Dr. Christopher Olukoga, MD

Dr. Christopher Olukoga, MD

General Surgery | Male

I treat all my patients with the same empathy, patience and expertise that I would want if I was the patient.

Dr. Christopher Olukoga, MD is a general surgery doctor who practices in Winter Park, FL. He is 47 years old and has been practicing for 23 years. Dr. Olukoga is affiliated with Winter Park Memorial Hospital.

Dr. Olukoga's Experience

See how Dr. Olukoga's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Olukoga

Dr. Olukoga accepts 27 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Olukoga has admitting privileges.

Dr. Olukoga's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Olukoga to family and friends
Dr. Olukoga's Performance
Orlando, FL |
DR. OLUKOGA IS THE IS VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE AND COURTEOUS, I WILL DEFINITELY RECOMEND HIM TO ALL MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY MEMBERS.
in Winter park florida |
Very nice bed side manner Dr O an Dr.Vega are highly recommended.both made sure i understood what was going on with my surgery .follow up visit was great he answered every question i had thank you very much for making me feel better
in Winter Springs, FL |
Dr. Olukoga spent time to explain my procedure and what will happen before and what I will feel after. He explained everything in terms that I can understand and did not use a bunch of medical terms that I would have to look up later. I would definitely recommend him to my family and friends.
Orlando |
He is THE BEST. He explains everything in words you can easily understand. He takes all the time the patient and the family needs to explain everything. Post op he is excellent with the family, taking time and explaining everything that occurred during the procedure. His work, surgery, is EXCELLENT! He did a complicated laparoscopic hernia repair for me and the results were perfect. Post op with the patient and the follow on office visits, he and his staff are excellent, the best.
in Orlando, FL |
Great in all ways possible! Makes sure you're knowledgeable before proceeding with anything. I would definitely recommend to my family and friends.
Winter Park, Florida |
Dr Olukoga is a very professional, kind, comforting surgeon. He made sure I was completely comfortable during the consultation, taking time to answer all my questions and never making me feel like he was in a hurry. It was obvious that I was his priority. Additionally, my surgery went very well with no complications. He was even kind enough to avoid cutting into my tattoo as much as he possibly could, although he did not have to do that for me. I definitely recommend him.
in Orlando, FL |
Dr. O and his staff are absolutely the most positive, friendly, and professional I have ever experienced.
in Winter Park,fl |
I had a wonderful experience under Dr Olukoga and Dr. Vega's care. He provided excellent care for me and explained the unplanned surgery needed in simple terms. The staff were professional and courteous.
Oviedo, FL |
Dr. Olukoga performed surgery on my 81 year old mother. During the surgery it was discovered that her appendix had ruptured. He was very patient, took the time to listen to me and understood my concern regarding my mom's Alzheimer's disease when mixed with anesthesia. After the procedure he was very thorough in his explanation of what was going on with my mom and his caring demeanor showed through. I would highly recommend this surgeon.
Orlando, FL |
Terrific experience overall. The office building for 'The Center for Specialized Surgery - Winter Park' was a bit difficult to find because Google maps shows it at the wrong address.
in Orlando, FL |
I had a gallblader attack and was taken to the ER. Dr O. did the consult and decided to operate. Dr. O has great bed side manner while being extremely thorough and knowledgeable. He did an excellent Job. I followed up Post surgery with him at his office and had a great experience with his staff as well. I highly recommend Dr. O.
in Orlando, FL |
I was referred to Dr. Olukoga by my primary care physician who said he would only recommend the best. He was right about that. I prayed & did some research on Dr. O & had a total peace about him, prior to making the initial appointment & have him do the double inguinal hernia surgery. His staff told me they love working with him, which speaks volumes. He met with my wife & I prior to the surgery & was very comforting. Surgery went extremely well, no complications. I highly recommend Dr. Olukoga
in Tucson, AZ |
I went to the emergency room for a gall bladder attack while on Christmas vacation. Dr. Olukoga performed gall bladder surgery that day. On New Year’s Eve I needed a different pain med and he called it right in. On New Years’ Day I was concerned about one particular incision. Dr. O met me at his office, examined me, determined I was fine and bandaged me back up. I was embarrassed at my overreaction but he went out of his way to reassure me and let me know it was ok. Amazing man! God bless Dr.O!!
in Winter Park, FL |
Went in for right side open mesh inguinal hernia. Guys, stop reading all the horror stories online. Dr Olukoga is amazing! I'm two weeks post surgery and feel fine. I was walking right after recovery. Pain was less than 0.001 on a scale of 1-10. I was out and about the next day. Just no heavy lifting.
in Orlando, FL |
Great doctor. Explains procedure out great a technical. Also has a good since of humor and puts you at ease. I have no complaints he talked me threw my first surgery I've ever had. And I felt comfortable. I would recommend him to anybody. Nice to see there's doctors out there like him.
in Orlando, FL |
