Dr. Christopher Kepler, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery | Male

Dr. Christopher Kepler, MD
Dr. Kepler is an ABOS Board Certified Spine Surgeon. He completed a two year fellowship in spine surgery and spine research at Rothman Institute and Thomas Jefferson University. Prior to fellowship, Dr. Kepler completed his residency at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York City. He received his M.D. from Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons in 2005 and also attended business school at Columbia, receiving an MBA. He has published more than a hundred peer-reviewed articles and presents regularly at national and international spine meetings. He has multiple ongoing research interests including a strong interest in basic research where he studies the molecular biology of disc degeneration and strategies to prevent postoperative infection, research which is funded by the NIH. Dr. Kepler has a faculty appointment at Thomas Jefferson University where he directs a basic science lab and is heavily involved in clinical research.

Dr. Kepler's Care Philosophy

Performing surgery is always used as a last resort, only after all other avenues have been explored. When surgery is necessary, I perform the least invasive surgery which I think will address a patient's complaints and avoid spinal fusion whenever possible. I encourage open lines of communication with my patients and this is reflected in the amount of time spent with patients and the careful attention that I give to everyone to help sort through their problems regardless of whether they will ultimately need surgery.

Dr. Kepler's Experience

See how Dr. Kepler's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Kepler

Dr. Kepler accepts 19 insurance carriers

Dr. Kepler is now accepting new patients
Rothman Institute - Marlton999 Route 73 N
Marlton, NJ 08053
(267) 339-3500Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Kepler has admitting privileges.

Dr. Kepler's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kepler to family and friends
Dr. Kepler's Performance
in Glenolden, PA |
I saw Dr. Kepler today and although I have not had surgery yet I was impressed with how thorough he was with his explanations of what was going on with my situation. Also, he took his time making sure I fully understood all aspects of my surgical procedures, time in hospital and recuperation. He left nothing out. He showed me scans, x-rays and pointed out all that was happening and what pain relief percentage wise to the best he can give me. I am truly pleased with Dr. Keplet's approachLJohnson
in Newark, NJ |
The moment i met him and he shook my hand, the firmness and surety of his grip instilled in me trust and confidence in him.. I could tell immediately that he had reviewed my cd and knew EXACTLY how to proceed with my care... Spot On!!! It is without hesitation that I award him 5 STARS!!!
in Deptford, NJ |
I have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Kepler. I went to him with extreme nerve pain caused by two herniated cervical discs. While his 1st option was non surgical, ultimately I required spinal decompression & fusion. He is a skilled surgeon & a true professional. I am about one year removed from surgery & feel fantastic. Thank you Dr. Kepler!
in wenonah, nj |
Dr. Kepler is no longer at the Rothman Washington Twp. office. He only sees patients in their Marlton, NJ office and Rothman at Jefferson University Hospital Campus, Phila, PA. He's extremely knowledgeable of all issues of the spine. Excellent bedside manner and concern for his patients. Like all popular docs who are in surgery 1-2 times per week, office appointments may take longer than expected. Having Dr. Kepler perform successful, major spine surgery was worth the wait for me.
in Philadelphia, PA |
A little over a year ago, my wife was gravely ill with a spinal fracture on her lumbar region as a result of metastatic stage 4 breast cancer. She was to the point where she was immobile and couldn't even perform the simplest tasks such as walking. Long story short, the very day after her spinal fusion surgery she walked, not 100% of course, but she walked. Dr. Kepler saved my wife's life and I am forever grateful for his love, compassion and care that he showed towards my wife and our family.
in West Deptford, NJ |
Dr. Kepler is an excellent doctor. He is courteous, respectful, and a highly competent surgeon. I had been dealing with back pain and getting shots for nearly four years from another entity. Eventually I was getting no relief and decided to undergo surgery. I contacted Rothman, was promptly scheduled to meet with Dr. Kepler, was scheduled for surgery within a week, and I am extremely grateful and happy to report that my back is 100% pain free. My only regret is not doing it sooner.
in West Deptford, NJ |
My first impression was not very good. But I went back because I was at my wits end with back pain. The diagnostic tests he ordered were scheduled quickly. Once the results were back there was a pre op consult where Dr. Kepler was honest in that he was not sure he could help the back pain (60%) , but was pretty sure (90%) he could help with the nerve pain. While at the hospital, Dr. Kepler and his staff were attentive and empathetic.
in Lake Como, Nj. |
When meeting Dr. Kepler, I had been dealing with severe chronic low back pain with left leg sciatica for 13 years . He was one of two Dr.'s I was seeing for opinions on how to relieve my pain surgically. After my initial visit with Dr. Kepler I cancelled my second opinion and scheduled my surgery with him. March 28 2016 I had my surgery and today June 16 the for the first time in 13 years I am Pain Free!! Thank you Dr. Kepler, assistant Alexis Pino and all staff at Thomas Jefferson Univ Hospit
Edison, NJ |
Dr.Kepler took his time to explain my condition to me, treatment options, and how the treatment would go. He is an excellent doctor and I would recommend him to anyone needing an opinion regarding their spine condition and pain.
in Newark,Delaware |
Pleasant, kind and extremely professional . Dr. Kepler really made my family and I feel confident that my husband was in good hands. I highly recommend him.
in Burlington NJ |
He was rude, arrogant as soon as he walked into the room. He tried to tell me there was nothing wrong with my back going by an xray he took. I had a MRI that was 6 days old showing a ripped, bulging partially collapsed disc that he didn't even look at until i asked about it and he still said that wasn't the cause of my pain. The man never asked me a single question, just there's nothing wrong and he can't help me.
Have you seen Dr. Christopher Kepler, MD?
Are you Dr. Kepler?

Compare Dr. Kepler

Dr. Kepler says...

He received his M.D. from Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons in 2005 and also attended business school at Columbia, receiving an MBA.

He has published more than a hundred peer-reviewed articles and presents regularly at national and international spine meetings. He has multiple ongoing research interests including a strong interest in basic research where he studies the molecular biology of disc degeneration and strategies to prevent postoperative infection, research which is funded by the NIH.  Dr. Kepler has a faculty appointment at Thomas Jefferson University where he directs a basic science lab and is heavily involved in clinical research.

Dr. Kepler's Care Philosophy

Performing surgery is always used as a last resort, only after all other avenues have been explored.  When surgery is necessary, I perform the least invasive surgery which I think will address a patient's complaints and avoid spinal fusion whenever possible. I encourage open lines of communication with my patients and this is reflected in the amount of time spent with patients and the careful attention that I give to everyone to help sort through their problems regardless of whether they will ultimately need surgery.

Dr. Kepler's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Kepler has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

Why It Matters: Dr. Kepler's Board Certifications

• Aneurysm
  • Ankle Sprains and Strains
  • Ankylosing Spondylitis
  • Ataxia
  • Bone Cancer
  • Broken Neck
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease

Graduated in 2000

• Other Education
    Columbia University Business School

Completed in 2005

Dr. Kepler does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kepler and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery
  • Minimally Invasive Neurological Spine Surgery
  • Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery
  • Neurological Spine Reconstructive Surgery
  • Neurological Spine Surgery
  • Orthopedic Spine Reconstructive Surgery

• Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Spinal Compression Fracture Repair