD

20 Prospect Ave Ste 712

Hackensack, NJ 07601

• Amerihealth
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Devon Health
  • Health Net
  • MagnaCare
  • Oxford Health Plans
  • QualCare

Learn about Dr. Shaari

Providing the highest level of care through clinical experience, compassion and integrity.

Dr. Shaari's Experience

Dr. Shaari's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ear, Nose, and Throat

• Enlarged Turbinates
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hearing Loss
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Larynx Conditions

• Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
  • Excision of Parotid, Sublingual, or Submandibular Gland
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Laryngoscopy and Laryngotomy
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Parathyroid Surgery
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Thyroid Surgery

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Rensselaer
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1987
  • Albany Medical College
    Medical School | Graduated 1991
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1992
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1996
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1997

Dr. Shaari has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Shaari does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shaari and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Shaari's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shaari to family and friends
Dr. Shaari's Performance
in Rochelle Park NJ |
I am a spinal cord wheelchair user now for 38 years & have seen more doctors than I care to count. I learned more about my condition in 15 minutes with Dr Shaari, then I did with all my other doctors combined ! If your looking the best ear nose & throat doctor, look no further, Dr shaari ! .... Also his staff couldn't of been more helpful & friendly..
I don't think words can describe how amazing of a doctor and how compassionate of a human being Dr. Shaari is. I had been struggling with hearing loss and ear fullness for about a week and one night I woke up unable to hear at all from my left ear. I began panicking and searched for the best ENTs in North Jersey. I was quickly brought to outstanding reviews about Dr. Shaari and knew from the reviews alone that I had to go see him even though my insurance plan was out of network. I would pay
Hackensack NJ |
Compassionate confident. Caring.
in NJ |
The first time I saw Dr. Shari was for my ear, However at that first visit he checked my sinus' and said my septum's were bad. I agreed to surgery that day! that is how much I trusted him. NOW! My job changed my insurance and I am sick that I can't go back to him. I finally found a great doctor and can't go there anymore.
in Township of Washington, NJ |
I have worked my entire clinical career with surgeons and doctors in various specialties ... I recently had a bout with Laryngitis, post a flu episode. I called the office that morning and was able to be seen almost immediately... Dr. Shaari is a professional, compassionate and delightful gentlemen! He was able to do a nasal/throat endoscopy ( which was absolutely painless). He has since sent me for CT scans. I assure you that Dr. Shaari is the ultimate professional.... He is wonderful!
Lyndhurst, NJ |
My family and I have been going to him for years. He is the absolute best doctor I have ever been to. All doctors should be so caring and knowledgeable. He always goes above and beyond. The staff members are terrific as well!
in TeaneckWood Ridge, NJ |
Simply stated he is the best! He treated my wife for a parathyroid condition about 6 years ago. The outcome was fantastic. He is the most caring and knowledgeable doctor around. He treats each patient with care, concern and dignity. My wife and I have gone to him this year for some ENT issues and as usual he was excellent . I wish that he would expand his practice to cover all fields of medicine. I would be set for life! At times I wish I was ill just to go see him and be under his care.
in Hackensack, NJ |
Dr. Shaari understands patients are people, not customers. He is devoted to the art of humanizing his patients and their loved ones, and he is a 5 star surgeon. When he treated my wife, he made us feel as if he was treating both of us. Such care is priceless when surgery is necessary. He has my full recommendation, as I am certain anyone who is treated by this gold star human being will not be disappointed.
in Jersey City, NJ |
Dr Shaari takes the time to explain in great detail his expert findings and more importantly his plan of treatment and possible outcome. Support/Office staff are phenomenal. Knowledgeable. Courteous and a pleasure to speak with.
in Nutley, NJ |
Today was the first time to see him and felt so good while he was telling me how my life will change ,after 21 years using AFRIN he will change my life . i believed the best physicians ever.
in Lodi nj |
Best dr ever!! Would recommend highly. He gave me back my life.
Have you seen Dr. Christopher Shaari, MD?
Are you Dr. Shaari?

Visit Dr. Shaari

Dr. Shaari accepts 12 insurance carriers
    Aetna PPO
  • Amerihealth
    Amerihealth HMO
    Amerihealth PPO
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Devon Health