Dr. Olukoga was quick to diagnose my incarcerated hernia when he was called to the ER for a consult. Due to the severity of my hernia, he put me ahead of previous scheduled surgeries and within an hour had me in the operating room. Dr. Olukoga is a very professional, knowledgeable surgeon and explained my surgical procedure so that I knew what was going to happen every step of the way. His bedside manners are top notch and exceeded my expectations. I would definitely recommend him for surgery.
in Clermont, FL |
Dr. Olukoga examined me in the emergency room and then had me scanned xrayed and found that I had a rupture appendix. He quickly had me prep for a operation and was operating on me within a hour or so after his evaluation of my condition. He was excellent, assuring me and explaining what he was going to do. He came after the operation and explained what he found and to see how I was doing. I will recommend Dr. Olugoga to all my friends and he is the best . A true concerning professional surgeon.
Orlando, FL |
In October, 2016, I went to Winter Park Hospital Emergency Room in horrible pain. After an MRI, I was blessed with the appearance of Dr. O., who explained in detail my diagnosis of acute diverticulitis and a gall stone. The next day, I underwent surgery. Post-op, Dr. O told me I would need further surgery, which horrified me. I have never met a more compassionate & caring Dr. in my life. Dec 15, 2016, he performed a colon re-section. I love Dr.O and highly recommend him!
in Oviedo, Fl |
This is one of the most considerate Doctors I have come across in a long time. I am so thank full to God for putting this awesome young man in my life. He is efficient, professional, courteous and an all around "nice guy|" His offices are clean and comfortable and his staff are excellent. I cannot praise him enough for relieving a problem I have had for over 11 years. I am deeply grateful to him and his staff for their TLC. Thank you, Thank you Thank you.
in Orlando, FL |
I was feeling a severe abdominal pain, when my Family Doctor recommend me to the Emergency Dept. Lots of tests were done that evening. It was determined that i have Gallstones. The next morning DR.O visited me and explained in detail the nature of the surgery. He was very patient & thorough.Surgery was done the same evening. It was a success. Had my follow up with Dr.O about a week after. He told me it is healing OK. I would highly recommend Dr.O to my family & friends. Shelley R ...12/07
in Orlando, FL |
Dr Olukoga, is a very kind and caring person. Not to mention a great Doctor.
in Orlando, FL |
Doctors could usually be described as cold; but not Dr Olukoga and Dr Vega. I came into the ER, septic and in need of an urgent operation and Dr O. walked me through my options and the procedure. As any person could imagine, im very thankful to them both. Currently still recovering but, under the care of these doctors I'm confident in their care. The staff as well is professional.
in oviedo, fl |
very special, very nice and polite
in Lake Mary FL |
I am a nurse who had acute appendicitis and had to drive myself to Winter Park ER on 10-4-16. I was fortunate to have this wonderful man and surgeon save my life. Wonderful bedside manner. Explained everything to me in a very personable and professional manner. I felt very confident and safe going into same day surgery to have my appendix removed. Dr. Olukoga was there after recovery to check on me too. From the ER to surgery and post op, I could not have asked for a better surgeon or experience
in Maitland FL |
Super good experience, fantastic Doctor!
in Orlando, FL |
I would be delighted to recommend Dr. Olukoga. Dr. O was amazing with comforting me through my very first surgery. He was also comforting to my mother through the phone since she was in Virginia. I immediately trusted Dr. O after the amount of care and knowledge he displayed for my health. Dr. O also helped me with my restrictions so I could still work after showing considerable improvement!
in Deltona, FL |
Amazing, Amazing, Amazing!!!! Professional, Knowledgeable, Caring, Kind. Scheduling Was A Breeze, I Went In For My Consultation Appointment, And Was Scheduled For My Surgery The Following Week. The Atmosphere Was Great! It Was Clean, Very Comfortable, And Very Calming. The Staff Was Awesome! Dr.Olukoga's Staff Were The Kindest And Sweetest People, They Were Kind And Courteous. Appointments Are Quick And Easy, I Was In And Out Maybe A Half An Hour Tops. I Totally Recommend Dr.Olukoga!!!!
in Winter Park, FL |
I credit Dr. Olukoga to discovering a life threatening condition. He kept exploring the reasons for my discomfort and demanded a test result phone call ASAP from the lab during the evening hours. He took action immediately. He was thorough in his explanation to me and my family on the condition and the outcomes. I have never felt rushed in the examinations or follow ups. He is a true care giver and actually listens to his patients. I felt we were partners in my recovery and restored health
in Oviedo, FL |
Dr. O is an excellent doctor. He is very thorough and explains everything making sure you understand what he is about to do or has done. His bedside manners are outstanding. Dr. O treats you like a person and is concerned about your total well being. I am very thankful for all he did for me since my situation was not the normal emergency appendectomy. Thanks, Dr. O.
in Oviedo, FL |
Hospital staff was quick, and courteous. My condition was quickly uncovered by Dr. Olukoga (Dr. O) who drew me in immediately to his confidence. I was operated on the very next morning after establishing my condition. The operation went without incidence and I left completely healed within a couple of days. Two weeks later I'm back to a full exercise regime. I told Dr. O, that I was going to frame his picture on my Mantle Piece. He's quite wonderful.
