Dr. Christopher Pokabla, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Memphis Orthopedic Group 8040 Wolf River Blvd Ste 100 Germantown, TN 38138 Get Directions
Dr. Christopher Pokabla, MD
Dr. Christopher M. Pokabla earned his medical degree from Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine. He completed his Orthopaedic Surgery residency at The Ohio State University School of Medicine in Columbus, Ohio. He then completed a fellowship in sports medicine and shoulder surgery at Mississippi Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Center in Jackson, Mississippi and the Tulane Institute of Sports Medicine in New Orleans, Louisiana. During his fellowship training, Dr. Pokabla served as a team physician for Tulane University. He is a member of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, Arthroscopy Association of North America and American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine. Dr. Pokabla is an Associate Master Instructor for AANA shoulder courses at the Orthopaedic Learning Center in Rosemont, IL. His specialties include sports medicine, arthroscopic shoulder surgery, and shoulder replacement.

Dr. Pokabla's Care Philosophy

Memphis Orthopaedic Group has served the greater Memphis area since 1942, and is a division of MSK Group, P.C., an integrated orthopaedic practice of ten physicians. With 3 offices located around Memphis, each staffed by Board Certified Physicians, coupled with walk-in access during the day, in the evening, and on Saturday, we offer our patients unsurpassed convenience and availability.

Dr. Pokabla's Experience

See how Dr. Pokabla's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Pokabla

Dr. Pokabla accepts 10 insurance carriers

Dr. Pokabla is now accepting new patients
MEMPHIS ORTHOPAEDIC GROUP, A DIVISION OF MSK GROUP PC8040 Wolf River Blvd Ste 100
Germantown, TN 38138
Evening
Saturday
(901) 381-4664Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Pokabla has admitting privileges.

