Dr. Christopher Majka, MD

Dr. Christopher Majka, MD

Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Christopher Majka, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Corpus Christi, TX. He is 35 years old and has been practicing for 11 years. Read his story

5721 Esplanade Dr

Corpus Christi, TX 78414

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • HealthPartners
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)

Learn about Dr. Majka

See how frequently Dr. Majka performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Glaucoma
Stye
Diabetic Retinopathy

Dr. Majka's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Majka's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Majka "Dr. Christopher Majka founded the Texas Eye Care Network as a Center for Excellence to give "Good Vision to All Who Enter". Vision is precious, and Dr. Majka has built both a team and a surrounding network to give each patient the very best in care, excellence, and efficiency. We are excited to have each employee as part of the team! Dr. Majka is a fellowship-trained Ophthalmologist specializing in cataract and laser surgery, laser vision correction, cornea, glaucoma, diabetes, and comprehensive ophthalmology. Dr. Majka has extensive experience in all areas of eye surgery, having performed over 15,000 vision correction procedures. He skipped several years in school and graduated from an accelerated MD training program in Ohio. Dr. Majka then went on to complete an Ophthalmology residency at the prestigious Kresge Eye Institute in Michigan. Following his residency, he pursued additional training, a fellowship in Cornea, complex cataracts, external/ocular surface disease, and refractive surgery at the world renowned Duke University in North Carolina. Dr. Majka is a pioneer in his field, bringing many new technologies and techniques to South Texas in the areas of corneal transplantation, MIGS (minimally invasive glaucoma surgery), amniotic membrane therapy, dry eye therapy, and ocular surface restoration. He specializes in minimally invasive techniques to preserve and restore vision. Specifically, no-stitch/no-shot cataract surgery, corneal transplants without any sutures, sutureless amniotic membrane grafting, and in office ocular surface restoration. He developed a specialized process and protocol for Minimally Invasive Laser Vision Correction (MILVC) that blends the best attributes of different styles of laser vision correction with the goals of short and long term outcomes and stability with the elimination of glasses/contact lenses. Dr. Majka serves as the Chief of Ophthalmology for the Christus Spohn Hospital System. He is a fellow of American Academy of Ophthalmology, as well as a member of the Texas Medical Association, Nueces County Medical Society, American Medical Association, and American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery."

This content was provided by Dr. Majka "Dr. Christopher Majka founded the Texas Eye Care Network as a Center for Excellence to give "Good Vision to All Who Enter". Vision is precious, and Dr. Majka has built both a team and a surrounding network to give each patient the very best in care, excellence, and efficiency."

• Ophthalmology
  • Cataract Surgery
  • Cornea & Refractive Surgery

Dr. Majka does not have any board certifications listed.

• Age-Related Macular Degeneration
  • Corneal Abrasion or Laceration
  • Corneal Diseases
  • Corneal Erosion
  • Corneal Ulcer
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy

• Glaucoma Surgery
  • Ocular Surface Reconstruction
  • Pterygium Surgery
  • Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery

