Dr. Christopher Mandigo, MD

• Affinity Health Plan
  • HealthFirst
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Mandigo

We are committed to delivering the best care and an exceptional patient experience. We are devoted to providing services that are patient-centered and compassionate, and care for you as a person.

Personal Bio

Dr. Mandigo earned his medical doctorate from the College of Physicians and Surgeons where he graduated Alpha Omega Alpha. He completed his Neurological Surgery Internship, Residency and Chief Residency at the Neurological Institute of New York, Columbia University. Dr. Mandigo's practice is devoted to spinal deformity, degenerative spine disease, intervertebral disc disease, spinal column tumors and spinal cord tumors. Dr. Mandigo uses minimally invasive techniques for spinal surgery including the use of narrow tube retractor systems for cervical and lumbar microdiscectomy and spinal fusion. He also has expertise in artificial disc replacement surgery in the cervical spine. He has particular expertise evaluating and, if required, treating disorders of spinal alignment such as scoliosis or sagittal imbalance.

Dr. Mandigo's office is in The Spine Hospital of the Neurological Institute of New York in Department of Neurological Surgery at the Neurological Institute of Columbia Medical Center/NewYork Presbyterian Hospital.

Dr. Mandigo's Experience

Dr. Mandigo's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neurological Spine Surgery

• Anterior Cervical Herniated Disc Surgery With Fusion
  • Arthroplasty
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminectomy
  • Spinal Discectomy
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Stereotactic Radiosurgery, Spinal or Cranial

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons
    Medical School | Graduated 2002
  • New York Presbyterian Hosp Columbia Univ Medical Ctr
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2009
  • Newyork-Presbyterian-Columbia University Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2009

Dr. Mandigo has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Mandigo does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mandigo and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Mandigo's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mandigo to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Mandigo's Performance
New York, NY |
When I met Christopher Mandigo, MD could walk without a cane or walker and hit tennis balls.. After his horrific and disgusting treatment I cannot walk normally.
in Stafford |
Dr. Mandigo explained my back issue, surgical procedures, and answered every question I had to help me be fully aware of my condition and how surgery would effect me. He gave me complete peace of mind.
in Cortlandt Manor, NY |
Dr. Mandigo took extensive time explaining my condition and options. He was highly empathetic and informative. After surgery, he was available and attentive. He communicated directly with me on-call during some complications. Dr. Mangdigo is one of the best doctors that I have ever met. He clearly takes a personal comittment and interest in his patients.
in New York |
Dr Mandigo is an outstanding surgeon and Caring doctor. I had 2 procedures done by Dr.Mandigo Dr.Mandigo was highly recommended and I felt very comfortable Being his patient and. I still visit his office for follow ups.
in Bridgewater, NJ |
My experience with Dr. Mandigo was fantastic. I previously consulted with a NJ surgeon who gave me less than five minutes of his time before he offered surgery. I was unhappy and worried, so someone recommended Dr. Mandigo. This doctor gave me almost an hour of his time for my first appointment and did not let me leave until all of my questions were thoroughly answered. He made me feel comfortable and safe. He is truly caring and brilliant, and I would recommend him to anyone.
in Hartsdale, NY |
My whole experience was terrific. The office staff was friendly and helpful. Dr. Mandigo was patient, explained things and has a very comfortable way about him. And always got back to me when I needed to talk to him. I felt lucky to be referred to him.
in long beach, ny |
i was unable to walk one block without my legs getting numb. After dr. mandigo performed a lumbar laminectomy with fusion i am now able to walk miles. pain and restriction after the surgery was moderate. the surgery enables me to resume my prior active life. dr. mandigo is a great surgeon with compassion, concern and consistent follow-up.
in New York, NY |
Amazing doctor and person: performed A++ surgery to remove a huge meningioma from my mother's frontal lobe, consistently stays on top of his patients and is very clear and comforting to the families. When I first contacted him to see if he would see my mom, he called me from his son's soccer game over the weekend and arranged her transfer that day. Highly recommend, can't say enough good things about him and the experience.
Have you seen Dr. Christopher Mandigo, MD?
Are you Dr. Mandigo?