Dr. Christopher Kye, MD

Child & Adolescent PsychiatryMaleAge 55

Dr. Kye

C. Kye, M.D., P.A,

900 Nw 17th Ave Ste 201 Delray Beach, FL 33445

Dr. Christopher Kye, MD is a Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialist in Delray Beach, FL. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Kye to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check Dr. Kye's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Kye's conditions and procedures:

• Bipolar Disorder
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychopharmacologic Treatment

Dr. Kye accepts

Dr. Kye accepts the following insurance:

We do not accept health insurance

Dr. Kye's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Kye

4.5

Dr. Kye?
  • Office environment (116)
  • Staff friendliness (115)
  • Appointment scheduling (113)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (15)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (14)
  • Appointment was rushed (13)
Dr. Kye is amazing! He understands autism and how it affects the brain and is able to recommend appropriate medications. He was able to transform my son from a deeply depressed individual who walked around like a zombie into a functioning person again. I am so very grateful to him!
Toni Johnson – Apr 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Kye, MD?
Run as fast as you can! He should lose his medical license!!! He's like a mad scientist and if you get lucky, good for you;but if not, he's just a lunatic that can have you unreasonably suffer terribly!!
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Jan 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Kye, MD?
I saw Dr. Kye desperate and scared, not knowing what was wrong with me, feeling like I was losing my mind. I’m an extremely extroverted person, but was getting agoraphobia and waking up with crippling anxiety that would last all day EVERY DAY. Fast forward to my visit, I discovered that I had bipolar disorder. It was explained to me throughly and I have been back to my normal self for 14 years now. At the risk of sounding dramatic, he truly saved my life. He is the most brilliant, passionate and genuine doctor, and I will always recommend him to anyone that is struggling. He is also honest, and I no longer see him as I was “better” now, he encouraged me to see someone that took my insurance, as he had patients that truly needed him. I was willing to pay out of pocket rather than use my insurance, he is THAT amazing. I was apprehensive, and I definitely miss our sessions, but he fixed me, and I have never been more grateful for anything in my life.
Serena Monforte – Aug 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Kye, MD?
I am posting an update as it has been about 3 weeks since my initial consultation with Dr. Kye. I really do not know where to begin. I was suffering from treatment resistant mood disorder / depression and I was on too many medications that contributed to feelings of low self worth, binge-eating, nightmares, hopelessness and anxiety. I had been wanting to see Dr. Kye for a number of years but I allowed myself to withdraw and settle for a life not worth living. I decided to call and make the appointment and it is the best decision I have ever made. Dr. Kye has been able to do what NO psychiatrist has ever been able to accomplish with me. I am in my late 40's and I have been suffering for so long. My regret is that I did not go sooner. What has changed for me? I sleep through the night, I don't have nightmares, that feeling of dread and despair has been lifted, I am no longer binge eating and I am free from the anxiety / obsessiveness. Dr. Kye is compassionate and caring.
Paige – Mar 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Kye, MD?
He’s simply fantastic!! An excellent doctor.
Feb 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Kye, MD?
As a Cancer Survivor I had researched who the best surgeon was for the condition I had. Along with the reputation as a brilliant surgeon, the doctor I chose, “ lacked the warmth that we all crave when we are ill”. Well you know what? When your seriously ill I only want the best, period. Dr Kye is as bright and intuitive as most of his reviewers claim. After going through my background, history, etc., he basically started to ask questions that were as though he had interviewed my friends and family previously. He did the same thing for my wife. I didn’t find his attitude to be at all off putting. I believe the few negative reviews can’t differentiate passion and confidence for his profession as conceit. I understood that he was leading me down a path that I don’t have anywhere near the experience nor the background to fully grasp. What I do know is that the results speak for themselves and Dr Kye is both caring and excellent.
Jan 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Kye, MD?
Dr. Kye is knowledgeable about mental illness, brain chemistry, and medications. He is compassionate, and relates well to his patients, and assists the family in being involved. He built a strong trust relationship with my adult son and went out of his way to assist him on many occasions. If only I had his clone now that my son lives out of state.
Aug 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Kye, MD?
My daughter is 21 and suffers from depression, anxiety disorder, ADHD, and has a non-verbal learning disability (executive function disorder). Medication prescribed by 2 other psychiatrists created a young adult that was over medicated, unable to get out of bed or a raging bull. When our neighbors told us how Dr. Kye helped their son, we called for an appointment. Dr. Kye is amazing! Be forewarned that he is not your stereotypic psychiatrist but his knowledge of psychiatric medication and how they interact is exactly what our daughter needed. Dr. Kye also recommended life coach, Cheryl Checkers. This is a great team that consults one another on our daughter's status. Our daughter is working on skills to live on her own, hold a job, and next week she starts her first college class since dropping out a year ago. Her medication management enables her to stay focused and recognize when she needs help. We feel blessed that our paths crossed with Dr. Kye and Cheryl Checkers.