Dr. Pokabla's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Pokabla to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Pokabla's Performance
Arlington, TN |
Dr. Christopher Pokabla accessed my broken left arm (shoulder) and broken right leg (knee) in February, 2017.  He recommended the arm could heal in a sling, but that he would need to do surgery on my leg .  I have been very pleased with the results.  Five months later I am well healed, walking with a normal gait, and am pain free. His follow-up and communication with physical therapists was good. The surgery scar is imperceptable. I am happy to recommend Dr. Pokabla to others.
in Glen, MS |
I would highly recommend Dr. Christopher Pokabla to anyone needing shoulder surgery. He has done a total shoulder replacement on both of my shoulders in less than a year and done an excellent job. I have had no problem with recovery at all. In fact the scars on my shoulders are almost perfectly symmetrical. His nickname is "The Shoulder King," which many of the staff at the hospital referred to him as. I had to go to 3 doctors to get anyone to operate on me. Dr. Chris Pokabla is the very best!
in Atoka, TN |
Dr. Pokabla helped me get back up and going after a fractured L-4. Thanks
in Mantachie, MS |
My father has suffered with chronic shoulder pain for years. Many sleepless nights and many Rx pain tablets just to function on a daily basis. We had been seeing a surgeon more locally to us in Tupelo, MS who deemed his case too much for him to handle there. We were referred to Dr Pokabla who performed a shoulder replacement. After about 8 days post op he already felt like a new man! He worked very hard in therapy and is currently ahead of schedule! Top notch clinic operation and staff as well
in Germantown, TN |
I was injured on duty where I ripped my tricep from my elbow. Dr. Pokabla took one look at my arm and advised me that I needed surgery. I was totally against it but after explaining the injury to me I had the operation. Here I am two years later with total range of motion in my arm. I'm lifting weights and leading a totally normal life. I appreciate the professionalism he and his staff showed me. I can recommend his work and work ethics to anyone needing a great dr and surgeon.
in Memphis, TN |
On June 14, 2017 I fell and hurt my right arm at work. I was told to the Baptist ER. Once I arrived they took an x-ray and c-t scan and was told that I have a bad sprain. I had an apt to see Dr. Pokabla and he saw the pain I was in and he put me in a soft cast. And return to see him in a week. Next visit cast came off and another x-ray was done only to find out that i had a fracture arm. He didn't stop until this was revealed. Thanks to him my arm has healed. Thank you Dr. Pokabla. Great DR.
in Drummonds, TN |
Dr. Pokabla is an awesome person & one of a kind surgeon. His personality - LOVE for his job - and medical knowledge makes him the doctor/surgeon a person who is hurting, scared, & not understanding everything about their injury needs & wants. With his care & knowledge he repaired my broken/shattered femur (long plate & 12 screws) & during my 5-1/2 months recovery his upbeat & friendly personality & care was wonderful - he even took time to get to know my adult kids. ALL AROUND HE'S AWESOME!!!
in Cordova, TN |
Before my surgery for a torn rotator cuff, my left shoulder movement was very limited and quite painful. I needed to close my car door with my other arm. I could not lift it at all. Now, I have full motion, and my arm is strong. I can perform all my usual tasks with no pain. Very pleased with my outcome.
in Arlington, TN |
My experience with Doctor Pokabla was great. I have no regrets. Both he and his team were very professional.
in memphis, tn |
Dr. Pokabla was efficient, knowledgeable, and kind. He diagnosed and explained my condition to me clearly. He offered excellent follow up care and I trusted him.
in Olive Branch, MS |
Dr Pokabla is an excellent physician and surgeon. I am a power lifter and it was great to visit a Dr that upfront said" let's see how soon we can get you back in the gym ". I have had both shoulders operated on and the results were great for both. I lost no range of motion or strength from these surgerys. I would recommend Dr Pokabla to anyone especially those in the weightlifting world.
in Brighton, TN 894 huffman rd. 38011 |
ON JUNE 23RD 2016 I HAD TOTAL REVERSE SHOULDER SURGERY. I WENT TO SEE DR. POKABLA FOR A CHECK UP, HE WAS AMAZED! AT HOW GOOD I HAVE DONE AS WAS TRACI HIS NURSE. I WILL BE GOING BACK NEXT YR. FOR A FOLLOW UP, AND IN THE FOLLOWING MONTHS TO COME I WILL CERTAINTLY RECOMEND DR. POKABLA AS WELL AS THE STAFF AT METHODIST NORTH HOSPITAL. THEY WERE WONDERFUL!! I COULDN'T HAVE BEEN TREATED ANY BETTER ANYWHERE ELSE. DR. POKABLA IS SO CARING AND UNDERSTANDING . HE IS WONDERFUL!!
in Memphis tn |
Dr Pokabla was wonderful . I had been delaying my shoulder replacement surgery because of how much pain I had with the first one I had done. This time the whole experience was 100% better. He was a very caring and concerned Doctor. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing this type of surgery.
in Memphis, TN |
DR. Pokabla has performed shoulder surgery on both shoulders. I totally appreciate his abilities, as well as professional attitude. He takes time to explain his thoughts and procedures, and answers any questions I've had so far.
in Marion, AR |
Dr. Pokabla has been great both times I've seen him. He really cares about his patients and explains everything in detail.
Memphis, TN |
The experience I had was very professional. Before surgery all procedures was explained in detail. Surgery went smooth without any complications minimal scarring and minimum pain. Physical therapy was instrumental in my recovery. I have recommended Dr. Pokabla to my coworkers that have been recommended for the same procedure.
Have you seen Dr. Christopher Pokabla, MD?
Are you Dr. Pokabla?

Compare Dr. Pokabla

Dr. Pokabla says...

Dr. Christopher M. Pokabla earned his medical degree from Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine.  He completed his Orthopaedic Surgery residency at The Ohio State University School of Medicine in Columbus, Ohio.  He then completed a fellowship in sports medicine and shoulder surgery at Mississippi Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Center in Jackson, Mississippi and the Tulane Institute of Sports Medicine in New Orleans, Louisiana.  During his fellowship training, Dr. Pokabla served as a team physician for Tulane University. He is a member of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, Arthroscopy Association of North America and American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine.  Dr. Pokabla is an Associate Master Instructor for AANA shoulder courses at the Orthopaedic Learning Center in Rosemont, IL. His specialties include sports medicine, arthroscopic shoulder surgery, and shoulder replacement.

Dr. Pokabla's Care Philosophy

Memphis Orthopaedic Group has served the greater Memphis area since 1942, and is a division of MSK Group, P.C., an integrated orthopaedic practice of ten physicians. With 3 offices located around Memphis, each staffed by Board Certified Physicians, coupled with walk-in access during the day, in the evening, and on Saturday, we offer our patients unsurpassed convenience and availability.

Dr. Pokabla's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Pokabla has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

Why It Matters: Dr. Pokabla's Board Certifications

• Elbow Sprain
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Knee Injuries
  • Knee Pain
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lupus
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

Graduated in 2003

Ohio State University School of Medicine
    Mississippi Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Center
    Tulane Institue Of Sports Medicine

Dr. Pokabla does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Pokabla and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• ACL Surgery