Dr. Christopher Rush, MD

Dr. Christopher Rush, MD

Family Medicine  |

Dr. Christopher Rush, MD is a family medicine doctor who practices in Pensacola, FL. He is 46 years old and has been practicing for 20 years.

Learn about Dr. Rush

Video

Dr. Rush's Experience

Dr. Rush's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine
  • Board certified in Family Practice

This content was provided by Dr. Rush "We believe in medical care that takes the whole person into account. We strive to provide the best clinical care combined with communications and patient involvement in the care process to achieve the best outcomes for our patients. "

• Family Practice

• Acidosis
  • Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Acute Bronchitis
  • Acute Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Acute Pharyngitis
  • Acute Sinusitis
  • Acute Upper Respiratory Infection
  • Acute Venous Embolism Thrombosis
  • Administrative Physical
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Asthma
  • Ataxia
  • Atherosclerosis
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Atrophic Vaginitis
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Autonomic Disorders
  • Bladder Diseases
  • Bladder Infection
  • Blepharitis
  • Blood Disorders
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Breast Pain
  • Bronchiectasis
  • Bronchitis
  • Bronchospasm
  • Bruise of Face, Scalp, or Neck
  • Bunion
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Calcium Metabolism Disorders
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • Cold Sore
  • Confusion
  • Constipation
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Cough
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Dehydration
  • Dry Skin
  • Dysentery
  • Dyshydrotic Eczema
  • Dysphagia
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Ear Ache
  • Ear Disorders
  • Earwax Buildup
  • Emphysema
  • Encounters for Normal Pregnancies
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Enteritis
  • Fungal Nail Infection
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastroparesis
  • Hidradenitis
  • High Cholesterol
  • Hip Pointer Injuries
  • Hives
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Hypercalcemia
  • Hyperkalemia
  • Hypertensive Chronic Kidney Disease
  • Hypoglycemia
  • Hypokalemia
  • Hypotension
  • Hypotension (Excluding Maternal)
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Iron Metabolism Disorders
  • Irritable Bowel Syndrome
  • Itchy Skin
  • Jock Itch
  • Kidney Stone Pain (Renal Colic)
  • Knee Sprain
  • Larynx Conditions
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg and Foot Ulcers
  • Magnesium Metabolism Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Male Sexual Conditions
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Mineral Metabolism Disorders
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Motion Sickness
  • Muscle Spasm
  • Muscle Weakness
  • Musculoskeletal Disorders
  • Nail and Nail Bed Infection
  • Nausea
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Neurogenic Bladder
  • Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
  • Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
  • Otitis Media
  • Outer Ear Infection
  • Overactive Bladder
  • Overweight
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Parkinson's Disease
  • Partial Lung Collapse
  • Pediatric Obesity
  • Pediatric Overweight
  • Peptic Ulcer
  • Pericardial Disease
  • Perimenopause
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Pharyngitis
  • Sarcoidosis
  • Scabies
  • Seborrheic Dermatitis
  • Sexual Dysfunction
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Shingles
  • Thyroid Disease
  • Tinea Versicolor
  • Tinnitus
  • Tobacco Use Disorder
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Tremor
  • Trichomoniasis
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Ulcer
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Hesitancy
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis
  • Yeast Infections

• Anemia and Iron Deficiency Screening
  • Biopsy
  • Bone Density Scan
  • CT Scan (Computed Tomography)
  • Cardiovascular Stress Test
  • Immunization
  • Ingrown Toenail Treatment
  • Irrigation of Ear
  • Liver Function Test
  • MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging)
  • Mole Removal

• Eglin AFB Regl Hosp
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1998
  • Eglin AFB Regl Hosp
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2001

Dr. Rush has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Rush does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rush and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

