Dr. Christopher Maxwell, MD

Dr. Christopher Maxwell, MD

Gastroenterology  ·

Dr. Christopher Maxwell, MD is a gastroenterology specialist in Salt Lake City, UT and has been practicing for 13 years. He specializes in gastroenterology.Read his story

Utah Gastroenterology

1250 E 3900 S Ste 360

Salt Lake City, UT 84124

• AARP
  • Altius Health Plans
  • Ameriben
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
  • Deseret Mutual (DMBA)
  • Federal Employee Program (FEP)
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Hometown Health Plan

Learn about Dr. Maxwell

See how frequently Dr. Maxwell performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Diarrhea
Gastrointestinal Diseases
high
Abdominal Disorders
high

Dr. Maxwell's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Maxwell's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Maxwell "I chose gastroenterology because of the fascinating science and the chance to prevent cancer. I was attracted to a varied practice with time spent in the office, in the endoscopy center and in the hospital, plus the long- and short-term relationships with patients."

This content was provided by Dr. Maxwell "I really enjoy working one-on-one with patients to solve problems, preventing cancer with screening colonoscopy and seeing results, both procedurally and in the clinic. I am understanding, straightforward, detailed and thorough. I like to empower my patients to manage their own conditions by helping them understand their physiology, what can go wrong when they have certain diseases and their treatment options.

I am extremely thorough, and I provide evidence-based medicine to help patients achieve the best results and a better quality of life"

• Gastroenterology

• Gastroenterology
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

• University of Kansas / School of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2005
  • University of Utah
  • University of Utah
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Maxwell has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Maxwell does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Maxwell and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Maxwell's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Maxwell to family and friends

Dr. Maxwell's Performance

Until this last time with visiting St Mark's hospital and its clinics for the majority of my medical needs, I will NEVER visit again based on my last experience. I visited the Gastroenterology Clinic on May 11 for a colonoscopy and have been waiting and calling trying to get my results. I have...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option1
Dr. Maxwell was thorough and gentle in the investigation of my problems. He was great to explain his thought processes and rationale for particular experiments. In the end he discovered the issue and solved it. I couldn't be more pleased with the results. I feel like a new person. I'm grateful he...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Maxwell really listens and cares about his patients. He wants what is best for each individual and tailors his care to that rather than a set process. I would recommend him to anyone who is having gastrointestinal issues and isn't quite sure what the problem is. He will not just jump straight...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
I was referred to Dr Maxwell by Dr Eifling. Dr Maxwell is very caring and explains everything that he is doing. I really appreciate that he could take me as quickly as he did. He is very courteousness and friendly. I would highly recommend him to family and friends.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Maxwell was very professional, as was Amy, his nurse.
Are you Dr. Maxwell?