May 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Kye, MD?
I found Dr Kye to be just another self absorbed, money hungry psychiatrist. His personality was bazaar, disinterested, self absorbed, money hungry quack. Please think twice before consulting this physician. The medication he prescribed did more harm than good, and he neglected to call me back after having talked to his incompetent clerk informing her I was feeling very ill. I’m absolutely disgusted. Save your money!
May 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Kye, MD?
Dr. Kye is bizarre. He is more interested in demonstrating his command of every part of the brain's technical name. He strives to present himself as a brilliant technician who is an renown expert about the inner workings of each spot of the brain. He spews a lot of technical babble which is unintelligible, mostly a recitation of some obscure research finding and largely irrelevant. Just can't have a productive conversation as he just wants to hear himself speak.
Steve in DELRAY BEACH, FL – Jan 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Kye, MD?
I am convinced that Dr Kye saved my son’s life and gave him the tools necessary to become the successful man he is today.
Nov 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Kye, MD?
Dr. Kye makes all other practitioners look incompetent. He is brilliant, intuitive and caring, and saved my daughter’s life. She is a very complex case, but he is the only doctor (among the many we tried) to get the right mix of meds. Absolutely one of my favorite people on earth.
N – Oct 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Kye, MD?
My son has ADD and ODD. For 3 years we tried therapy then graduated to therapy and medication with limited results. Then I saw Dr. Kye's reviews on healthgrades and we decided to see if he could help. He analyzed my son in a way nobody else had and changed his prescription. On the new medication, his behaviour improved drastically in a matter of days and no longer has outbursts and is able to control himself. Thank you Dr. Kye.
Jun 29, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Kye, MD?
Dr Kye is WONDERFUL! Being super sensitive to almost every medication he has been able to help me find peace of mind finally after a lifetime of struggle. He has his own style that is very direct and straight forward but after working with him the first day I could see he really cares about his patients. Now after working with him for close to a year I know that to be absolutely true. He is always available to answer questions or deal with situations as they arise. I have also been impressed wit
Jun 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Kye, MD?
Me and my daughter have been blessed with Dr. Kye. After more then 16 years of seeing several doctors, this is the first time that my daughter has found someone with so much knowledge, compassion, and care. Dr. Kye has gone above and beyond to help my daughter. He always returns my calls and he has come to my house, on a Sunday, when she had a bad crisis. Patients with mental issues need more doctors like him, but I'm aware that he is one in a million.
Polyana Araujo in BOYNTON BEACH – May 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Kye, MD?
I am so grateful I was introduced to Dr. Kye, he saved my daughter's life. She was hearing voices and had thoughts of committing suicide. She was diagnosed with bipolar illness and with Dr. Kye's expertise and help is now living a normal life with no voices or suicidal thoughts. She has become social, smiles and interacts with family and friends. She is excelling in school and looking forward to going away to college. I would never have thought any of that would have been possible.
Mar 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Kye, MD?
Dr. Kye is extremely knowledgeable and was able to help my son who had treated by other doctors who were unsuccessful. He provides personalized caring service and committed to making a diffence in his patients lives.
Mar 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Kye, MD?
I have seen many doctors through the years and was a pin cushion for their trial and error of what was wrong.. Dr. KYE evaluation was long and so worth the money, I was diagnosed with Asperger's spectrum and was about 50 years old, I was put on meds and life changed. I have pause button now, got married, and aware of my triggers and function in life. Dr. Kye is straight forward and may be hard to take but I loved it, and got along very well.. this Doctor knows his stuff do not take him personal
PATRICIA – Jan 04, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Kye, MD?
I found Dr Kye 3 years ago after half a dozen psychiatrists, and no hope with my depression. He found the right combination of medications, that help me . I was a very difficult case,but he never give up .On my first visit I was very impressed to see how committed and passionate Dr. Kye is to helping his patients with the latest research and technology available in psychiatry. He follows up with my phone calls on the same day.I am forever grateful for him, that I can live a happy life today!
Eszter Koves in Lake Worth – Jan 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Kye, MD?
I was recommended to this doctor and I called several times to make an appointment with no response. I called again and got the secretary and she asked me many questions I did not give my home address but she said it was OK. 5 minutes later the doctor calls me and tells me that I didn't give my address it was against protocol I said I will give you my address no problem... he then replied we got off on the wrong foot and didn't want to work for me. This Dr is all about the money very arrogant
Annie Santini in Ft Lauderdale, FL – Nov 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Kye, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Kye?

Having done four years of additional NIH funded neuroscience in addition to my clinical training, I am interested in the revolutionary shift in clinical...Read more

Formal clinical training through Northwestern University's Honors Program in Medical Education and the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center.  One...Read more

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry