Dr. Christopher Olson, MD

Dr. Christopher Olson, MD

Family Medicine  ·

Contact for availability

Dr. Christopher Olson, MD is a family medicine specialist in El Dorado Hills, CA and has been practicing for 14 years. He specializes in family medicine.Read his story

Mercy Medical Group

• Pacific Foundation for Medical Care
  • Western Health Advantage

Learn about Dr. Olson

Dr. Olson's Experience

Dr. Olson's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine
  • Board certified in Family Practice

Dr. Olson's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Olson "I'm Christopher Olson, a family physician with Mercy Medical Group in El Dorado Hills, California. Thank you for your interest in my information! I graduated from Cornell University in 1997, University of Connecticut School of Medicine in 2001, and Brown University internship/residency in 2004. I am very happy to call Mercy Medical Group my professional home. We are a multispeciality group of hundreds of quality physicians in the Greater Sacramento area. Mercy Med places high emphasis on physician leadership; accordingly, physicians here tend to take ownership of our practices. That translates to more of an "old-school" intimacy between our patients and their docs. I like that. I believe there is no question that strong physical health is interwoven with sound mental health. I've seen plenty of physical ailments arise from paralyzing anxiety or stress. So when I evaluate a patient, I do so from a more holistic perspective, taking into consideration his or her mental and social well-being. That said, I am conscious of an unfortunately common public perception, that "natural is always safer and gentler". In fact, I think a more respectful view of nature is one in which we recognize its strength and power. And so while I subscribe to a more holistic worldview, I do adhere to scientific principles and follow evidence-based medicine. I have been honored to receive a number of awards from my local community. I have been named as a top 3 recipient of the local Style Magazine's Readers' Choice Award for favorite general doctor in the Folsom-El Dorado Hills area for the past six consecutive years. I was ranked #1 in that group in 2015. Similarly, I was honored to receive Folsom Telegraph's Best of the Best award for favorite general doctor in 2015. While these awards are certainly an honor, I do share that honor with my exceptionally compassionate and skilled office staff, and my caring and conscientious colleagues. When we combine compassionate care, a state-of-the-art medical facility, and the physician-leadership philosophy of Mercy Medical Group, I think that's what earns such community recognition. Thank you again for looking at Mercy Medical Group, as well as my own information."

This content was provided by Dr. Olson "Every patient I encounter is somebody's son or daughter, and often somebody's husband or wife, mother or father, loved one or dear friend.  I treat every patient with that fact in mind; I strive to treat everyone as I'd want my own family members to be treated."

• Family Practice

• Thyroid Screening
  • Vaccination
  • Well Baby Care
  • Wellness Examination

No malpractice history found for California.

• Cornell University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1997
  • University Of Connecticut School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2001
  • Brown University Memorial Hospital Of Rhode Island
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2002
  • Brown University Memorial Hospital Of Rhode Island
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2004

Dr. Olson has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Olson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Olson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Mercy General Hospital

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Olson is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View awards

Dr. Olson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Olson to family and friends

Dr. Olson's Performance

Dr. Olson Says:

I appreciate the opportunity to receive feedback, and I am thankful for the time taken to leave such feedback.  Thank you for taking your time to share your impressions!

Modern, comprehensive medical care combined with old-fashion care and attentiveness. Dr. Olson is simply superb.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Excellent communication and thorough discussions.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option