Orlando, FL |
Dr. Olukoga is very nice and professional!
in Sorrento |
He made quick accurate assessment of my condition. He explained everything to me.He also made me feel at ease,and gained my complete trust.A very professional man.I am not only glad he did my surgery,but also glad to have met him.All doctors should have his bedside manner,and his professionalism.Thanks Dr O.
in Oviedo, FL |
Dr O performed emergency appendectomy for me at the winter park hospital. He came into my room after I was admitted and explained what was going to happen. He was kind and genuine. I felt trust right away. He has a heavy accent but I was able to understand him clearly. He's got a great personality. I would recommend him to anyone.
in Casselberry |
I was admitted to the Emergency Department at Winter Park Hospital on August 20, 2016 for gallbadder distress. The Emergency Room physician recommended Dr. Olukoga perform a gallbladder cholecystectomy. Dr. "O" visited with my daughter and me that morning and I was scheduled for surgery at 8:00 a.m. the following a.m.. He was very thorough in his explanation of what was going on with my gallbadder and what to expect. I would recommend Dr. "O" to family or friend requiring general surgery.
in Winter Park, FL |
I was fortunate and blessed that Dr. Olukoga was my surgeon when I was admitted to Winter Park Memorial Hospital for an emergency laparoscopic appendectomy. He is a compassionate, communicative, outstanding physician. I am recommending him to all my family and friends.
in Orlando, FL |
Dr. Olukoga was very attentive and thorough answering all of my questions and did an exceptional job explaining the whole procedure along with being exceedingly polite, respectful and considerate. I would highly recommend his services.
in Winter Springs, FL |
Dr. Olukoga performed emergency intestinal surgery on me on July 23, 2016. I was very sick! He kept my wife informed during and after the procedure. His care and follow up are exceptional!
in Orlando, FL |
Dr. Olukoga is a an excellent surgeon with a great bedside manner. I met him in the ER before he preformed an emergency gallbladder surgery. He explained all the options, made me feel calm and in the end, really has made me feel better. He drew pictures to explain the process - and explained it in a way I fully understood. I would recommend to all friends and family!
in Orlando, FL |
Dr. Olukoga has a great bedside manner and he takes time you to make sure all your questions are answered. My emergency surgery that he performed went smoothly as is my recovery. I would recommend Dr. Olukoga to anyone seeking an excellent surgeon as well as a caring and compassionate person.
Orlando, FL |
Such a caring physician. Both Dr. Olukoga and his staff were so knowledgable and helpful. Who knew emergency surgery could be such a pleasant experience. Thank you again for all of your help during my time of need.
in Orlando, FL |
Dr. Olukoga made me feel very comfortable before my appendectomy. He's wonderful to work with and very knowledgeable. I wasn't even afraid!
in Winter Park, FL |
He was very kind, explained my procedure in advance, and answered all my questions. He put me at ease. I had very little post op pain, and no complications. I would definitely recommend him.
in Orlando, FL |
I first met Dr. Olukoga during an emergency room visit due to excruciating pain under my right side rib cage. I wasn't in any shape to ask the right questions as I normally do. The pain was 8 out of 10 (and I have a considerably high pain tolerance) which caused me to be slightly rude and insisting on moving forward with any procedure that would guarantee I would never feel that pain again. Dr. Olukoga still seen to it that I understood everything regarding the procedure &explained other options
in Casselberry, Florida |
We saw Dr. Olukoga in consult for my critically ill father in need of a feeding tube. Dr. Olukoga is a brilliant, engaged listener with immense respect for patient care, collaboration and alternative perspectives. He followed my father with the goal of avoiding the procedure given my father's acuity and his medical history. I cannot say enough, how safe my family felt with the decision to go forward if the surgery was necessary. Unparalleled bedside manner and simplified language.
Have you seen Dr. Christopher Olukoga, MD?
Are you Dr. Olukoga?

Compare Dr. Olukoga

Dr. Olukoga's Care Philosophy

Dr. Olukoga's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in General Surgery
  •  Board certified in General Surgery

Dr. Olukoga has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Olukoga's Board Certifications

Howard Univ Hosp

Completed in 2003

Ut Southwestern/Parkland Meml Hosp

Completed in 2009

Dr. Olukoga does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Olukoga and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• General Surgery

• Anoscopy With Removal of Anal Tumor
  • Appendectomy
  • Appendectomy, Laparoscopic
  • Appendectomy, Open
  • Bariatric Surgery (Weight Loss Surgery)
  • Biopsy of Breast
  • Breast Surgical Procedure
  • Colectomy
  • Colon Surgery
  • Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Colonoscopy
  • Colorectal Surgery, Robotic-Assisted
  • Destruction of Anal Tumor
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Esophageal Surgery
  • Minimally Invasive Surgery
  • Open Gastric Restrictive Procedure
  • Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair
  • Port Placements or Replacements
  • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)
  • Robotic Heller Myotomy for the Treatment of Achalasia