• Northeastern Oh Univs Coll Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 2006
  • Kresge Eye Institute
  • Duke University Eye Ctr
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Majka has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Majka has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Majka does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Majka and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Majka's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Majka to family and friends
Dr. Majka's Performance
in Corpus Christi, TX |
Was very anxious to have cataract surgery. This staff and Dr. Majka put me at ease. I would recommend this office for any vision needs.They treated me with respect, kindness and patience. Thank you Leonor Aguirre
in Corpus Christi, TX |
I recommend Dr Majka and his entire professional staff when needing an Opthamologist. He is also one of very few doctor's that will see patients with no insurance "Self-Pay" in his specialty. I have referred my friends and family and they are very satisfied with the professionalism medical care they have received of Dr Majka & his staff.
in Corpus Christi, TX |
Doctor won’t listen. It just seems he is listening. You speak about symptoms but he would turn his back on you and do something with computer. As I have figured out, the doctor’s notes are being generated in a form of a template. My notes are nothing in common with reality. Because of these wrong notes I had hard time to understand why my insurance was refusing to approve MRI ordered by Dr. Majka and to schedule an appointment with a Neuro-ophthalmologist.
in Corpus Christi, TX |
Excellent doctor! I appreciated how he gave careful thought in recommending a treatment plan. I have already recommended him to my friends.
in Bayside , Tx |
I have been a patient of Dr. Majka and his staff for over 4 years. I am delighted to 'tell all' about the wonderful experience's that i have had with Dr, Majka and his staff. I have worked for 40 years with the DOD and if only that agency could operate at the complete skill of the Dr. and his team. I would, will and have recommend Texas Eye Clinic to anyone. Thank you Dr. Majka and team. ed P Bayside , Tx.
Lake Dallas, TX |
I wouldn't TRUST him with my cat!
in Alice, Texas |
I had surgery on my right eye and had the new three lens installed and it is super GREAT. I have 20/15 after the surgery and no more glasses. Dr. Majka did the surgery. Dr. Majka and his staff or super great! From the Godfrey Bourque family wishing Dr. Majka and his Super Great staff a very Bless Merry Christmas and a Great New Years! Thanks from the bottom of my heart to the DR. Majka and his staff.
in Corpus Christi, TX |
Dr. Majka is a wonder caring doctor. He preformed surgery on my eye and did an excellent job. He also called me personally to ask how I was doing. I give him five stars. I recommend him to anyone needing any kind of eye surgery!
in Corpus Christi |
I was never treated with so much professionalism from the front desk to the end o the process Thank You Ernest Bernier
Ernest, it is a pleasure to treat you with excellence! Thank you for allowing us to take care of all of your eye care needs!
in Taft, TX |
So happy to be referred here, best advice I ever took in medical care for my eyes. From beginning to end the whole office staff including doctor had to be the most professional yet humorous that I have come across. I was answered to where I could understand everything, Vanessa was helpful the whole way including Letty who verified my benefits right then and there for surgery the following week.
in Corpus Christi, TX |
At my six-month check-up visit since a transformational cataract surgery, he greeted me warmly, compassionately. Professional and dedicated to superior doctor-patient relations, he's heart-centered, with wisdom & expertise unparalleled. Since surgery, I feel more confident in my life, physically stronger, mentally more alert, emotionally more balanced, & spiritually full of gratitude to God. Dr. Majka is a truly gifted individual who knows the eyes are the window to heart, soul & spirit.
in Corpus Christi, TX |
I recommend Dr. Majka to all my friends who are looking for a competent, professional eye doctor. I like his soft spoken manner and the way he thoroughly explains everything. I would just like the staff who calls for appointment reminders to remind us if we are getting our eyes dilated so that we can get someone to drive us afterwards. Thanks!
LOVE THE NEW OFFICE AND STAFF
in Alice, Texas |
I love Dr Majka's care and patience. He has helped me recover my vision and there is a lot more he can do but we are taking it a step at a time. I am so lucky to have such a good doctor to care for the recovery of my vision problems.
Portland, TX |
The stars speak for themselves. I the office is brand new very clean. They have a surgery cent right next door brand new as well and very clean. The wait time was impeccable. I was greated not only on way in but on my way out. Schedule an apt was so easy and effort less. I will definitely be returning as a patient.
in Alice tx |
Pleasant experience overall from beginning to end. The administration is helpful and able to explain the random wall made that in my opinion is absurd. I was able to be at ease with my assistant Mrs Alaniz prior to my visit with Dr majka. He was professional and personal. My wife has an appointment toour. Can't wait for my cataract surgery and continued care with him
in Corpus Christi, TX |
Dr. Majka is incredibly compassionate, calm, and very intelligent. I am so thankful that he is my doctor. He's the best of the best. Anyone under his care is in great hands!
in corpus christi, tx |
All of the workers are all very nice and polite. I had a very great experience for my first time going through a bad corneal ulcer.
Excellent from the first office visit! Thankful that Dr Majka is here in Corpus Christi.
in Corpus Christi, TX |
Dr, Majka and his staff are all friendly and professional. They all take the time to answer questions and explain procedures. He did both of my cataract surgeries and I had no problems at all after the surgery. Dr. Majka is also my husband's doctor and he takes very good care of Richard's eyes.
in Rockport, TX |
Dr. Majka evaluated my eyes - confirmed earlier diagnosis by local doctor. Cataract surgery in both eyes. Could not be more pleased with Dr. Majka, his expertise, quality of service, facilities and staff. Best experience with medical team. ever.
in Corpus Christi, TX |
Dr. Mijka is very caring and will answer all your questions to help you make the right decisions.
Have you seen Dr. Christopher Majka, MD?

Visit Dr. Majka

Blue Advantage HMO
    Blue Choice
  • HealthPartners
    Preferred PPO
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Universal American