West Florida Hospital

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Patient Safety Excellence Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Rush is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Rush's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rush to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Rush's Performance
New York, NY |
Dr. Rush is very personable and caring.
in Pensacola, FL |
I have been going to Dr Rush for a few years. He has always been a great physician for me. He has diagnosed many issues that previous doctors didn't even attempt to find. Because of his care, I am healthier and wiser about my health. I highly recommend Dr Rush.
in Pensacola, FL |
Dr. Rush is a great. He takes the time to listen to. his patients and never rushes them. He and I talk a lot about tennis and early morning runs that he does to keep in. shape. My whole family goes to him.
in Pensacola, FL |
It was my first visit. I am looking for a Primary that actually cares about your health and not just another faceless patient. Dr Rush so far seems to be my new doctor. He had a good review on Castlight and one of my co-workers said he was pretty awesome!! Thank you for making me feel welcome!
in Pensacola, fl |
I don't normally do reviews. But my recent experience at this office was the same as the two or three previous visits all of them outstanding. Minimal wait time friendly courteous staff quick in and quick out but the doctor does not Make you feel rushed, he is thorough.. i'm 62 years old this is the best office and Dr. experience on a consistent basis
Pensacola, FL |
He actually talks to you & never seems in a hurry.
in Pensacola, FL |
Doctor Rush is very compassionate about my healthcare needs and concerns. Also very informative about my "preventive" icare issues. Every healthcare problem I had so far has been well taken care. Kudos to Dr Rush.and his staff.
in Pensacola, FL |
Dr. Rush is a great Doctor... He is very professional. He is knowledgeable, friendly and caring. He has been my Dr. for many years.
in Cantonment, FL |
Dr. Rush has lots of compassion, listens to what you tell him and is very clear on what he tells you. I highly recommend him.
in Cantonment, FL |
I have been seeing Dr. Rush for over a year now. He is very busy, but takes the time to listen to your complaints. Great bedside manners. Medical assistant's and office staff are very friendly and helpful.
Pensacola, FL |
So impressed with this office! My father, husband, brother and son all see Dr. Rush, as well, and we all agree that this practice is exemplary. From Verenaird at the reception desk to the techs that take blood samples, all staff is professional and friendly. Dr. Rush is prompt but never rushed--he fields all of our questions and diagnostic skills inspire confidence in him. This will be our family doctor and staff for years to come.
in PENSACOLA FL |
I highly recommend Dr. Rush. You will be impressed with his knowledge and experience
Pensacola, FL |
I have been a patient of Dr. Rush for a number of years , and will continue to be his patient. I have the the utmost confidence in Dr. Rush to resolve health issues .that occur, if he feels that you should see a specialist for your issue, he does not hesitate,he makes that referral to the specialist.
in Pensacola, FL |
DR. Rush, is and has been very concern with our health issues. He is very good to explain the problem and follow through to find a solution.
Pensacola, FL |
I have been a patient of Dr. Rush for many years. I trust his advice and enjoy his friendly additude. I would easily recommend him to others.
in Pensacola, FL |
Dr. Rush is very kind and always has time to listen. I am a fairly healthy person, but have been able to see him when necessary and he is very good about my prescription renewals. I think anyone would be pleased with his care.
in Cantonment, Fl |
I became a patient of Dr. Rush when my primary care doctor retired. I thought I might have a problem accepting a new doctor since I had been with my previous doctor so long. . Dr. Rush is friendly and I felt comfortable with him right away. I have never had a problem getting in to see him nor have I ever had a long wait at his office.
in Pensacola, FL |
Each visit to this office over the past couple of years has shown me that this is as professional and as caring a provider as you could expect anywhere. Even with a late afternoon appt there is rarely a wait.. The staff is friendly and accomodating to a person. Communication in person and online is complete and provides the latest in providing lab results, records and inqueries. Dr. Rush does an outstanding and thorough job every visit. Being a part of this practice has been a pleasure.
Pensacola, FL |
Dr. Rush is very knowledgeable and provides the care that you need, and makes recommendations and suggestions that are best for whatever your situation is.
Pensacola, FL |
I have been a patient of Dr. Rush for many years now. Dr. Rush and his staff are quick to address your needs and concerns. They value your time as demonstrated by their ability to quickly get you to your room to be seen. I have had experience with multiple patients waiting and the pleasure of being the only patient waiting. In each of my experiences, my wait time is proportionate. Dr. Rush cares about his patients and their well being. Thank you for being my Trusted Physician.
in Pensacola, FL |
If anyone is looking for a great family practice doctor, I recommend Dr. Christopher Rush. He is very patient and answers all questions. No question is too dumb to ask. He is very thorough and makes sure he treats you, so you feel better. Thank you Dr. Rush for being my doctor.
