Dr. Christopher Koenig, MD

Rheumatology ·  Male · Age 51

Dr. Koenig

Dr. Christopher Koenig, MD is a rheumatology specialist in Overland Park, KS and has been practicing for 26 years. He graduated from Baylor University in 1993 and specializes in rheumatology, osteopathic manipulative therapy, and more.

Make an appointment

Dr. Koenig accepts

Dr. Koenig accepts the following insurance:

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Kansas

Check Dr. Koenig's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Koenig treats Shoulder Disorders more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Koenig's conditions and procedures:

• Adhesive Capsulitis
  • Ankylosing Spondylitis
  • Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
  • Bleeding Disorders
  • Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Dermatomyositis
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Felty's Syndrome
  • Fever
  • Gout
  • Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP)
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Limb Cramp
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Plantar Fasciitis
  • Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)
  • Polymyositis

3.3

Dr. Koenig?
Dr. Koenig's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Christopher Koenig, MD
I quit going to this office. The staff was very unprofessional. The offices could use a good cleaning.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Koenig, MD?
Dr Koenig is fantastic, he diagnosed my issues when other doctors couldn’t. He has a straight forward manner, telling you the way it is without beating around the bush. He is very intelligent and looks beyond the box for answers to health issues.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Koenig, MD?
I have found Dr. Koenig to kind and caring. He does a good job listening. He was able to answer all my questions during the office visit to my satisfaction. When I had more questions, I used the physicians portal and got a very quick response. Although, we have only had one appointment, I am quite pleased at this point.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Koenig, MD?
My experiences with Dr. Koenig were not good. He didn't listen to my concerns regarding side effects of methotrexate and made me continue to take it for at least 6 months after notifying him of the problems. He was unhappy every time I brought in questions. Finally, his receptionist invaded my privacy and the doctor made no attempt to make it right. When I complained his response was to tell me to see a new doctor. Finally, he discussed my treatment w/a relative, who was also a patient
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Koenig, MD?
I have seen Dr. Koenig twice. My experience was positive. He is professional and personable. I worked in a hospital for several years and now as I grow older I am seeing several doctors for my many diagnoses.. Dr. Koenig is a peach compared to some doctors I have sought treatment from. Doctors are people. It is a tremendous responsibility to consistently and constantly care for people, as well as keep up on research and treatment of disease. Thank you Dr. Koenig.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Koenig, MD?
He takes time to answer your questions and has lots of experience. I would highly recommend!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Koenig, MD?
Have only seen him once and he was super nice. Listened to everything I had to say and acted like he cared what I had to say.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Koenig, MD?
I have been with Dr. Koenig for a few years now. I was struggling to find a diagnosis and after months of no one being able to tell me what was wrong, I made an appointment with Dr. Koenig for a second opinion. Dr. Koenig came in and told me right away what was wrong. He settled my nerves, got me started on the right medications and all. I am doing so much better now. And I can't thank him enough for finally being the one to know and get me started on meds. He is caring and takes his time!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Koenig, MD?
I've haven't been with Dr Koenig very long, but every time I've been he's been very kind, sympathetic, helpful, and answered all my questions. He always asks how I'm doing, and often asks about my family. He usually shares a little about himself also, which I find very nice. I've never had him rush my appointments and he's always been very thorough. I would recommend him to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Koenig, MD?
I have found Dr. Koenig to be a very kind and calm person. He quietly listens, thinks, then answers my questions - and he ALWAYS answers them. He has been a huge help to me and I would recommend him to anyone!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Koenig, MD?
Dr. Koenig is a good man, caring doctor. He listens to his patients. Highly recommend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Koenig, MD?
Dr. Koenig has an extremely quiet and calm personality - I wonder if that is what other reviewers are interpreting as "cold and uncaring"? He quietly listens to any concerns I have, then usually even takes a moment before giving his thoughtful response. I've been going to him for YEARS and have always felt he was 3 steps ahead of my condition - getting me to the point where I could go off meds completely. 95% of the office staff is delightful (there's always 1 or 2, right?) Highly recommend!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Koenig, MD?
Will never go back to this doctor . Has no personality and is very unsympathetic . Very arrogant and pompus . He had nothing to offer . I have never left an unkind review of any doctor before until now . I certainly do not recommend him to anyone ! Seems to be very pleased with himself and he really does not like you asking him any questions . He is the worst doctor I have ever met . He certaily has no compassion . Do not send anyone you care about to him . Very cold and uncaring .
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Koenig, MD?
My treatment was going along fine for about 8 months and then the pain came back. I called and left a message, the recording said they would get back to me in 24 to 48 hours. I have never had to wait that long for a response and it was 48 hours! They told me to come in and get lab work done, so I called the lab and they had no idea I was to come it. It was a total of 2 weeks before the nurse called with Dr. Koenig's response, and the whole time I was in pain. Looking for a new doctor!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Koenig, MD?
Had very bad reaction from treatment I have received . Left two massages and talked to front desk personally, she promised that doctor will be calling me to advice what to do... Nobody called me and office closed for today. Very poor customer service!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Koenig, MD?
Office staff is rude and inattentive if you can even get a live person on the phone. Don't have any trust in Dr. Koenig's care for my loved one. Will be finding a new doctor for her. EXTREMELY UNPROFESSIONAL. Saint Luke's Hospital should be ashamed for allowing him to practice at their facilities. Rating of one star is way too many, should have the option for a big fat zero.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Koenig, MD?
Rude staff when trying to make a new patient appointment. Do not recommend this office.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Koenig, MD?
Dr. Koenig is not a doctor I want to trust with my care. My last appt I was kept waiting for over 2 hrs. He also did not acknowledge health concerns when I voiced them. Did not listen to the reactions that I was having to medications. Felt that he was very unprofessional sharing rude comments about his wife. I am there for my care and my care alone. Did not feel that my care was even at the top of his concerns. Very rude. Will not return and will not recommend to anyone I know. Very disappointed
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Christopher Koenig, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Koenig?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Koenig treats patients.

AdventHealth Shawnee Mission