Dr. Christopher Kowalski, MD

Dr. Christopher Kowalski, MD

Robotic Surgery  ·
Dr. Christopher Kowalski, MD is a robotic surgery specialist in Langhorne, PA and has been practicing for 15 years. He graduated from Temple University in 1997 and specializes in robotic surgery, general surgery, and more.Read his story

1205 Langhorne Newtown Rd Ste 106

Langhorne, PA 19047

• Capital Blue Cross
  • Care Credit
  • Caremark Pharmacy
  • GENERAL
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)

Learn about Dr. Kowalski

Dr. Kowalski's Experience

Dr. Kowalski's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Robotic Surgery
  • Board certified in General Surgery

Dr. Kowalski's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Kowalski "I was born in Pennsylvania and have ongoing deep roots in the state for over 4 generations. I grew up in Maryland, outside of Washington, DC where my father began his career as a physician at Walter Reed Hospital and then in private practice in Maryland and Washington DC. I attended Temple University School of Medicine, general surgery residency at The Washington Hospital Center and went on to fellowship study of advanced laparoscopic and bariatric surgery with some of the pioneers of advanced laparoscopic and bariatric surgery at St Peter's University Hospital in New Brunswick, NJ. Dedicated training and incorporation of the da Vinci robotic surgical system has further refined my minimally invasive techniques to refine the approach to general surgical conditions. After my fellowship, I joined the academic and clinical staff at Temple University School of Medicine and Temple University Hospital. I went on to join a surgical private practice outside Kansas City, KS for many years, returning to Pennsylvania after the birth of our daughter so we could be closer to our family. I joined the medical staff of St Mary Medical Center in Langhorne, PA in 2015. I was fortunate to establish a close and collaborative practice relationship with Dr. Michael Jacobelli who has a wealth of surgical and medical experience and is one of the founding surgeons at St. Mary Medical Center. Currently I am continuing to provide robotic, laparoscopic, general and vein treatments/surgeries both as an office based, outpatient basis, as well as, an inpatient setting on the campus of St Mary Medical Center in Langhorne, PA."

This content was provided by Dr. Kowalski "By having an extensive general surgery residency experience, followed by fellowship training in advanced laparoscopic and robotic surgery, it provides me an ability to offer a comprehensive and personalized treatment for each patient. The goal is to develop the surgical approach that will have the best outcome, lowest complications, least pain, lowest use of prescription pain medication and fastest recovery and better state of well being. Expertise in traditional and minimally invasive surgical techniques, as well as, a collaboration with plastic surgery often allows the knowledge and perspective needed should someone require surgery for a complex condition. All this is possible at a caring, faith based hospital with a full complement of dedicated medical specialists, nurses, 24 hour critical care support, physical therapists, pharmacists, volunteers, nutritionists and support staff. "

• Robotic Surgery
  • Minimally Invasive Surgery
  • Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery

• General Surgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Surgery*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• King's College
  • Advanced Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgery
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2003
  • Saint Peter's University Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2003
  • Intuitive Surgical Accelerated Hernia Luminary Program With Davinci Robotic System
    Other Education | Completed 2016

• Shackelford's Textbook of Surgery,
  • Healthy Sundays,

Dr. Kowalski does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kowalski and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kowalski's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kowalski to family and friends

Dr. Kowalski's Performance

Dr. Kowalski and his expertise changed my life for the better and I couldn't have asked for a better surgeon. He has a great bedside manner and eased my worries, answered all my questions, no matter how trivial.... 2 thumbs up !!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Kowalski treated my varicose veins using thermal ablation. The procedure was done in his office under local anesthesia. It wasn't painful, and Dr. Kowalski made sure that I was comfortable during the procedure. The results of the procedure exceeded my expectations. I can recommend Dr. Kowalski...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
The most caring, professional, competent and skilled Physician I have ever worked with or had as a personal Doctor. He truly listened and took the time to explain everything to me. And when no one else could or wanted to take the time to help me, he did. And on top of it all, after 10 years, I...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option1

Thank you for the kind words which is a gift back to me and I will share with my staff. Very happy to hear you doing well.

His staff (Jessica) was rude on the phone. Day before surgery and she was rushing me off the phone and sounded annoyed by my questions. She hung up before i had the chance to say goodbye. I almost canceled my surgery as a result of this interaction.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option8thumbs down icon option1

This review has helped me and my staff refine the response to all communication matters in office environment and interaction and coordination with other patients, medical practices and hospitals. I apologize that this was the experience of the person who posted this, Measures have been made to avoid this happening again as we realize that the prospect of surgery can be stressful on multiple levels in a person's life. I thank the author of the post for helping us provide the best service,