Dr. Christopher Kepler, MD

Dr. Christopher Kepler, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery  |
Male
Dr. Kepler is an ABOS Board Certified Spine Surgeon. He completed a two year fellowship in spine surgery and spine research at Rothman Institute and Thomas Jefferson University. Prior to fellowship, Dr. Kepler completed his residency at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York City. He received his M.D. from Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons in 2005 and also attended business school at Columbia, receiving an MBA. He has published more than a hundred peer-reviewed articles and presents regularly at national and international spine meetings. He has multiple ongoing research interests including a strong interest in basic research where he studies the molecular biology of disc degeneration and strategies to prevent postoperative infection, research which is funded by the NIH. Dr. Kepler has a faculty appointment at Thomas Jefferson University where he directs a basic science lab and is heavily involved in clinical research.

999 Route 73 N Ste 401

Marlton, NJ 08053

• Amalgamated Clothing & Textile Workers Union
  • Amerihealth
  • CoreSource
  • EmblemHealth

Learn about Dr. Kepler

See how frequently Dr. Kepler performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Herniated Disc Surgery
Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
Myelopathy

Dr. Kepler's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Kepler "Performing surgery is always used as a last resort, only after all other avenues have been explored.  When surgery is necessary, I perform the least invasive surgery which I think will address a patient's complaints and avoid spinal fusion whenever possible. I encourage open lines of communication with my patients and this is reflected in the amount of time spent with patients and the careful attention that I give to everyone to help sort through their problems regardless of whether they will ultimately need surgery. "

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Arthritis of the Elbow
  • Ataxia
  • Bone Cancer
  • Broken Neck
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture

• Brain Surgery
  • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Spinal Compression Fracture Repair
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Fracture Treatment

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Duke University
  • Thomas Jefferson University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2012
  • Columbia University Business School
    Other Education | Completed 2005

Dr. Kepler has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Kepler does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kepler and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kepler's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kepler to family and friends
Dr. Kepler's Performance
in Wilmington, DE |
I would like to say in all of my 70years dealing with doctors there has never been a doctor like Dr. Kelper. I have had back problems for years from 1995. In all I have had 10 back surgeries.. Dr. Kelper Is the only one who has shown me compassion and empathy. From my first visit, I knew he was special. When I saw him he told me I would walk again. I had had back surgery in 2015. in DE. I will never have surgery if I need it in DE. again. Dr. Kepler is the BEST
in Swedesboro, NJ |
After meeting several surgeons at other local hospitals, I decided to have Dr. Kepler perform my Laminectomy and Discectomy. He is very experienced, confident and knowledgable about which types of procedures to perform and NOT perform. He also has the best bedside manner. He's very easy to talk with and he addresses all concerns. He makes you feel as if you are his only patient. His PA, Alexis Drennen, his also very experienced and extremely helpful and together, they make a phenomenal team!
Philadelphia, PA |
Wish I had come sooner! I'm back to working out with a trainer 2 times a week and doing everything I want to do. Thanks - great doctor and great staff, especially Alexis!
in Philadelphia, PA |
Dr kepler listened carefully and understood my concerns. Everyone I've spoken to had great things to say about him, I'm so happy I went to see him!
in Glenolden, PA |
I saw Dr. Kepler today and although I have not had surgery yet I was impressed with how thorough he was with his explanations of what was going on with my situation. Also, he took his time making sure I fully understood all aspects of my surgical procedures, time in hospital and recuperation. He left nothing out. He showed me scans, x-rays and pointed out all that was happening and what pain relief percentage wise to the best he can give me. I am truly pleased with Dr. Keplet's approachLJohnson
in Newark, NJ |
The moment i met him and he shook my hand, the firmness and surety of his grip instilled in me trust and confidence in him.. I could tell immediately that he had reviewed my cd and knew EXACTLY how to proceed with my care... Spot On!!! It is without hesitation that I award him 5 STARS!!!
in Deptford, NJ |
I have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Kepler. I went to him with extreme nerve pain caused by two herniated cervical discs. While his 1st option was non surgical, ultimately I required spinal decompression & fusion. He is a skilled surgeon & a true professional. I am about one year removed from surgery & feel fantastic. Thank you Dr. Kepler!
in wenonah, nj |
Dr. Kepler is no longer at the Rothman Washington Twp. office. He only sees patients in their Marlton, NJ office and Rothman at Jefferson University Hospital Campus, Phila, PA. He's extremely knowledgeable of all issues of the spine. Excellent bedside manner and concern for his patients. Like all popular docs who are in surgery 1-2 times per week, office appointments may take longer than expected. Having Dr. Kepler perform successful, major spine surgery was worth the wait for me.
in Philadelphia, PA |
A little over a year ago, my wife was gravely ill with a spinal fracture on her lumbar region as a result of metastatic stage 4 breast cancer. She was to the point where she was immobile and couldn't even perform the simplest tasks such as walking. Long story short, the very day after her spinal fusion surgery she walked, not 100% of course, but she walked. Dr. Kepler saved my wife's life and I am forever grateful for his love, compassion and care that he showed towards my wife and our family.
in West Deptford, NJ |
Dr. Kepler is an excellent doctor. He is courteous, respectful, and a highly competent surgeon. I had been dealing with back pain and getting shots for nearly four years from another entity. Eventually I was getting no relief and decided to undergo surgery. I contacted Rothman, was promptly scheduled to meet with Dr. Kepler, was scheduled for surgery within a week, and I am extremely grateful and happy to report that my back is 100% pain free. My only regret is not doing it sooner.
in West Deptford, NJ |
My first impression was not very good. But I went back because I was at my wits end with back pain. The diagnostic tests he ordered were scheduled quickly. Once the results were back there was a pre op consult where Dr. Kepler was honest in that he was not sure he could help the back pain (60%) , but was pretty sure (90%) he could help with the nerve pain. While at the hospital, Dr. Kepler and his staff were attentive and empathetic.
in Lake Como, Nj. |
When meeting Dr. Kepler, I had been dealing with severe chronic low back pain with left leg sciatica for 13 years . He was one of two Dr.'s I was seeing for opinions on how to relieve my pain surgically. After my initial visit with Dr. Kepler I cancelled my second opinion and scheduled my surgery with him. March 28 2016 I had my surgery and today June 16 the for the first time in 13 years I am Pain Free!! Thank you Dr. Kepler, assistant Alexis Pino and all staff at Thomas Jefferson Univ Hospit
Edison, NJ |
Dr.Kepler took his time to explain my condition to me, treatment options, and how the treatment would go. He is an excellent doctor and I would recommend him to anyone needing an opinion regarding their spine condition and pain.
in Newark,Delaware |
Pleasant, kind and extremely professional . Dr. Kepler really made my family and I feel confident that my husband was in good hands. I highly recommend him.
in Burlington NJ |
He was rude, arrogant as soon as he walked into the room. He tried to tell me there was nothing wrong with my back going by an xray he took. I had a MRI that was 6 days old showing a ripped, bulging partially collapsed disc that he didn't even look at until i asked about it and he still said that wasn't the cause of my pain. The man never asked me a single question, just there's nothing wrong and he can't help me.
Have you seen Dr. Christopher Kepler, MD?
Are you Dr. Kepler?