in Pensacola, FL |
Excellent doctor. Friendly. Listens well.. Knowledgeable. Personable. Helpful.
in Pensacola, FL |
moved here about 3 yrs ago looking for a doctor and a friend recommend Dr. Rush and am I happy with him he listens and shows he cares and is a darn good doctor. His staff is awesome always a smile and very helpful can get an appt. the same day or the next. They are the best , rating him 10 out of 10
Pensacola, FL |
Been with Dr Rush for many years, never have long waits, always remembers my and my family ( including in laws) histories. Knows his craft, never hesitates to provide referrals to specialists as needed.. Friendly office staff and lab.
in Pensacola, FL |
My whole family are patients of Dr. Rush. We are all very satisfied with his demeanor and approach tour well being, Thanks to him and his professional staff. I recommend to everyone looking for an excellent Doctor.
in Pensacola, FL |
I have been a patient of Dr. Rush for several years, he very accommodating and takes the time needed to assess your needs . He make you feel comfortable and makes you feel confident that you have chosen the perfect physician. His staff is also friendly and they go out of their way to fit you into his schedule. I would recommend Dr. Christopher Rush to any of my friends and family.
in Pensacola, FL |
I've already referred Dr. Rush to a friend and will keep referring him to more people. Great guy! :)
Pensacola, FL |
Dr Rush is one of my most favorite people. I actually enjoy my visits with him as he always remembers who I am and is concerned about my general health situation. He is pleasant, knowledgeable, and has a nice sense of humor. I can honestly recommend him to be anyone's physician.
in Pensacola, FL |
Very friendly and easy to talk to makes you feel like you are in a friendly place, not cold and unfriendly. Always look forward to go to my appointment..
in Pensacola, FL |
Dr. Rush is personable and efficient. He takes time to listen to my concerns and explains things well but doesn't waste time. I have never waited more than 5-10 minutes in the waiting room or exam room which is awesome! The ladies working in the office are also very nice and efficient. The office always seems to be very organized and getting labs is super convenient. Thus far his treatment & referrals have also been spot-on. Great doctor with a superbly run office!
in Cantonment, FL |
I have been seeing Dr. Rush for several years now. I have been very pleased with him. He is smart, very personable and easy to talk to. He will listen and answer your questions. Basically an all around excellent primary physician. have b
in Pensacola, FL |
I have been a patient of Dr. Rush since 2009 and I think he is a very good doctor. I have nothing but compliments for him. His staff is another story. I have been trying to get my insulin refilled for two days. My pharmacy requested the prescription on Thursday and still Friday had not received it. I called and was told by Simone no had requested a prescription and her attitude was too bad for you I don't care. Thinking a change should be coming.
in Pensacola, FL |
My entire family and I are long-time patients of Dr. Rush. He is thorough, always taking the time to address our concerns. Dr. Rush and his entire staff are professional and personable. They make you feel like family, not just patients!
in Gulf Breeze, FL |
Dr Christopher H. Rush is one of the best Family Doctors I have ever meet! ( & i am almost 70 years old/ so been around a long time + i am an old retired RN). He is the very best at "paper work" of any Dr i have ever known. "All" that extra paper work Dr s hate to do, and many will charge for or not do it at all... well Dr C Rush just does it (Insurance claims, medical benefits, leave time temporary or permanent , referrals, recommendations, disabilities claims etc...). He is our Family Dr!
in Pensacola, FL |
Dr Rush is easy to speak to and very easy to understand. He explains things well and doesn't talk above your head.
in Pensacola, Fl |
Dr Rush is a great Dr and very personal. His staff are professional and very interested in you as a patient.
in Pensacola, FL |
Dr. Rush is an excellent diagnostician. He listens carefully to what you have to say. I have been with him for several years and am very pleased with his care.
in Pensacola, FL |
This doctor changed the dosage on my blood pressure medication without telling me if I had not noticed it could have killed me I would never go to this doctor again
Omaha, NE |
Well, my Mother has been a long standing patient with Dr. Rush and until now has had wonderful service. Not sure what has happened, but 2 prescriptions for stomach issues when it clearly isn't the issue seems rather lackadaisical on his and his staffs part. When she called for a prescription of an antibiotic, it took almost 3 days and the response was for Chloraseptic, a throat spray. I have recommended she seek new care as you apparently have to cough up a lung to get an immediate response.
in Pensacola, FL |
I have been a patient with Dr. Rush for 10 yrs! He has been consist in his care and has helped me through some really rough times. These days I get referrals to other doctors and do not see him as often, but when I go in for a follow up it is always pleasant visit.
in Pensacola, FL |
Takes time with you and answers questions. Good recommendations. Concerned about you as a person.
Have you seen Dr. Christopher Rush, MD?
Are you Dr. Rush?

Visit Dr. Rush

Dr. Rush accepts 10 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida